User Reviews for Hyaluronidase

Also known as: Hylenex, Vitrase, Amphadase Hydase

Hyaluronidase has an average rating of 2.0 out of 10 from a total of 53 ratings on Drugs.com. 8% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 88% reported a negative experience.

Dissolution of Dermal Filler  Off-label
1.8
Hypodermoclysis
10.0
Summary of Hyaluronidase reviews 2.0 53 reviews

Reviews for Hyaluronidase

predora · May 1, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hyaluronidase should be banned, I had injected three months ago to correct a filler problem and now my under eye has caved in and skin has changed in color and it spreading down my cheek. Why do doctors not know what this stuff can do. They deny that this can happen. I cannot believe this is happening and what makes it worse is nothing can be done so I have to watch my face melt away. Beyond depressed, my soul is gone and just want to crawl into a hole and never come out.”

Anonymous9190 · Taken for less than 1 month · June 11, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “I had Hyaluronidase injections used on my face to dissolve filler and it has caused nerve damage, pain and burning sensation, dry eyes, blurred vision, it damaged my skin permanently. I have experienced volume loss, skin laxity, sunken eyes, changes in skin texture, pain in left side of my jaw unable to open my mouth properly because my jaw clicks and locks. I had the injection over a year ago, never had any of these problems before, still ongoing, awful experience.”

Damaged · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 3, 2022

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hyaluronidase to dissolve filler is an off label use of the drug. Dissolver can and does impact your own skin tissue and can cause longterm serious issues. I had my upper lip dissolved 4.5 months ago and have been dealing with tingling and pain all over my chin and jaw ever since. Every day I wake up with new dents on my face where my actual skin tissue has been eaten by the drug. It’s the biggest regret of my life so far. Just want to make sure nobody else make the same mistake as me.”

PANDORA · February 7, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “After being botched by dermal fillers, I had Hyaluronidase injected into my face on 4 seperate occasions within 3.5 years. The Hyaluronidase did not dissolve the fillers, instead it dissolved my own HA. My facial structure collapsed, my cheeks caved in, I had deep indentations under my eyes, the corners of my mouth dropped and my skin became loose, stretchy and saggy. As time goes by, my face just keeps getting worse and the damage has travelled down to my neck. My connective tissue is so weak from all the dissolving. I was never informed about the risks, dangers and complications regarding Hyaluronidase. I was led to believe that it was a safe and simple solution to dissolving botched fillers. Hyaluronidase damage has physically aged my appearance by 10-15 years. It doesn’t help knowing that not only is Hyaluronidase used off label to dissolve fillers but it is also used off label to treat cellulite. This is how toxic and aggressive Hyaluronidase is. IT SHOULD BE BANNED.”

Atha · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 30, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “In all honesty this drug should not be legal. I’ve spoken to hundreds of independent strong young women who have been disfigured from this enzyme. More and more physicians are realizing the dangers and will not be upfront with you. You will change the course of your health and life will go downhill. This enzyme is a super ager and will permanently damage your skin and you will lose all volume in your face within a matter of minutes. Support group on Facebook grows by a hundred each week. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I wish somebody did for me. Even fifty units can harm. Higher dosages than that will melt your face. I was injected by a board certified oculoplastic surgeon.”

Alisa · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 24, 2020

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “I had filler under eye dissolved with hyaluronidase, about 20 units in total in one week. It gave extremely serious systematic issues that is not known by any doctor, but there are plenty people that have exactly same after hyaluronidase. It begin to with softening, volume loss in my cheeks and chin, then it started to affect all my connective tissues around the body, my eyebrows , forehead, my eyes went deeper inside, scalp became bony. Every day I have burning sensations under my skin. All my body changed, I am only 23 and it affected all my body connective tissues is only been 5 months after and is still progressing! I was a very beautiful girl before, I was active. Now my life changed so much. And no one knows that connection, so lots of doctors will think that you are lying And crazy. It can trigger this systematic issue which is very life threatening disease that you will get an no one will help with that!”

Eas · January 26, 2022

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Only had filler dissolved in my lips and the hylenex spread over months into my entire face and body. It was the most traumatic experience of my life. Went to multiple doctors for help with only denial and a loss for what happened. My eyes were the scariest part. I got a corneal inflammation and extreme dry eye. I had so much eye pressure. Went to multiple eye doctors for help. I now have an aqueous deficiency in my eyes. My cheeks dropped and my face burned for 8 months. I would wake up in the middle of the night in pain from the burning, I would be running to sink for cold compresses. I was extremely thirsty in the first few months and couldn't drink enough water. My eyes have sunken into my head I believe because the supporting tissue around has been changed. The skin on my entire body has thinned. I can see veins that were not present before. All from dissolver in my lips. Why is the FDA allowing all of us women to suffer and not putting a warning label. No studies of it being used in peoples faces.”

LAS VEGAS · Taken for 1 to 2 years · February 7, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “I am permanently disfigured because of hyaluronidase aka Hylenex. It was unnecessarily injected into my lip damaging my nerve and destroying the area of my lips and chin, exposing my lower teeth. The enzyme spreads!!! It has been over a year and I still feel the stinging and burning everywhere the enzyme and spread to. Doctors lie and say this product will not damage you! No help for people damaged by this enzyme!! How can the manufactures of hyaluronidase create a product this dangerous without creating something to counteract it affects, should something go wrong?! I have indentations in my face, and when I try to smile my lower teeth are exposed and my "smile" is lopsided!! I will never be able to smile again for the rest of my life!”

Evil Poison · November 13, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “This was used to remove filler, I am three months out since it was used. Affected my whole face. Eyes destroyed with non functional tear ducts. Some days I'm not able to open them due to pain. Upper lids dried out causing more severe pain. Lower eyelids kind of no longer attached to eyes. The whole body burning and the pain makes me vomit on a daily basis. Wounds won't heal anymore and bruises don't go away. Occulists and doctors don't take you seriously - don't you ever believe you will get any help wherever in the world you live. This substance easily steal your life away and from then you are alone. Don't you ever use this substance. Don't do it. Please, wait for the filler to dissolve on its own. Now I have told you.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 2, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Had 1 nasolabial dissolved. Destroyed my connective tissue. Have been going to therapy . Refilled but not the same. Dent in my face. I will never be the same again, I take vitamins and see an esthetician. The cosmetic community has let me down. They told me nothing bad would happen and not to believe reviews. I have regretted this everyday. I don’t know how I will make it through. I am devastated. This drug should be illegal except for emergencies. It makes me wonder what else I’m lied to about. It caused saggy skin and premature aging. Protect your skin. This has ruined me & caused great pain”

sweetiemeetie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · April 29, 2022

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hi, I, too was shocked by these reviews. I had jaw fillers that were dissolved using hyaluronidase yesterday. I just didn't like the boxy jaw. Personal preference. My doctor injected the same amount of hyaluronidase as the filler. I only have some bruising right now but I am not worried about it. My face looks fine. And I noticed the fillers are softer around the jawline today. I have no complaints.”

Joeann · April 22, 2021

Vitrase (hyaluronidase): “It has been 4 months since Vitrase destroyed apart of me. I was not told any of the risks associated with its use, other than maybe volume loss, that's it. Why are these injectors getting away with this? Why do criminals have more rights than a damaged patient. I have corneal inflammation from it. Pain itchy eyes and its a living nightmare. Not even mentioning what it did to my face it completely destroyed it.”

Fabiolla · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 13, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hyaluronidase should be banned!!! It destroyed my whole skin not only where it was injected, it spreads everywhere causing inflammation, premature ageing & endless damage!!! Please do not use it to dissolve fillers, it dissolves your natural Hyaluronic acid, liquefies your connective tissue, your face become mushy, jelly, & your skin saggy, loose, wrinkled, full of dents,...”

PANDORA2804 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 12, 2020

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hyaluronidase permanently destroyed my skin. It did not detect the dermal filler in my face, causing my skin’s own tissue to dissolve. I am now left with caved in cheeks, deep dents under my eyes along with loose, saggy and stretchy skin. Only a facelift can fix it. I am only 45 years old but the damage Hyaluronidase caused has aged my skin by 10 years. Hyaluronidase can’t distinguish between HA in dermal fillers and HA in your skin, it dissolves what is easiest (your skin’s HA). Dermal fillers are highly cross-linked which makes them harder to dissolve. Hyaluronidase is also used off label to treat cellulite. POISON. DO NOT USE.”

Baks · Taken for 2 to 5 years · July 16, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hyaluronidase dissolves the entire tissue, deep circles under the eyes, sunken cheeks, thinned temples form. The skin becomes dry and wrinkled. You look 20 years older. Since then, I've had sharp, cutting pain in my face and it seems like it just won't stop the breakdown process. A dermatologist from Bonn University Hospital told me that this process can take years. Doctors know what hyaluronidase does !!”

Luna · Taken for less than 1 month · August 6, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Terrible. I had a very small amount of Hylenex injected into two lumps in my lips and it has destroyed my face. I now have marionette lines and sagging cheeks! It’s so depressing. Don’t do it, not even a little bit at a time. Wait for your filler to dissolve. I wish I did.”

Claire · October 1, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “I had filler, one eye was overfilled, I lived with it for about 4 months, eventually decided to get it dissolved because it kept puffing up and looking worse, the hylauronidase definitely did its job and some, there was an unmistakable dent, I had the dent refilled but the skin looked wrinkly, after a few weeks all swelling has settled there still a small indent that I’m considering getting a tiny bit more filler to level it out. I was told any mistake with filler would be “easily resolved” the same dr then told me “I would be opening a can of worms” when I enquired about dissolving it. Anyway what I wanted to do was let anyone who reads this know that glycolic acid really helped my skin plump back up, I’ve been using the madebysunday one called recovery on but I’m sure others would work just as well. I hope this works for someone else as it’s really helped me. I’ve been using it for a week and my skin looks completely different”

Hopeless · December 24, 2020

Vitrase (hyaluronidase): “Vitrase is horrible, do not get filler, do not get vitrase. Sureeee they say its safe, because its makes them money! It is not safe, your doctor, your injector will straight up lie to your face. Please don't get vitrase.”

RBK · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 1, 2022

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “If your doctor tells you its safe, run! I thought I could take risk, that it’s used all the time. I saw these reviews but my doctor promised he’s never seen any side effects. These past two months have been hell. I’ve had face burning, head burning, eye burning, dry eye, fatigue, terrible eye bags, volume loss, saggy skin. I don’t recognize myself anymore. I am getting tested for nerve damage this week. If things don’t get better I don’t know how I can live like this.”

Unfortunate · June 22, 2022

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Not denying that this works, I will state that it is unpredictable & uncontrollable. I used this 1 year ago and was perfectly fine after a few days of swelling. 1 year later however, I used the ‘magic eraser’ after an overfill and this drug has completely ruined my life. My eyes have sunken into my skull and changed shape, my forehead forms ripples when I run my finger along it, I can literally lift my cheeks up and down and my jawline is saggy. This also caused my hair to fall out and I lost collagen in not only my face but my whole body. I am currently seeking surgery to rectify the horrific damage to my face. My face has aged 30 years and I have lost all of my features. I am only 30 years old btw, from an outgoing confident girl to someone who would rather hide in their room. If I had known this was even a possibility I would have kept the botched filler for the rest of my life. This is the biggest mistake I have ever made and I wish someone told me this was a risk beforehand.”

PAE · November 5, 2021

Hylenex (hyaluronidase): “I was told by my doctors that it would not spread and it does not damage tissue. It did both. From injections around my mouth to my eyes, scalp, hands, feet .. I was scared for my vision at one point. 6 months out and this has been a living nightmare. I can’t believe the FDA is allowing this to happen to so many women. Most may not relate it to the dissolver…like joint problems, dry eye, etc. Manufacturers should have warning label like Botox.”

Mila · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 1, 2021

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “I had Hylenex injecting to dissolve 'wrong' filler and this procedure damaged my face terribly. The doctor said "it's not hurt" but it did! My cheeks lost their normal volume causing the sagging of the neck skin. I didn't even had filler on these areas where my own tissues melted. I see that this drug spreads around. I asked the doctor to report this bad side effect to the pharmaceutical company but he denied Hylenex can cause such bad effect. I am depressed badly, can't look myself in the mirror and embarrassed to meet my friends.”

Gaby · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 10, 2019

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hyaluronidaise DISSOLVED MY NATURAL tissues! My oculist used it to dissolve filler in that I had for 2 months and I hated how it looked because I was overfilled in 1 eye . I was told by her it was SAFE and only dissolved filler leaving my natural tissue intact. WELL it dissolved not only my natural HA but all my collagen and fat in my under eyes and EVEN MY CHEEKS where I had never had filler! The worst thing is this is being used OFF LABEL so I can't sue the manufacturer but I am SURE THEY know this is happening. Just check realself website for reviews about hyaluronidase! We need to report this to the FDA! This is criminal and the doctors lie stating it does not damage or that "they have never seen it" or even worse dismiss you! I am so depressed. DO NOT USE THIS DRUG to dissolve filler. Now I need a fat transfer and on one side it even made an atrophy dent. I am devastated!”

Hyal sufferer · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 22, 2022

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “Hyaluronidase is awful. Zero accountability from doctors and zero support from anyone in the medical system once it began destroying my natural tissues / body and overall health. The stress and trauma from being refuted and disbelieved is something that, even if my body entirely recovered, I would never entirely recover from. Anyone reading this MUST know there are ZERO studies regarding safety profile for dissolving filler using this product. It is an enzyme and is catalytic and in thousands is causing a cascade of immunological issues along with facial deformity / structural issues (jaw problems from the soft tissue and ligaments changing). I am now on disability payments due to how severely systemically unwell I am. I had upper lip dissolved only. The first expose on the realities of this product has been released on VICE and I encourage anyone considering this drug to read it. This drug is not FDA approved for this purpose, my life as I knew it is over.”

Sad eyes · Taken for less than 1 month · August 22, 2022

For Dissolution of Dermal Filler: “I really got lied to right to my face and asked repeatedly if it could hurt my eyes. I specifically asked because they shoot it with a cannula right towards your eyes to remove eye filler. Then later talked down to by another nurse injector. Vitrase ruined my eyes and stole my vision. It's left me with constant eye itching and I cannot wear makeup. Dry eye and corneal inflammation. Skin inflammation that doesn't stop. I am so sad. They didn't tell me anything like this could even happen. That it was safe for the eyes well it isn't, I have read lots of articles about the damage it can do to the cornea. Not to mention what its done to my face and self confidence. And now I cannot even see, even with glasses. It is not even FDA approved for this use. Its also cost me more money than I can say because of all the medications and Drs to try and fix my eyes.”