User Reviews for Fidaxomicin to treat Clostridioides difficile Infection

Also known as: Dificid

Fidaxomicin has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Clostridioides difficile Infection. 69% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Fidaxomicin Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Clostridioides difficile Infection.

Reviews for Fidaxomicin

Gertie 3 April 22, 2012

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “I have been on the medicine for 6 days with 4 more to go, but I am already 99 percent better. I just hope the next test is negative, because NO WAY can I pay for another round of it. I have had no side effects, but I had been ill long enough that I am still pretty weak but improving EVERY-DAY! Thanks to DIFICID 200 mg 2 x a day!”

Mel October 29, 2021

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “Been suffering a long time found out I have c diff I took vansomycin then I started having problems again called the doctor got retested and I still had c diff now I'm on dificid. I'm on day 8 and after the second pill of the day I have had lots of side effects gas, burping, severe headache ,severe stomach pain, severe nausea, just feeling completely ill. My stomach is hurting so bad that's what made me write this review I can't wait till it's over and I hope that I get rid of it.”

Need help! · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2021

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “I am on my second run with Cdiff! I took Vancomycin the first time for 10 days and it never really cleared my infection up. I have spent 8 times in the ER trying to find out what is wrong with me! The ER tried to give me Vancomycin the second time but I called my gastro doctor and she prescribed Dificid 200mg 2 x a day along with 2 Florasters per day. I am on my third day of the Dificid and have seen some improvement with my bowel movements as I only go now about twice a day and its not diarrhea but its mushy, but I have terrible stomach pain and cramps and gas. I am having a hard time eating anything which I had gotten my appetite back before starting the medicine. I wish I could be one that said I feel like myself again but I am not that one. I hope by day ten of Dificid I will be able to say that.”

Jojo · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2021

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “Had c diff for over six months. So angry bc the pharmacy didn’t tell me to take a probiotic when I was prescribed an antibiotic. The medical field needs to do better on educating people on the dangers antibiotics can have on the body. Anyways, I was diagnosed in September with c diff, took flagyl, thought I was fine relapsed 4 days later, I was then prescribed Vanco, had horrible side effects, nothing really seemed to be getting better while on it. Then I relapsed 2 weeks after that. Saw my GI doctor, had to live with c diff for 2 weeks without meds bc my primary wouldn’t treat me. Thankfully he knew what to do, He prescribed me dificid and told me to to take probiotics with it. Took it for 10 days, it’s been 3 weeks, feeling so much better, my stomach gurgle is gone, the horrible has pains are gone. The anxiety of it returning is still haunting me but I’m hopeful! I’ve stayed on probiotics and plan to continue for another couple months. I Never want to go through this again!”

Teresa -Elmira, NY Area · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2015

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “My mother in law had cdiff for 10 months. Flagyl and vancomycin were given repeatedly with cdiff returning after a day or two. I found difficid after doing some research on line. Took the doctors 2 months to agree to prescribe it. She took the difficid for 10 days and has been clear of cdiff for a month and has been able to resume her chemo treatments.”

aj63 · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2020

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “I contracted c-diff from taking clyndamycin for a dental procedure. I had a round of flagyl that did not have an effect on it. After researching, I asked my doctor to prescribe Dificid. She had never prescribed it before but was willing for me to try it. I took it along with Florastor, a specific probiotic effective with c-diff. After 10 days, on the Dificid, everything got back to normal. I did quit taking the probiotic when I finished the Dificid. I highly recommend it!”

JMc April 28, 2020

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “I was diagnosed with C diff two weeks after ongoing symptoms. I’m an RN and know about the awful side effects of Flagyl and thankfully my insurance covered the Dificid. I usually have every side effect of medications, but I haven’t experienced any unwanted side effects from Dificid. I’ve been taking it for 4 days and after 3 days I was back to my energetic happy self. HIGHLY recommend this medication.”

NanciT · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2015

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “I took this for 10 days for CDIFF, had a relapse. Then I went on a long taper dose for nearly 3 months. During that time I had alot of abdominal pain, ended up in the ER. Did not feel well the entire time but after 10 months of CDIFF, I was cured”

Kellie75 · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2016

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “This medication is just making everything worse: Stomache, severe abdominal pain like I never felt before it's horrible, I can't eat or drink, vision lost and the list goes on and on. I am on day 7 and I am in the hospital because of these symptoms!!”

Garygirl · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “5th time with cdiff! I demanded Dificid. Took 10 days worth. Yes bad stomach pains and was still having mushy stool. I am about 37 days from starting it. Today first formed but soft stool. Had to use miralax last night. Told I have IBS on 3rd cdif do I take bentyl. Will see. Watch what you eat. Still feel worn out.”

SBH · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2019

“Broke out in red rash all over after taking just 1 pill - I am allergic to apparently . Vomited and had dry heaves for hours. Scary med. Awful to have C Diff - frightening. Price is worth it, if you can take. I think it is a very dangerous medication especially for older people. Maybe all.”

jake8 · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2020

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “On my second round of Dificid twice a day for 10 days and I'm about 4 days in now and have seen no change at all. You would think a medication costing over $4,200.00 would be a wonder drug...So far I don't see it”

fabric swirl · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2012

Dificid (fidaxomicin): “Developed a severe stomachache six days after starting so stopped taking pending call to my doctor. Feels like a severe cramp.”

j2041030 December 31, 2015

“I had C.diff. I am allegic to vancomycin and can't take metronidazole because of a medication I take so my doctor prescribed Diffen for C diff and it cured my C diff in a few days,”

Learn more about Clostridioides difficile Infection