User Reviews for Ortho Evra to treat Birth Control (Page 12)

Ortho Evra Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ortho Evra

"I've been on this birth control for almost 2 years and now it's really starting to affect me. The last few months I've had appetite issues ranging for near-binge eating to complete loss of appetite. The last month I've had extreme anxiety, chest pain, headaches, nervousness, shaking...the works. I've not experience any vomiting, but nausea accompanies the loss of appetite. I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of days and I'm definitely getting off of this. It was effective for a long time for treating ovarian cysts, but now it is really negatively affecting my day-to-day life."

Anonymous December 30, 2011

"I've been on the patch now for four months. I've had minimal side effects. In fact, I love what the patch has done for me. My acne cleared up, it has helped me calm down emotionally, I sleep better, and while it puts my sex drive on overload for the first month, it all mellowed out by the second or third month. The first month was the most drastic. The only thing I really could complain about is the fact that for a day in month 1, I was extremely depressed. Like, so depressed that I felt hopeless and didn't want to get out of bed. Now, I don't know if that was due to the fact that I had pulled a couple all-nighters (due to exams) or the patch, but it was AWFUL. Other than that, things have been wonderful. I love the patch."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

"It worked to prevent me and my boyfriend from conceiving, but it made me feel HORRIBLE! It made my periods longer and HEAVIER! The day I took it off I had instant relief. It made me feel bad because my doctor said of my family history of depression and anxiety that I inherited."

fluffy415 December 15, 2011

"It's a very good birth control, easy to remember. I like it because I don't have to remember to take it every day like the pill. It can be annoying though when you want to wear a certain outfit and the patch shows on your back or during the summer when its on your hip. I get nervous sometimes that I might get pregnant because I still don't understand the fact of putting a patch on and then having hormones enter your body...WEIRD. but I've had no problems. We have unprotected sex and we are fine. I would recommend it. "

Anonymous December 6, 2011

"I've been on Ortho Evra since August of 2011, and so far, I really like it. I'm not using it just for birth control, but also for period control. Before going on the Patch, my periods would last 10 to 11 days (3 days of heavy to moderate bleeding, then spotting for 7 to 8 days). Thanks to Ortho Evra, my periods are now only 6 days (3 days of heavy to moderate bleeding, then 3 days of spotting). That is seriously a miracle for me! Also, I have less period cramps than before (although my pre-patch period cramps were never really anything to complain about). Besides this, my breasts have also grown bigger (which my boyfriend loves). Although, I have experienced some negative side effects too. My breasts were REALLY tender for the first 2 months, but this has mostly gone away. Sometimes, on my Patch change days in September and October, I would feel a little bit nauseous or lightheaded, but I think this may have been partially or completely psychological. Also, sometimes, even when I'm not near my period, I will experience very mild cramping. But these are all side effects that I can live with. The only thing I really don't like about this medication is that it lowered my alcohol tolerance and made me more susceptible to hangovers. But in the end, I'd rather throw up from a hangover than from morning sickness. Overall, I'd recommend this medication."

Patchy the Piarate November 19, 2011

"I wanted a implant in but suddenly I just went for this Evra patches. They are amazing. I didn't get any side effects. It helped me a lot, but you have to keep this in mind that you have to use them properly. I missed couple of days and got pregnant straight away. I would recommend these to everyone. "

reev k November 8, 2011

"I've only been put on Ortho Evra recently, so I can't say anything about the long term. But I can say that lately I have been quite depressed and nauseous. This is only my first month of using the patch, so I imagine that I'll begin to feel better sometime soon. But its very easy to use and if you're willing to put up with the side effects for a bit its worth it."

charlie.milani October 31, 2011

"I've been on the patch for about 7 months now and I love it. I only get cramping but its only right about the time I'm going to get my period. I lost weight with the patch and I don't experience any bad side effects."

lily450 October 24, 2011

"I was on the shot for 5 years. Yes, I know to long. Now I am 40 lbs overweight cause of it. It's driving me crazy because I've always been an athletic, fit person, but after I gave birth to a special needs son, I needed something that I didn't have to think about for awhile. I exercised, I diet nothing worked. I got a new doctor. I am now on my second week of the patch. I have to say I have never been more emotional in my life, and the breast tenderness is crazy. Today is the day I was supposed to have returned to get another shot so I'm hoping these side effects are due to doubling up on birth control for 2 weeks and things will even out. "

PhotoJen October 11, 2011

"I have been on the patch for a month and I absolutely love it. It's my first form of birth control and personally I gag taking pills. Within the first month of using the patch I lost 3 pounds. My sex drive is high and my breast got a little larger. Slightly. I had cramps during my week of the patch but I didn't mind. I rather have cramps than having my period for an entire month. I recommend the patch for anyone who wants a form of birth control who don't want to gain weight."

jessdeaflo August 25, 2011

"Threw up constantly on the fourth day of using this. Day two I already didn't feel well. I took off the patch on the fourth day because of all the vomiting and also I had a hard time breathing. Cold sweats, etc. I felt like I was dying. Horrible feeling. I don't recommend this."

Anonymous July 30, 2011

"I thought I was having anxiety until I spoke to my doctor and found out my birth control was the problem. For the last year every month around my period I would get very emotional. If I would drink around that time it would make it worse like really bad. Out of control. It was starting to affect my relationship with my boyfriend. I thought I had anxiety but not all the symptoms match. I spoke to my doctor and she immediately had me take the patch off. I will go on the pill once I have my period again. "

Anonymous June 30, 2011

"I've had really bad experiences with birth control in the past - the pill made me throw up on a daily basis and the shot was just a nightmare. After the crazy mood swings, lethargy, two-month period, social anxiety, and weight gain I experienced with the shot I was nervous about trying birth control again. But so far I've had a good experience with the patch. The first month I didn't have much of an appetite and often felt nauseous, but now that my body has adjusted I only have a few minimal side effects. I crave junk food more, but that's easily managed with a bit of will-power or chocolate. My breasts have grown a bit, but after the shot shrunk them that's not a bad thing. Thank goodness I found something that works."

Anonymous June 21, 2011

"I've been using this product for almost 3 months. I'm still having the side effects of starting this new method. But I have lost 5 pounds since I started using Ortho Evra. My only problem is. I CAN'T tan. My doctor did not tell me I wasn't supposed to get a tan Well when I got out. I had the worst mood swings ever. Also I wake up every hour of the night throwing up from 3-9 in the morning. It's absolutely horrible because vomiting is one of my main fears. Other than that I do love this product and I am disappointed that I have to switch to Ortho Tri-Cyclen because tanning is more important to me right now."

Kidd. June 21, 2011

"Been on it for 2 and a half years. It's great. Side effects none. Recommend it. I Love it."

Phaith June 15, 2011

"I been on Ortho Evra for 2 months now. I love it. The first night I wore it, I had a panic attack. I ripped it off during the night then started wearing a new patch the next day. Since then, no panic attacks, so I'm guessing it wasn't caused by the patch. My breasts were tender but I got used to it, and I love how light my cramping and periods are. I get a pimple or two during the third week, and I am a lot more emotional, but that does not interfere with my personal life. It took some time getting used to wearing the patch, it fell off like three times. Overall its amazing."

happy2013 June 9, 2011

"I was on the patch for about 4 months, and while it did a great job at preventing pregnancy, the side effects were too much for me. Because this is placed outside your body, the estrogen in this is a lot higher than a typical pill. I have naturally tan/olive skin, and this caused melasma (severe skin darkening) all around my mouth and I use sunblock everyday. Also, my emotions were a mess when on the patch. I had two of the biggest anxiety attacks on this pill, after the second one I immediately took the patch off and felt better within hours. I'm happy to see that there are many women that this birth control method works for though, but I'll have to keep looking."

Alyss May 25, 2011

"I have been using the patch for 3 1/2 years now and so far its great. I don't have to worry about an everyday pill. I totally recommend it, specially for women who attend to everyday needs. It is very easy to wear and plus you get to change it every week. It sticks well too (when my husband first saw it he thought it was a band aid). I've recommended it to all my friends. I love it I don't think I'll ever change it for another birth control."

abby b May 18, 2011

"I loved my patch however it gave me TERRIBLE premenstrual syndrome. It would only be the week before my period but still. It made my hips and breats swell which I don't really consider a bad thing. The one thing I did notice after switching to the pill was a big plummet in my sex drive. However my periods are lighter now. I miss the high sex drive on the patch. My boyfriend loved it but my skin would get really irritated and I didn't like having to explain what the patch was when people saw it and asked. I'd still recommend it to anyone who was unsure about birth control."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

"So far so good. We've been using the patch for a year now and are still baby Free!!!!"

Boadicea May 6, 2011

"I have been on the birth control patch for over 3 years now and I haven't had any problems with it. I recommend it to anyone who is forgetful like I am, when it comes to taking the pill."

Anonymous May 4, 2011

"I absolutely adore Otho Evra. Less pimples. I practically glow! My breasts got bigger by a full cup. I'm always happy my sex drive went up this is the second time I've been on it and I'm never going back! I used Nuvaring and Yaz and a couple of others that gave me yeast infections, acne, low sex drive, and ANGRY mood swings. This is perfect for a forgetful artist like me.. once a week and it works well with my body chemically. I don't know why I stopped it the first time."

Aonymous Goddess April 19, 2011

"Ortho Evra was my first birth control and I have been using it for 2 years now..it works really great except it sometimes falls on the edges but this is normal."

maeann2308 April 9, 2011

"It may be to early for me to review this since I've only been on it for a month, but I thought I'd share my beginning side effects for the people who are curious. So far I haven't gained weight, or had hair loss, spotting, or any of that. I have had some headaches here and there, as well as nausea which when I chew some gum it goes away in no time, and also some moodiness not a big deal though. By what I've gone through from the start of it, I would say I definitely love this medicine. Absolutely recommend it to others."

LilHaleyy March 2, 2011

"Yes, the Ortho Evra was effective, but it made me feel absolutely horrible. I faced terrible depression and would cry for essentially no reason, I became hostile and irritable to even my best friend, and didn't even feel like myself. I experienced issues with anxiety, including anxiety attacks and a sense of uneasiness when in public places. I can't recall ever feeling worse about myself."

Anonymous February 4, 2011

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Xulane