User Reviews for Exenatide

Also known as: Bydureon, Byetta

Learn more about Exenatide.

Diabetes, Type 2 241 reviews 140 medications

7.4
Summary of Exenatide reviews 241 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Exenatide

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On the package, it clearly states, that of the view of the medication does not like it shows in the booklet, then discard it. So far in 6 weeks, I have had to throw 2 pens away. A very expensive procedure for me. Is there a method to recover the lost money or replace the defective pens?"

FurdFarkle May 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Byetta (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This drug put me in hospital with pancreatitis - twice, I felt like I was dying. I talked my doctor into prescribing it, wish it would have worked, it was good for weight loss ."

bobbybell May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been taking bydureon for about 4 months. I don't follow any diets. I take the shot once a week and for 3 days I can't stand food. I've lost 45 lbs so far and although its awesome that the pounds are coming off the side effects I don't care for. I'm not a fan of needles and I have awful pains in my stomach aside from that my blood sugar readings are average in the 85 to 110 range. My A1C is 7.0 from 8.5"

Nancy in Florida May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on bydureon for 4 months now. I have so far with low carb diet and exercise I have lost 44 lbs. I encourage if you are on this meds take advantage of it even if you are on it for diabetes still follow a low carb diet and exercise for 30 minutes a day. You won't believe how the weight comes off."

Lorrie44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I used bydureon seven weeks before I stopped because of the lumps at each injection site. My doctor said they would go away. It's been three weeks since I stopped and I still have all seven lumps. This is ridiculous. No shot should leave lumps like that."

Lumpy7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on bydureon for 15 months. Recently, I started experiencing nausea and vomiting after my weekly injections so I am going to be switching to trulicity. I really did well on bydureon in the past. I lost 30 to 35 lbs total and my A1Cs went down to 6-7. I've had tons of knots but they usually go away in a couple months. I'm hoping there will be less bleeding with the trulicity since it has a smaller needle and none of the mixing hassle. The only reason I don't give bydureon a 10 rating is because of the mixing, knots and bleeding."

LizMason April 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started Bydureon last night for the first time. I put lidocaine cream on my stomach where I was going to inject. After a few false starts, I injected quickly and had to check to see if needle was actually in. I felt nothing when it went in. Medicine did burn a little when it went it and burned afterwards for several minutes. Nothing that was too bad. I did rub the area after it went in to try to prevent the knots. I also put on sea bands about an hour before the shot, planning to wear them for 48 hours. Some GI issues, but not sure if related to shot or not. Overall, not a bad experience so far, knock wood."

Antoniobandana (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm on my 3rd weekly dose. Today I went through the usual procedure of mixing the 2mg pen, following the " clear " instructions ... No Pun intended !! I never did get the dosage to mix. There was a Jell like Blob visible through the glass. It looked like a Alien from another planet. I tried for 30 minutes to get it to mix with no luck. Eventually I threw the pen away... It's fine for those in the Ivory Towers, telling me to discard the pen.. They obviously they are a lot richer than I am. Throwing that pen away, cost me BIG MONEY.... How about a replacement pen for my trouble ??? LOT: HK0463"

Bootneck58 April 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Bydureon Pen for 7 weeks now A1C dropped from 7.8 to 6.3 and I lost 7 lbs . I've had no side effects so far and my appetite is cut in half. I eat pretty good meals, I don't get to exercise like I would like to because I have knee problems. I am definitely satisfied with Bydureon, after been on Actos and metforming for years. I hope it continues to work this well for me."

Nikittana April 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just started Bydureon a few days ago. The needle was intimidating and while I did not get any lumps (so far) at the injection sight on my thigh, I bled a lot and bruised. Within an hour of my injection, I experienced heart palpitations, dizziness and extreme lethargy. Then, the extreme vomiting started. I vomited every 2 hours for 12 hours straight, it was terrible. The next day, I was just a little nauseous but okay. Now, I experience queasiness and loss of appetite. I am nervous to take my next injection due to the extreme vomiting. I am hoping the results are worth it."

Northwest Jen March 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am now on bydureon for nine weeks now. So far I lost 30 and a half pounds. I am eating right and exercising with the injection. I have some nausea the first 2 days after injection but not real bad. Also at injection site I was getting lumps but took someone's advice on here to apply ice for 15 minutes after injection and it works. I am very grateful to have this meds."

Lorrie44 March 28, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Byetta (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Numbness on the leg after injection from the knee cap to nearly the groin and around the side of the leg"

Jude waite March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was worried about side effects after reading the reviews online, but happy to report that my side effects were very minimal. I actually really liked what bydureon did for my blood sugars and my weight loss. It also curbed my appetite without giving me really really bad heartburn. Unfortunately that's where the good news ends for me. I have a few doses left but I just can't take the pain. It is a significantly wider needle than Tanzeum that I was on before (can't afford it anymore), and the actual injection hurts a lot. I find that I have to inject a little at a time. Not to mention that prepping the injection is a pain in the @$$. As soon as they figure out a better different delivery system I wouldn't hesitate to get back on Bydureon."

frostedfreckles March 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started on the weekly injection after oral hypoglycaemic tablets stopped controlling my Blood Sugar Level (BSL). The effect was pretty much instant. Within two weeks my BSL had normalised and I had lost weight. I am still on track and have lost 6 kegs in 3 months. Some tips from me: Take the injection out of the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to mixing and injecting it mixes better and doesn't hurt to inject. Take an anti-nausea to medication 30 minutes prior to the injection and take the injection at night before you go to bed. Eat small regular food 6 times a day with high fat (fat has no glycaemic index) moderate protein(90gm /day) and low carb (<100gms day). All this has helped me feel and look good, lose weight and have normal BSL."

HaydeeC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "So far I am very pleased with my results from taking Bydureon for some 4 months. I have lost 8 kgs and my Hba1C has gone from 8.9 to 7. I have lumps but they do gradually go after a period of time, have had some bruising also. My main concern is the nausea which I still experience spasmodically and absolute lack of appetite. Certain foods I only have to look at and it is a real turn off. But I will put up with all the above as I have finally lost some weight by eating minute amounts 6 times a day and my Blood Sugars are the lowest they have been for approximately 3 years and it is so rewarding to hear friends say "you have lost weight, you look great""

Denny from Australia (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Update... I have been on bydureon for 6 weeks now my weight loss is 23 lbs. I exercise on a regular basis and follow a low carb diet. I have to say I am very pleased with my progress."

Lorrie44 March 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes 4 years ago, and had several different brands of tablet medication but had side effects in one form or another. Nothing seemed to control my sugar levels. The last 2 years I had been on metformin 500mg tablets morning and night, with 30 mg of diamicron. My sugar spiralled up to between 13 & 21 and a burning when urinating. Saw my GP and was given treatment for infection but was to no avail. Doctor saw my various tablet combinations I have had over the years, and recommended me trying Bydureon 2mg weekly injection and it has absolutely changed my life. Been taking for 4 months now, no burning urinating, my sugar now stable, 5.2 & 7.1, lost 20kg, more energy, no side affects at all. To me it's a WONDER drug"

DB ADEL March 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Within 2 weeks saw blood glucose more than half to good levels I've not seen for years (literally) no major side effects - felt sick twice within a day or two of first dose but apart from that all ok. Injecting in fatty tissue of stomach hardly any pain. Very well designed device and needle almost painless. I would recommend this for T2s who have gone to max on oral meds and need that extra help, this really is the magic bullet for me. I can handle weekly injections but not daily that's too much imho."

Johng1960s March 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking bydureon for the 7 weeks. At first I was very hesitatant to use a needle for self injection. I've gotten over the fear and now this is what I can say. On weight lost I have dropped some 13lbs over the 7 weeks. It has really curbed my desire to eat food. I'm still waiting for the medicine to start to work and see lower blood sugar ratings. I have one more 4 pack to go and then off to check A1C. Side effects; the bumps have shown up and I have two of them. I'm hoping they go away as estimated in the next month or so. I seem to burp a lot and I don't know if anyone experienced this but for the first couple of weeks I had very little energy in the evening. So I'll update when I get my results in 5 weeks."

Bellgang (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was prescribed this to take in addition to my Metformin to help get my high Insulin levels under control and to assist with weight loss( in conjunction with intermittent fasting and a mediterranean low carb diet) Since September 2016 I have lost 35 lbs with no additional exercise. I take the Bydureon on a Sunday night and then due to the decreased appetite I fast on Mondays until dinner and then skip breakfast all other days and just eat 2 meals a day which consists of a low carb mediterranean diet. The bydureon has a slight burning sensation during injection but after that no symptoms at all. I use an ice pack on the injection sight for 15mins post injection to prevent knots/lumps and this has worked well for me. Blood tests show improvements"

Nyxx17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on bydureon because I dont produce enough insulin. I took my fifth injection just on Monday and with diet and exercize I have so far lost 17 lbs. I am very happy I have this to aid in my weight loss. oh and so far no side effects."

Lorrie44 February 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This med worked well for the first 6 weeks. I had lost about 20 lbs and liked that part. The next 4 or 5 shots didn't seem like it did anything. The lumps remained though. After about a month off the drug the lumps started to go away and the sulfur burps, stomach cramps, constipation, nausea and intermittent diarrhea took over. I was sick about 2 months as the lumps slowly dissolved. It took another 3 months before I felt normal again. I think the med didn't dissolve like it should have. Then it all released at once and made me sick. Also the needle was HUGE and a pain to get ready. I switched to Trulicity lately and am having good results."

Casadejoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After becoming allergic to Metformin for my type 2 diabetes, I began taking the Bydureon 2mg shot once weekly. I've been on it for 10 months now & must say it has changed my life. My A1C is now 5 ... *claps* My side effects have been: knots at the injection site and sulfur burps ... *ack* But overall I'm thrilled with Bydureon."

Darby Rose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on bydureon for 3 injections. I was put on it to aid with weight loss cause my body doesn't produce enough insulin. I'm so happy no side effects so far, I lost 8lbs in 2 weeks and 4 days. I'm also excersizing with the injections and eating right. I'm happy I have something to help the weight loss."

Herqween (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "on insulin and bydueron 2 mg been on it 8 months been ok but last month severe vomiting diarrhea. I don't eat for 2-4 days at all now smell of food gives me projectile vomiting. I stopped today"

raj chabra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2017