User Reviews for Fentanyl

Also known as: Abstral, Actiq, Duragesic, Fentanyl Transdermal System, Fentora, Ionsys, Lazanda, Onsolis, Sublimaze, Subsys

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Fentanyl.

Fentanyl Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 334 medications used in the treatment of Anesthesia.

Reviews for Fentanyl to treat Anesthesia

"Having had multiple surgeries at a young age I was used to ether I asked the anesthesiologist what he was using and he said fentynol I had a line in between my small finger and the next and when he put the chemical in it started burning and told him to wait it blew up like a little balloon on my hand balloon on my hand and I told him what whoa whoa whoa whoa it hurts and within 10 seconds I was out hand was swollen after surgery like a balloon and they replace the line for a bag later and it blew up like Popeye it achieved its purpose but the last thing I felt was Major!!!!!! Pain and burn from that shot !!!!"

Diane...pain from fentynol (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

"One time use. Was given IV Fentanyl and Versed together for a colonoscopy. I woke shortly after the procedure and never experienced discomfort. I walked out and was driven home an hour later. I was feeling normal the next day."

Marty Colon June 22, 2017

"Was administered fentanyl during endoscopy and stopped breathing once during procedure and once in recovery. Still woozy two days after having had fentanyl; also perspire after any mild exertion. The drug seems to not agree with me at all; better to go through the rages after Demerol."

yenaika (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

Sublimaze (fentanyl): "Not once but twice woke up during 2 separate procedures for colonoscopies, with doctors trying to force air out. Drug is way too mild."

yapp June 3, 2015

"The patches wore out usually in 24 hours or less. I would go into withdrawal symptoms prior to the next patch. I had very bad thoughts, pain, shakes and severe breathing problems which seemed to be a side effect. Not a good experience, I am trying to go cold turkey to get off it. I felt way better on 3-4 Vicodin than 75 mg release fentanyl."

IRONMAN55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2014

"I have had this medicine when I have had colonoscopies and endoscopies. Also when I had two total knee replacements. It is awesome and causes me absolutely no problem. Keeps a person comfortable and I have had no addictive reactions to it."

Anonymous February 12, 2012