User Reviews for Hyaluronidase

Also known as: Hylenex, Vitrase, Amphadase Hydase

Hyaluronidase has an average rating of 3.2 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 8% of those users who reviewed Hyaluronidase reported a positive effect, while 92% reported a negative effect.

Hypodermoclysis
5.5
Extravasation
Subcutaneous Urography
Summary of Hyaluronidase reviews 3.2 5 reviews

Reviews for Hyaluronidase

Anonymous9190 · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2021

“I had Hyaluronidase injections used on my face to dissolve filler and it has caused nerve damage, pain and burning sensation, dry eyes, blurred vision, it damaged my skin permanently. I have experienced volume loss, skin laxity, sunken eyes, changes in skin texture, pain in left side of my jaw unable to open my mouth properly because my jaw clicks and locks. I had the injection over a year ago, never had any of these problems before, still ongoing, awful experience.”

predora May 1, 2021

“Hyaluronidase should be banned, I had injected three months ago to correct a filler problem and now my under eye has caved in and skin has changed in color and it spreading down my cheek. Why do doctors not know what this stuff can do. They deny that this can happen. I cannot believe this is happening and what makes it worse is nothing can be done so I have to watch my face melt away. Beyond depressed, my soul is gone and just want to crawl into a hole and never come out.”

Joeann April 22, 2021

Vitrase (hyaluronidase): “It has been 4 months since Vitrase destroyed apart of me. I was not told any of the risks associated with its use, other than maybe volume loss, that's it. Why are these injectors getting away with this? Why do criminals have more rights than a damaged patient. I have corneal inflammation from it. Pain itchy eyes and its a living nightmare. Not even mentioning what it did to my face it completely destroyed it.”

LAS VEGAS · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 7, 2021

For Hypodermoclysis: “I am permanently disfigured because of hyaluronidase aka Hylenex. It was unnecessarily injected into my lip damaging my nerve and destroying the area of my lips and chin, exposing my lower teeth. The enzyme spreads!!! It has been over a year and I still feel the stinging and burning everywhere the enzyme and spread to. Doctors lie and say this product will not damage you! No help for people damaged by this enzyme!! How can the manufactures of hyaluronidase create a product this dangerous without creating something to counteract it affects, should something go wrong?! I have indentations in my face, and when I try to smile my lower teeth are exposed and my "smile" is lopsided!! I will never be able to smile again for the rest of my life!”

PANDORA February 7, 2021

For Hypodermoclysis: “After being botched by dermal fillers, I had Hyaluronidase injected into my face on 4 seperate occasions within 3.5 years. The Hyaluronidase did not dissolve the fillers, instead it dissolved my own HA. My facial structure collapsed, my cheeks caved in, I had deep indentations under my eyes, the corners of my mouth dropped and my skin became loose, stretchy and saggy. As time goes by, my face just keeps getting worse and the damage has travelled down to my neck. My connective tissue is so weak from all the dissolving. I was never informed about the risks, dangers and complications regarding Hyaluronidase. I was led to believe that it was a safe and simple solution to dissolving botched fillers. Hyaluronidase damage has physically aged my appearance by 10-15 years. It doesn’t help knowing that not only is Hyaluronidase used off label to dissolve fillers but it is also used off label to treat cellulite. This is how toxic and aggressive Hyaluronidase is. IT SHOULD BE BANNED.”

Alisa · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2020

For Subcutaneous Urography: “I had filler under eye dissolved with hyaluronidase, about 20 units in total in one week. It gave extremely serious systematic issues that is not known by any doctor, but there are plenty people that have exactly same after hyaluronidase. It begin to with softening, volume loss in my cheeks and chin, then it started to affect all my connective tissues around the body, my eyebrows , forehead, my eyes went deeper inside, scalp became bony. Every day I have burning sensations under my skin. All my body changed, I am only 23 and it affected all my body connective tissues is only been 5 months after and is still progressing! I was a very beautiful girl before, I was active. Now my life changed so much. And no one knows that connection, so lots of doctors will think that you are lying And crazy. It can trigger this systematic issue which is very life threatening disease that you will get an no one will help with that!”

Fabiolla · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 13, 2021

“Hyaluronidase should be banned!!! It destroyed my whole skin not only where it was injected, it spreads everywhere causing inflammation, premature ageing & endless damage!!! Please do not use it to dissolve fillers, it dissolves your natural Hyaluronic acid, liquefies your connective tissue, your face become mushy, jelly, & your skin saggy, loose, wrinkled, full of dents,...”

Hopeless December 24, 2020

Vitrase (hyaluronidase): “Vitrase is horrible, do not get filler, do not get vitrase. Sureeee they say its safe, because its makes them money! It is not safe, your doctor, your injector will straight up lie to your face. Please don't get vitrase.”

PANDORA2804 · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2020

For Extravasation: “Hyaluronidase permanently destroyed my skin. It did not detect the dermal filler in my face, causing my skin’s own tissue to dissolve. I am now left with caved in cheeks, deep dents under my eyes along with loose, saggy and stretchy skin. Only a facelift can fix it. I am only 45 years old but the damage Hyaluronidase caused has aged my skin by 10 years. Hyaluronidase can’t distinguish between HA in dermal fillers and HA in your skin, it dissolves what is easiest (your skin’s HA). Dermal fillers are highly cross-linked which makes them harder to dissolve. Hyaluronidase is also used off label to treat cellulite. POISON. DO NOT USE.”

Anonymous February 25, 2021

“I waited 8 months to get this dissolve an ovrefill with dermal filler and when I did I definitely regret it. It was on one nasolabial fold. It is permanently damaged. 5 units of hyaluronidase and they added filler but not same. I am dumb for going through with it. I didn't want to live in fear. Cost 2500 to cover up. And now permanently damaged . It's worse than I thought. Also dissolves over days. At first I was pleased because it went down.”

Gaby · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2019

“Hyaluronidaise DISSOLVED MY NATURAL tissues! My oculist used it to dissolve filler in that I had for 2 months and I hated how it looked because I was overfilled in 1 eye . I was told by her it was SAFE and only dissolved filler leaving my natural tissue intact. WELL it dissolved not only my natural HA but all my collagen and fat in my under eyes and EVEN MY CHEEKS where I had never had filler! The worst thing is this is being used OFF LABEL so I can't sue the manufacturer but I am SURE THEY know this is happening. Just check realself website for reviews about hyaluronidase! We need to report this to the FDA! This is criminal and the doctors lie stating it does not damage or that "they have never seen it" or even worse dismiss you! I am so depressed. DO NOT USE THIS DRUG to dissolve filler. Now I need a fat transfer and on one side it even made an atrophy dent. I am devastated!”

Las Vegas February 9, 2021

“Correction on my review- Hyaluronidase was NOT taken for 1 to 2 years as it states on top of my review. It has been a year SINCE I was damaged by hyaluronidase.”

Anonymous February 17, 2010

Hylenex (hyaluronidase) for Hypodermoclysis: “Easy. Fast. No problems.”