User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Learn more about Ortho Evra.

Birth Control 283 reviews 293 medications

7.5
Summary of Ortho Evra reviews 283 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Ortho Evra

For Birth Control "I've been using the patch for about 6 months now because it's more convenient, my periods are regulated which is good but the bad part is I have terrible mood swings with the patch espically the first couple days of a new one, I took a month break from it just to see if it still happened but I was fine and as soon as I started using the patch again back to my grumpy, moody self. I also experience swollen tender breasts which is absolutely not fun."

Hannah34343232 January 10, 2017

For Birth Control "My experience is mixed it was good to start with no problems but as time went on I got loads of bad side effects and when I tried to come of it I had really heavy periods for over a month then I had to go back on it again now I'm coming off for the second time it is very very painful with the cramps and sickness to the point I can't keep still for too long and it takes a while for your periods and your fertility to come back"

fozzy1996 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2017

For Birth Control "This is my second week using Evra. Boobs got bigger which is good but very tender. I never stopped bleeding since my period (spotting) and I hope it stops because I cannot have sex if I'm bleeding, it makes me very uncomfortable.Hopefully it will stop once my period comes again. I still haven't used it without condoms so who knows but I really hope it works. The patch stops being sticky around the edges but it stays on. Had few pimples which happens almost never to me. Nausea lasts for like 10 seconds but hey if it works it's nice."

yi (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on the evra patch for a little over a month. I'd have to say this is the worst birth control method. Right away I noticed I gained water weight. My boobs and stomach got a lot bigger gained the most weight. Other than the fact that I put on a few pounds. I also was very naseaused/shakey/sweating for about 3 nights of a month. I didn't enjoy that either. I'm going back on an oral birth control method once my period is over and I can't wait to have the patch out of my system"

Teneale (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

For Birth Control "So far no bleeding I don't think I've notice any more discharged. No rash yet.I have it stuck on my butt. No weight gain so far I will update later !"

Tiffany.a.v November 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using the patch for over two years because I have no other choice. only upside is ive never gotten pregnant on it. Right away I noticed side effects of gaining weight and nausea. Over time the symptoms became worse. Everyday Monday after changing the patch I become very ill. I wake up hot and disorientated. Then my body forces me to violently vomit for 4-5 hours. While this happens I experience chest pain. Difficulty breathing. Extreme exhaustion. so dizzy I can't walk. My heart feels like it almost skips beats then tries to catch up to itself. It's like having food poisoning."

Crystalrox November 7, 2016

For Birth Control "In my personal experience this was horrible. Been on it for 3 days and just took it off tonight because I can't handle it anymore. I am puking all night (10-12 times) and can't hold anything down. I am having body aches and can't stop shaking. And also a massive headache that advil won't get rid off. It works for alot of people, I guess just not for me."

16yrold (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

For Birth Control "So I have been on the patch for about a year now, I chose the patch over the pill due to convince. Turns out its kinda a pain. I had not had to many issues aside from i weight gain and it coming off before my week was up due to excess water. Periods where normal for me, always generally heavy. Unfortunately I had to stop for a month due to cost. (i know dumb) and I am now having an allergic reaction before this occurred I was wanting to switch anyways. I plan to switch to Paragaurd."

LIZZIELOUG October 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this patch for a little under two weeks now and I just took the thing off tonight due to some serious side effects I was receiving. I haven't slept for 3 nights, even on 10MG of Melletonin and my anxiety medication which normally knock me right out when I'm having a bad night. I have been completely exhausted and fatigued. Then today, I felt nauseated all day and then started chest pains on my left side that went from tolerable to severe throughout the day. I finally decided to look up the side effects of the patch on drugs.com and found everything I was feeling in the list. So I ripped that thing off, and not even an hour later I have felt 90% better. Better than I have in days. 1/10 would not try again."

sofa king mad right now October 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I sort of on the fence here. I'm 19, 114lbs. I've only had the patch on for a week and I have alreaty gotten 2 cystic acne flare ups. One on my cheek near my left nostril and an extremely painful one on my jaw line near my ear. I had an IUD in for about 8 months but it caused me problems and had to be removed. The patch I notice i am very tired and bitchy with headaches and nausea. My biggest concern is the fact that i have never had bad acne. I'd usually only get 1-2 whiteheads during my menstrual week. Now my face is really bad, red blotchy gross cyst pimples. It really crushes ones self esteem. Ive been thinking maybe i just shouldn't use it anymore."

MandyDawn October 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I used this medication 12 years ago (I am 37 now, so I was 25). In 3 wks I gained 15lbs. My calves became very swollen and crampy and my memory began to go. I was a server at a popular restaurant. I had regular customers and all of a sudden I couldn't remember their orders (they ordered the same thing every week for a year)... I'm certain it is from Ortho Evra. It took years to get those 15lbs off. It completely messed up my metabolism and my memory has never recovered... I have a 16yr old daughter who will never use the patch because of my experience."

Sheri1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

For Birth Control "My first month using the patch I experienced cramping and had my period for about 2 weeks straight. Now it has been 10 months and all is normal, my periods are much ligther than they used to be. I still have cramps the first 2 days but advil helps that. I love that it is only once a week I have to remember to replace the patch. The two things that I don't like about the patch are that it does tend to slide around like a bandaid which can be annoying and secondly I feel it has made me gain some weight (bloating). I have not tried any other birth controls. I am still on the patch mainly because it has helped so much with my periods."

suz133 October 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for about 5 years now and love it. I never had many problems with it. I didn't gain weight but I typically will get a pimple or 2 the week before my period is supposed to start. I do get a slight skin irritation where I put it on. Only a little itchy and no big deal. I wear mine on my stomach and switch sides to help irritation. I don't think it hurts that bad to take off it's like pulling off a bandaid. I have only had 1 fall off and I was swimming every day for a week when it happened. I do notice I am more emotional (and slightly bitchy) while I'm on my period but I put the new one on and I'm fine. definitely would recommend!"

Elb1257 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been on the patch for a couple months now but it is going well so far. The only downsides are that I had fairly heavy spotting for almost 3 weeks after my period but I haven't experienced any spotting since. The other downfall is that I get really lightheaded when I first put the patch on after my period. Other than that, there haven't been any noticeable changes"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Terrible. Allergic reaction so itchy had to remove. Skin looks burned."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this patch for about 2 years now and I really love it. When I fist started BC I was on pill form. I had pretty bad side effects from the pill; headaches, bad cramps on my period, my period was never consistent and I was always spotting between periods. I was also horrible at remembering to take it. I switched to the patch after enduring about 5 months of the pill. The change for me was incredible. With the patch I have had no side effects. My periods have been 100% consistent and never had spotting between. It's so easy to remember changing once a week. The only negative thing for me was the first 4-5 months of use I had some irritated skin around the patch area. That has since resolved. I personally love this patch!"

Bella99 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for about 3 months now and I love it! My periods are shorter, I haven't gained any weight either. Only thing I'm on the edge about is that my boobs are more bigger and perky which I love, but they're more sensitive and sore. But other then it's great. Mood swings aren't that bad either. :) I recommend it, ladies!"

Caicai September 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Iv had an awful year with my cycle . Last October i got the depo (the injection) was due to get my 2nd one in January. But i passed because from the end of November 2015 until April 2016 i had constant bleeding every day from 9-1 and 4-8 . It finally stopped and i went may june and july with no period it was great but then i got them back the end of July and the pain was unbearable went on for 2 weeks i rang my doc explained everything and she has put me on the patch . So far i love it this is only my 3rd week so still early days but my cycle is starting to return to normal the only side effect im having is im very low on energy but nothing a berocca or two wont cure "

PB-92 September 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for 13 years. It's been amazing. No real side effects except for slight mood change before my period is due. My periods are shorter, lighter and I always know when it's coming. No weight gain. My skin is flawless. It's rare I get a pimple and if I do it clears up quickly with no marks. I love this form of birth control and would highly recommend it."

RoxyK (taken for 10 years or more) August 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been looking for a decent birth control for years now -- and, honestly, I still am. I've tried the pill, injections, the ring, and even tried 3 times to implant an IUD. My top two worst experiences were with the IUD and the patch. I've been on the patch for two months now...and the symptoms are horrible. My hands, feet, and breasts have been swollen the whole time, and incredibly painful. I've had both diarrhea and constipation, and non-stop bloating. I took a whole week off work because of a migraine. Usually I'm very level tempered, but since I started the patch I'm pissed off at everything. I haven't been able to eat anything in days. Not to mention, it keeps falling off after a few days."

JCharb July 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on the patch for a total of 24 hours. By the end of this time I was at work trying my hardest not to pass out and get sick at the same time - took it off and felt completely fine within 20 minutes. From the research I've done, these types of symptoms usually last a few days after you apply a new one, and if I'm applying a new one once a week, that's living in agony 50% of the time! I very rarely get side effects from medication/birth control so this surprised me. You are also at a higher risk with this type of birth control as your body is absorbing a much higher dosage of estrogen compared to the pill. Needless to say, I quickly made an appointment at my doctor to get back on the pill."

kieht (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for 10 months and finally stopped. Every month my side effects would increase just a little to the point that they were unbearable. At the end I had unexplained muscle and joint pain, chronic headaches, none stop for 1 month straight at one point, and migraines 3-4 times a week. Also I had bad cramps and breakthrough bleeding. Muscle and nerve spasms that required physio and nerve blocks and developed hypertension. I am a healthy weight and live a healthy lifestyle, 30 years old and have never had a regular BP over 100/60. When I stopped the patch I had a regular running BP of approx 150/110 and was being put on beta blockers. I am still waiting for these side effects to fully correct but within a week I've improved"

anonomyous85 July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm a slim 25 year old and without hormonal birth control I have an irregular cycle sometimes going 4 months without a period with very long build ups with bloating, hormonal moods and pain on the weeks before it started. I have been using it for 7 months now and I don't think I would use any other form of birth control over this. At first I experienced some cramping into the third week of the cycle for the first 3 months. I noticed my mood is a lot more evened out over my cycle. I also experience little to none of that build up with bloating before my period starts with a now regulated period. Very convenient to use. Another point to note, which is a positive for me is that I have managed to gain some healthy weight since using it."

Chloe91 July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking the patch because I thought it would be much easier than taking a pill everyday at a certain time and it sure is. Personally I do not experience many side effects at all. When I'm on my period week I do experience more headaches but I take use the patches for 3 months straight so I only have a period every 3 months. I have recently had some issues with them staying on, I always applied them to my behind but now I've started putting them on my arm. I would recommend them, I think they are much more convenient than a lot of other forms of birth control."

SYDRR (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for a month and noticed that my nipples are always on hard and my nipples are very sore! Not sure how much longer I can deal with the tenderness"

Kelsm June 22, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Professional resources