User Reviews for Activella to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Activella has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms. 58% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Activella Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Activella

allicat · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 10, 2020

“I'm on Activelle for 8 yrs now and it was the only HRT that makes me feel my old self. I tried weaning myself off it but then the hot flushes comes back within a day. I would love not to use anything but quality of life is very important for me so I carry on. I tried every "herbal, natural remedy, pill" could find they only worked for peri menopause and not great at all. Two years I struggled every 4 weeks on a different HRT and wanted to go jump off a building, until I went to see my gynea and she gave me Activelle, even my family noticed that the old me was back. Why suffer hey.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

“I am 52, and has been suffering hot flashes for about 2 years. My doctor didn’t want to go the HRT route- and prescribed me Clonidine at first. The clonidine worked for about 4 months- then suddenly stopped. Hot flashes ramped up to 3-5 an hour! Sleep was near impossible. Finally was prescribed Activelle LD. It took about 3 weeks to work, but It works. I am just 5 weeks in now. Zero hot flashes. I feel my moods have improved. And I also feel calmer. I am experiencing way less anxiety. Basically I feel like I did 3 years ago before this menopause stuff all started. Only negative side effect for me is daily morning diarrhea, but that seems to be subsiding. Wish I had gotten this medication years ago.”

Diako April 6, 2014

“I had experienced almost nonstop hot flashes for 3 years before asking my Dr. for help. I was a mess. I am on the lowest dose of this medication and it has been a life saver for me. Hot flashes gone, most of the irritability has gone away. I feel like my old self. It took about 3 weeks to notice the difference and have been taking it for 6 months now. I will have occasional breast pain, but it is nothing serious just a twinge. Well worth the relief!”

PJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

“I have been taking Activella for exactly 2 weeks now. I noticed the hot flushes and night sweats have definitely decreased but I still feel very emotional and irritable. I haven't had a migraine in over 10 years. In the last 2 weeks I have had 4 migraines which make me feel awful, so nauseous and unable to do anything. I don't know if I should continue with the meds and hope the migraines will stop or just stop taking the meds altogether. I feel like the menopause symptoms are mild compared to the migraines. What should I do?”

Creston August 21, 2011

“I have been taking Activella for 4 months now. It immediately alleviated hot flashing and anxiety/nervousness/irritability. However, I think it is beginning to cause headaches. I've also had scalp acne which started when I was taking a generic form of Activella, but seems to be clearing now that I'm taking the actual brand name of the drug. Also, have noticed I am more emotional (tear up in a second) on this medicine. In the last month or so, I have become increasingly clumsy, dropping things I'm holding. Will update on this in 2 months.”

Lou · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 2, 2019

“I was prescribed Activella for 5 years. It worked beautifully for me and I felt good. I changed to Prempro because of insurance and about 3 weeks into that change I started developing breast tenderness, headache, and sleep issues. Unfortunately, I have to wait until October when I can change my insurance again to get back on Activella.”

Len · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 11, 2019

“Consider removal of ovaries if you use Activella or consider not taking it at at all. My mum was on the drug for several years and developed ovarian cancer. HRT increases risk of breast and ovarian cancer and I do not wish anyone to go through staff my mum is going through. Hot flushes are nothing compared to chemo and hight probability of death within next few months/years.”

Lisa Caissie · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

“I've been taking Activelle it's been a week for menopause issues, I have more hot flashes which was my reason for starting this medication. I was hoping it would improve my sleep....I'm disappointed in this medication...”

Marie G. December 27, 2010

“Hot flashes were relieved; however I suddenly (never before experienced) a migraine with some nausea after 2 months on this medicine. I used ES Tylenol and felt better in 3 hours. Since this is the only medication I was taking and my overall health is very good, I decided to reduce the dosage by taking the medication every other day. The hot flashes were still relieved and this half dosage was for one month. Last week I suffered another migraine and vomiting and was under the weather for an entire day. I have decided to go off the medication completely.”

Bea · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 12, 2021

“Been taking Activelle for 7 months now, no hot flushes but still got night sweats. I will be stopping tomorrow as have been diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis in my calf today. So gave me worst symptoms would rather have the hot flushes back. Caution when taking this drug”

DrRiff · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 19, 2013

“I was prescribed this medicine for intractable migraines that seemed to be associated with decreased estrogen and for awful night sweats and insomnia. The migraines almost completely disappeared, and are now stopped with 50 mg Imitrex (that had previously gotten to the point where nothing stopped them). The nights sweats and insomnia completely stopped. ”

Anonymous August 17, 2008