User Reviews for Exenatide

Diabetes, Type 2
7.1

Summary of Exenatide reviews 7.1 306 reviews

Reviews for Exenatide

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "To Brownie... I have taken Bydureon for 3 months and had some symptoms like yours. I also had a dull ache upper right abdomen under ribs. Mine also is not gallbladder, liver, or pancreas. I felt sick, nauseated, had periodic vomiting, no energy, nodules at injection sites, itching, cellulitis, burping, bloating and in general have to force myself to do things. I stopped taking Bydureon 2 weeks ago, and am starting to feel better. I still have the nausea and bloating. When I started I was told side effects decrease after 2 weeks, but I felt worse the longer I took it. It did decrease my readings, from the 300’s to the 150’s...still not that great but better. I read it can take up to 10 weeks to be completely out of your system."

Minnesotasue (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Yes, this drug does lower your A1C and did work well. I have been on it for a year and I have had aches and joint pain, no energy, no will to do anything which is not like me. I get up and I can't get started doing anything for 2 hours. Six months ago, I developed burning sensation under ribs and the Drs don't know what is causing it. Not gallbladder, no other problems. Did not take injection for l week, no lethargy, no burning, energy back and all around feel better. Back to my old self and actually got some work done around the house. Now I am upset because I don't want to feel this way any more although it does control my blood sugar. Does anyone else have these symptoms?"

Brownie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Not working, sugars still out of range."

rick (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

Byetta (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I tried Metformin and that did NOT work for me! I tried it 6 different times. Same awful side affects each time! So, my doctor put me on Byetta. I've been on it for a month plus. I've been SO exhausted since I've started Byetta! I feel grouchy as heck and just weird! After reading that it may cause thyroid cancer and pancreatic cancer, I stopped!! It also gave me weird palpitations!! It has taken 3 days of being off of it but I feel MUCH better!! My energy is returning and I don't feel loopy and weird!! I will just stick with taking Chromium and Berberine ( under my docs care). Those controlled my blood sugar just fine. They're expensive but zero side affects. I only had to pay $25 out of pocket for this. It's a $730 drug YIKES!"

bestmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking Bydureon BCise in February 2018, 7 months in and nothing short of miraculous and has changed my life in so many positive ways. A1C at the start was 8.0 after my first blood test it dropped to 5.9 and I've lost approx. 43 lbs. I take Metformin 500 mg twice a day, my fasting sugar varies, from low 80s-115. On two occasions I experienced lows at 70, and 80, it was a new experience for me but a chocolate candy bar and good to go. I like others have read scary reviews about side effects so apprehensive at first but after my 3rd month I noticed nothing bad and began to get comfortable with the injection part, I've found taking the pen out of the refrigerator 30 min prior to injection helps with mixing and comfort when injecting, and it works best if you inject into fatty tissue in your lower abdomen, and alternate weekly. Also it is my courage as I've changed my lifestyle to healthy eating, as the medication will punish you if you make a bad choice trust me on this one !"

magee July 29, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My husband has been taking Bydureon for two and a half years. His sugars are down, but he experienced nausea, headaches and loss of appetite at the beginning. He has lost some weight also without doing any extra exercise. He still has a general feeling of not knowing what he wants to eat - he complains that food has no taste. He used to eat cereal for breakfast, but now sometimes only eats 1 meal a day, and makes up for it with noodles e.t.c. Will his diet ever get back to normal?"

Minnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Three weeks of taking injections and I woke up this morning to tender left breast and swollen nipple. Hurts to touch. I am not going to take anymore injections. I will just live with high sugars."

Smiley (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was prescribed bydureon injections, after the 1st injection, I couldn't eat, I kept vomiting, running with diarrhea and had a massive headache. Each week the symptoms got worse. By the 4th week I was in the hospital in a coma due to a reaction. Now 7 months later I had to have a thyroid biopsy because a nodule has formed. Thyroid cancer being bydureon injections major side effect."

Hate bydureon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just took my 8th dose of Bydureon. I experience no real pain during injection even though the needle is quite large. I used a bag of frozen peas to numb the site prior to injection. Then I keep a bandaid on the site to keep medication from leaking out. I was on Toujeo insulin 52 units but as of last weeks have been able to stop taking it. I slowly did this. I do suffer with nausea consistently, low energy, and lethargic. I also have no appetite. As of the last two weeks my blood glucose numbers have been good. I am taking the good with the bad."

Bigmouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Medicine is very good, however, the cost is very high for anyone who has insurance and is on a fixed income"

srv (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took my first injection on Friday night along with 500 mg Metformin and jardiance 25 mg in the morning. On Friday night and Saturday I had severe cramps in my legs and hands. I couldn’t leave home. Sunday I vomited after drinking a smoothie and nauseated after having my dinner. I soaked in epsom salt and hydrated with alkaline water. The cramps got better, but still nauseated. Sipping on Peppermint tea. Hope the nausea goes away or I won’t be taking this again. I really want it to work for me as I could benefit from the improved cholesterol and heart health as well as reduced a1c. #praying"

Determined (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been on bydureon since January 2018, I’ve lost 35 pounds in 4 months! I’m happy this medication has lowered my A1c from 13.6 To 6. I don’t like needles, but to get me health under control I’m with this medication for the long all. So far doing good!"

Ms. Dimples (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on byduregon for 22 months. The needle does hurt sometimes and bleeds but I now take pen out of refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before shot I also put ice on the injection area before and after shot. Make sure meds are mixed well and shoot right away. My A1C went from 8.7 to 5.8 and I've lost 27 lbs. I have put weight back on. I have changed to Byduregon BcIse two weeks ago easier to mix no bleeding. Only problem is that because it is so new it is 3 times more in price. But to me after almost 2 years of pain to get a1c down it was worth it. Now I buy 1 months at a time not 3 months. BYDURGEON BcIse much much easier to use and mix."

whome (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just had one dose of Bydureon after 2 weeks of Trulicity and insurance not wanting to pay for it. The needle instructions are simple enough but I'm in Nursing school. I didn't want to inject myself so my husband did it. The Trulicity pen was much cooler (automated). I have lost 12 pounds in a month. No exercise added. No side effects really Decrease in appetite slightly. I take it along with Metformin. Fasting sugars are always under 200 now. My a1c was 10.9 so I am excited to see the improvements. I feel so much better compared to March."

R (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on this for 8 weeks, at the 8th shot all hell broke loose. I passed out and don't know why. Sugar and blood pressure were ok. Could not eat much, bad acid, no energy, dizzy a lot, bad dehydration. Been off it for 3 weeks and feel somewhat better. Dr. Now in process of checking my heart. It did lower sugar but at too great a cost. Not worth it."

Hipshot (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "controls blood glucose numbers but horrible side effects. I cannot eat solid food, constant severe stomach pain, no sleep, very weak . Lucky to get 750 calories a day. I stopped taking after 5 weeks. I'm hoping symptoms subside. I can control blood glucose with other meds."

manda (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm 21 years old, and have type 2 diabetes since the start of 2018... Which is not a nice pill to swallow. I knew I was a little over weight, and was working on it - apparently my family's severe history of Type 2 made it almost inescapable. Since my diagnosis, I have been on Bydureon... And I couldn't be happier. Yeah, it hurts a little to stab yourself once a week, and the itching and lumps under the skin are uncomfortable but at least I'm not on thousands more medications! I see a lot of comments about people not liking because of these small, and deal-able side effects. Bydureon keeps me alive, keeps me healthy and it is virtually stress free."

Benno2.0 April 27, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I start taking this medicine 3 weeks ago the first week. I had diarrhea and a small lump. The second week, I had diarrhea and the lump was larger and I had diarrhea. The third week the lump was larger and I had diarrhea. Two days after the injection I had hives and itching. There was no difference between this drug and Victoza with my blood sugars. The convenience of taking this medication once a week is very good but not everything is for everybody. My doctor took me off this medication."

JD (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My husband has been on bydureon for 8 weeks. He was due for his 9th injection on Sunday last week but fell really ill about 24 hours after his 8th injection. Its now been 8 days since he feel ill with nausea, burping, heartburn and constipation with the occasional vomiting. How long until he will start to fill some normality his now had 6 days of work and all he does is sleep. HELP"

Camo April 25, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just one week in. Weight up 200kg, BSL same at 11.1. No side effects at all. No problem with pen or injecting, slight sting only. Have read posts and will concentrate on low carb diet and see how this goes. Previously tried Byetta twice daily but had to cease after one month due to side effects. Looking forward to next couple of weeks. Dr said after six weeks should notice a difference. So I guess the people who had significant decreases in the first week or two were lucky."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Second injection and both times the biggest issue has been the size of the needle and the pain it causes. Not sure of the effectiveness yet."

Puma Gal (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The injections are very painful. The needle is NOT tiny that is why they hide it. For a week after injection it is very painful in that area of the injection site. I only had a bump once. I just took my third dose and will wait to see my A1C but my sugar came down from 300 to 200. Will see"

RC (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I did everything right over the last nine years after diagnosis of type 2. I lost weight, exercised daily, watched carbs and started Metformin. Over the years, it became harder to keep my blood glucose down. I just took my third weekly dose of Bydureon and already my daily sugar and A1c is down significantly. Bydureon is going to save my flying career."

CaptainD (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I used to use Byetta 4 yrs ago but stopped. It had controlled my diabetes well but stomach look like a pincushion. I am now once a week Bydureon,( second week}..but it has not been effective at controlling my blood sugars. It has no effect on my blood sugars at this time I hope it works betters after 3 or 4 times of use"

rrgs (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Added Bydureon to my usual metformin dose in June 2017. Had six months of persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and increasing sensation of liver fullness/discomfort. (It looks like I'm one of the group, described by the package insert, who develop significant adverse effects.) At the injection sites, developed firm nodules that each took 2-3 months to resolve and became itchier the longer I was on the medication. I lost about 10 lb and had great readouts on A1c, but couldn't bear to take Bydureon beyond December 2017. In my view, not a success therapeutically."

NancyL (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018