User Reviews for Ortho Evra to treat Birth Control (Page 9)

Ortho Evra Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ortho Evra

RunningChef · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2013

"I've only been on the patch for a few weeks but let me tell you... it's GREAT for anyone who is super sensitive to estrogen or any other hormone replacement! I couldn't even take the lowest dose of birth control because the hormones made my stomach so sick. I was unable to even move for weeks when I took the pill. Started the patch because I have incredibly low estrogen and I haven't had any nausea but a little fatigue. Probably more due to the fact that it's something "new" your body is dealing with. I haven't really had the increased sex drive like a lot of women mention but I definitely feel as though my mood has evened out and I'm less "high and low" like I used to be. Highly recommend this as a form of birth control."

ClariceKeye · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 11, 2013

"I have been on the Evra patches for about 7 months and have decided after 4 months of using it to keep it on without a break (after my GP said it would be okay to do so) to avoid my horrible periods. I was taking the pill before and always forgot to take it and have had a few 'scares' in the past so I decided it was time for change as I am still young and not ready for a shock pregnancy! I haven't had the best experience with it to begin with as I have heavy spotting after every patch change which is VERY annoying. It lasts days to my boyfriends and my own annoyance! No baby though and my breasts feel bigger."

Anonymous August 18, 2013

"I have been using the patch for over 3 years now. It is the first birth control method I chose, because I was afraid of forgetting to take a pill every day, and it sounded easier than other forms of birth control. When I placed the patch on my stomach that it gave me cramps/nausea, so I alternate butt cheeks instead. This also: keeps it hidden, the edges of the patch have excess adhesive, so it sticks to underwear rather than clothes, and the underwear/swimsuit keeps it in place if sweaty/wet. At 30 yrs, 5'11 and 150 lbs, I've gained about 10 lbs in the past 3 years, so probably unrelated to the patch. My biggest complaint is that my occasional headaches have become bad migraines, so I may look at other options. Loved it until now."

Marai · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2013

"My experience with the patch so far, IT IS AWESOME ! I'm on day 2 of the patch. I've started it on Sunday, Aug 4th, so I did a Sunday start. So far, day 1, I got no symptoms but an increase in sex drive and I wanted to eat everything in my house. So far so good. I'm hoping to increase my cup size hopefully."

Snap_xo August 1, 2013

"I have been on the Patch for almost 2 months and I'm loving it! First of all no baby which is great! The first month was horrible I had the worst mood swings and I cried so much. I was so mean and kept on snapping on everyone. However I got over it. I prefer to place the patch on either cheeks of my buttocks, because it hides it and also doesn't wrinkle and peel. However, it does itch at the site and when I remove it. My breasts have grown an entire cup size which is not so great because I was a 36DD before the patch. I have noticed a slight weight gain, but I think that is from me consuming too much food when I have cravings. The patch works wonders. And my sex drive is great! Always in the mood."

Beckie E. · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 27, 2013

"I was on the Ortho Evra patch for about a year and a half and was very pleased. It only needs to be changed once a week so it's much more convenient than daily pills. It also really helped clear up the mild-moderate acne that I had previously struggled with. I didn't notice any weight gain while I was on the patch and my bust went up a cup size. The only possible downside is that when I stopped the patch I dropped 5 lbs in a week, so I guess I had put that weight on slowly. Overall, I would say this is a great option for those who are looking for the convenience of a once a week change and are comfortable with side effects of maybe some slight weight gain and bigger breasts."

Meganelizabethtripp July 26, 2013

"Been on it for 2 months now, increased 2 cupsizes and lost weight! Went from 140, to 128-130 lbs, only thing is, I'm SO emotional, it's driving my boyfriend and I crazy, I cry about everything. No babies, bigger breasts, weight loss. Sounds good to me! Only problem is emotions, but I'm sure they'll subside."

spreadininfoonmahmeds July 9, 2013

"I'm just about to start my 5th month on the patch and now that my body's gotten used to it, I can honestly say that I love it! I felt completely normal the first month. The second month, however, I experienced mild itching around the patch, extreme mood swing during the "off period", and heavy spotting for 4 weeks while wearing the patch. After the second month, I was back to normal. No itching, no baby, no huge detrimental side effects except for that I increased a cup size, acne is mild/did not change on patch, no more spotting in between periods, and no mood swings. Overall, I would recommend the patch. Easy to use, put it on butt and forget about it for a week. LOVE it."

Finngirl9 June 27, 2013

"I'm 19 and this is my first time using birth control. I chose the Ortho Evra patch. I started the patch just over a month ago on the first day of my period. My period was extended and lasted 2 weeks straight then I had a lot of spotting. On the 4th week (off patch) I got my period, cramps and all, and by this point I thought the bleeding would never end! I was extremely emotional and cried almost every day and would constantly ask myself "what is wrong with me." Now that over a month has passed, everything seems back to normal. Larger breasts is a definite pro! I don't feel the need to cry now, and everything is good. Enjoying the patch now!"

Lena g. · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2013

"First form of birth control was Zovia. Didn't like it because it made me nauseous all the time. So after a year of being off birth control I decided to try the patch. I like it a lot. No major side effects at all. The only thing is that I did lose my sex drive. Which made me pretty sad but I'd rather deal with that than side effects of other birth controls. I've only been on it for about three months so maybe I still need to wait to adjust. I do feel like I'm gaining weight though. Although I would not completely blame it on the patch because birth control gives you cravings that you can choose to act upon or not. Birth control doesn't make you gain weight. It's what you decide put in your mouth that does. "

Nicoler June 20, 2013

"I've been on the patch for 2 months and I love it. I dont have to remember to take a pill everyday and it increased my breast size."

KateOlivia · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2013

"I love the patch. I started out with the pill and didn't feel satisfied. I always felt like it wouldn't work if I took later then the time I had to take it (which was constant). My first week of taking the patch it was annoying and I wanted to take it off but now I hate having that week off the patch because I noticed that whenever I have it off I'm very moody, tired, and have a lot of anxiety. I love the patch because not only it helps my period, no babies, etc. but it makes me feel normal."

Li22ie888 · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2013

"I've been on the patch for about two weeks and I guess it works, no baby, and rarely any symptoms, the first couple days I became depressed and slept a few hours but I didn't think anything of it. My one complaint is that I work out often so I'm constantly taking showers and sweating so the edges of the patch are always coming up. My doctor said to just tape them but it worries me. I'm going to try placing it on a less moisture prone area."

Chiki97 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2013

"I have been using the patch for 2 months now and I like it. Made my periods lighter and my breast bigger. Things that I don't like that sometimes I peel it off by mistake (scary though) and is hard to hide in public. But is works well. I like the results. 90 percent recommended."

KelMel May 29, 2013

"I've been on the patch for 3 weeks now, I am now on my patch free week, and I think it's great. There's no itching or Reddening at the placement site and I alternate between placement each week which helps. I feel nauseous every once in awhile but that may be contributed to other things and it subsides relatively quickly. I had a slight headache first day of application but none since. I've had a few mood swings but once again it could be contributed to other things. Oh and my breasts have grown! Which is a plus for some. Slight tenderness but only to touch. Sex drive has increased. And it's so easy to remember! I'm 98 lbs and 5'1"."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2013

"I was exposed to carbon monoxide chronically and it has effected my thyroid. I was having a period every other week when I went into my doctor to see what was going on, and my Lh hormone was way too high. I did my own research into the patch & found out about the increased amount of estrogen and figured I'd give it a try. I had already been on Lo-Seasonique and Seasonique, both were great at first, then I'd have breakthrough bleeding. The patch has completely stopped my breakthrough bleeding. I have gained a small amount of weight, but my breasts have grown so I don't notice it much. The patch does leave a red mark when I take it off, but it's gone within a few hours and I don't experience the itching that others have mentioned!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2013

"I was on Ortho Evra for just about 6 months. I had issues where my whole body would be itchy. I went through visits with a dermatologists and was told it was eczema but then after paying attention to have the patch off for the week of my period I had no symptoms so we found out the hard way that it was indeed the patch that was causing these symptoms. I'm sure this is great for some people, it was very convenient. I chose to be on it because I can't remember to take the pill but this just doesn't work for me."

kim20 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2013

"I chose this as my first form of birth control when I was 16, I'm now 20. While it was effective and efficient for me, my hormones were through the roof. I was very emotional and cried a lot. I would recommend this for someone who does okay on high dose birth control. I cried/begged for my doc to switch me to a low dose birth control and ended up on the pill. I'm terrible at taking it but still no baby thankfully."

lovelylady · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2013

"I've been on the patch two weeks now. The thing that's changed is I had spotting instead of a full period. I so recommend this. I tried mononessa the side effects were instant and horrific. I'm falling in love with the patch"

BekahBops · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 29, 2013

"I am 21 years old and I have been on the patch for 2 and a half years now. NO BABY! and no scares either! I live by this patch. I have had no side effects apart from my breasts growing larger (which you can't complain about). "

D176 April 16, 2013

"I used the patch a couple of years ago and do not remember the side effects I am having now. I am nauseous, my breasts are swollen and sore, and I am retaining water. My moods are through the roof and I hope this levels out soon."

Riaa April 14, 2013

"I switched to the patch a little over a year ago after being on the pill 'Microgynon' for almost two years. I was getting really bad breakthrough bleeding with the pill so wanted to try something different. The patch has been great for me this past year, though I generally found the easiest place to put it was on my stomach as arms and back just itched too much! My biggest problem is how unsightly it is - I wear black leggings for work 5 days a week and the edges of the patch collect a horrible black lint from them all week. Additionally, if I have a long bath or go swimming the edges start lifting and sometimes I have to change it midweek as its started to peel off. Overall does what it should, and hasn't caused any problems."

eye of lilith April 8, 2013

"I have tried three different types of birth control: the pill, which I never remembered, Nuvaring, I had terrible side effects and ended up in the hospital due to infection, and Ortho evra. I have been on Ortho Evra for two weeks now and so far it has been ok. My main concern is the red squares left on my skin after I take off the patch. Also, the first day of a new patch is pretty intense. I am VERY tired and sleep more than awake, get very dizzy, and just a little nausea. It really isn't that big of a deal, because it passes in less than 24 hours and I feel great after that. Oh, and no baby!!"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2013

"After looking at all birth control I decided to go with the patch since it had the least side effects. This is my first birth control ever and I was worried how I would feel. I read the reviews on here and was expecting a horrible headache the first day I put it on but I didn't feel any different at all. It's still my first week but so far, everything is great! I forget it's even on me and my sex drive is still beyond great!"

Tes7 March 27, 2013

"I've been on the patch for a month now. So far so good. My breasts look great I've even have a butt now which I'm happy about it. My only complaint is that the first day putting it on it itches. I have a lot of sex drive. Loving the patch so far."

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Xulane