User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Learn more about Ortho Evra.

Ortho Evra Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 253 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ortho Evra to treat Birth Control

"I been on the patch for four years now and for me the first time when I put my patch on when my period stops I do get sick on the Monday but nothing major. I love it I never had a problem with it but only one problem I have is sometimes it will feel like it is coming off two days before I change it but the good side so far that has never happened! It's way easier then taking a pill everyday and for me I can't take pills so the patch was a bonus for me but I do have really bad cramps on it but I love how it starts the same time every month and it makes my life a whole lot easier I would totally recommend it!"

Bostonfan98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I switched from the pill because I was having trouble taking it at the same time every day. I loved the patch and how convenient it was. I wore it for two years and I will admit my boobs grew a cup size and I gained about 10 lbs over time but my bf likes a little chubb so it was fine, lol. I NEVER had nausea problems (kinda shocked by some reviews here). I'll admit I would have PMS-like mood swings each time I changed the patch but I never had shakes or sweating. I actually really love this birth control and rarely notice side effects. My periods became lighter (I had heavy bleeding pain before the patch), it lasted 3 days and was on a regular schedule. I highly recommend"

Zirose March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on the patch for 4 months now. The first couple of days on week one I have a low grade headache but nothing tylenol cant fix. I found putting the patch on my shoulders on my back it gets way too itchy! So I put mine under my underwear line on my outside thigh and it doesnt itch near as bad. It sticks pretty well and by the time it looks like its about to fall off its time to put on the new patch anyway. I started my patch on Sunday and when its the week without it I know exactly when I will get my period and when it will end. It lasts about 6 days (only major downside for me because without birth control mine usually only lasts 3 days.) Cramps are a little worse but bearable and only happens the day before period and day of. No weight gain."

Love this!! March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been on the patch for about 4 months, when I started them everything was really good and then about 3 months into it everything started going wrong I'm 18 I constantly kept getting urine infection or thrush and I couldn't understand why I never had them before and then the worst came my legs went blue!!! There was a clear line around my waist and from there down my legs were blue and black freezing cold I couldn't feel them.. I bleed so heavy and was in agony got rushed to hospital and they told me that it was a side affect to my birth control spent 2 days in hospital recovering don't recommend them at all"

Charlie10415 February 24, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm on week three of the patch and I can't wait for it to be over. This is the second time this year I've used the patch and I remember the same same side effects as before. Headache during most of the first week coupled with constant nausea. The only thing that seems to make the nausea subside is eating! Needless to say I've noticed some weight gain!!!!!! I suppose you've got to try these things.... In theory it's a great idea, unfortunately it doesn't work for me."

BertieBoo January 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"started the patch this month, am on 4th day of the patch free week and spent the last few days terrified that i might be pregnant - today I got my 'period' aka BC withdrawal bleeding but have been nauseous all night. so, still not sure where I stand on the pregnancy thing. have also noticed: sore breasts weight gain of around 5kg despite no increase in appetite and sometimes even eating less than usual (not fun since I'm already overweight to start with) strange dry itchy rash on my lower inner thighs some vaginal dryness overall I don't have much confidence in this... even if I'm not pregnant it's scary to see the edges peeling off or a regular shower loosening the adhesive. switching back 2 condoms pill and will save for an IUD."

argy (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on the patch for 4 years. This is the best birth control method. Of course like anything, your body has to get used to a foreign object that's attached to your body and let's estrogen through your skin. Your body will go through changes (nausea, sweats, headaches), but good luck finding a method that will leave you symptom free. Once you get through that yucky part, you'll notice weight gain and also your breasts will get larger and tender. For most, I don't think this goes away. For myself, I do have a little bit of a tummy (I'm 105lbs) and my boobs have gone up a whole cup size. I find the patch to be insanely convenient. After years of using it, I have zero problems with it. I can only say great things about this BC method!"

Piapia January 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my first 24 hours of having it on. At first I was really shaky, I now feel sick to my stomach. I've thrown up and I feel really weak. I had bad experiences with other birth controls. Doctor told me not to take it off, what do I do..?"

Kayleebugs January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been using the patch for about 6 months now because it's more convenient, my periods are regulated which is good but the bad part is I have terrible mood swings with the patch espically the first couple days of a new one, I took a month break from it just to see if it still happened but I was fine and as soon as I started using the patch again back to my grumpy, moody self. I also experience swollen tender breasts which is absolutely not fun."

Hannah34343232 January 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My experience is mixed it was good to start with no problems but as time went on I got loads of bad side effects and when I tried to come of it I had really heavy periods for over a month then I had to go back on it again now I'm coming off for the second time it is very very painful with the cramps and sickness to the point I can't keep still for too long and it takes a while for your periods and your fertility to come back"

fozzy1996 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my second week using Evra. Boobs got bigger which is good but very tender. I never stopped bleeding since my period (spotting) and I hope it stops because I cannot have sex if I'm bleeding, it makes me very uncomfortable.Hopefully it will stop once my period comes again. I still haven't used it without condoms so who knows but I really hope it works. The patch stops being sticky around the edges but it stays on. Had few pimples which happens almost never to me. Nausea lasts for like 10 seconds but hey if it works it's nice."

yi (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on the evra patch for a little over a month. I'd have to say this is the worst birth control method. Right away I noticed I gained water weight. My boobs and stomach got a lot bigger gained the most weight. Other than the fact that I put on a few pounds. I also was very naseaused/shakey/sweating for about 3 nights of a month. I didn't enjoy that either. I'm going back on an oral birth control method once my period is over and I can't wait to have the patch out of my system"

Teneale (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So far no bleeding I don't think I've notice any more discharged. No rash yet.I have it stuck on my butt. No weight gain so far I will update later !"

Tiffany.a.v November 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been using the patch for over two years because I have no other choice. only upside is ive never gotten pregnant on it. Right away I noticed side effects of gaining weight and nausea. Over time the symptoms became worse. Everyday Monday after changing the patch I become very ill. I wake up hot and disorientated. Then my body forces me to violently vomit for 4-5 hours. While this happens I experience chest pain. Difficulty breathing. Extreme exhaustion. so dizzy I can't walk. My heart feels like it almost skips beats then tries to catch up to itself. It's like having food poisoning."

Crystalrox November 7, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"In my personal experience this was horrible. Been on it for 3 days and just took it off tonight because I can't handle it anymore. I am puking all night (10-12 times) and can't hold anything down. I am having body aches and can't stop shaking. And also a massive headache that advil won't get rid off. It works for alot of people, I guess just not for me."

16yrold (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So I have been on the patch for about a year now, I chose the patch over the pill due to convince. Turns out its kinda a pain. I had not had to many issues aside from i weight gain and it coming off before my week was up due to excess water. Periods where normal for me, always generally heavy. Unfortunately I had to stop for a month due to cost. (i know dumb) and I am now having an allergic reaction before this occurred I was wanting to switch anyways. I plan to switch to Paragaurd."

LIZZIELOUG October 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this patch for a little under two weeks now and I just took the thing off tonight due to some serious side effects I was receiving. I haven't slept for 3 nights, even on 10MG of Melletonin and my anxiety medication which normally knock me right out when I'm having a bad night. I have been completely exhausted and fatigued. Then today, I felt nauseated all day and then started chest pains on my left side that went from tolerable to severe throughout the day. I finally decided to look up the side effects of the patch on drugs.com and found everything I was feeling in the list. So I ripped that thing off, and not even an hour later I have felt 90% better. Better than I have in days. 1/10 would not try again."

sofa king mad right now October 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I sort of on the fence here. I'm 19, 114lbs. I've only had the patch on for a week and I have alreaty gotten 2 cystic acne flare ups. One on my cheek near my left nostril and an extremely painful one on my jaw line near my ear. I had an IUD in for about 8 months but it caused me problems and had to be removed. The patch I notice i am very tired and bitchy with headaches and nausea. My biggest concern is the fact that i have never had bad acne. I'd usually only get 1-2 whiteheads during my menstrual week. Now my face is really bad, red blotchy gross cyst pimples. It really crushes ones self esteem. Ive been thinking maybe i just shouldn't use it anymore."

MandyDawn October 19, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used this medication 12 years ago (I am 37 now, so I was 25). In 3 wks I gained 15lbs. My calves became very swollen and crampy and my memory began to go. I was a server at a popular restaurant. I had regular customers and all of a sudden I couldn't remember their orders (they ordered the same thing every week for a year)... I'm certain it is from Ortho Evra. It took years to get those 15lbs off. It completely messed up my metabolism and my memory has never recovered... I have a 16yr old daughter who will never use the patch because of my experience."

Sheri1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My first month using the patch I experienced cramping and had my period for about 2 weeks straight. Now it has been 10 months and all is normal, my periods are much ligther than they used to be. I still have cramps the first 2 days but advil helps that. I love that it is only once a week I have to remember to replace the patch. The two things that I don't like about the patch are that it does tend to slide around like a bandaid which can be annoying and secondly I feel it has made me gain some weight (bloating). I have not tried any other birth controls. I am still on the patch mainly because it has helped so much with my periods."

suz133 October 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on the patch for about 5 years now and love it. I never had many problems with it. I didn't gain weight but I typically will get a pimple or 2 the week before my period is supposed to start. I do get a slight skin irritation where I put it on. Only a little itchy and no big deal. I wear mine on my stomach and switch sides to help irritation. I don't think it hurts that bad to take off it's like pulling off a bandaid. I have only had 1 fall off and I was swimming every day for a week when it happened. I do notice I am more emotional (and slightly bitchy) while I'm on my period but I put the new one on and I'm fine. definitely would recommend!"

Elb1257 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only been on the patch for a couple months now but it is going well so far. The only downsides are that I had fairly heavy spotting for almost 3 weeks after my period but I haven't experienced any spotting since. The other downfall is that I get really lightheaded when I first put the patch on after my period. Other than that, there haven't been any noticeable changes"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible. Allergic reaction so itchy had to remove. Skin looks burned."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this patch for about 2 years now and I really love it. When I fist started BC I was on pill form. I had pretty bad side effects from the pill; headaches, bad cramps on my period, my period was never consistent and I was always spotting between periods. I was also horrible at remembering to take it. I switched to the patch after enduring about 5 months of the pill. The change for me was incredible. With the patch I have had no side effects. My periods have been 100% consistent and never had spotting between. It's so easy to remember changing once a week. The only negative thing for me was the first 4-5 months of use I had some irritated skin around the patch area. That has since resolved. I personally love this patch!"

Bella99 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on the patch for about 3 months now and I love it! My periods are shorter, I haven't gained any weight either. Only thing I'm on the edge about is that my boobs are more bigger and perky which I love, but they're more sensitive and sore. But other then it's great. Mood swings aren't that bad either. :) I recommend it, ladies!"

Caicai September 15, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Xulane