User Reviews for Zarah

Birth Control
6.3

Summary of Zarah reviews 6.3 79 reviews

Reviews for Zarah

For Birth Control "I usually never write reviews but I felt the need to share my experience for future users. I was on ocella for a couple years before my pharmacy switched me over to zarah. Ocella was great, I had zero side effects from it and it even cleared up my skin so that was a plus. But when I switched to zarah, the cons outweighed the pros. First off, my acne returned worse than it was before. I also had constant anxiety and moodiness. But the worse side effect seemed to be low sex drive and vaginal dryness. My sex life disappeared for nearly three months, and even if I wanted to have sex there was zero lubrication to do so. The only thing this birth control did right was preventing me from getting pregnant, and that was basically only because I had no sex drive while on it. Once I got off of it all my side effects regarding acne, anxiety, moodiness, sex drive and dryness went away. If you can avoid taking this birth control you should."

Ot12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to Zarah last year around April/May because my periods had become irregular. I didn't notice any changes in the first few months (I had taken Microgestin Fe 1/20 for about 3 years prior). But two months ago I went off Zarah due to terrible depression and anxiety. I've never had many PMS symptoms but for about the last 5 months of taking Zarah I noticed that my depression and anxiety got worse and worse every month when I was PMSing. It was getting so bad that I switched my pill to Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, but I just completely went off the pill because my anxiety depression have never been worse and I truly believe it was Zarah that messed it up."

Rose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Was on this pill for 8 years slowly began to notice my weight increasing. My diet was nearly perfect and I was working out 5 times a week not seeing any results. I didn’t know what the issue was so I decided to stop taking the pill. Within weeks of stopping this pill my weight decreased by 10 lbs and I was way less emotional. Now trying to find an effective method of birth control without the terrible side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Zarah since for around 2 Years & I’ve had mixed feelings. I began taking it because I had really bad acne and nothing I was doing was working. I started seeing results after around 5 months and after using it for 8 months- 1 year my skin completely cleared up. The real reason why I wanted to write this review was to educate others about a side effect I did not know was going to happen. While on this BC my breasts have gone from a 32C to a 32E and it has so badly affected my life. I am stopping the pill and actually getting a breast reduction because of it. I’m 5”8 and 115 with boobs that weigh 6 pounds. I loved this pill at first and I’m so happy about my skin, but before taking the pill please research! I hope this helps!"

Chonz (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2017

For Birth Control "My experience with this birth control was pretty good. I am 5'4 about 115 lbs- 120 lbs. Never made me moody, never felt bloated. I felt pretty good on this pill. Before this pill I never broke out!! My face was pretty clear. When I started this pill I noticed my right cheek started to break out. It was more of red bumps and a rash on my face. I noticed others having the same symptoms. My diet didn't change after this pill. I ate the same and exercised too. I will be returning to Othro-Tri Cyclen until my face clears up and hopefully try something else."

Alex F (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I am rating Zarah a 5/10 because I did like some aspects of this med. I did not have any unnecessary bleeding during the month which was great, my acne cleared up significantly and my periods were very regular and not that heavy. I did gain some weight on this med but nothing too serious and I did have a headache when I first started this medication & on my periods. BUT I have recently stopped this med I was EXTREMELY** anxious during the time I was on this medication. I cried at least 4-5 times a week and would usually have at least one breakdown a day. Crying, chest pain, trouble breathing, couldn't focus. Just writing this so those feeling this way know they are not alone. I am feeling much better and hope I continue to get better."

zarahreview (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

For Birth Control "I took Zarah for 3 years, never missed a pill and always took it right at 3pm every day. So it worked great. No weight gain. No painful cramps. A light flow during period week. But I rated this 5/10 because I did end up getting pregnant 3 1/2 years after I started taking Zarah. I didn’t take any medications around the time I conceived besides my BC Zarah. My doctor was shocked when my blood test came back positive. So beware, even the best birth control pills can fail and result in pregnancy. I will say though, it was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I have a beautiful 1 year old to prove it."

Q’sMomma (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2017

For Birth Control "Everyone reacts differently to different pills at different times, but here's my experience: I was suffering from amenorrhea, loss of sex drive and feeling, vaginal dryness, inability to orgasm, and depression for 11 months. My tests all said my hormones were normal. Within a week of starting Zarah, my depression DISAPPEARED and I slowly started regaining feeling and sensitivity, and my sex drive was returning. Now 4 months in, my libido is super high again as it used to be, I'm ridiculously lubricated, and sensitivity and orgasms have returned. There are some negative side effects, but the pros far outweigh the cons for me. Negatives are pimple outbreaks around my chin, pretty bad water retention and some swelling, and minor dizziness."

CBeller86 October 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I figure I'll share my experience now that I've moved to a new birth control. I've had it for exactly a year now and it's got pros and cons. Pros, it regulated my period, ridded me of cramps, given me super clear skin and I am much less moody. My boobs grew (B to a C cup) which my boyfriend loved of course, but being a dancer I don't like. Cons, I got bigger arms and cheeks (puffy looking) bigger hips and more cellulite then ever (I took it the year I was 23 years). I went from being a size 4 to a size 7 without changes in my diet and exercising regularly. I think what happened was the estrogen in the pill, it helped me start woman hood which as a dancer I don't like. But I switched to nuvaring, so far my cheeks and arms have thinned out!"

Bex_of_tex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2017

For Birth Control "After a LOT of failed birth control for various reasons, I was put on Zarah. I had a huge nausea and vomiting problem with the last one. And also made me horribly ill before my period. (I forgot the name.) So this is the day of my last active pill my first month on it. This has been a wonder pill for me...until now. No nausea and vomiting, only had two really nauseous days in this last week of active pills. But last night, when I took my second to last pill, my husband tried to cuddle up to me and accidentally lightly pressed across my boobs with his arm and it hurt so much. TOO much. Worse than when I first found out I was pregnant 5 years ago. It's so bad I haven't slept and pain relievers aren't helping."

Batteredrose (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I love this birth control! I previously had the implanon bc in my arm, and it caused really bad acne and I always had really bad cramps even though I didn't have a period. I've been on zarah for about 3 months no and the only complaint is that I get weird cramps occasionally. Other than that my skin is completely clear (and I've struggled with acne for a few years now), my sex drive has actually increased, and I haven't gained any weight. I've always been moody around my period so idk if it's affected that much because it's always different. Overall I definitely recommend!!"

pep7617 August 1, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 6 months now and love it. It cleared up my acne and my boobs have gotten so much bigger. I haven't had any weight gain. The only downside is I feel like it makes me somewhat depressed, but I am on depression meds and have been for years, so I don't see that being a problem. My boyfriend and I have regular sex and he doesn't pull out, and I'm not pregnant. So the effectiveness of this is 10/10. Would highly recommend :) I don't have insurance yet and I pay $60 out of pocket for it each month. It would be a lot less if you had insurance, probably around $10 a month."

Kathy-ryn July 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Zarah for about 6 months now, after switching from another pill. The good things I like about Zarah are that my acne has cleared up and I don't have any super crazy side effects....however my period lasts for about 6-7 days and it's very heavy the whole time...this is the worst my period has ever been. I also get a migraine for about 3 days straight when I get my period. Definitely thinking about switching because the 6-7 day period seriously sucks!!"

sbishhh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Zarah for about 2 weeks now. My doctor switched me to Zarah after my last birth control (the generic form of Yaz) gave me bad spotting. So far I've had no problems with Zarah. No spotting, cramps, weight gain, or emotional changes. My skin is clear and I'm no longer constantly in pain like I was before I started Zarah. I'm so happy my doctor had me change birth control pills."

Mari42 June 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I just started my 2nd month of Zarah. I switched to this one because my precious BC was causing spotting. This is by far the worst birth control I've ever taken. I've been having severe mood swings and crying spells, which never happened before. I cannot take it anymore."

Stephner (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I've only been on zarah for almost 2 weeks. I know, that is not long enough, but, I have noticed I become nauseous here and there. My mood changes frequently too. I never had these problems with other birth controls"

bentley1991 May 24, 2017

For Birth Control "Love this birth control. I was on ocella before and had to switch due to the pharmacy not carrying Ocella. My skin is clear with no crazy mood swings and no weight gain. My period is still 5 days the first two days are horrible. The cramping is the same, but I don't get PMS .This birth control is great if you are battling acne and PMS. It's totally effective. I have only been on it 4 months and I love it."

Jenwok May 23, 2017

For Birth Control "I am on my second pack of zarah and I started taking the pill because of my acne. My family says my acne has gotten a little better but I don't see much of a difference. Some side effects I found are that I am extremely unmotivated and tired. Being an elite athlete I am struggling with exercising and just want to sleep all day. I also only crave junk food. This may be mental but I usually love fruits and vegetables but I feel like throwing up just thinking about eating them. I hope I can snap out of it and get back to my life."

Paytonnn May 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this medication in an attempt to clear my moderate hormonal acne. Unlike others, I did not have an initial breakout, in fact my skin started to clear up immediately as I began taking it. I am now on my second month in and other than my skin clearing up I have not experienced any other side effects. I highly recommend this birth control and have only positive things to say about it. Not only did it help improve my self esteem and acne but it has also regulated my periods."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I was never on any birth control before I started Zarah. I waited until I was 23 to lose my virginity and had long since been thinking of getting on something. Myself and my boyfriend aren't the biggest fans of condoms. I had irregular periods, sometimes they showed up late or every 3 weeks instead of 4, the periods lasting no less than 5 days and going up to 8 days. When I started the Zarah, I was a little extra hormonal for good reason but was okay and all good by the 2nd month. My periods from then on were every 4 weeks and I couldn't have asked for more. At the moment, I recently stopped taking the pill and got on a longer form of birth control. I used the pill for nearly 3 years with little to no problems, just never forget a pill"

AbCdEfGhIjKlMnOpQrStUvWxYz2010 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I switched from Lutera to Zarah because I developed PMDD and was constantly enraged and snapping on all my friends, boyfriend, and family the few days before my period. Zarah has drospirenone as its progesterone and is proven to help calm some of the effects of PMDD and other anxiety. I am so grateful for this birth control! I'm not pregnant either, my breasts went up to a 32DD, and my acne is slightly better than it was before."

olivestaff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

For Birth Control "Was originally on TriNessa and hated it; Tri made me extremely emotional and I started breaking out in cysts. Been on Zarah for a little over a month and all of my cysts are gone. My old acne scars are clearing up and my emotions are very stable now. Sarah's packaging is cute (as if that matters, lol) and it's super easy to use. Although everyone reacts differently, Zarah was perfect for me and I recommend it to everyone."

Viva111 January 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm not one to typically give reviews but after my experience on Zarah, I decided I'd like to. The only nice this about Zarah was yes, it may have helped prevent pregnancy, Yes it may have made my breasts grow, BUT some of the negatives outweighs the positives. While on Zarah, I had uncontrollable mood swings and depression. I reached a point where the lowest or low. That's when I realized that the Zarah pill is what made me go "psyco". Just personally, I'd never recommend it to anyone."

Madinoel December 1, 2016

For Birth Control "The only good things about Zarah 28, was that it helped me not get pregnant, my acne cleared up slightly and my boobs grew. But every since I started the birth control my emotions have been out of control and I haven't felt like my true self. I gained 20 pounds, my sex drive decreased significantly and I've felt depressed ever since. The only way to express any of my emotions anymore is to cry, and it drives me insane! I do not recommend this drug and I have recently decided to quit the drug and not switch to a new birth control to see if I become the happy person I used to be. I will post a new review after a few months of stopping the drug and talk about results."

annie_marie_22 October 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely love Zarah. I've been taking it well over a year now. Never gained weight, cleared up my acne so much, great 3-4 day period. I switched to ocello for about one month (not by choice) and I absolutely hated it. Ocello made me super moody and anxious. Zarah almost keeps me in check. Personally every female is different and I would ask a doctor instead of reading reviews!"

Lisaaert October 22, 2016