User Reviews for Exenatide systemic

Diabetes, Type 2
7.1

Summary of Exenatide reviews 7.1 319 reviews

Reviews for Exenatide

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Bydureon for about 5 years! I went through many of the side effects others have posted but they were temporary, I lost weight but I have slipped up with my diet and have gained it back. I am lucky I have insurance that covers almost the entire price, but with a card from the drug maker I get 3 months for free. I have had positive results but they would be much better if I didn't cheat so much. I have had several injections that bled like crazy after I injected it. I now look very closely and try not to hit a vein. A plus for me, it hurts far less if I inject it into a stretch mark. The skin is thinner. I don't like that when you shake it some does come out of the needle and some leaks out after injections. But I guess that it gives me what I need. The injection device is long and hard to put in a small lunch bag cooler. I once was on vacation and had my device fail only happened 3x, but It was user error. Astrazeneca has a wonderful customer service dept."

Ooteem (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This pen is terrible. I can't believe any testing was done on it."

Tex (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My last comments were at the end of July, 2018 and I wanted to follow up. It is now the end of Oct. and all is going well with my use of Bydureon Bcise. I have become comfortable with the injections and use a alcohol patch to sanitize my injection site prior to injection. I've noticed no injection site side effects. However my A1C is steady at 5.9, along with diet and exercise I've continued to loose weight now over 70lbs. My cholesterol went from over 200 to 91, needless to say my Drs and I are happy. That said I am more in tune with my stomach during meals, I can tell three bites in if the food agrees with the bydureon as my stomach will spasm to an uncomfortable level. So not all doses but very doable, I wish you all good luck and the success that I have had using this medication."

Magee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been taking this about 3 months. I’ve had some mild side effects but nothing unmanageable - a bit of itching (I chose to do inner thigh) , mild constipation - mild diarrhea- my a1c was 10 - I started checking blood sugar twice daily and it’s dropped from a high of 230 to an average of 111. I’ll get another a1c next month and hoping it confirms significant improvement. Also on metformin and farxiga - have had type 2 about 10 yrs - I let my diet get out of control and my a1c skyrocket. Now on this medication and cut out most bad carbs - it’s made a huge difference and I feel so much better. I’ve lost about 12 lbs without trying. In terms of cost, got manufacturers coupon so it is free —- good luck - I’m sticking with it"

Kelster2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have type 2 diabetes and began taking bydureon BCise for nearly 12 weeks now. Before I was injecting Novolin 3 times a day with Levemir at night. I am now only taking metformin and Januvia along with the Bydureon BCise in the last 4 months I have gone from 240lbs to 190lbs in conjunction with a diabetic diet and exercise. I have not experienced any of the many side effects listed except for the hard lumps that result at the injection site but they go away after a few weeks. I do experience some lethargy but exercising daily helps to maintain acceptable energy levels. It is very expensive; upwards of $850 for a 4 week supply/4 pens. However, with insurance, I only pay the co-pay of $30. I am very pleased with this product"

jlinferno9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been using Byetta and then Bydureon since 2009. I was always happy with the results. I started using the Bydureon BCise version about a month ago. I don't like the delivery system at all. Several times I have experienced welts on my skin from the needle. I really think that the new pen does a less effective job of injecting the drug. My various daily blood glucose readings are higher by an average of 10 to 20 points. I plan to give BCise another few weeks. If my overall experience does not improve I will either go back to the older version of Bydureon or use another drug."

Old Dude (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I hate this pen. Half of the solution leaks out. It makes me bleed a lot. The mechanism pushes back so it's like having to fight with it to do its job. I'm so tired of it. I can't wait to run out to get something different."

Ren (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Bydureon for about two years. In the first few months I noticed a significant weight reduction, but with annoying flatulence and regurgitation. Over the next few years, my weight barely changed. Blood sugar has gone down, but not yet satisfactory. In some injections, when a vein is injured, it bleeds so bad that I fear that the drug is partially flushed out again. Now, in recent months, I am getting skin lesions of various kinds and I am getting significant listlessness. My doctor had discontinued the drug for four months and the lack of drive disappeared and I was back to my normal self. Since I inject Bydureon again, the listlessness also reappeared."

Basti (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This is an effective medication in controlling my blood sugar. I have missed a routine dose by four days before and had an a.m. blood sugar in the low 80’s. However it is not user friendly. I am a RN and have done both ER and home health nursing. I have taken care of many patients for who would never be able to handle the medication prep nor the less than straight forward injection. Also of note, at several of my injection sites, I have developed hard knots that have yet to be absorbed. I would not advise that this medication be prescribed for frail or the elderly, the visually impaired, those who have difficulty with fine motor movements or people who have some short term memory problems. Last but certainly not the least this medication is ridiculously expensive and it most likely will not be covered by your insurance. Cost of this medication for me was almost $300.00 a month."

Soupy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Bydureon 15 weeks ago with an A1C of 9. Today it is 6.1. The beginning side effects were mild and tolerable, the injections are not painful, at all. Those are the positive things. Unfortunately this past week I have had extreme headaches, lethargy, abdominal pain and nausea/vomiting. All of lab tests are perfectly normal, my doctor wants me to continue the medication. My pharmacist wants me to stop. I cannot directly correlate how I feel with the medication, but I have no other logical explanation. If anyone has any information or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone!!"

DM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for : "Started bydureon six weeks ago. I do not have sugar problems nor have I ever. This drug was prescribed to me as a appetite suppressant and to assist with weight lost. Started bydureon weighing 205lb, six weeks later I currently weigh in at 186lb. There are side effects such as nausea, diarrhea and hard lumps at injection site, however the benefits outweigh those side effects."

MC242 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

Byetta (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was put on Byetta about two years ago, it had helped lower my blood sugar as well as my A1C level, not to mention it's helped me lose a lot of weight."

Sea bug (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My husband took his 7th injection of Bydureon in early June 2018 within 24 hours he became very ill. Extreme nausea and vomiting dizziness excessive heartburn and burping, he also passed out without warning. It is now mid September and every 2-3 weeks all those side effects are still there just like flipping on a light switch. He will feel fine and then all the sudden without warning he can't function the sickness is beyond extreme, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON HOW LONG THESE SIDE EFFECTS CAN LAST?"

Worried (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been bloated, with constipation, nausea and eating issues for the 4 weeks I have been on the drug. I am stopping and looking for another alternative. No comment on effectiveness."

Type 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "To Brownie... I have taken Bydureon for 3 months and had some symptoms like yours. I also had a dull ache upper right abdomen under ribs. Mine also is not gallbladder, liver, or pancreas. I felt sick, nauseated, had periodic vomiting, no energy, nodules at injection sites, itching, cellulitis, burping, bloating and in general have to force myself to do things. I stopped taking Bydureon 2 weeks ago, and am starting to feel better. I still have the nausea and bloating. When I started I was told side effects decrease after 2 weeks, but I felt worse the longer I took it. It did decrease my readings, from the 300’s to the 150’s...still not that great but better. I read it can take up to 10 weeks to be completely out of your system."

Minnesotasue (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Yes, this drug does lower your A1C and did work well. I have been on it for a year and I have had aches and joint pain, no energy, no will to do anything which is not like me. I get up and I can't get started doing anything for 2 hours. Six months ago, I developed burning sensation under ribs and the Drs don't know what is causing it. Not gallbladder, no other problems. Did not take injection for l week, no lethargy, no burning, energy back and all around feel better. Back to my old self and actually got some work done around the house. Now I am upset because I don't want to feel this way any more although it does control my blood sugar. Does anyone else have these symptoms?"

Brownie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Not working, sugars still out of range."

rick (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

Byetta (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I tried Metformin and that did NOT work for me! I tried it 6 different times. Same awful side affects each time! So, my doctor put me on Byetta. I've been on it for a month plus. I've been SO exhausted since I've started Byetta! I feel grouchy as heck and just weird! After reading that it may cause thyroid cancer and pancreatic cancer, I stopped!! It also gave me weird palpitations!! It has taken 3 days of being off of it but I feel MUCH better!! My energy is returning and I don't feel loopy and weird!! I will just stick with taking Chromium and Berberine ( under my docs care). Those controlled my blood sugar just fine. They're expensive but zero side affects. I only had to pay $25 out of pocket for this. It's a $730 drug YIKES!"

bestmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking Bydureon BCise in February 2018, 7 months in and nothing short of miraculous and has changed my life in so many positive ways. A1C at the start was 8.0 after my first blood test it dropped to 5.9 and I've lost approx. 43 lbs. I take Metformin 500 mg twice a day, my fasting sugar varies, from low 80s-115. On two occasions I experienced lows at 70, and 80, it was a new experience for me but a chocolate candy bar and good to go. I like others have read scary reviews about side effects so apprehensive at first but after my 3rd month I noticed nothing bad and began to get comfortable with the injection part, I've found taking the pen out of the refrigerator 30 min prior to injection helps with mixing and comfort when injecting, and it works best if you inject into fatty tissue in your lower abdomen, and alternate weekly. Also it is my courage as I've changed my lifestyle to healthy eating, as the medication will punish you if you make a bad choice trust me on this one !"

magee July 29, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My husband has been taking Bydureon for two and a half years. His sugars are down, but he experienced nausea, headaches and loss of appetite at the beginning. He has lost some weight also without doing any extra exercise. He still has a general feeling of not knowing what he wants to eat - he complains that food has no taste. He used to eat cereal for breakfast, but now sometimes only eats 1 meal a day, and makes up for it with noodles e.t.c. Will his diet ever get back to normal?"

Minnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Three weeks of taking injections and I woke up this morning to tender left breast and swollen nipple. Hurts to touch. I am not going to take anymore injections. I will just live with high sugars."

Smiley (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was prescribed bydureon injections, after the 1st injection, I couldn't eat, I kept vomiting, running with diarrhea and had a massive headache. Each week the symptoms got worse. By the 4th week I was in the hospital in a coma due to a reaction. Now 7 months later I had to have a thyroid biopsy because a nodule has formed. Thyroid cancer being bydureon injections major side effect."

Hate bydureon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just took my 8th dose of Bydureon. I experience no real pain during injection even though the needle is quite large. I used a bag of frozen peas to numb the site prior to injection. Then I keep a bandaid on the site to keep medication from leaking out. I was on Toujeo insulin 52 units but as of last weeks have been able to stop taking it. I slowly did this. I do suffer with nausea consistently, low energy, and lethargic. I also have no appetite. As of the last two weeks my blood glucose numbers have been good. I am taking the good with the bad."

Bigmouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

Bydureon (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Medicine is very good, however, the cost is very high for anyone who has insurance and is on a fixed income"

srv (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

Bydureon BCise (exenatide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took my first injection on Friday night along with 500 mg Metformin and jardiance 25 mg in the morning. On Friday night and Saturday I had severe cramps in my legs and hands. I couldn’t leave home. Sunday I vomited after drinking a smoothie and nauseated after having my dinner. I soaked in epsom salt and hydrated with alkaline water. The cramps got better, but still nauseated. Sipping on Peppermint tea. Hope the nausea goes away or I won’t be taking this again. I really want it to work for me as I could benefit from the improved cholesterol and heart health as well as reduced a1c. #praying"

Determined (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018