User Reviews for Elinest

Elinest has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 25% of those users who reviewed Elinest reported a positive effect, while 63% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control   4.3
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding  Off-label 2.0
Summary of Elinest reviews 4.0 8 reviews

Carly · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “Do not recommend this birth control Elinest it made severely depressed to the point I had to receive help. I also had hot flashes, spotting, migraines, mood swings, acne, water retention and nausea. I was only on it for 4 months, but that was enough time for me to completely lose myself. I hope this helps someone else going through the same roller coaster”

Fargo · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I used to take Cryselle and loved it. Always knew when my period was coming, super light periods for 4 days. I was without insurance for awhile so had to stop. Now I’m back on it but the generic brand. OMG horrible!!!! My first period was so heavy that I had to use super tampons every 2 hours. Since then (2 months now), I have had break through bleeding every single day. Sometimes it’s more heavy bleeding but it’s usually just when I wipe. I also pass small clots and bloody tissue. It’s been absolutely horrible. I’m going to have to find a pharmacy that carries actual Cryselle.”

Jacs · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2020

For Birth Control: “Began taking this and for the first week I was fine, the second week brought terrible morning sickness and sometimes even vomiting. I even took it along with food, it didn't seem to help. Does not interact well with alcohol either. My anxiety worsened as well while on this, totally not worth it. Don't recommend.”

PoodleDoodle October 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on the birth control pill Elinest for 4 or so years now, it was my first birth control ever. I started my period when I was 10 years old and am now 19. The time before I started taking Elinest, I never once had a yeast infection. But since I’ve been on it for the past four years, I’ve gotten a yeast infection every couple of months and they would last for a couple of months until I took a doctor recommended prescription. Then the rounds would start over again after a month or two. I honestly think that this birth control has been contributing heavily to these infections.The best parts about this is that it has helped significantly with my flow, length of my period, and cramps. I used to not be able to move because I was in so much pain and it hasn’t hurt like that since I started 4 years ago. But having yeast infections almost all the time is not worth the benefits.”

Cece October 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve always had heavy abnormal uterine bleeding and polyps. I’m waiting for my hysteroscopy in 2 weeks. I was on the Cryselle-28 day (which reduced my bleeding) for 2 months until my local Rite Aid pharmacy switched the brand to Elinest. The first few days of taking it, I was having severe cramps with inflammation and heavy painful bleeding. By the end of the week, I was gushing out blood and clots and wearing night time maxi pads which were getting soaked every hour. I’m still heavily bleeding as I write this review and I’m so reluctant to take another pill. My pharmacy doesn’t carry Cryselle anymore so I’m stuck on what to do next.”

Horrible hormonal acne · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 7, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was on cryselle-28 for a long time until my pharmacy decided to change it to elinest. I immediately started getting horrible hormonal acne all on my jaw line , realized my birth control was switched to this generic brand and made my pharmacy switch back. Will never be on any other birth control again.”

Classy_n_sassy07 June 22, 2016

For Birth Control: “Love it, been in it for about 3 1/2 years now....lighter period , less cramping....keeps me regular....I take it every morning with no problems..”

VictoriaF February 26, 2016

For Birth Control: “I rated this a 10/10 because I was extremely happy with the side effects/results I was looking for in this pill. Although this is a birth control pill, I was taking it for personal reasons. Which being, I had heard that birth control usually made your breast larger. I don't like my natural breast size/butt size or body weight and the reason I started taking this birth control in the first place was a medical reason but I wanted to continue taking it for the breast enlargement/weight gain reason. I was taking it for a total of three months. I started noticing a change in breast size and weight gain/butt enlargement (due to weight gain) within about a month or month and a half of taking this birth control. It boosted my self confidence/esteem”