User Reviews for Setlakin

Birth Control

theladyeve · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started taking this medication 6 days ago and wish I'd started taking in 3 years ago, but was fearful of taking new medications. I am 47 going through perimenopause and have been experiencing fatigue, hot flashes/night sweats and super heavy periods going through as many as 12-15 super tampons. I'm also a competitive athlete and finally decided to try this as it was effecting my performance (heavy periods and fatigue). I'm in love. I only had slight dizziness the first day for a few hours and slight nausea. Since then nothing except slight bloating and INCREASED ENERGY! I've been able to work out or compete 5 days in a row and only felt fatigue 1x which I broke through. All this plus 4x a year periods? Thank you!”

ninamargarita July 3, 2017

For Birth Control: “This BC made me nauseous for the two months that I was taking it. I spotted regularly and it made me anxious and at times some depression. You are supposed to wait for two months for your body to get used to this but it's just not worth it for me. My skin did clear up and my hair even stopped being crazy greasy. I lost a little weight but because I was nauseous all the time. As you read this please remember that we all have different reactions to different BC pills.”

LadyGertrude · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was put on Setlakin for PMDD. Everything was going well outside of the daily severe heartburn, constipation, and hair loss. I actually think it made a difference in the PMDD. That was until I had breakthrough bleeding around the 6th week of pills. I've had heavy bleeding of clots and tissue with severe debilitating cramps for 14 days straight now. Right before the bleeding started, I developed really painful cysts/zits on my face and groin and that same evening is when the bleeding started. I was suffering severely with PMDD symptoms before starting this treatment, but now I feel like I hormonally made things worse. I feel as utterly hopeless as I did when I first started the medicine, if not more physically debilitated. These last 14 days have been a nightmare waking up in pain, going through the day in pain, going to sleep in pain.”

Shanahnah January 13, 2018

For Birth Control: “The "breakthrough" period was horrible for me. I've been on my period for 3 weeks and it has gotten bad. I have noticed blood clots and heavy bleeding. It's not worth all this.”

More about Setlakin (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Patient resources