User Reviews for Zarah

Birth Control 53 reviews 283 medications

6.3
Summary of Zarah reviews 53 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Zarah

For Birth Control "Omg I have been crying for no reason and angry for the last 2 weeks. Was thinking I may need some meds for depression then back tracked what changed 2 weeks ago and boom changed my birth control from Yasmin to Zarah. I decided to read reviews online & am I happy I did. I cannot wait until this month is over or I may consider stopping before the month end."

Very Emotional September 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I usually use Ocella (been using for 4 years) and switched to Zarah for my vacation because the pharmacy was out, but wow, it triggered huge mood swings and a deep depression the 2nd week in, By the 3rd week, I was crying every morning and feeling in a slump for hours on end. It was sporadic, like on and off, sometimes I'd feel fine and then I'd feel horrible again in a few hours. Yikes."

Fatchamy September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I use Zarah for my acne cause I have bad acne I started 2 months ago and it cleared my acne up it's just that now I have a few breakouts now and then and some scars from before. I think this product is really helpful for acne, it works on some people like me and people are not the same so it might or might not work for you."

KATalex August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Well I've been on Zarah about three months. I hate it. I've always been a happy person but lately I look in the mirror and cry all if the time. I gained 15 pounds, have horrible anxiety about stupid things, and cry on the drop of a dime. It is effective in preventing pregnancy, and I have not had a low sex drive like some others. Overall, I am super displeased and I can't wait to switch."

Criestoomuch (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only been on this a month. I am one of the several of you ladies who are going thru the antagonizing trial and error for the "perfect" birth control. Zarah seemed perfectly fine when it came to controlling my mood swings and not getting me prego! BUT, I have gained weight, and on my period week my flow was very heavy and crampy, plus it lasted the whole 7 days....eww, I am not used to that. I also did take note of how it effected my sex life. I still wanted sex, but noticed I had a very hard time trying to orgasm. sorry if that's too much info but I personally like knowing how the birth control effects my sex life. I hope some of this info helps. don't give up ladies!"

Br33zybaby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "zarah was my first form of birth control. ive been on it for about 4 months and it's been pretty only a bad expirence. I've became very depressed and anxious. I am naturally fairly moody... but this has been terrible. It made me think my boyfriend was a monster. I would yell at him and in my head I. would blame all my depression on him and "how he treated me" which was fine. it the pill made me thing otherwise. it did clear up my skin and I've actually lost weight... but not worth it because my mental health is so poor. I'm very very sad and emotional ALL the time. it's not only sometime. I need to make a switch soon to a different one. don't recommend because of how I feel about myself and others. makes you very depressed can't stress it"

Marisasmith145 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Zarah for about a year and for me it has done wonders. I suffered from acne to the point that on some days I wouldn't leave my house. My acne is completely gone and my skin is glowing. It's hard for me to forget to take it because once I look in the mirror and see the glow of my skin, I'm automatically reminded. I also suffered from severe cramping to the point of fainting and vomiting before bc and I have not experienced any cramping since I started taking Zarah. My period does however still last 5-7 days but it is very light which makes it nearly unnoticeable. My period is also regulated and always comes on schedule. I recommend it for anyone with skin conditions, irregular periods and bad cramping."

TeeGeePee June 25, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've been on, I mostly used it for acne at first. For the first 1 month it was fine then after that I started getting nauseous a few hours after taking the pill. Then the 3rd month I would get really nauseous that I would almost throw up and this was happening a few days a week and I missed to much school, so I finally stopped taking it. But besides being super nausea all the time I had moodswings, did nothing for my acne, bad cramps, and anxiety. The only good thing is was that it regulated my period."

Britneyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Acne totally gone... its amazing"

Ascfglo9934 April 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control since I was 16 years old (I'm now 27). I have never had any problems with it. When I first started taking it my boobs grew by 2 cup sizes in a short period of time but that could have been coincidence. I very rarely have acne and I haven't experience any mood swings or loss in libido. I do ocassionally have breakthrough bleeding, but that's to be expected with any kind of hormonal birth control."

Kaitmag April 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I began Zarah when I kept having spotting while taking zovia. This pill might as well be called demonic possession. It was a living nightmare. My boobs got bigger but could barely be touched because they were so swollen and painful. The week I was on my period they stopped hurting and that was really the only time I was happy in my life. On. My. Period. But besides the breast tenderness I felt nauseous, tired, I would randomly vomit after meals, I had no control over my bladder. I once had to pee outside of a gas station because I could wait to walk inside and get the restroom key. I was the most moody irritable grumpy person I have ever been in my life. I almost dropped my sorority, ruined my relationship with my boyfriend. I once got angry because my boyfriend was trying to give me a back massage and I "didn't understand why he had to be touching me all the time". I also couldn't have sex for longer than 5 minutes because I would get dry. Low libido, low tolerance for any person in my life. Even the people I liked, started becoming the people I hated. At a Buffalo Wild Wings I practically threw a fit at the waiter because "the mild wings were too spicy". He timidly came back to let me try a new sauce before they made a new batch. I ended up not eating the wings I was so pissed of. I haven't been to a Buffalo Wild Wings since. Today is my first day on a new pill and I'm hoping this time it will be a different experience."

Angry Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I've taken this for about four years and no problem. Recently I have forgotten to take it for like 3days and spotting does arrive, other than that I highly recommend. #teamzarah I'm 34 if that helps, but hey all bodies are different."

Zarah bc taker lol (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on Zarah because I needed a low dosage pill, after being on Loestrin that made me sick. I have been taking it for 2 years, now all of a sudden I'm having breakthrough bleeding out of nowhere like I just started the pill"

Anonymous March 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Zarah for about eighteen months, and I didn't get pregnant so I'd say it's effective :) Unfortunately, I've finally decided it's not the right solution for me. I felt AMAZING for the first month on it, but since then I've been on a steady decline and I just couldn't even think about taking it anymore after last month. Side effects have included muscle twitches, extreme fatigue (I've ALWAYS been a 4-6 hours/night kind of person but on the pill I need 12 hours- it's crazy), massive spontaneous hematomas, depressive episodes, shortness of breath, difficulty maintaining/developing muscle (I'm very athletic ordinarily so this was not cool) and generally depressed mood. Not worth it for me."

Still Searching (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this particular kind of birth control because it is suppose to be similar to Yasmin and my health providers covered it at no cost. I suffer with mild acne and zarah made it worse. The only time my skin would clear was during the off week I wasn't taking. I also think zarah may be the cause of gaining around 10 pounds. I tried zarah for about 4 months and saw no improvements."

Lee1616 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Worse birth control ever! I had breast tenderness, vaginal dryness, 0 to none sex drive, mood swings, and weight gain. I was on this pill for 1 year before I thought it was ruining my relationship with my husband because I had no libido what so ever and vaginal dryness. I experienced dry skin as well. My periods were long 7-8 days /regular. I am now on a new pill lo lolestrin fe I think it's called and noticed a significant improvement. No breast swelling, no long periods, happier moods, not as angry or tired and have regained my libido ..I think even more than before I started taking birth control. It's amazing! . Just in case someone has the same side affects as me on zarah"

ani7821689 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the absolute worst birth control you could possibly take. I was on Ocella for one month before I had to switch pharmacies due to my new insurance and Ocella was fine. Once I started on Zarah, I had constant anxiety/palpitations. It got so bad to the point that I was seeing my doctor and thinking that I had a heart problem (had an echo done, normal). This birth control literally made me feel like I was going crazy and that I had all kinds of health problems. It made my left hand tingle, and I was also constantly exhausted to the point where I was almost sleeping 20 hours a day. OH and my blood pressure sky rocketed. Went off this birth control and got the Skyla IUD. I didn't get pregnant on this BC which is literally THE only good thing"

NOOO (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control when I was a teenager and felt great. I had since been diagnosed with endometriosis and had to stop birth control for treatment. When I finished the 6 month treatment I had to start birth control again. I tried a bunch of different birth control pills to try to minimize bleeding and pain. I had issues with acne, depression and anxiety, weight loss, breakthrough bleeding, severe cramping, painful sex, and a million other things. I asked to be put back on Zarah and should have done it years ago. My skin is completely clear, I have no depression and anxiety, it did not change my weight, there is no breakthrough bleeding, severe cramping, or painful sex. I feel 10x better than being on no birth control. The best!!!"

JO38792793 December 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I never write reviews but had to share my terrible experience so that others don't make the same mistake that I've made. I had been on Yasmin for years, my doctor suggested I switch to a generic since it's free (as opposed to $50) so I gave it a shot for a month. I have one more day on Zarah and here are the side effects I've experienced in that time: nausea, severe moodiness, dizziness, yeast infection, swollen tongue (?!), cystic acne, loss of appetite yet weight gain. I'm a healthy, active 31-year old woman without any other medical issues. Avoid this pill!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have tane Zarah for almost a year now and I had to share my experience with others. this pill is extremely affective with me as a birth control and as an acne pill. My boobs have gotten a little bigger than they were, but that is depending on your body. It works different for each person and for me it has been an amazing experience."

Jackie K October 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I NEVER take time out of my day to write reviews on products however I felt it was necessary for this. Overall I am extremely unhappy with Zarah. I am not sexually active therefore I took it more for my acne. Before Zarah I was on Ocella which I LOVED but had to switch due to location purposes. Ocella cleared my face up and did not give me any mood swings. However, once I started Zarah I broke out SO bad on my chin and forehead, Its been about three weeks since I stopped and I am still suffering from acne. If you are taking this pill merely just for acne, DO NOT DO IT. I also got awful mood swings. I do not advise."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a few months ago and it has made me into a hormonal mess! One of the side effects is anger and I didn't realize it till yesterday when I didn't speak to my husband for 30 mins all because he wouldn't turn the radio station off when I didn't want to listen to a song. I have never gotten so upset over something to silly. There's other instances but that was just the one that made me realize I need to get on a different pill."

Jacquelynn M September 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 25 and am basically taking birth control for acne. I have tried many different pills but this was my least favorite, I took it for 2 months. I am small framed about 98lbs and 5'. I feel this was too much hormone for my small body. First month I was getting anxiety around my period time, crying spells, very crampy, a heavy flow, and mood swings(my poor boyfriend). This has never happened with any pill I've taken the anxiousness scared me. I gave it another month and not really much of a change. My acne did not clear up at all! No weight gain and sex drive was great. Overall not for me. I switched to monessa, few weeks ago, a much lower dose BC pill and so far so good! Everyone's different good luck!"

Moniquegrad89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control pills for 10 years; Yasmin, Yaz, whatever came next, then Zarah. My acne decreased with the exception of the placebo pill week. My cramping was never as bad and I never got pregnant which is the main point! Now, I've been off the pill for 4 months trying to conceive. I haven't had a single mouth ulcer. I NEVER went more than 2 weeks without one. I knew if I bit my lip I'd have one within a few hours. If it was the week of my menstration, I'd have at least one. Usually I had at least 2 at any given time. Also, almost every time I'd go to the dentist, I'd have a new cavity. I've looked it up and I believe that the hormones from the pill increased my mouth difficulties."

Jessabean (taken for 10 years or more) August 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Zarah for 7 months. It's the only birth control I've ever taken (I'm 17). Last fall I broke out in some of the worst acne I've ever experienced. I had deep rooted cystic acne all over my chin and jaw (area known for hormonal breakouts). I started taking it at the end of February and by mid-April my skin was clear, flawless for the first time in my life. That aside, the week before my period (peach pills) I become moody and emotional and cry extremely easily which has never happened before and is very annoying. My cramps are more intense and my period is heavier and lasts longer (went from ~4 days to ~7 days). I haven't noticed a weight difference but my boobs have grown about a cup size. It's a mixed bag for me."

emilytree August 30, 2015