User Reviews for Allegra

Urticaria 8.7
Allergic Rhinitis 6.3

Reviews for Allegra

Dani · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I'm a 20 year old female. I started taking allegra because other allergy meds were too strong for me or didn't work, and I wanted to avoid lactose. :b well... I've been taking allegra 60mg for like three weeks for my food/seasonal/pet allergies and these past couple of days my stomach is a mess!!! I feel like pure trash and I'm having major panic attacks out of nowhere. Dehydration, dry mouth, chapped and painful lips, this weird scalp rash, and just feeling generally unwell. I might just switch back to Zyrtec because I'm out of options.”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Not the first time I've used Allegra. It works, but if you smoke it might not work as well. Smoking gives me more allergy symptoms, so Allegra is just not enough usually. Combined with Otrivine (as prescribes by my doctor) it does the trick though. Never had any side effects, so there is that.”

Pawar · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was suffering from allergic sinusitis.My one of nostril was blocked.After taking Allegra 120 once a day *7 days my nostril was cleared.”

Regret.... · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 2, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It took me 5 years to realize Allegra was making my life a living nightmare. I have bad allergies and take it year-round. Prior to starting Allegra I had never experienced anxiety. Overnight I started having panic attacks. My ears starting ringing all the time and I started getting this tingling/numbing in my left arm. I also started waking up with swollen hands, feet and face. I saw many doctors for these symptoms, I was in my mid 20's. Nobody could figure it out. I recently had been talking to a new allergist about all the issues and realized the correlation between days I take the med and waking up swollen so I Googled the side effects. I was horrified to see the reviews!! One lady even wrote an entire article about the tingling issue. I stopped the medication immediately and am starting to feel like my old self again. I'm angry that I've been dealing with this for so long and could've stopped it had I known.....”

Snob April 8, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I’ve taken Allegra for seasonal allergies and urticaria. There were 4 separate occasions where I used it and each time, unfortunately, made no difference for me. This was my attempted try and I took it about 6 hours ago, still no relief. I won’t be using Allegra again.”

Daashee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

For Urticaria: “This is really a question than a comment. The question is for "Trac" who was going to post the results of his treatment, it was a while ago May 5, 2018. I am interested to know how and if it was treated. Thanks!”

Alexa · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “So, my body has a very high natural histamine level, which means that I will break out in hives with feet and hand swelling almost every day. There’s no cause, my histamine levels tend to just be high. A long time ago, my sister used to use this medicine for the same condition. Therefore, when I started breaking out, my mom recommended this to me. As soon as I started taking it, it was truly a miracle. It works so quickly and efficiently to relieve my hives and remove the swelling to allow me to be able to walk on my feet properly. I have zero side effects. It’s just a medicine that does its job, no drowsiness, no nausea. I accidentally double-dosed once and not a single problem happened. It’s an incredible medicine. I’m thankful for Allegra/fexofenadine.”

CL August 29, 2019

For Urticaria: “I have chronic idiopathic urticaria, may have autoimmune component. It started 4 months ago after multiple days off bites by oak mites and maybe a spider or two. I'm on 3 x 180 mg Allegra and 300 mg zantac in the morning plus 3 x 10 mg Zyrtec and 300 mg zantac at night. Plus miscellaneous Benadryl here and there. Hives went away for few weeks and now they are back. Can't afford Xolair. Not sure what's next. This is craziness. Might have to research "Vitamin D deficiency in chronic idiopathic urticaria"”

DrKailas · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2019

For Urticaria: “Good for urticaria”

Jc · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have taken Allegra the past few years during ragweed season which I am allergic to. I take it at night so do not have drowsiness during the day. I find it effective but have one major problem which is a side effect that has caused me to stop taking it - joint pain and weakness especially in my ankles. It became unbearable. As soon as I stopped taking it , it went away. I noticed the correlation last year but thought it was a coincidence. Now I know it's not. Pharmacists and Dr's please pay attention this very real and perhaps more common than thought side effect.”

Red August 10, 2019

For Urticaria: “My sister in law whom is a M.D, recommended me Allegra daily for my urticaria. I was hesitant at first for the fact that I didn't want to begin my day taking pills. I guess I was waiting for my hives to clear on their own which till this day I still struggle. Allegra, is my savior I take 1 every morning to relieve my itchiness and welts, they help me very much.”

Martika · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “The worst allergy medicine ever! I’ve taken Benadryl in the past, and it works, however I didn’t want to be drowsy, so I thought I try Allegra. Nothing ever happened, very dissatisfied!”

Sm · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2019

For Urticaria: “I have eczema which cause awful flare ups on my hands and caused my skin to get dark . All the topical steroids I applied did not help heal the skin neither did it change the color. However with one allegra a day my skin instantly looked and felt better. Also, it always cures any respiratory allergies as well. I truly recommend this medicine.”

bash-terminal · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

For Urticaria: “I started getting daily urticaria in October 2018. At first, I just hoped it would go away, and I refused to take antihistamines, but after a month of itching and rashes, I started taking Allegra. The Allegra worked well; my rashes and itching were significantly reduced. However, Allegra is only effective for me at daily doses of 180 mg or higher. I tried the 60 mg doses; they helped but there was still itching and random rashes. With my doctor's approval, I eventually doubled the dose of Allegra to 360 mg daily. This dose is very effective for me. For me, side effects are non existent with Allegra. I have tried other antihistamines, but Allegra and Loratadine are the only ones that aren't noticeably sedating. Cetirizine is supposed to be non-sedating, but that isn't the case. If anyones has chronic urticaria, I recommend first trying the 180 mg dose of Allegra. If this isn't enough, talk to your doctor to see if it is okay to take the 180 mg dose twice daily.”

ItchyDrippyNose · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I normally use Claritin but ran out. I took 1 Allegra 12 hour and it was completely worthless like I took nothing. I had to wait and suffer for 12 hours until I could buy some new Claritin and that worked.”

Sonny July 20, 2018

For Urticaria: “Been battling Uticaria for 5 years and taking Certizine, Hydroxyzine and Zantac. Constant itching. Don't know why. Never completely goes away unless I take prednisone which I normally don't use, but I will take for about a week to get some relief from the constant itching. I try, not very successfully, to not to scratch the itchy hives which I hate with a passion. Because of the favorable remarks about Allegra I'm going to use this medication. I've also been treated with Light therapy which has worked quite well in temporarily clearing up my skin.”

Trac May 5, 2018

For Urticaria: “Guys, it works great for a temporary relief of the hives for sure. Don’t ever settle for idiopathic if you get them often though. I have been going through this for years myself, constant break outs, suppressing symptoms, now I’m done doing that. I’m getting to the root of the problem, and the answer is going to integrative functional medicine. This issue seems to be more gut related and it’s gonna cost me a fortune, but they have the proper tests to run to find out what’s going on instead of pushing a million pills on you. Let me tell you, my issue and probably a lot of you have auto immune related things going on. Don’t ever let someone tell you that auto immune means your body is attacking itself, I can promise you it’s not. It’s your body trying to heal itself, that’s what our bodies are made to do in crisis. I will update once I get my tests done.”

Akash V b January 10, 2018

For Urticaria: “It's a great medicine for the hives I get Daily, other medicine were good but non drowsy allegra is the best solution. Now my worry is how can I get rid of the hives permanently coz if I don't take a pill a day then the hives start appearing back immediately. Any solutions?. My life is now dependent on this medicine. Can anyone please tell me the side effects of this medicine coz am taking it on daily basis.”

Down sim drums · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Don’t buy the worthless medicine at all it doesn’t work. I wasn’t having a good day, all day I couldn’t breathe and it was bugging me. So I bought Allegra. And I could tell you, it didn’t work at all. It was like I never even took medicine. It didn’t help or nothing I couldn’t breathe all night and it was frustrating. Don’t buy!”

Rakhi dewan · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 11, 2017

For Urticaria: “I am 47 years old and I have been suffering from urticaria since 2014. After lots of treatment now I am taking allegra 180mg twice a day...but only when I take allegra my itching reduces (does not completely vanish) but when I didn't take it again erupts. Is there no permanent treatment to it? How long one can take medicine..”

Muneeb-India · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2017

For Urticaria: “From past 1 yr I'm having chronic urticaria. If my diet is clean no hives occurs, it's due to food that I eat. After months of steroids and h1 & H2 antihistamines I have recovered almost 70% now from past 3 days I didn't took any medicine, as I ate some oily food n chicken outside my hives have increased so now I'm taking Allegra 120 mg (half)tablet after reading all the above comments. Next review will be soon”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Medication worked well...however I could not open the bottle. I had to use plyers and a screwdriver to open the lid. I would recommend an easier to open bottle.”

nurse23456 · Taken for 10 years or more March 25, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I take allergy preparations year round, Claritin in fall and winter, and Allegra spring and summer. Both claim to be effective immediately, (within hours) however, my experience is that it takes a week for them to work, so, for a week in spring, and a week in the fall, I take both, otherwise I am miserable with runny nose itchy eyes, sore throat, etc. Both claim to be non drowsy, but for me this is not the case, so I take them at night. I give allegra a middle of the road 5 as a rating, because it's better than nothing!”

Nurse12345 March 9, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Allegra gel tabs make me drowsy were as Regular Allegra does not make me drowsy”

mindofabull February 7, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was prescribed Allegra after years of using Sudafed over the counter believing that my sinuses were the problem. My GP and I finally managed to figure out that the problem was allergic rhinitis. I take 180mg on a daily basis and since I've been taking I don't suffer with too much blockage and congestion however I have gained weight since taking this daily. I am doing a trial run of going without Allegra and also Cerazette to see whether bloating goes down. It's brilliant for my allergies without a doubt, the pro's outweigh the cons however I cannot continue gaining weight. Within 6 months of taking these alongside Cerazette daily I have gained 1st. I am trying to find a new alternative although this has worked brilliantly.”