User Reviews for Climara Pro to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Climara Pro has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 34 ratings for the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms. 41% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Climara Pro Rating Summary

6.1/10 average rating

Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Climara Pro

Anonymous July 24, 2020

“I went into peri menopause a little early. At 40 I started having an average of five hot flashes an hour day and night. At 44 I decided I couldn’t take it anymore, because I had severe anxiety and depression and physically didn’t feel I could even exercise anymore due to the hot flashes. I had tried everything natural. Nothing worked for me. I generally don’t take prescriptions from doctors. My quality of life really sucked. I was miserable and that’s putting it lightly. I got prescribed climara pro and within four days all anxiety, hot flashes and depression disappeared!!! Like magic. Once in a while I have spotting and or bleeding for a few days. I’ll gladly deal with that. The sticker has been fine 95% of the time. I’ve never ruined a patch, it’s never fallen off. I put it on slowly and carefully. Take your time and have clean skin and hands. This patch has been a miracle in my life. So grateful!! If you’re miserable give it a try! It’s worth every penny.”

Kcar808 · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2020

“I actually just started the Climate Pro because my pharmacy is having a hard time getting my Combi Patch on time. I like the idea of once a week for sure!! But geez, why the text on the damn patch?!? What’s the point in a clear patch is you’re going to type the brand name, ingredients and dosage on the damn thing?!?”

Philboy · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2020

“I have only been on Climara Pro for two weeks. I was put on this as an alternative to the Combipatch which has a shortage and was not available. This is a great patch. I immediately noticed I was sleeping better. It stays on WAY better than the CombiPatch and you only have to put it on once weekly instead of twice. My mood swings are gone as are some cravings. This is great and I am not going back to the CombiPatch.”

No More Migraines · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2020

“Before taking this patch, I was suffering from chronic migraines from my perimenopausal hormonal ups and downs. I was also having trouble sleeping, many night sweats, and vaginal dryness. After two weeks I was again sleeping eight hours without night sweats, and my vaginal dryness was much improved. The most amazing thing for me however is my migraines are gone, I have other triggers, but they are easy to control. I was previously taking more than the recommended doses of Sumatriptan and Indomethacin, and making monthly emergency room visits. I have tried birth control pills in the past and I always had to stop because they made my migraines worse. This patch is a miracle for me. I don't have trouble applying it, but my jeans make it blue around the edges, and I don't like the branding on the front. If I take a bath, I put a Band-Aid Water Block Large Adhesive Pad over the patch, and it stays on and dry. I don't have problems with it staying on in the shower.”

SandyO · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 27, 2018

“My only menopause symptom was insomnia and weight gain - my doctor recommended Climara Pro- it works wonders for me. I sleep well and my mood is amazing. I had a few issues with getting the patch out of the plastic in the beginning and keeping it on the place but not anymore - I guess I have learned how to handle it the right way. No complains no side effects.”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2019

“I’m on the second month of the patch. I originally took it for hot flashes, sleep disturbances and general menopause symptoms. Hot flashes went away almost immediately. I have no trouble getting the patch to stay on at all. Not really understanding all the complaints. I find the backing easy to remove, and if I hold it in place on dry skin for 30 secs, it stays on perfectly. My only issue is bleeding intermittently. I’d rather have that than my previous symptoms though.”

Maryanngomez1 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 17, 2018

“I actually like Climara Pro patch quite a bit. Even with the side effects. Here is my summary: Pros: no more hot flashes. Mine were often and horrible. No more vaginal dryness. No more itchy skin. I feel sexual again. Very few mood swings. I feel good!! Better with it then I did without it!! Cons: I never know when I might bleed! I can go 3 or 4 months with no bleeding and then all of a sudden I will bleed for a week or so! I have to have inter vaginal ultrasounds 3 times a year to watch the endometrial thickness. If it thins out too much then I need progesterone. Pain in the butt to monitor this balancing act. I have gained 17 lbs since starting this patch. Worst of all is that the backing on the patch is extremely hard to get off! I now keep these patches in the refrigerator and the back comes off perfectly. To the people at Bayer: why don't you fix this situation since it obviously is a problem?”

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2019

“I have been using this Climara Pro patch for about 4 months after my GYN Dr. recommended it. I wasn't having too many issues with hot flashes but was having a lot of anxiety and even a few panic attacks. I had also inexplicably lost about 50% of my hair over all of my body. I will start with the pros of this medication: no more hot flashes or vaginal dryness, my hair has all come back, my skin is not as dry and the fat around my waistline redistributed so my waist is smaller. Cons, patch is slightly itchy, my stomach is bloated all the time, I now sometimes randomly get hives and I have intermittent back pain. I did not realize this medication could cause these symptoms but after reading the list of side-effects again I realize it's all related to the medication. I'm going to ask my Dr. to put me on a lower dose and hope this will resolve the side effects.”

Herway June 30, 2020

“Found the patch stays on really well when I clean the application due with rubbing alcohol. Start at the center of the site and work out in circular motion. Repeat the same steps with a clean , wet, wash cloth. Let air dry while you wrestle your plastic off the patch. I bend in the center and peel one side off then reapply same plastic back to patch just offset. Make sure to use the correct side of the plastic when reapplying. Then peel the second half off and apply to prepared site. The offset plastic reapplied to the first side is easier to remove. These things cost way too much money. It's outrageous. Big pharma highway robbery. Banking coin. Unfortunately I can't afford the patches any more. They helped.”

SnowdogHERA July 22, 2018

“My life turned around. I was having horrible painful hot flashes. I am bipolar II and my medication didn't seem to work anymore, and I was having bad mood swings. I started on the patch, and I as I said in my first line, my life turned around. No more hot flashes, my bipolar medication started working again, and my moods are much more even these days. So, yes, this worked great. The one issue I had was applying the patch. It was difficult to do so, as it stuck to the plastic backing instead of coming cleanly off. However, I figured out why. I kept my packages in the bathroom up on an open shelf. Our bathroom gets hot and steamy regularly. I believe the heat from the showers were causing the problem. Once I put my packages inside a drawer away from the bulk of the heat, they started working just fine again. I can swear by this because, the open package I had been using worked again as well as all new packages.”

Ms. Traveler · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 27, 2019

“The patch works very well for hot flashes and night sweats. A primary reason I went on it is for osteoporosis management/prevention. I will say it hasn't helped as much as I hoped for menopausal sleep issues, but has helped with mood swings. As for others' comments with issues of applying the patch, I learned to simply turn to the smooth clear side, fold very slightly to lift up the middle small tab that sticks out, gently tear away the plastic from that side with left hand, then place a finger edge (try not to touch the medicated section) to hold that half. Next peel away the other half with the right hand and apply. It sticks fine, every single time. Has never come off.”

Layla · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2018

“My Dr recommended this a few years ago but I was leery and waited. I am post menopausal so the worst of it seems to be over but the Dr told me hot flashes will continue. Ugh..So bc summer was coming, I began using climapro plus almost 3 months ago. Yes those patches are a pain to get to open and stay on! At first it seemed to help with my energy, but then my joints in my hip area began really bothering me. I noticed I was wide awake after only 4 hours of sleep as well. Also, my mood began being more snappy at times. The final straw was feeling like there was no hope in living that's not ok, so l think I'll not use it anymore and go back to using black cohash”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 16, 2017

“I have been on the patch for 8 years. I may experience a hot flash a few times a year. Prior to Climara Pro I had a hot flash at least 3!times an hour, my cognitive functioning decreased and I couldn't sleep. I have none of these symptoms except a rare hot flash.”

Squash February 26, 2021

“At first I was excited to use this 1x/week easy patch! Had no problems with it sticking. It helped me sleep better too BUT unfortunately it wasn’t for me. My breasts were getting sore, painful, sensitive (not good for boudoir) and was putting on extra weight fast. I stopped taking it. Within a week I started bleeding. Be wary ladies. It’s not for everyone but really wish it was. Stay well”

Del February 11, 2021

“I have been using the climara patch since 2003 never had a problem with it sticking, but the last 2 applications have not been sticking after a couple days. What I have discovered is the plastic holding patch was much heavier, now yesterday I noticed they have been cheating on the thickness of the plastic, it is very thin so I'M sure their not putting as much glue on the patch.”

Taonell · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2017

“The patch works great - no more debilitating hot flashes. But, I almost gave up on the medication because of the difficulty and frustration removing the plastic backing. I finally figured out how to get it off. I take a paring knife and in the middle, tease one side slowly off the adhesive until it is clear it will separate, but I don't remove it yet. Then I do the same thing on the other side. Once it is clear that both sides will come off easily, I remove one side completely, stick it in place, then remove the other side. Make sure your skin is stretched out with no wrinkles where you apply it. This has completely removed my frustration with the patch! If it weren't for the flawed design, I would rate it a 10, so instead it gets an 8”

TJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 31, 2019

“I love this product because it works. No more hot flashes and fatigue. Unlike others I have no problem applying the patch. After a shower, thoroughly dry the skin, apply the patch and press on it with the palm of your hand for a couple of minutes. After that I find it stays for the whole week.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2019

“This is the absolute worse patch I have ever used. The area was completely cleaned, hairless and dry. Within two days it started lifting and when I took a shower it completely came off. It's now being held on by waterproof tape. It also doesn't feel as effective.”

Tilia · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2018

“This patch actually works for ridding me of my hot flashes. I would have given this a higher rating if not for the impossible task of removing the plastic backing. I just spent 10 minutes trying to find the lip where the plastic comes away from the adhesive backing and in the process, ripped the patch in 2 spots. When I finally got it on, my fear is when I shower, water can get underneath and I have to remove it, allow it to dry and reapply it. The patch I removed before putting the new one on had an odor and my skin was puckered which tells me water was trapped between the patch and my skin. I cleaned it thoroughly and hopefully it'll be fine. Bayer needs to rethink this as I'm ready to switch to something easier to use. I'm always at the verge of destroying each patch prior to putting it on and fear wasting a patch because I've ripped and stretched it trying to get that stupid plastic off.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2017

“The patches kept coming off after 2 to 3 days. The backing is way to hard and not enough to peel off 2nd half without touching 1st half of patch causing that part not to adhere to skin. Bayer should really consider 3M's adhesive manufacturing and backing that peels with ease and stays on until removed and in water.”

Gigi March 23, 2018

“First patch was a nightmare to get on. Been using an estradiol patch $5 copay and taking testosterone capsule. $5. switched to this patch at suggestion of ob/gyn patch wouldn’t peel. I know how to apply a patch and thought this was a joke. Then I read other reviews. Estradiol patch peeled and stuck a week. Why can't this one. Especially if they’ve been having complaints for years. I'm very disappointed at the application and the price.”

Wvkt · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2018

“Medicine is probably great and may actually work if the primary backing would separate from actual med sticker. There is no reason that a person should have to sit and try over and over to get the outer plastic to separate from the actual patch. This is so difficult to accomplish ~~ if and when you actually get the outer part off—- the patch has been touched and does not stick properly or it is stretched—- which Bayer says not to do—- Bayer should be embarrassed to have a product that has such a poor ineffective backing and removal system that though the medicine may work, most will never know because it cannot be administered properly.”

Pharm1234 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 27, 2017

“This seems to work pretty well, but is so hard to use I am looking for an alternative. The plastic backing usually comes off 1/2 of the patch fairly well, and the rest is a struggle. I end up with a stretched and creased patch which irritates the skin unnecessarily. Why can't they fix this? Complained about it years ago - as ha withers - but no improvement.”

tater61 December 8, 2015

“I started this medication because I had to stop taking the oral, which worked wonderful so switched to transdermal. Shortly after starting the patch I had a constant dull headache but thought maybe my body needed to adjust so I continued. On my second week the headache continued and my joints started bothering me and then progressed to body aches, feeling like I had the flu. I also had stomach issues with excessive burping and gas. No energy, emotionally feeling blah. I took the patch off to see if symptoms would improve. Overnight the achy body is gone but still have the mild headache no stomach issues so far. This medicine is not cheap even with insurance and I am now contacting the pharmacy to see if I can return my 90 day supply.”

Still Hot · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2017

“I was forced by my insurance plan to switch to Climara Pro because my new insurance plan wouldn't cover it. The Climara Pro is more expensive and is very difficult to get the backing off, so I end up touching the patch and it doesn't stick then! This patch also doesn't work as well as the one I was on.”