User Reviews for Flonase

Learn more about Flonase.

Flonase Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 430 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Flonase to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"I took it for a little over a week. I thought it may need a week for it to set in. It didn't stop my allergies at all, in fact, it worsened shortly after use. I had light nausea and heavy migraines shortly after taking it every day. I stopped taking it cause it was ineffective and due to the side effects. I've had allergies for almost a year. I'm going to try something else (Alavert). Claritin, Allegra, Flonase, Equate, Zyrtec, Benadryl, and Nasonex have all failed me so far."

Sarafare April 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have experienced outdoor/seasonal allergies all my life in fluctuating intensities. Sometimes I can can go without meds and then suddenly I'm so sneezy, itchy, watery, runny, and congested that I can hardly function. It's like a never-ending flu! So, I bought Flonase, fully aware that the relief wouldn't be instant. It took a day or 2 (literally) and I immediately had absolutely no congestion. I admit that I still sneeze and get a slight runny nose now and then but it was bearable compared to a Flonase-less reaction to pollen. The main con that I have a problem with is that I've been using Flonase for over a month and I have experienced absolutely no relief for my dry itchy (sometimes watery) eyes! Pros, my other symptoms are gone"

Potata J March 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started using Flonase last year and it worked pretty well for me. After using it for a while I'd get nose bleeds and stop using it for a few days and start back. This year is different and seems to have little effect. I do not get 24 hours of relief. I'm lucky if I get 8."

Shebee60 March 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This has changed my life. I had really bad allergies and would get sinus infections at least once every 2 months and everytime I was on a plane. I discovered flonase while on a trip and was at the end of my rope having antibiotics constantly and I tried the flonase as a last resort for some relief. It wasn't instant but the change was amazing. Since taking flonase i haven't had a infection since and have travelled extensively without any issue. I have recommended to a friend who has horrible allergies and it has helped her almost completely ease her symptoms and even stopped her snoring. Might not be for everyone but with regular use it has worked wonders for me"

Anonymous January 29, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Flonase SUCKS. The first two days I used it, I thought it was the greatest thing ever invented because my horrible allergies finally seemed to clear up. I forgot to take it one day and woke up in the middle of the night with a stopped up nose, so I took Flonase again as soon as I woke up. It was VERY ineffective that time. I got horrible headaches, insanely itchy eyes, a sore throat, and my mouth and lips were constantly dry. It has been a week since I've vowed to never use Flonase again, and I STILL have the WORST smell in my nose and mouth from that stupid allergy "reliever". If you're wondering if you should hop in your car, make the trip out, and purchase Flonase, I will let you know right now that, that is the biggest mistake."

Maddison_12345678 December 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is good stuff. I can breath!"

Jon d (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used this product for 15 years. This product still relieves my Rhinitis symptoms."

Miss All Year Allergies November 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have developed allergies (pollen?) in the last 2 years. Go figure, I'm in my 50s. My eyes get itchy and red and watery, and I scratch my eyelids and eyes so much. This irritates them and the eyelid gets raw. I finally tried Flonase from a doctor. I got jittery and anxious. After a few day, the roof of my mouth got raw and sore and painful. I did not rinse my mouth every time after use. Maybe I should have. It was destroying my skin on roof of mouth. I will never use Flonase again, I threw it away,"

Rainbow444333 November 4, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was mildly effective for post-nasal drip. But will not take it again. CAUSES WEIGHT-GAIN!!!"

MaryInOrange (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Used it for a few months, once every morning. Works great to stop the allergies throughout the day, I've definitely not had the debilitating problems that come through now and again as if I caught a cold, and this definitely stops that from happening. But the piercing headaches are bad after a few minutes, so I have to take ibuprofen to get through it. Then, I am OK through the day, mostly, I can function. But after a while, a couple months, my whole body started to feel numb. Can't feel my back, arms, legs, hands, feet, shoulders, and numb in a way that I am not able to perform athletically. If I get hurt, twist a wrist or pull a muscle I can feel those kinds of things, but for coordination, I felt detached, weak, awful, angry, annoyed."

Numbs, yes, but whole body too (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Every time I use Flonase it enhances my symptoms to a greater and almost debilitating level. My eyes become red, inflamed, and watery. My nose runs more. My throat becomes red and sore. I am not sure if I am allergic to an ingredient in the spray or not, but it does not provide any relief. Only makes the ones I have multiply."

Chelleymack (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Made my symptoms worse - so much for 24 hour relief."

Bambi1211 April 8, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a stuffy nose for 2 wks, tried afrin & over the counter meds and nothing worked. I used to take rx flonase about 10 yrs ago every allergy season so I figured it couldnt hurt to try. It took about 3 days and now my nose is almost completely cleared up. Before taking this I had sinus pain/pressure, a horrible smell when I blew my nose, constant runny nose, watery eyes. Most times I couldnt even blow anything out it was so clogged. Flonase works."

CherylM16 March 3, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"As a life long seasonal allergy sufferer, I search for something that won't put me to sleep won't cause side effects with other medications I can afford For most of my life I've taken plain old Sudafed with an aspirin from mid February, when the early bulbs start to bloom until after Thanksgiving when pollen finally is gone. Last year my daughter, who has similar symptoms, tried Flonase with great success. For me, the "Hottest Year Ever-2015" was also my worse ever year with allergies, I have all the symptoms from watery eyes, runny nose, coughing, sneezing etc etc etc. I've been using it for 4 days, starting with 2 times a day then once a day and my symptoms seem to be going away!"

PlantCrone (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The product may work beautify, but I will never know as the smell is one of my allergies and I can not overcome my instinctive avoidance long enough to get the desired relief"

year round allergy suffer (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Since childhood I've had intense seasonal allergies. They get so bad that my throat itches terribly, my nose runs profusely then it clogs up completely. Worst of all is how bad my eyes get red and tear up and itch and hurt all the time. It's a nightmare allergy wise living in south Texas because of the cedar pollen. I did some research and saw that Flonase is a type of cortical steroid so I bought some. Kenalog40 shots have always been my savior but since I lost my insurance I'm stuck with OTC. Tried Flonase as per the instructions. Within days every allergy symptom but my itchy red and runny eyes went away. I waited two weeks but no relief for my eyes. After doubling the dosage my eyes cleared up and now I'm allergy free. Flonase rocks!"

JeffroDoe (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Flonase works as advertised. It especially stops the itching which is wonderful. The trouble is that it is not ergonomic. The container is too long. I am a female so I have small hands which makes it very hard to hold. It needs to be an inch shorter."

Sagebrush (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been using for about 2 weeks now and can finally breathe through my nose again. I have not been able to breathe properly on one side for several months. Within 2-3 days I was breathing clearly again. Great medicine!! No side effects at all."

Eddie62369 (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 68 yr old woman and I used this medication for almost 2 weeks. I will never take this medication again. It relieved my seasonal allergies great (runny/stuffy nose and extremely watery eyes) but the side effects were not pleasant and absolutely not worth going through. I experienced; very bad muscular back pain close to my spine, had muscle aches that were all over the place, my hair and body became very very oily, and I had itching on my torso, face and back of head but no rash. The back pain was next to unbearable. All the symptoms have pretty much subsided after 4 days off of it. Never again for me."

lattydah October 27, 2015

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Wasted my money did nothing for me"

Dean Horst (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Flonase has not been effective at reducing my nasal congestion. At 1/8 the cost, Oxymetazoline hydrochloride has been a great deal more effective for me."

Tezoc (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When bottle gets low product too thick to empty completely. I'd love this product if GSK makes a better dispenser."

invntr (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Flonase works so good! I've been on it for about a week now, and I'm noticing fast improvements. Around the 4th day, my sinus headaches were slim to none, my watery right eye stopped, and I didn't sneeze 10 times a day. No side effects. I am still a little stuffed up.....but that's what sinus tea is for! Thank you Flonase!"

Amanda523 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"A regular user of Alavert, I thought I'd give Flonase's "six factors" a try, being a fan of being thorough. Unlike my former med, the floral-scented spray took a week to even begin taking an effect, which was minimal at best. At the first sign of a pollen explosion, my allergies went rampant, as though I hadn't just spent the last two weeks cramming spray up my nostrils. I'm praying for rain today for relief. And I'm going back to Alavert. Sorry Flonase."

SneezyInMd (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible joint pain after 4 days. "

Matt E March 23, 2015