User Reviews for Furosemide (Page 4)

Also known as: Lasix, Diaqua-2

Pulmonary Edema 5.0
Summary of Furosemide reviews 6.8 91 reviews

Reviews for Furosemide

Anonymous August 2, 2010

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I really had edema all over my body (i.e. face, hands, feet), but especially on my legs! I went to my doctor and she prescribed this medication to me, it's working like magic! I take it in the morning as soon I wake up, I noticed it's more effective taken on empty stomach, then after breakfast and so on. I had to deal with some headaches(minor), but it was definitely worth it!!”

LJB_VA May 6, 2010

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I have been using Lasix in combination with Hydrochlorothiazide for 6 months for pitting edema/hypertension and it's effects seem to have worn off. I started on 20mg once a day for 2 months then up to 40mg once a day for the last 4 months. Now my legs are back to swelling as much as if I were taking nothing. My blood pressure is good though. Side effects, headaches.”

Jill J. April 6, 2010

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I have taken Lasix for a week to reduce the swelling in my legs. It's working fine and I feel better. The side effects are manageable. I have to pee a lot, and I've had to deal with some headaches.”

njmonica December 3, 2009

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I was only able to take 40mg once. It took all the strength out of my legs - I couldn't even stand up.”

liloscar October 30, 2009

For Heart Failure: “My vet gives this drug to my dog. He has C.H.F because of this he has been able to breath better and can now sleep better. Before he would cough blood and fluid.”

DaddyRob1 October 16, 2009

For Edema: “I am 62 and never had any problem with pedal edema until I began having to take medications for 'severe restless leg syndrome' and my meralgia paresthetica. Suddenly I was experiencing such edema problems that not only were my ankles drastically swollen but the edema moved upward to involve my entire calf area bilaterally. After just one day taking furosemide there was almost no edema at all - and that was on just 40 mg. I am sure the furosemide is responsible for controlling the edema because if I miss even one day, the drastic ankle and calf edema returns. This is one GREAT medicine.”

b mitchell October 2, 2009

For Heart Failure: “furosemide: This medication works very quickly and effectively. I take Lasix/furosemide daily in the morning. I am retired to release all of the fluid which I retain. I have lost between 4 to 5 lbs of fluid in my body.”

hemaro September 18, 2009

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “Great medication for Peripheral Edemas. Decreased swelling up to 50% in just one week at 80mg twice a day.”

skinny ankle August 22, 2009

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I took the first dose on a Friday after work. That night I was awake all night with terrible leg cramps and an odd cramp in my midriff. I took the second dose earlier in the afternoon the next day. The cramp in my midriff returned. I called the hospital where my doctor practices and the nurse practitioner from her office called me back. She advised me not to take the Lasix anymore and to go to the ER if the cramping came back tonight. My ankle is nearly normal size, but I am not sure it was worth it.”

Lurky August 16, 2009

For Edema: “I took my first dose of Furosemide yesterday morning,1 x 20mg tablet at 6.00am (when I take other medicines). I fell asleep and woke at 11.15am and felt tipsey, restless and had twitches and tingling in my hands and fingers. I also had a very dry mouth and was very thirsty and did more housework than I've done in the last 3 months put together. I suffer from chronic back pain and chronic sciatica and even though I was in a great deal of pain I couldn't stop cleaning. Today I still don't feel quite right and every muscle screams in protest as I move.”

Anonymous June 3, 2009

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “It's very important to read the side effects of all the medicines that your Doctor prescribes to you. Sometimes the side effects are a bigger problem then the original problem you were trying to treat. This was true in my case with Furosemide where the blurred vision, loud ringing in the ears and a bright red flaky face rash was unbearable. But that's not to say that everyone will suffer side effects.”

Anonymous February 15, 2009

For Heart Failure: “This medication works very quickly and effectively. I take Lasix/furosemide at night and I have to get up two to three times a night to release all of the fluid which I retain durring the day. By morning I have lost between 4 to 5 lbs of fluid in my body.”

blueskys1975 December 22, 2008

For Edema: “I have been retaining fluid really bad in my legs and hands. I tried a mild water pill but it didn't work very well. My doctor prescribed Furosemide 40mg along with a potassium pill. It has been working really well. I need to do a blood test in 3 weeks to make sure everything is okay.”

Brians Mom November 26, 2008

For Hypercalcemia: “Furosemide acts quickly and consistently. My only input is that you would do well to watch your potassium intake since this medication dumps electrolytes at the loop of henle, in the kidneys. Eat your bananas, oranges and potatoes. ALWAYS let your doctor know you take it. My son was given an antibiotic, that also lowered potassium, and the allergist kept insisting that the baby did NOT take Lasix, that was for old people. I had to show him the bottle for him to believe that I had not mixed up medication names. Anyway, my son had to have a potassium supplement due to the medicine regime. This could have been dangerous for my son, hence my warning.”

big gal October 9, 2008

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “Have only used Lasix a few days and have already noticed a big difference.”

Anonymous June 16, 2008

For Edema: “I use this mediciation to treat psuedotumor. I was taking the medication twice daily but had to go to 3 times a day because it was keeping the fluid down as much as I needed it too. It does not make me need to use the restroom all that much.”

dreamkeeper0863 March 30, 2008

For Edema: “This medication really does what it is suppose to for me!!! I have edema,(some times really bad) and it works great, but make sure that you can have full access to the restroom. It usually takes about 20 mins to work.”