User Reviews for Glyxambi

Learn more about Glyxambi.

Diabetes, Type 2 10 reviews 141 medications

6.7
Summary of Glyxambi reviews 10 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Glyxambi

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this medication about 2 1/2 months ago. Just had a visit with my endocrinologist who was very pleased that my A1C went down from a 8.2 to a 6.6. I even lost a couple of pounds. No side effects to really mention except a little tiredness. I would highly recommend this medication. I was on Metformin and Glipizide combo before this and still not getting to goal. I have now removed the Glipizide and replaced it with Glyxambi and glad I did."

Lily2222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this medicine for almost a year. It really does bring your diabetes under control. My A1C has remained a 6 since being on this medication. The down side is I have issues with being too low. While taking this medicine I experience low numbers at night. So I have wake up through the night to drink something to maintain good glucose numbers. I have also experienced other side effects such as yeast infections, low numbers, weakness,dizziness and joint pain. This is a great medicine for keeping your numbers under control but this medicine seems to be too powerful for me. I have found my self cutting back to a couple times a week taking this medication. Besides the side effects great medicine!!!"

Ne Ne January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a type two that went into Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and spent three days in the ICU. Once I got out I found an endocronologist and he put me on Glyxambi and My numbers stay between 90 and 120. I also do not eat very many carbs. My doctor gave me a discount card that I use when I get my script filled and the 30 day supply is free with the card. I feel better than I have in years and my last A1c was 6.5 I have been on this drug since April 2016 and today is Oct 27th 2016"

Keelan Cehand (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this medication about 6 weeks ago and I love this medication with my glimeperide! My numbers have been great since I've started this medication and I lost 11 pounds without diet or exercise. I may have had a few side effects for the first week or two, but they subsided and since then, all has been well!"

VineyJ July 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was given samples to last 30 days, then I went to get medication at pharmacy. I nearly had a stroke when I heard the price. $182 with Medicare and a supplemental insurance. I asked what it would cost without insurance and Medicare, $636. I am going back to my Doctor for an alternative to this stuff."

Texas Rancher1 May 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The worst yeast infection I have ever known."

KIKERS March 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Definitely lowers Sugar level , you must workout to help weight loss ! I go on a elliptical for 15 mins a day , and have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks ! The pills will make you urinate more ! My goal is to reverse the diabetes like working out every day and watch what you eat , eat healthier but no more fried food !"

Christopher VN March 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My side effects are light headed, short of breath, dizzy and cold"

carolina zavla (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Does it cause weight loss?"

Anonymous February 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On Glyxambi for a month now, and fasting sugars are definitely lower. No weight loss though. Have experienced some minor joint pain and increased urination."

JW307 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015