User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Birth Control
7.5

Summary of Ortho Evra reviews 7.5 315 reviews

Reviews for Ortho Evra

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for 3 weeks now, as soon as I started using it I felt a difference. I researched about the patch before I went to get on it but I didn't know I'd have so many side effects and for so long. For 3 weeks straight I've been feeling like I'm on my period sorta, horrible constant body cramping, very irritable. Nausea and dizziness also very sore breasts. I've been sleeping so much after taking this and still feel tired, I've been sleeping about 12 hours almost everyday. I've also noticed a bit of weight gain too. And I've been having mood swings, feeling depressed and unmotivated, I've been staying in bed mostly. I've only tried the pill and the patch. I'm forgetful for taking a pill everyday that's why I changed to the patch, I don't want to try anything else but I've been thinking about the depo shot. Maybe I should just wait and see if all the side effects will go away, it doesn't really seem worth it to me."

Fay (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I was unable to use this BC because I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive. Wish I could of tried it longer than 1 week."

Mimi87 July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "It’s horrible!!! I’ve been on vacation and spent lots of time swimming, and the patch peeled off on the second day..... My period was extremely heavy after this. The patch affected my mood in a bad way. I was angry and irritated."

Oks (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2018

For Birth Control "At first I was sceptical about this, but it's actually been great. It's so easy, it sometimes feels too easy; you just put a sticker on and it's stops you getting pregnant. Before, my periods were so irregular, sometimes only having a week between them, sometimes having months. Now, they always come at exactly the same time to the hour. You can also put on an extra patch to postpone it for a week (any longer than that, I tend to get spotting, but some don't). The only side effect I had was a bit of breast tenderness, but that went away after a few months. The only downside is that it does get fluff attached to it, and it does leave some glue after you take it off, but I also put it somewhere hidden, so it doesn't really matter. Would definitely recommend this contraception."

Ant (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I've tried many forms of birth control and this works the best for me. Pros: I can remember replacing it every week much better than taking a pill at the exact same time every day. My breasts have grown a full cup size, but they're incredibly sore and dense. I sleep on my side, so this isn't a huge problem. I don't have problems with skin irritation or the patch leaving sticky residue. I rub Bio-Oil on the area after removal. I stick them on my upper thigh and do not have problems with it peeling off, even after bathing, swimming or going to an outdoor sauna/spa. I have never gotten pregnant! No nausea or weight gain (experienced both of these on oral contraceptives). Cons: It leaves a ridiculous (lack of) tan if left on somewhere visible during the summer time! My periods have become unmanageably painful. I keep my patch on for 9 weeks+ at a time then take a 4 day break."

TryingNotToGetPreggo May 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I used the patch and got an autoimmune disease called, drug induced lupus or chronic cutaneous lupus. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!!!!"

Missy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on the Evra patches for almost 15 years. The first few times I used them was a bit trial and error with regards to staying in place and sticking to my clothes. Never had any problems with weight gain. I love how I know exactly what day I will start my period, which is a round 3 days after I've removed my patch and lasts for about 3/4 days, is a light period with no cramps or pains whatsoever. They are a natural part of life. Absolutely the best thing ever invented. Will be coming off them shortly due to getting sterilized. But they've honestly been a god send!"

Daisymay (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Little to no side effects apart from sore boobs the first 1 month with very slight (more annoying than painful) cramping After the first month, it has not been a problem at all! Have had it for 5 months now."

misssilk (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I've only been on the patch for 2 days and I’m already annoyed. I've gone through 3 patches already because they’ve either creased or began to peel off which I don’t trust. Even worse the sticky from the patch stuck on to my skin and fluff clothes stuck onto it, leaving a black mark which is impossible to get off. Will definitely be trying out something else"

Navy (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on the ortho evra patch for 4 years now and I've never had any problems. I was originally put on the patch to combat hormonal mood swings, severe cramps and an irregular period. Since then, my period comes 3 days after I remove the patch and lasts till I put on my next (3-4 days). I've never had any spotting or bleeding throughout the month and my weight has never been affected. My mood is also very stable and I get virtually no cramps/aches on my period. I would highly recommend the patch to anyone."

Adaray (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible. Was on it about 8 month and almost all off my hair fall off. Do NOT use this!!!"

sunnyrrrr January 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I have PMDD and needed my hormones to be balanced. My mood was atrocious and it had almost ruined my marriage. I've used Celexa 40mg which was awesome however I was unable to have an orgasm. This was very frustrating for both my husband and myself. So my psychiatrist advised me to get off of Celexa after we tried a few other things with Celexa that didn't work. I was on Xulane for 3 months and loved it. The first few weeks I would get a little stomach ache and feeling of nausea but it only lasted for a couple of hours per day. Both were very bearable. My appetite deceased as well. The good thing is I would only eat when I was hungry no more emotional eating. "

Xulane vs Ortho Evra & PMDD (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I been on evra patch for a year now, no specific mood swings no spotting, normal periods as 7 days, period only starts on 3rd day after removing patch and overlap by 3 days! Breasts have grown I might say a cup size. Some of periods I had very bad back pain some I don't even feel ( so I don't think is anything to do with patch) I have not gained much weight and I think it's nothing to do with patch. If I eat like pig I get fat if and if I cut down on carbs I slim down."

Lucy12356 November 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on the ortho evra for 2 weeks I've noticed that my boobs are getting very sore and I get headaches every now and then and I've gained weight , but I haven't bled since I've had the patch on I will up date as I notice anything else. Question if anyone can answer, for some reason it maybe how I sleep but my patch gets a crease in it does that make it any less effective ? As I put mine on my thigh??"

Maae September 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on the depo recently. Switched to the pill and after month 3 just wanted to throw up every morning. Remember having these side effects when younger. So. Had a break and jumped to Evra! Can say this is the last and final switch! Three weeks in so far so good. Just boobs have shot up a size. Nipples sensitive to touch. Hurts to lay on front. But can't complain looks like I've had a boob job and I know it's temporary. No morning sickness. Not hot flushes (pill gave me). No anxiety of some kind that always managed to rear its head. More motivated. No spots. It's a slow release so I believe as it's not going through blood stream it is necessarily better for you. Definitely recommend if you're out of contraceptive ideas due to above side/e"

Jgrey3 July 17, 2017

For Birth Control "...and I was thinking I'm imagining stuff. I just started my 7th month on the patch. The last 5 days I worked myself sick thinking about whether I had a brain tumor and dying on my little girls, couldn't snap out of the mood. From the beginning of taking these I had those headaches (progressively worsening...) and it worried me a lot. I was feeling sick but not being able to puke, horrible loss of balance and vertigo (full wack with eyeballs movement), weight gain (but I blamed that on the fact that I stopped running due to muscle pain and balance probs). The patches left red marks and rash, itchy skin (all over) and little cough with no reason... Lately the anxiety problems are my biggest scare. I booked the GP. The EVRA is going bye bye... One pro - no pregnancy."

Annie78UK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for about 2 years now. I honestly love it. Only issue I have been noticing lately is acne. I have never had acne issues up until now and I'm 21. Have any of you ladies had acne issues while on this patch and if so what did you do? Any tips would help because this makes me sad. :( but other then that it's easy going."

Caiiii July 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this for over 8 years. It was my first and only birth control brand. Made my breasts swell and hurt for a couple months and then that completely went away. I had no other side effects. By this point my periods are so light I will do 4-6 patches before removing it (yes, you can do this with the patch!). I highly recommend this. I put the patch on a butt cheek and alternate sides each week."

Brooke1282 June 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been using the patch for 6 years now, I have only been off once ( I buy it when I'm in Mexico since is $100 at USA and I can get 1 month for $35-40 ) So one time I ran out and had to be off for 2 months. Over all I love it, easy to remember, no side effects, haven't got pregnant in 6 years I have been married. My periods since I am on it are regular and I know exactly when is coming. Before it they used to be long and heavy, with a lot of cramps, now they last 3-4 days max with only 1-2 days of regular bleeding and the rest is light. I only get 1 day of cramps (the heaviest day) and I get sensitive (not sore) and heavy boobs before my period comes. When I did came off I was so sensitive, I had sore boobs and my body was crazy."

Patch Lover (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I started using Depovera as my birthcontrol and I was in it for 2 years plus. I had no side effects until I gained so much weight the last year I was 120 lbs and now I'm at 150 lbs . I will never go back to it. So I switched to the patch and same I have no bad side effects yet. I've been on it for over a year, my weight has gone down I'm down to 140lbs which is hard to loose weight for us girls . My breast sized increased , my thighs and butt increased good plus :) I've never had problem with acne with neither birth controls . My mood swings are bad here and there . I love how my period is regular now and I know when it's coming. p"

BrianaChinaG May 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I have to say, I was TERRIFIED of starting the patch after reading so many awful reviews. Over the past 8 years I've been on 4 different combined pills, all of which eventually made me nauseous and caused me to vomit soon after taking them. So I was really worried the patch would have similar side effects. I'm now 6 weeks in (so have had my first break) and have to say it's great. I haven't had any problems with it coming off or peeling and I barely notice it! Obvious negatives are how noticeable it is and the yucky stickiness you get around the edge, but these are bearable. The only side effect that's bothered me is how sore my boobs are all the time - I can barely put my bra on! Upside though.. they've grown! Overall, good easy method"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I started the first patch ,first day of my period as instructed by my obgyn and it was perfect, side effects were almost non existent. My period actually got lighter and less painful. First week was ok, second week I suffered from some joint pain then severe stomach aches and finally vomiting . Spent two days barely able to eat or drink anything till I took off the patch and immediately felt better. If it wasn't for the stomach problems I would definitely recommend it since side effects are the least compared to other methods ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for two years previously it was prescribed to me to treat Polycystic ovaries. Just recently got back on It and I am extremely shocked to read all those reviews. I have never gained weight on the pill if anything I have lost few pounds. I always had an issue with acne and patch helped to solve that too. First few days on the patch can't be classed as the nicest as I felt dizzy and vomited few times however that stops relatively quickly. I can't relate to the mood swings at all . I can only recommend and say In my experience patches are relatively good compared to other methods of contraception."

DrDri March 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I started the patch on Friday.I felt fine Friday night, I woke up Saturday morning and felt okay, as the day progressed, my nausea got worse. Woke up Sunday feeling okay but around 11pm the nausea came back, I had a headache and my saliva was really thick. I went to bed that night feeling horrible not getting much sleep. Monday I woke up feeling extremely lethargic, I ended up having to leave work early because I thought I was going to pass out. I went home and slept most of the day, Tuesday morning spent by the toilet and called my doctor. Who told me to take it off if it continued, I just took it off 30 minutes ago and I already feel better."

ml1795 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I been on the patch for four years now and for me the first time when I put my patch on when my period stops I do get sick on the Monday but nothing major. I love it I never had a problem with it but only one problem I have is sometimes it will feel like it is coming off two days before I change it but the good side so far that has never happened! It's way easier then taking a pill everyday and for me I can't take pills so the patch was a bonus for me but I do have really bad cramps on it but I love how it starts the same time every month and it makes my life a whole lot easier I would totally recommend it!"

Bostonfan98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Xulane