User Reviews for Synjardy

Diabetes, Type 2 7.1

Reviews for Synjardy

Homer · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “It really help me lower my sugar but it gave me difficulty breathing and because of that I also couldn't sleep well. I wish Synjardi didnt have such side effect on me cause it really works. But with strict diet and exercise i have been able to keep my sugar in normal range.”

Bill · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Severe thrush,stomach problems, headaches, high cholesterol, worse now than l was taking metformin 500mg.”

Big Al · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Dr. put me on Synjardy and after 3 months, with no change in diet my A1c went from 5.7 to 8.9!! For the money you would think it would be a miracle drug. I think I will stick with the cheaper metforman that maintained a 5.7 A1C”

Kisha · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 19, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “40 year old female. After being diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 I made some serious changes. Before starting the Metformin I fasted for 5 days which helped reduce my glucose tremendously. After I followed/continued with exercise and watching what I ate I saw some amazing results. After about 1 month of being on Metformin my A1C went from 14 to 9. My Doctor reduced the Metformin dosage and started me on the combination pill Synjardy. After about 2 more months my A1C dropped to 6.5. So far it has worked great and I have maintained below a 7.0 A1C now for approximately a year. I have also loss weight with the medication. I had no negative side effects for the past year until now. For the past few months I’ve continued to get yeast infections. It’s gets treated and it comes back every month after my menstrual cycle. I am making the decision to stop taking the Synjardy and start another medication. Loved it before this uncontrollable side effect.”

T.A · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “After one month this medicine Synjardy brought my a1c down from 8.3 to 7.1. My glucose from 288 to 116. The only problem is that it is giving me vaginal yeast infection and it is severe. It goes away a week with meds and comes right back so I will have to stop. Also a little nausea. I was getting good results.”

Maze G · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “This drug is magical! Lowered my A1C from 11.8 to 5.4 in 3 months. For 6 months I was on 1000 mg/12.5 mg twice daily. My doctor has now decreased it to once daily. I dropped about 22 Kg in 6 months. I suffered from tolerable side effects such as upset stomach and hypotension. I don’t fee thirsty and urination frequency is normal. Made me hate red meat :)”

Carla · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been on Synjardy for about 3 months. Sugar levels are more consistent. No more sugar crashes and I've lost 13 lbs. No other side effects. It's working great for me! Dr gave me a coupon so I get it free for 12 months.”

K2usvi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 4, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I’ve used Synjardy for 8 months. Thankfully my insurance covers it and with the savers coupon I have zero out of pocket expense which is awesome. So you might be wondering does Synjardy cause weight loss - yes it certainly has helped me lose weight as it suppresses my appetite. I do pee more and am thirsty. I do take vitamin B12 as it’s helped with energy and couple other side effects. Also the Syndjardy has made my A1C go down from a 11.8 to 4.9 within 6 months. Every so often I have tummy issues but have never thrown up from it. All in all it’s done wonders.”

luv2sew56 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 27, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been using the Synjardy for the past 3 years and have found it is better than straight Metformin. I could not leave the house when I was taking 2 - 1,000Mg tablets of the Metformin. I am taking the 12.5/1,000Mg tablet 2 times a day and I am having no problems with it. It has lowered my morning glucose readings closer to 100, and my after meal readings under 180 which is what I needed. Seems like the mix of the two drugs works better than Metformin alone.”

KT · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My new physician switched me from Farxiga to Synjardy 3 months ago. A1C has gone from 6.5 to 8.7 which is the same before I began taking Farxiga almost 3 years ago.”

Spanky November 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Since I have been taking Synjardy for the passed six days I have been throwing up with uncontrollable bowels. I have never experienced this kind of side effect from not even plain ole metformin. I thought I was literally dying from all the throwing up. I will never take this medication again ever.”

Imad November 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “There are new research stating that this drug might cause pancreatitis Or even cancer of the pancreas ! Can any one comments on this post please !”

Lbs3 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I love this drug! I have lost 17 pounds in 11 weeks and I feel great. No low blood sugar episodes anymore and no stomach issues like when just taking Metformin. I do have to pee a lot more due to increased thirst but it’s manageable. I am using samples because my insurance won’t cover any diabetes care ( short term plan with denied pre-existing condition coverage) so I’m worried what I will do when my dr can no longer give me samples. Starting AC1 before Synjardy on Met/glyburide was 8.8. Now I’m below 6 and it’s only been 3 months. Waking numbers used to be 160-190, now they are average 118-120. No side effects for me. Weight loss for me comes from feeling like I have eaten a ton of food when I really haven’t. I push my plate away earlier too. I m very active though and do intense cardio/training classes so maybe the combination of feeling better and medicine has kicked my metabolism into full speed. Lol.”

Ruben J · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Ive been on it for a week now, since switching from metformin I've noticed no more aches and pains and have been able to workout since the 2nd day of changed! love this Synjardy so far using samples so have no idea on price and insurance but ill deal w that when it comes to it.”

Carl19464 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 4, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Update to my other review. The Dr's office was able to get things straightened out and I was able to get Synjardy for free with the discount card after all. I have been on it for about 9 months now. I have lost around 30lbs, my A1C went from 11.5 at diagnosis to 6.2 at my last Dr's visit and could probably be better if I didn't forget my afternoon dosage all the time. Average fasting BS went from 280's to 110's. I wish I could stay on this forever as it has worked great for me, but I'm sure the discount card program will end at some point. Have noticed increased urination, but nothing too terrible. My dosage is the 5mg-500mg pill twice a day.”

Carl19464 February 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I received a sample of Synjardy and have only been taking it for 4 days. I started off taking 850mg of Metformin twice a day and 5mg of Glipizide twice a day. I had good numbers on this, but the Glipizide was causing too many hypo episodes, so my Dr gave me a sample of Synjardy. The Synjardy has made my numbers more consistently 80-105 and I no longer have any hypo events. I have also lost 4 pounds in 4 days. The only negative I have noticed is having to drink and pee more. It has made me more prone to waking up a little earlier to hit the bathroom, but it hasn't been that bad. They have a savings card, but my insurance will not cover it at all, so I can't use the card and without that it is $431 a month, which I can not afford.”