User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Learn more about Ortho Evra.

Birth Control 301 reviews 299 medications

7.5
Summary of Ortho Evra reviews 301 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Ortho Evra

For Birth Control "I was on the depo recently. Switched to the pill and after month 3 just wanted to throw up every morning. Remember having these side effects when younger. So. Had a break and jumped to Evra! Can say this is the last and final switch! Three weeks in so far so good. Just boobs have shot up a size. Nipples sensitive to touch. Hurts to lay on front. But can't complain looks like I've had a boob job and I know it's temporary. No morning sickness. Not hot flushes (pill gave me). No anxiety of some kind that always managed to rear its head. More motivated. No spots. It's a slow release so I believe as it's not going through blood stream it is necessarily better for you. Definitely recommend if you're out of contraceptive ideas due to above side/e"

Jgrey3 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "...and I was thinking I'm imagining stuff. I just started my 7th month on the patch. The last 5 days I worked myself sick thinking about whether I had a brain tumor and dying on my little girls, couldn't snap out of the mood. From the beginning of taking these I had those headaches (progressively worsening...) and it worried me a lot. I was feeling sick but not being able to puke, horrible loss of balance and vertigo (full wack with eyeballs movement), weight gain (but I blamed that on the fact that I stopped running due to muscle pain and balance probs). The patches left red marks and rash, itchy skin (all over) and little cough with no reason... Lately the anxiety problems are my biggest scare. I booked the GP. The EVRA is going bye bye... One pro - no pregnancy."

Annie78UK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for about 2 years now. I honestly love it. Only issue I have been noticing lately is acne. I have never had acne issues up until now and I'm 21. Have any of you ladies had acne issues while on this patch and if so what did you do? Any tips would help because this makes me sad. :( but other then that it's easy going."

Caiiii July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this for over 8 years. It was my first and only birth control brand. Made my breasts swell and hurt for a couple months and then that completely went away. I had no other side effects. By this point my periods are so light I will do 4-6 patches before removing it (yes, you can do this with the patch!). I highly recommend this. I put the patch on a butt cheek and alternate sides each week."

Brooke1282 June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using the patch for 6 years now, I have only been off once ( I buy it when I'm in Mexico since is $100 at USA and I can get 1 month for $35-40 ) So one time I ran out and had to be off for 2 months. Over all I love it, easy to remember, no side effects, haven't got pregnant in 6 years I have been married. My periods since I am on it are regular and I know exactly when is coming. Before it they used to be long and heavy, with a lot of cramps, now they last 3-4 days max with only 1-2 days of regular bleeding and the rest is light. I only get 1 day of cramps (the heaviest day) and I get sensitive (not sore) and heavy boobs before my period comes. When I did came off I was so sensitive, I had sore boobs and my body was crazy."

Patch Lover (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started using Depovera as my birthcontrol and I was in it for 2 years plus. I had no side effects until I gained so much weight the last year I was 120 lbs and now I'm at 150 lbs . I will never go back to it. So I switched to the patch and same I have no bad side effects yet. I've been on it for over a year, my weight has gone down I'm down to 140lbs which is hard to loose weight for us girls . My breast sized increased , my thighs and butt increased good plus :) I've never had problem with acne with neither birth controls . My mood swings are bad here and there . I love how my period is regular now and I know when it's coming. p"

BrianaChinaG May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have to say, I was TERRIFIED of starting the patch after reading so many awful reviews. Over the past 8 years I've been on 4 different combined pills, all of which eventually made me nauseous and caused me to vomit soon after taking them. So I was really worried the patch would have similar side effects. I'm now 6 weeks in (so have had my first break) and have to say it's great. I haven't had any problems with it coming off or peeling and I barely notice it! Obvious negatives are how noticeable it is and the yucky stickiness you get around the edge, but these are bearable. The only side effect that's bothered me is how sore my boobs are all the time - I can barely put my bra on! Upside though.. they've grown! Overall, good easy method"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started the first patch ,first day of my period as instructed by my obgyn and it was perfect, side effects were almost non existent. My period actually got lighter and less painful. First week was ok, second week I suffered from some joint pain then severe stomach aches and finally vomiting . Spent two days barely able to eat or drink anything till I took off the patch and immediately felt better. If it wasn't for the stomach problems I would definitely recommend it since side effects are the least compared to other methods ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for two years previously it was prescribed to me to treat Polycystic ovaries. Just recently got back on It and I am extremely shocked to read all those reviews. I have never gained weight on the pill if anything I have lost few pounds. I always had an issue with acne and patch helped to solve that too. First few days on the patch can't be classed as the nicest as I felt dizzy and vomited few times however that stops relatively quickly. I can't relate to the mood swings at all . I can only recommend and say In my experience patches are relatively good compared to other methods of contraception."

DrDri March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started the patch on Friday.I felt fine Friday night, I woke up Saturday morning and felt okay, as the day progressed, my nausea got worse. Woke up Sunday feeling okay but around 11pm the nausea came back, I had a headache and my saliva was really thick. I went to bed that night feeling horrible not getting much sleep. Monday I woke up feeling extremely lethargic, I ended up having to leave work early because I thought I was going to pass out. I went home and slept most of the day, Tuesday morning spent by the toilet and called my doctor. Who told me to take it off if it continued, I just took it off 30 minutes ago and I already feel better."

ml1795 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I been on the patch for four years now and for me the first time when I put my patch on when my period stops I do get sick on the Monday but nothing major. I love it I never had a problem with it but only one problem I have is sometimes it will feel like it is coming off two days before I change it but the good side so far that has never happened! It's way easier then taking a pill everyday and for me I can't take pills so the patch was a bonus for me but I do have really bad cramps on it but I love how it starts the same time every month and it makes my life a whole lot easier I would totally recommend it!"

Bostonfan98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched from the pill because I was having trouble taking it at the same time every day. I loved the patch and how convenient it was. I wore it for two years and I will admit my boobs grew a cup size and I gained about 10 lbs over time but my bf likes a little chubb so it was fine, lol. I NEVER had nausea problems (kinda shocked by some reviews here). I'll admit I would have PMS-like mood swings each time I changed the patch but I never had shakes or sweating. I actually really love this birth control and rarely notice side effects. My periods became lighter (I had heavy bleeding pain before the patch), it lasted 3 days and was on a regular schedule. I highly recommend"

Zirose March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for 4 months now. The first couple of days on week one I have a low grade headache but nothing tylenol cant fix. I found putting the patch on my shoulders on my back it gets way too itchy! So I put mine under my underwear line on my outside thigh and it doesnt itch near as bad. It sticks pretty well and by the time it looks like its about to fall off its time to put on the new patch anyway. I started my patch on Sunday and when its the week without it I know exactly when I will get my period and when it will end. It lasts about 6 days (only major downside for me because without birth control mine usually only lasts 3 days.) Cramps are a little worse but bearable and only happens the day before period and day of. No weight gain."

Love this!! March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had been on the patch for about 4 months, when I started them everything was really good and then about 3 months into it everything started going wrong I'm 18 I constantly kept getting urine infection or thrush and I couldn't understand why I never had them before and then the worst came my legs went blue!!! There was a clear line around my waist and from there down my legs were blue and black freezing cold I couldn't feel them.. I bleed so heavy and was in agony got rushed to hospital and they told me that it was a side affect to my birth control spent 2 days in hospital recovering don't recommend them at all"

Charlie10415 February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on week three of the patch and I can't wait for it to be over. This is the second time this year I've used the patch and I remember the same same side effects as before. Headache during most of the first week coupled with constant nausea. The only thing that seems to make the nausea subside is eating! Needless to say I've noticed some weight gain!!!!!! I suppose you've got to try these things.... In theory it's a great idea, unfortunately it doesn't work for me."

BertieBoo January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "started the patch this month, am on 4th day of the patch free week and spent the last few days terrified that i might be pregnant - today I got my 'period' aka BC withdrawal bleeding but have been nauseous all night. so, still not sure where I stand on the pregnancy thing. have also noticed: sore breasts weight gain of around 5kg despite no increase in appetite and sometimes even eating less than usual (not fun since I'm already overweight to start with) strange dry itchy rash on my lower inner thighs some vaginal dryness overall I don't have much confidence in this... even if I'm not pregnant it's scary to see the edges peeling off or a regular shower loosening the adhesive. switching back 2 condoms pill and will save for an IUD."

argy (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for 4 years. This is the best birth control method. Of course like anything, your body has to get used to a foreign object that's attached to your body and let's estrogen through your skin. Your body will go through changes (nausea, sweats, headaches), but good luck finding a method that will leave you symptom free. Once you get through that yucky part, you'll notice weight gain and also your breasts will get larger and tender. For most, I don't think this goes away. For myself, I do have a little bit of a tummy (I'm 105lbs) and my boobs have gone up a whole cup size. I find the patch to be insanely convenient. After years of using it, I have zero problems with it. I can only say great things about this BC method!"

Piapia January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first 24 hours of having it on. At first I was really shaky, I now feel sick to my stomach. I've thrown up and I feel really weak. I had bad experiences with other birth controls. Doctor told me not to take it off, what do I do..?"

Kayleebugs January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using the patch for about 6 months now because it's more convenient, my periods are regulated which is good but the bad part is I have terrible mood swings with the patch espically the first couple days of a new one, I took a month break from it just to see if it still happened but I was fine and as soon as I started using the patch again back to my grumpy, moody self. I also experience swollen tender breasts which is absolutely not fun."

Hannah34343232 January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience is mixed it was good to start with no problems but as time went on I got loads of bad side effects and when I tried to come of it I had really heavy periods for over a month then I had to go back on it again now I'm coming off for the second time it is very very painful with the cramps and sickness to the point I can't keep still for too long and it takes a while for your periods and your fertility to come back"

fozzy1996 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my second week using Evra. Boobs got bigger which is good but very tender. I never stopped bleeding since my period (spotting) and I hope it stops because I cannot have sex if I'm bleeding, it makes me very uncomfortable.Hopefully it will stop once my period comes again. I still haven't used it without condoms so who knows but I really hope it works. The patch stops being sticky around the edges but it stays on. Had few pimples which happens almost never to me. Nausea lasts for like 10 seconds but hey if it works it's nice."

yi (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on the evra patch for a little over a month. I'd have to say this is the worst birth control method. Right away I noticed I gained water weight. My boobs and stomach got a lot bigger gained the most weight. Other than the fact that I put on a few pounds. I also was very naseaused/shakey/sweating for about 3 nights of a month. I didn't enjoy that either. I'm going back on an oral birth control method once my period is over and I can't wait to have the patch out of my system"

Teneale (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far no bleeding I don't think I've notice any more discharged. No rash yet.I have it stuck on my butt. No weight gain so far I will update later !"

Tiffany.a.v November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using the patch for over two years because I have no other choice. only upside is ive never gotten pregnant on it. Right away I noticed side effects of gaining weight and nausea. Over time the symptoms became worse. Everyday Monday after changing the patch I become very ill. I wake up hot and disorientated. Then my body forces me to violently vomit for 4-5 hours. While this happens I experience chest pain. Difficulty breathing. Extreme exhaustion. so dizzy I can't walk. My heart feels like it almost skips beats then tries to catch up to itself. It's like having food poisoning."

Crystalrox November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "In my personal experience this was horrible. Been on it for 3 days and just took it off tonight because I can't handle it anymore. I am puking all night (10-12 times) and can't hold anything down. I am having body aches and can't stop shaking. And also a massive headache that advil won't get rid off. It works for alot of people, I guess just not for me."

16yrold (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Xulane