User Reviews for TriNessa Lo

Birth Control
4.4

Summary of TriNessa Lo reviews 4.8 36 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa Lo

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 6 months and it was the first birth control I’ve ever taken. I didn’t have any side effects right away but for 4 of the 6 months I was on the pill I had breakthrough bleeding. I’d get my period in the second week of pills and it’d last for a week then I’d get it again during placebo week. Not fun. My acne also go SO much worse. Before this pill I had mild acne and this pill made me breakout so bad after month 3. I went to my doctor and she finally changed me to something else."

Not for me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2018

For Acne "I am on week three of trinessa and I have had HORRIBLE acne breaks outs all over my face, my back, my neck, and my butt!! Places I’ve never had them before . Before I stop I will ask the doctor if it gets worse before it gets better, but these aren’t little pimples. I get huge thick and deep ones that seem to not pop his turn red and hurt. It’s like the cystic acne ."

Bree August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I never had such worst experience ever being on a birth control. I was throwing up, had nausea burning sensation in my stomach, my mood was yo-yoing, had headaches just didn't feel like myself. I took them for two weeks and I couldn't do it anymore. The symptoms were just getting worse instead of getting better."

Sha August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was previously on ortho tri cyclen which was amazing!! However I had to switch over to TriNessa lo and so far it hasn’t been the best. Contraceptive wise it seems to be fine but the side effects are becoming unbearable. It started on my first week where I had terrible abdominal pain and it prevented me from sleeping at night. For my mood I’m not sure if it is related to the pill but I have been more moody/emotional than usual especially to my poor boyfriend. I have a three month supply of the pill so I’m going to see if I’m able to finish up the first month. I would like to add that I’ve been on 4 different brands of birth control and this is probably the worst side effects wise so far."

Tasha July 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I am writing this review because I think it is very important to share my experience before anyone considers Trinessa lo. To give a little backstory, I am 24 years old and extremely active. I workout and eat well. I asked my doc for ortho tri cyclen but I was prescribed trinessa lo (the generic version). The first month I didn’t have any side effects. But the 2nd month and onward I was miserable. I would bleed very heavily for about 3 weeks out of the month, and the cramps were so bad I couldn’t be bothered to get up. My normal periods are only about 5 days max and a light/medium level of blood. Rarely ever would I get cramps. If I did I would just use a heating pad and cramps were gone in 10 mins. But trinessa lo caused me so much pain and discomfort. With all the negatives that came from this, there was ONE positive. This medication cleared up my acne extremely well! That’s why I rated it 2 stars. I am off if it now because I couldn’t take pain anymore."

Anonymous July 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control added severe anxiety & depression to my life. I had to stop after a few days. Will stay on non hormonal IUD."

Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "My Dr tried me on this thinking maybe this would help my periods, breakouts and mood swings. My previous bc made it all worse. I was on trinessa when I was younger, but that particular dosage was too high. I had terrible migraines and water retention. I am almost 35 and trying to find a pill that works with me. On lo, I was doing very well at first. No breakthrough bleeding, periods got a little better, no weight gain, face cleared and moods levelled out. I'm on my third pack and have frequent headaches and mid cycle spotting. Dosage might be too low. The fluctuating hormones might be causing headaches. Dosage was too high with trinessa, so need a totally different progestin combination most likely or a pill with 24 active ones. I was mostly happy with this pill otherwise. Would continue it if the dosage had not been too low. I will say it is one I will recommend, though it wasn't the best fit for me."

Cobaltbabe83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on Trinessa Lo for 6 months, everything was going well until just now, having abnormal bleeding since the start of my period going on 18 days of bleeding. Not sure if I should continue the BC, scared to try others as this one was fine for me."

AVA (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

For Birth Control "As many others have said everyone has different experiences with birth control. That being said TriNessa Lo was a horrible birth control for my body. I’ve never had bad acne, but I noticed a significant increase in the amount of acne on my cheeks and chin area. Even worse were the mood swings, I would cry at the drop of a pin and it was very negatively affecting my new marriage. I couldn’t control my emotions and would cry and get angry at my husband for absolutely nothing. Not only that I was very tired and lethargic all the time. It also made my periods very heavy and I had headaches at least 3 times a week. The only reason it gets a 3 rating is because I didn’t get pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "First of all, I would say that you should take these reviews with a grain of salt. There are so many different experiences that people have had on trinessa lo that just reading about the prescription you just picked up is basically pointless. For the most part my cramps are fine, my period is fairly light and only about 4 days long and very regular. I never had issues with breakthrough bleeding and my acne remained the same pretty much, though it was never bad to begin with. Initially I made sure to eat before taking this pill in the morning but I stopped fairly quickly and I never had issues with nausea that I would associate with this pill. My anxiety and depression can get pretty extreme, but that's an issue I have without trinessa as well, so I can't exactly blame it for that. Most importantly, I never got pregnant. I would consider myself to be the perfect user, and one could say I've put this pill to the test and its passed with flying colors every month."

Nikki May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I was taking this pill for 2 years. I honestly think I was on this pill longer than I should have. I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt and try to rule out other things. But the sex drive was ZERO. I was always upset when my husband wanted to have sex because I wasn’t in the mood. It almost ruined a new marriage. After ruling out other things in my life, I stopped taking this pill and OMG! It made a huge difference. I was a little shocked. If you lost sex drive and are on the fence about whether or not it’s the pill, it’s the pill!"

Not happy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2018

For Acne "So trinessa is my first birth control and honestly it is not that bad. I'm going to start accuctane and was told to start birth control. My advice for anyone who suffers from nausea is to take an antacid (tums) 30 min before taking the pill. I take mine before bed and the nausea is very bearable and not extreme so I was able to sleep through the night. The only thing is that I'm getting headaches and my anxiety is getting a little bad. However I'm giving my body time to adjust to the pill. So far, so good."

Katy3101 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For Acne "Trinessa Lo (generic ortho tri cyclen) helped my mild to moderate acne some but not enough. I ended up going on Accutane. While taking this, I noticed I was anxious, depressed and just not myself. I often felt moody and irritable, cried for no reason, no longer wanted to be around my boyfriend and was just angry. I stopped taking this pill and noticed a DRASTIC difference for the better. I am so much happier, less anxious, less depressed, and my relationship is back to normal. I feel like myself again. This stuff will mess with you... Only good thing was my usually painful periods were predictable and cramps were mild."

lll3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Started taking this pill and had terrible heartburn for the first week or two. Took maybe a month or so to adjust. Didn't have any problems with bleeding or acne. Periods didn't get lighter til maybe 8 months into it? As of now I feel great! Haven't gotten pregnant and I feel overall very stable. One thing that still affects me is super bad nausea if I don't eat enough before taking the pill. Other than that I've been very happy with this pill."

princessshrimp April 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I was given Trinessa Lo instead of Tri Sprintec by the pharmacy. I was told they are same pill but they absolutely are not. I’m not one to post reviews but Trinessa Lo has been the worst pill I have ever taken. I took it for 3 months to allow my body to adjust and it just couldn’t take it anymore. I experienced horrible acne, breakthrough bleeding, and horrible anxiety. I felt awful for the 3 months that I took this pill."

Egg (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Extremely bad mood swings. I’ve never experienced acne before and this medication made me breakout for weeks on my chin and cheeks. I felt bloated all the time even thought I eat very healthy and drink tons of water. I do not recommend."

Andres (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Birth Control "So I started using this for birth control in November and immediately started breaking out heavily and my periods went from 5 days to 7. The acne was so painful and awful I went to my dr and begged her to change me to something else and she said my body will adjust to he hormones and my skin will be better in no time. It’s march now and my skin is actually worse. On top of that I’m having insomnia. The acne is really intolerable. Weigh options before using this drug please."

ChrisC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m a healthy 23 year old. I weigh a little under 100lbs, and I’m 4’11. I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for 5 years and loved it. My insurance decided not to pay for it anymore, so I was switched to the generic: TriNessa Lo. I was very skeptical since it’s the generic, but I thought I’d give it a try. I was only on TriNessa Lo for 3 weeks and I just made an appointment for an IUD consultation. While I was on TriNessa Lo, I had acid reflux, a crazy appetite, the worst cystic painful acne I’ve ever experienced, horrible mood swings, bloating 24/7, and I started having severe panic attacks on my last week of pills. It worked for birth control, but the side effects were not worth it. Do not take this."

iksid (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve experienced absolutely no side effects with this pill, I used to take Sprintec and it would give me tender breast and I would get extremely bloated but this pill was amazing. Other people might have different reactions as everyone’s body is different but for me, it was the best pill."

Rosyyyyy January 25, 2018

For Birth Control "Taking for birth control. Been on it for 3 1/2 months and have had constant spotting throughout (despite having normal periods prior) accompanied with cramps. I got terrible acid reflux that is constant no matter what I eat or don’t eat. And a breakout in the last month. Will be switching ASAP."

Aly14 January 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 36 year old & hadn't been on hormonal BC for 6 years before I started Trinessa Lo for BC. I've had many side effects. I had daily nausea that felt like morning sickness all day every day. I only had relief during my period. I couldn't tolerate foods that I normally consume. Also, certain scents, like air fresheners, made me feel sick. I had occasional headaches and broke out with a lot of acne. My sex drive was nonexistent. I also felt significantly depressed near the end of my cycle before my period started. I decided to stop taking it after 3 months of use. Now 2 weeks after stopping, all those side effects are gone. Bad experience for me!"

JennyB2018 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Out of the 3 pills I have taken (the others being Microgestin Fe and tri lo sprintec), Trinessa is probably the best. Microgestin caused not only constant constipation and the worst depression I've ever experienced. I switched to Trinessa and these problems lessened within the first month. Trinessa did give me some nasty forehead acne and mood swings, but these also disappeared relatively quickly. My only real complaint is that until the 5th month on it, I would spot for a week straight before my placebo week. My flow was pretty heavy, but no terrible cramps accompanied it."

M C (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking TriNessa Lo for birth control. It's only been a month but I'm not happy about it. In just a little over a month my skin has gone from perfect to horrendous. Constant breakouts and painful acne."

Booohh (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2017

For Birth Control "The time I was on Trinessa was horrible. I had major mood swings, lost a lot of weight, got really depressed and felt like a total different person. I also got migraines once a week from the start of the pill until I finally decided on changing it."

Jojo99000 November 17, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "When I got off birth control years ago (Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo), although I loved the light periods and perfect skin, I didn't like the synthetic hormones idea and swore I'd never take birth control again. Skip ahead a few years with very irregular periods and extremely painful and heavy flows and spotting lasting weeks, my OBGYN strongly encouraged trying it again. Within a day of taking Trinessa Lo the bleeding stopped. I was so hesistant from the reviews but I have not experienced ANY side effects except for low sex drive."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017