User Reviews for Climara Pro

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Climara Pro.

Postmenopausal Symptoms
4.9

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Climara Pro reviews 4.9 18 reviews

Reviews for Climara Pro

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "The patch works great - no more debilitating hot flashes. But, I almost gave up on the medication because of the difficulty and frustration removing the plastic backing. I finally figured out how to get it off. I take a paring knife and in the middle, tease one side slowly off the adhesive until it is clear it will separate, but I don't remove it yet. Then I do the same thing on the other side. Once it is clear that both sides will come off easily, I remove one side completely, stick it in place, then remove the other side. Make sure your skin is stretched out with no wrinkles where you apply it. This has completely removed my frustration with the patch! If it weren't for the flawed design, I would rate it a 10, so instead it gets an 8"

Taonell (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "the active ingredients probably work, but applying the patch is a nightmare! I have tried calling the company and the "customer service" person read me the insert. I can read, I can follow instructions, but I can't get the backing off without a great deal of struggle. I sometimes end up with half a patch. I am switching to anything else."

ccg53 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "This seems to work pretty well, but is so hard to use I am looking for an alternative. The plastic backing usually comes off 1/2 of the patch fairly well, and the rest is a struggle. I end up with a stretched and creased patch which irritates the skin unnecessarily. Why can't they fix this? Complained about it years ago - as ha withers - but no improvement."

Pharm1234 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I was forced by my insurance plan to switch to Climara Pro because my new insurance plan wouldn't cover it. The Climara Pro is more expensive and is very difficult to get the backing off, so I end up touching the patch and it doesn't stick then! This patch also doesn't work as well as the one I was on."

Still Hot (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "This patch is way to expensive, and doesn't last the week. Falls off before time to change to a new one."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been on the patch for 8 years. I may experience a hot flash a few times a year. Prior to Climara Pro I had a hot flash at least 3!times an hour, my cognitive functioning decreased and I couldn't sleep. I have none of these symptoms except a rare hot flash."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "The patches kept coming off after 2 to 3 days. The backing is way to hard and not enough to peel off 2nd half without touching 1st half of patch causing that part not to adhere to skin. Bayer should really consider 3M's adhesive manufacturing and backing that peels with ease and stays on until removed and in water."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have used this a few weeks to control severe hot flashes. It is starting to work, however, it is very expensive and does not stay on. The longest it has remained on is 3 days. I'm an RN and know how to apply a patch. These do not stay on. I will probably look for another option."

Elaine A August 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Damm things , it is terribly hard to get the plastic backing off, should not be this hard to get one a piece of plastic off ruined one."

Just mad (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I started this medication because I had to stop taking the oral, which worked wonderful so switched to transdermal. Shortly after starting the patch I had a constant dull headache but thought maybe my body needed to adjust so I continued. On my second week the headache continued and my joints started bothering me and then progressed to body aches, feeling like I had the flu. I also had stomach issues with excessive burping and gas. No energy, emotionally feeling blah. I took the patch off to see if symptoms would improve. Overnight the achy body is gone but still have the mild headache no stomach issues so far. This medicine is not cheap even with insurance and I am now contacting the pharmacy to see if I can return my 90 day supply."

tater61 December 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "My Dr told me I could swim with the patch on. But it tends to come off before the 7 days are up. Also I ruined 1 patch, I couldn't get the backing off. But has already helped with my hot flashes!"

Nurse Gina July 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "51 years old-postmenopausal for 2 years. Started this for hot flashes, night sweats, trouble sleeping. Been taking med for 3 months now. Had cramping & bleeding initially. Titrated patch by cutting in half. Had exam & endometrial biopsy to rule out any problems. Bleeding stopped. After 3 weeks at half patch, symptoms returned somewhat. Increased back to whole patch- 2 weeks no bleeding, now have cramping & bleeding again for 3 days now. I know these are side effects that usually completely subside, so I am waiting to see if the bleeding stops altogether. The patch has stayed on with no problem, & is very effective. I have thick hair, but have noticed slight thinning which is not a problem so far. I will give it more time."

Remaining patient September 9, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Hot flashes stopped after 3 weeks. Have been using for 3 months now. Went through menopause but now bleed heavily 5 to 6 days every week. Messing clothes, bed linens. Will have to go back to doctor. Thought it would stop by now, but no change. I am 53 yrs old."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I would love to know if the patch worked for me but the patch just would not stay on (2 days the longest). Two boxes (8) patches wasted. "

tee327 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The medicine works wonders on controlling my hot flashes. It is easy to use but will only stay on for about 5 days. I apply to clean dry skin and take one shower a day. I don't sit in a tub of water or go swimming. This is the only negative thing besides the price. I have to pay for my medicine but it is worth the dollars, not having constant hot flashes."

Anonymous August 13, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "The patch is a wonderful item if it would stay on. It only lasts 3 to 4 days then it dries out and peels off."

aussiegal November 30, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I tried the Climara Pro patches. They never stayed on for more than 2 days. "

Anonymous March 3, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I've been using Climara-pro for 2 weeks (2 patches) and this morning I used the third patch. Yet the symptoms persist and I still suffer greatly from hot flashes and night sweats."

Anonymous August 5, 2009