User Reviews for TriNessa Lo

Acne
4.4

Summary of TriNessa Lo reviews 4.9 44 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa Lo

For Birth Control "TriNessa Lo was the first BC I've ever taken when I was 18. For starters, it worked as far as not getting pregnant goes. I took the pills for 4 months. The first thing I noticed was the first week of taking the pills I had SEVERE migraines. But the only time I noticed migraines was the first week I would start and the last week that I stopped taking the pill. Second, I was VERY moody. I almost felt like a different person sometimes. Third, my period is usually about 2-3 days, I noticed my periods started being about 4-5 days and a heavier flow. Lastly, I gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time which was frustrating because I'm a healthy eater and active. In about a 2 month time span, I gained a little over 15 pounds. But with a little extra hard work I was able to lose about 10lbs. But then the next month that I started taking the pills again, the pounds came back. TO SUM IT UP (My experience): *Migraines *Moody *Longer Periods *Weight gain"

Nickname February 13, 2019

For Acne "This is the worst form of birth control on the market- I have been taking it for 4 months, and I've experienced all of the side effects. I initially chose this birth control to alleviate some of my acne issues, and this pill broke me out so badly, so do NOT take it. My beasts are much bigger, and they hurt so badly everyday, I've even had to sleep in bras. The pill has increased my appetite, and I still occasionally feel nauseous. During my period week, I have severe cramps and fatigue more than I had prior to taking the pill. Although, it does prevent pregnancy that's about it...I'm on my fourth pack, and have decided against taking the medicine. Beware."

Twiggy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this medication one full pack now. Early on, I had a bit of tender breasts but nothing serious. Sex drive has actually increased instead of decreased. Acne isn’t any better yet but hoping that comes later. So far, it’s prevented pregnancy as far as I know. But I don’t like how hungry I am all the time. I’ve gained 5+ lbs in over a month and I was already overweight. I do think it’s improved my mood though, so that’s a plus to me. I’ll continue it with what I’ve experienced so far. And just try to lose the weight."

Jjol (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I took this birth control for almost 2 years with really no bad side effects. I did have the worst acne for the first maybe 7 months of being on it until it finally cleared up! It was awful looking. I also gained like 10 lbs but I’m underweight anyways so I was happy about that."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first time taking birth control and I used it for 7 months, I never got pregnant while on this pill but I noticed I had the worst mood swings of my life and would freak out about everything. I was always crying while on this pill. I was hesitant to stop taking it because it was effective but ultimately came to the conclusion that my mental health was more important. Now that I’ve stopped using this pill, I’m not currently taking any new medication and have felt happier and more at ease"

Rey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I finally found a birth control without all of the side effects and they are phasing it out. This worked exactly like ortho lo but was free with my insurance not $180. I'm so so sad I'm going to have find another one the process of getting to this one was extremely hard :("

Desiree (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2018

For Acne "Are used to be on this birth-control when I was 17 for about 8 months and I had perfect skin but horrible ,horrible mood swings that I couldn’t function in daily life with. Never really had acne before going on this birth control so when I switched to two other pills I wasn’t worried about it. I switched to Lo Loestrin Fe and although it helped with mood swings, I got terrible acne. I then went on Nortrel to clear up acne and it got even worse. Finally, I went back on Trinessa Lo. My skin cleared somewhat, after 4 months. But the INSOMNIA hit me like a train. I tried over the counter sleeping pills but nothing worked. I didn’t sleep at all while being on this birth control. I couldn’t take sleeping 1 hour a night so I made a decision last night to stop taking the pill. My sister also took Tri-Nessa Lo and her first year she had the clearest skin but also had insomnia. One of the side effects of this pill is insomnia so watch out."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Let me start with saying I've taken many different pills over the years and this is by far the WORST one I've ever taken. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen and when I moved my pharmacy switched it to Trinessa Lo. I started to have terrible anxiety and panic attacks, weight gain, headaches, brain fogginess, mood swings, etc. I am prone to anxiety but have had it completely managed and under control with meds UNTIL this pill. I thought it was the stress of moving that was causing me to feel so terrible and so off, but then I googled this medicine, read the reviews and it clicked. I've never had any of the above issues with any other pill I've taken, ever. I waited 2 weeks after stopping this pill before writing a review - I am 100% back to my old self. I rated this pill 2 stars because A) I did not get pregnant in my 3 months of taking it and B) My skin was clear and my boobs got huge - but that also came with weight gain. Do yourselves a favor ladies and do not take this pill!"

Not A Fan!! October 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 6 months and it was the first birth control I’ve ever taken. I didn’t have any side effects right away but for 4 of the 6 months I was on the pill I had breakthrough bleeding. I’d get my period in the second week of pills and it’d last for a week then I’d get it again during placebo week. Not fun. My acne also go SO much worse. Before this pill I had mild acne and this pill made me breakout so bad after month 3. I went to my doctor and she finally changed me to something else."

Not for me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2018

For Acne "I am on week three of trinessa and I have had HORRIBLE acne breaks outs all over my face, my back, my neck, and my butt!! Places I’ve never had them before . Before I stop I will ask the doctor if it gets worse before it gets better, but these aren’t little pimples. I get huge thick and deep ones that seem to not pop his turn red and hurt. It’s like the cystic acne ."

Bree August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I never had such worst experience ever being on a birth control. I was throwing up, had nausea burning sensation in my stomach, my mood was yo-yoing, had headaches just didn't feel like myself. I took them for two weeks and I couldn't do it anymore. The symptoms were just getting worse instead of getting better."

Sha August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was previously on ortho tri cyclen which was amazing!! However I had to switch over to TriNessa lo and so far it hasn’t been the best. Contraceptive wise it seems to be fine but the side effects are becoming unbearable. It started on my first week where I had terrible abdominal pain and it prevented me from sleeping at night. For my mood I’m not sure if it is related to the pill but I have been more moody/emotional than usual especially to my poor boyfriend. I have a three month supply of the pill so I’m going to see if I’m able to finish up the first month. I would like to add that I’ve been on 4 different brands of birth control and this is probably the worst side effects wise so far."

Tasha July 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I am writing this review because I think it is very important to share my experience before anyone considers Trinessa lo. To give a little backstory, I am 24 years old and extremely active. I workout and eat well. I asked my doc for ortho tri cyclen but I was prescribed trinessa lo (the generic version). The first month I didn’t have any side effects. But the 2nd month and onward I was miserable. I would bleed very heavily for about 3 weeks out of the month, and the cramps were so bad I couldn’t be bothered to get up. My normal periods are only about 5 days max and a light/medium level of blood. Rarely ever would I get cramps. If I did I would just use a heating pad and cramps were gone in 10 mins. But trinessa lo caused me so much pain and discomfort. With all the negatives that came from this, there was ONE positive. This medication cleared up my acne extremely well! That’s why I rated it 2 stars. I am off if it now because I couldn’t take pain anymore."

Anonymous July 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control added severe anxiety & depression to my life. I had to stop after a few days. Will stay on non hormonal IUD."

Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "My Dr tried me on this thinking maybe this would help my periods, breakouts and mood swings. My previous bc made it all worse. I was on trinessa when I was younger, but that particular dosage was too high. I had terrible migraines and water retention. I am almost 35 and trying to find a pill that works with me. On lo, I was doing very well at first. No breakthrough bleeding, periods got a little better, no weight gain, face cleared and moods levelled out. I'm on my third pack and have frequent headaches and mid cycle spotting. Dosage might be too low. The fluctuating hormones might be causing headaches. Dosage was too high with trinessa, so need a totally different progestin combination most likely or a pill with 24 active ones. I was mostly happy with this pill otherwise. Would continue it if the dosage had not been too low. I will say it is one I will recommend, though it wasn't the best fit for me."

Cobaltbabe83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on Trinessa Lo for 6 months, everything was going well until just now, having abnormal bleeding since the start of my period going on 18 days of bleeding. Not sure if I should continue the BC, scared to try others as this one was fine for me."

AVA (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

For Birth Control "As many others have said everyone has different experiences with birth control. That being said TriNessa Lo was a horrible birth control for my body. I’ve never had bad acne, but I noticed a significant increase in the amount of acne on my cheeks and chin area. Even worse were the mood swings, I would cry at the drop of a pin and it was very negatively affecting my new marriage. I couldn’t control my emotions and would cry and get angry at my husband for absolutely nothing. Not only that I was very tired and lethargic all the time. It also made my periods very heavy and I had headaches at least 3 times a week. The only reason it gets a 3 rating is because I didn’t get pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "First of all, I would say that you should take these reviews with a grain of salt. There are so many different experiences that people have had on trinessa lo that just reading about the prescription you just picked up is basically pointless. For the most part my cramps are fine, my period is fairly light and only about 4 days long and very regular. I never had issues with breakthrough bleeding and my acne remained the same pretty much, though it was never bad to begin with. Initially I made sure to eat before taking this pill in the morning but I stopped fairly quickly and I never had issues with nausea that I would associate with this pill. My anxiety and depression can get pretty extreme, but that's an issue I have without trinessa as well, so I can't exactly blame it for that. Most importantly, I never got pregnant. I would consider myself to be the perfect user, and one could say I've put this pill to the test and its passed with flying colors every month."

Nikki May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I was taking this pill for 2 years. I honestly think I was on this pill longer than I should have. I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt and try to rule out other things. But the sex drive was ZERO. I was always upset when my husband wanted to have sex because I wasn’t in the mood. It almost ruined a new marriage. After ruling out other things in my life, I stopped taking this pill and OMG! It made a huge difference. I was a little shocked. If you lost sex drive and are on the fence about whether or not it’s the pill, it’s the pill!"

Not happy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2018

For Acne "So trinessa is my first birth control and honestly it is not that bad. I'm going to start accuctane and was told to start birth control. My advice for anyone who suffers from nausea is to take an antacid (tums) 30 min before taking the pill. I take mine before bed and the nausea is very bearable and not extreme so I was able to sleep through the night. The only thing is that I'm getting headaches and my anxiety is getting a little bad. However I'm giving my body time to adjust to the pill. So far, so good."

Katy3101 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For Acne "Trinessa Lo (generic ortho tri cyclen) helped my mild to moderate acne some but not enough. I ended up going on Accutane. While taking this, I noticed I was anxious, depressed and just not myself. I often felt moody and irritable, cried for no reason, no longer wanted to be around my boyfriend and was just angry. I stopped taking this pill and noticed a DRASTIC difference for the better. I am so much happier, less anxious, less depressed, and my relationship is back to normal. I feel like myself again. This stuff will mess with you... Only good thing was my usually painful periods were predictable and cramps were mild."

lll3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Started taking this pill and had terrible heartburn for the first week or two. Took maybe a month or so to adjust. Didn't have any problems with bleeding or acne. Periods didn't get lighter til maybe 8 months into it? As of now I feel great! Haven't gotten pregnant and I feel overall very stable. One thing that still affects me is super bad nausea if I don't eat enough before taking the pill. Other than that I've been very happy with this pill."

princessshrimp April 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I was given Trinessa Lo instead of Tri Sprintec by the pharmacy. I was told they are same pill but they absolutely are not. I’m not one to post reviews but Trinessa Lo has been the worst pill I have ever taken. I took it for 3 months to allow my body to adjust and it just couldn’t take it anymore. I experienced horrible acne, breakthrough bleeding, and horrible anxiety. I felt awful for the 3 months that I took this pill."

Egg (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Extremely bad mood swings. I’ve never experienced acne before and this medication made me breakout for weeks on my chin and cheeks. I felt bloated all the time even thought I eat very healthy and drink tons of water. I do not recommend."

Andres (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Birth Control "So I started using this for birth control in November and immediately started breaking out heavily and my periods went from 5 days to 7. The acne was so painful and awful I went to my dr and begged her to change me to something else and she said my body will adjust to he hormones and my skin will be better in no time. It’s march now and my skin is actually worse. On top of that I’m having insomnia. The acne is really intolerable. Weigh options before using this drug please."

ChrisC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018