User Reviews for TriNessa Lo

Birth Control 6 reviews 281 medications

4.5
Summary of TriNessa Lo reviews 6 reviews 4.5

Reviews for TriNessa Lo

For Birth Control "I've taken Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for 10 years. About 8 months ago my insurance switched me over to Trinessa Lo due to it being cheaper. It's supposed to be the exact same thing so I've given it time to work itself out. I'm switching back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. 15 lbs of water retention that will not go away despite constant exercise, healthy diet (no sodium or complex carbs), etc. Cystic acne, engorged and painful breasts, extreme mood swings, irritability, worsened hypoglycemia, no appetite, dead libido, HEAVY periods, horrible cramping, and headaches. I must be allergic to something in Trinessa or maybe it really isn't the same as OTC? Either way, this BC has made me consider quitting BC altogether due to the insane side effects."

TrinessaSucks August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Not a good experience so far. I feel like a depressed bump on a log and very upset stomach. I'm crying everyday I don't even feel like the same person."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this medication on a Sunday. On Monday, I got a migraine. I thought nothing of it. I took ibuprofen, it had little affect on the pain. By Tuesday, I was extremely irritable and frustrated. I started noticing that I had sharp chest pains that radiated to my right arm. I continued on the birth control, because I didn't put two and two together. On Friday morning, I told my best friend about migraines and she told me to stop taking it because the same medicine caused her blood pressure to be elevated. By midnight, my lips and nose were tingling and I still had a migraine and chest pain. I went to the ER, they did CT scans, X-rays &blood work. They couldn't find an issue, but instructed me to not take the meds anymore, as did my Dr."

AbbyLou May 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Taken trinessa lo for several months after ins switched me. No side effects other than increased appetite, but ortho tricyclen had that too. Gained 10 lbs. but not much I can do except exercise. It helps with night sweats too. Good luck."

Hope7777 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking low dose birth control pills for 4 years. Trinessa Lo isn't too bad. Pros - very light period, easy to swallow, very little weight gain <10lbs (which is very important to me) Cons - PMS seems to start earlier than previously, so emotional, hard for me to remember (even with an alarm set on my phone) In conclusion, I am going to have Mirena (IUD) put in soon. I just think it is time for me to try something else. Also, my schedule has gotten much more hectic and I am forgetting the pills more often. Overall not a bad pill."

Ceejo (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I had to switch to TriNessa Lo after my insurance wouldn't cover my Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo prescription which I had been on for over 3 years. I was scared that it would make my body all wacked out of the sorts since it was the generic brand. I have been on it for a month now and nothing has changed (knock on wood). I actually feel like it might be better than the non-generic. I have slight cramps during my period, but not bad. Acne level isn't bad either, haven't gained weight either. I think I am having a good experience because I used to be on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for the longest time. Anyways, 9/10 from me. :)"

RachealAnne (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016