User Reviews for Allegra-D 24 Hour

Allergic Rhinitis
6.4

Reviews for Allegra-D 24 Hour

Emco1977 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 10, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I do not have allergies all year, but just seasonal allergies. When I have flare ups, I have tried everything from Zyrtec, Claritin, Sudaphed, Flonase, Benadryl and the only think that has given me instant relief without knocking me completely out has been Allegra D. It covers my allergies and sinus drainage all at once and I love that it is just a once a day pill. Worth the money by far.”

SG February 8, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I started taking Allegra D when I moved to North Carolina where pollen is abundant. I began getting headaches that felt like migraines. I went to several sinus and allergy experts even a neurologist. I had several C-scans and X-rays but no doctor could find the problem. Recently, one sinus doctor did. It was an inflammation of the tissue lining in the sinuses. She told me to stop using Allegra D and gave me a prescription for a liquid steroid to mix with saline solution twice a day in a special plastic squeeze bottle with a curved nozzle. It has been a lifesaver. I will never take Allegra D again! Inflammation of the sinus tissue is mentioned as a rare side effect for Allegra D but it should be stressed more.”

Just me · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 18, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I had a bad experience with mould in my camper 2 years ago. Every morning it would take 2 hours to clear my chest with coughing and hard to breathe. I suffered it for 2 years, even when I’m not camping. Then this year I tried Allegra 24 hour and my relief is almost instant and lasts all day. I have no side effects.”

Stephanie. May 13, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medication is NOT recommended! I have severe allergies to the spring weather, and since nothing else was working for me i decided to try this. At first it was like magic my allergies went away no itchy eyes, no sore throat i felt great! the side effects really hurt me though. it was about two days after taking the medication that I suffered a 24 hour migraine along with flu like symptoms, high fever, rashes, dizziness, confusion, racing heart, chills, anxiety, nausea, dry mouth, sleep problems, loss of appetite, and ringing in my ears. IT has been the worst two days of my life thanks to this medication”

Happy camper! · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Allegra D has is like a magic pill! This April-May I’ve been suffering horribly from severe allergies and also caught bad viral cold twice!! Also Im terribly allergic to dogs and during that time, my husband also decided to adopt a dog from SPCA. I was literally in bed those two months, taking daily cold and allergy meds (switching b/w regular Allegra/Claritin/Zyrtec) but still has constant sneezing/ itchy eyes/post nasal drip/coughing/congestion, with not even a minute of relief. I decided to take Allegra D for the first time and it’s given me my life back. I’ve been so incredibly grateful for this because it’s worked so beautifully for me. I have zero symptoms of allergies (especially to dog!) and zero symptoms of the medicines side effects. I’ve been taking it daily for 2 weeks. Allegra D doesn’t work for everyone but give it a try b/c it’s saved me and I’m just sooo grateful to be able to function normally now (and saved my rescue dog from being returned!)”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I've tried other allergy medications but Allegra-D is the only one that works. I used to get constant post nasal drip and have to clear my throat all the time. On this medication I feel amazing. It does however cause insomnia and bad dry mouth. It also makes it so I don't get a full erection. So do I feel better and not have sex or what?”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Do NOT take this medicine. It should be illegal. I took it for 3 days, and all 3 days I felt nauseous, dizzy, unmotivated, and depressed. Worst part is I haven’t slept more than 2-3 hours a night. This medication will disrupt your life. I usually take Zyrtec D but decided to try Allegra out - my allergies have gotten exponentially worse on it. I have had severe sinus pressure, a cough, and headaches in addition to all the other symptoms.”

arniearns January 20, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I only needed to take ONE of these pills to cure my clogged nose. Within hours I could breathe again and I haven’t had a stuffy nose since. Usually I have clogged noses for a week when I catch a cold. I’m so happy I found this.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I tried Allegra D 24 as my pharmacy was out of Claritin D. The 1st few days this really didn't do anything for my sinuses, by day 7 I was suffering from such intense side effects that I could not work, and wound up with an emergency appointment with any Doctor that would see me at my doctors office. My side effects from the Allergra D was anxiety to the 10th power (never had anxiety before), chest tightness, felt like my throat was closing, could not breathe, terrible cough, dry mouth it has been a horrible few days while waiting for this medication to leave my system. I was even give Xanax to help relieve my anxiety, which if you have taken it is no picnic either. I have been taking Claritin D for years and never experienced anything like this.”

rainealvarrez August 18, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Yes, this medication works to eliminate symptoms of allergies, however I had a big issue with - what I'm assuming is - a side effect of the medication. When I took the medication my personality immediately changed; I actually became less talkative and happy and it severely affected my life to the point where I randomly started crying during school. I'm assuming that the medication put me in a depression-esque state (I've never had depression before so I can't say for sure) but it altered my personality in ways my personality has never changed for the three days I took it and people noticed. It was honestly terrifying. Be wary of the side effects when taking this medication.”

SherA July 10, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Allergra D, is the best medicine for my allergies and I've taken just about every over the counter medicine. I have terrible hay fever and I'm allergic to almost all grasses, trees, pollen in my region (Midwest- Illinois). My allergist suggested that I move to Arizona. Unlike Allegra D 12-hour, I'm having trouble with side effects: insomnia, nausea, heart burn, cramping. The stomach-related effects are beginning to taper off, but the insomnia isn't.”

Chelsea · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine works great for allergies. However, day five into taking it, I’m experiencing MAJOR depression/personality changes. I don’t feel like myself at all, and there’s nothing else in my life that would contribute to this. My personality feels extremely subdued, I’m withdrawn, don’t care about anything or anyone, and negative self-talk has significantly increased...this is not who I am! I’ll be stopping this medication tomorrow.”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2019

“I'll never take this again. I took this twice. Decrease in allergies but I would rather deal with allergies than the horrible side effects. This drug made me an emotional wreck both times, extreme insomnia, and have vivid dark, self harming thoughts, even though I am a very happy person. Also was very nauseous. I can't believe this stuff is available over the counter.”

KK57 · Taken for 10 years or more December 21, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I love this. If I don't take it, I ALWAYS end up with a sinus infection and a trip to the Dr. When I do take it, I don't sleep as well, but I'm not tired in between. My major issue is that I am always constipated when I take Allegra-D and my periods are excruciatingly painful. ”

Anonymous October 5, 2011

“This medicine is like magic. I had constant post-nasal drip and congestion before I took this medicine. It was so bad I had trouble sleeping because I couldn't breathe through my nose. I also used to get sore throats frequently due to the post-nasal drip. On Allegra those symptoms are gone. I can actually breathe like a human and sleep better. The only side effect is dry mouth but that just makes me drink more water which is a good thing. I am glad this is available over the counter now, but I hate how you only get 10 at a time. ”

Pita · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medication works great for allergies. My mom takes it and she loves it. However, as soon as I take it, I start feeling all those crazy side effects. Dizziness, nausea, pain everywhere, headaches, crying spells, etc. I personally won’t ever take it again because it is definitely NOT for me but it is for people like my mom. So I don’t know. Maybe it just depends on your body because everyone is different ”

synthkon · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It works pretty good. My only two negatives are that the nasal decongestant in this doesn't work as well. I have to supplement occasionally with Afrin nose spray. I would be incredibly miserable without Allegra.”

Anonymous November 16, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This is the only thing that helps me with my allergies. I get symptoms every year in November. It helps with the nasal dripping, and open up my sinuses only bad thing is.. mouth stay dry all the time. I recommend this to anyone”

MUA · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I've just started experiencing allergies one year ago and only during the winter. I've owned my own business for the last 15 years and a new particular product that I use on my clients triggers my allergies. (There is no other product option for me to use). When winter hit again this year and the symptoms started again. I've tried EVERYTHING Allegra D is the absolute only thing that works! However, I have severe dry mouth, bad post nasal drip, and constant coughing. I use a over the counter mucus release medicine which WORKS! At the end of my work day it's terribly hard to breath so I'm going to try Afin with the Allegra D.”

Anonymous October 29, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I tried some samples my doctor had supplied for allergy symptoms. It has helped my allergy symptoms and also seems to be an appetite suppressant. I had no adverse side effects. I got a prescription and wow is it expensive! My insurance plan wouldn't pay for i.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Completely ineffective and actually made things worse. My allergies were really bad this year so a pharmacist recommended I try this. After three days it's left me with incredible pressure in my sinuses and ears affecting my balance, and had no effect on my runny nose. I'm stuck suffering another 24 hours until I can take something else. Will never use this again.”

M.Ser · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “When everything else failed I tried this for the first time many years ago and it worked. If I stop it and the only bad thing that ever happened was I noticed I had some cold sweats at night other than that I give it a 8. I'm going to take it 3 years after that time I had stop let's see if it works again like you did the first time”

Claudia · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “ My sinus pain was so bad I had pain in the teeth, molars, maxillary bone, these varied pains every day, I could not even speak”

Anonymous March 10, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Efficient for allergies, but bad side effects. I experienced many of them: ringing in my ears, insomnia, unusual behavior, anxiety, unable to concentrate, itchy skin, and a couple more.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It has helped take the edge off of my allergies, but the dry mouth it causes is horrible. I need water constantly or my mouth and throat get so dry its actually becomes difficult to breath. ”

Anonymous April 15, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis: “The antihistamine effects aren't as strong as immediate release diphenhydramine (Benadryl), but it still works pretty well and the continuous release is a nice thing to have.”

Kandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I only take this in my extreme cases where my congestion gets so bad I can't breathe; I never take this daily. Within an hour I feel better. It does do a bit of insomnia, but thats usual for me”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This is the only medicine that works for my allergies. I get horrible allergies, so miserable I can't breath. This medication helps me a lot but I have trouble to sleep. ”