User Reviews for Zarah

Birth Control 60 reviews 296 medications

6.4
Summary of Zarah reviews 60 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Zarah

For Birth Control "I was never on any birth control before I started Zarah. I waited until I was 23 to lose my virginity and had long since been thinking of getting on something. Myself and my boyfriend aren't the biggest fans of condoms. I had irregular periods, sometimes they showed up late or every 3 weeks instead of 4, the periods lasting no less than 5 days and going up to 8 days. When I started the Zarah, I was a little extra hormonal for good reason but was okay and all good by the 2nd month. My periods from then on were every 4 weeks and I couldn't have asked for more. At the moment, I recently stopped taking the pill and got on a longer form of birth control. I used the pill for nearly 3 years with little to no problems, just never forget a pill"

AbCdEfGhIjKlMnOpQrStUvWxYz2010 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched from Lutera to Zarah because I developed PMDD and was constantly enraged and snapping on all my friends, boyfriend, and family the few days before my period. Zarah has drospirenone as its progesterone and is proven to help calm some of the effects of PMDD and other anxiety. I am so grateful for this birth control! I'm not pregnant either, my breasts went up to a 32DD, and my acne is slightly better than it was before."

olivestaff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Was originally on TriNessa and hated it; Tri made me extremely emotional and I started breaking out in cysts. Been on Zarah for a little over a month and all of my cysts are gone. My old acne scars are clearing up and my emotions are very stable now. Sarah's packaging is cute (as if that matters, lol) and it's super easy to use. Although everyone reacts differently, Zarah was perfect for me and I recommend it to everyone."

Viva111 January 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm not one to typically give reviews but after my experience on Zarah, I decided I'd like to. The only nice this about Zarah was yes, it may have helped prevent pregnancy, Yes it may have made my breasts grow, BUT some of the negatives outweighs the positives. While on Zarah, I had uncontrollable mood swings and depression. I reached a point where the lowest or low. That's when I realized that the Zarah pill is what made me go "psyco". Just personally, I'd never recommend it to anyone."

Madinoel December 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The only good things about Zarah 28, was that it helped me not get pregnant, my acne cleared up slightly and my boobs grew. But every since I started the birth control my emotions have been out of control and I haven't felt like my true self. I gained 20 pounds, my sex drive decreased significantly and I've felt depressed ever since. The only way to express any of my emotions anymore is to cry, and it drives me insane! I do not recommend this drug and I have recently decided to quit the drug and not switch to a new birth control to see if I become the happy person I used to be. I will post a new review after a few months of stopping the drug and talk about results."

annie_marie_22 October 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I absolutely love Zarah. I've been taking it well over a year now. Never gained weight, cleared up my acne so much, great 3-4 day period. I switched to ocello for about one month (not by choice) and I absolutely hated it. Ocello made me super moody and anxious. Zarah almost keeps me in check. Personally every female is different and I would ask a doctor instead of reading reviews!"

Lisaaert October 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Worst experience of an entire 4 weeks! This was the first time I took an oral contraceptive and I regret it. I've had terrible mood swings. One minute I'm fine, then the next I'm arguing and angry with everyone and everything. I've also gained weight. Sex life hasn't been disrupted, however being deeply depressed ruins it anyways. I'm usually happy and alert, however on Zarah I've been tires and sleepy. Can't wait to finally stop this and try another brand."

Adellllll (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Omg I have been crying for no reason and angry for the last 2 weeks. Was thinking I may need some meds for depression then back tracked what changed 2 weeks ago and boom changed my birth control from Yasmin to Zarah. I decided to read reviews online & am I happy I did. I cannot wait until this month is over or I may consider stopping before the month end."

Very Emotional September 14, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I usually use Ocella (been using for 4 years) and switched to Zarah for my vacation because the pharmacy was out, but wow, it triggered huge mood swings and a deep depression the 2nd week in, By the 3rd week, I was crying every morning and feeling in a slump for hours on end. It was sporadic, like on and off, sometimes I'd feel fine and then I'd feel horrible again in a few hours. Yikes."

Fatchamy September 7, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I use Zarah for my acne cause I have bad acne I started 2 months ago and it cleared my acne up it's just that now I have a few breakouts now and then and some scars from before. I think this product is really helpful for acne, it works on some people like me and people are not the same so it might or might not work for you."

KATalex August 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Well I've been on Zarah about three months. I hate it. I've always been a happy person but lately I look in the mirror and cry all if the time. I gained 15 pounds, have horrible anxiety about stupid things, and cry on the drop of a dime. It is effective in preventing pregnancy, and I have not had a low sex drive like some others. Overall, I am super displeased and I can't wait to switch."

Criestoomuch (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have only been on this a month. I am one of the several of you ladies who are going thru the antagonizing trial and error for the "perfect" birth control. Zarah seemed perfectly fine when it came to controlling my mood swings and not getting me prego! BUT, I have gained weight, and on my period week my flow was very heavy and crampy, plus it lasted the whole 7 days....eww, I am not used to that. I also did take note of how it effected my sex life. I still wanted sex, but noticed I had a very hard time trying to orgasm. sorry if that's too much info but I personally like knowing how the birth control effects my sex life. I hope some of this info helps. don't give up ladies!"

Br33zybaby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "zarah was my first form of birth control. ive been on it for about 4 months and it's been pretty only a bad expirence. I've became very depressed and anxious. I am naturally fairly moody... but this has been terrible. It made me think my boyfriend was a monster. I would yell at him and in my head I. would blame all my depression on him and "how he treated me" which was fine. it the pill made me thing otherwise. it did clear up my skin and I've actually lost weight... but not worth it because my mental health is so poor. I'm very very sad and emotional ALL the time. it's not only sometime. I need to make a switch soon to a different one. don't recommend because of how I feel about myself and others. makes you very depressed can't stress it"

Marisasmith145 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Zarah for about a year and for me it has done wonders. I suffered from acne to the point that on some days I wouldn't leave my house. My acne is completely gone and my skin is glowing. It's hard for me to forget to take it because once I look in the mirror and see the glow of my skin, I'm automatically reminded. I also suffered from severe cramping to the point of fainting and vomiting before bc and I have not experienced any cramping since I started taking Zarah. My period does however still last 5-7 days but it is very light which makes it nearly unnoticeable. My period is also regulated and always comes on schedule. I recommend it for anyone with skin conditions, irregular periods and bad cramping."

TeeGeePee June 25, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've been on, I mostly used it for acne at first. For the first 1 month it was fine then after that I started getting nauseous a few hours after taking the pill. Then the 3rd month I would get really nauseous that I would almost throw up and this was happening a few days a week and I missed to much school, so I finally stopped taking it. But besides being super nausea all the time I had moodswings, did nothing for my acne, bad cramps, and anxiety. The only good thing is was that it regulated my period."

Britneyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Acne totally gone... its amazing"

Ascfglo9934 April 23, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control since I was 16 years old (I'm now 27). I have never had any problems with it. When I first started taking it my boobs grew by 2 cup sizes in a short period of time but that could have been coincidence. I very rarely have acne and I haven't experience any mood swings or loss in libido. I do ocassionally have breakthrough bleeding, but that's to be expected with any kind of hormonal birth control."

Kaitmag April 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I began Zarah when I kept having spotting while taking zovia. This pill might as well be called demonic possession. It was a living nightmare. My boobs got bigger but could barely be touched because they were so swollen and painful. The week I was on my period they stopped hurting and that was really the only time I was happy in my life. On. My. Period. But besides the breast tenderness I felt nauseous, tired, I would randomly vomit after meals, I had no control over my bladder. I once had to pee outside of a gas station because I could wait to walk inside and get the restroom key. I was the most moody irritable grumpy person I have ever been in my life. I almost dropped my sorority, ruined my relationship with my boyfriend. I once got angry because my boyfriend was trying to give me a back massage and I "didn't understand why he had to be touching me all the time". I also couldn't have sex for longer than 5 minutes because I would get dry. Low libido, low tolerance for any person in my life. Even the people I liked, started becoming the people I hated. At a Buffalo Wild Wings I practically threw a fit at the waiter because "the mild wings were too spicy". He timidly came back to let me try a new sauce before they made a new batch. I ended up not eating the wings I was so pissed of. I haven't been to a Buffalo Wild Wings since. Today is my first day on a new pill and I'm hoping this time it will be a different experience."

Angry Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've taken this for about four years and no problem. Recently I have forgotten to take it for like 3days and spotting does arrive, other than that I highly recommend. #teamzarah I'm 34 if that helps, but hey all bodies are different."

Zarah bc taker lol (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was put on Zarah because I needed a low dosage pill, after being on Loestrin that made me sick. I have been taking it for 2 years, now all of a sudden I'm having breakthrough bleeding out of nowhere like I just started the pill"

Anonymous March 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Zarah for about eighteen months, and I didn't get pregnant so I'd say it's effective :) Unfortunately, I've finally decided it's not the right solution for me. I felt AMAZING for the first month on it, but since then I've been on a steady decline and I just couldn't even think about taking it anymore after last month. Side effects have included muscle twitches, extreme fatigue (I've ALWAYS been a 4-6 hours/night kind of person but on the pill I need 12 hours- it's crazy), massive spontaneous hematomas, depressive episodes, shortness of breath, difficulty maintaining/developing muscle (I'm very athletic ordinarily so this was not cool) and generally depressed mood. Not worth it for me."

Still Searching (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 29, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took this particular kind of birth control because it is suppose to be similar to Yasmin and my health providers covered it at no cost. I suffer with mild acne and zarah made it worse. The only time my skin would clear was during the off week I wasn't taking. I also think zarah may be the cause of gaining around 10 pounds. I tried zarah for about 4 months and saw no improvements."

Lee1616 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Worse birth control ever! I had breast tenderness, vaginal dryness, 0 to none sex drive, mood swings, and weight gain. I was on this pill for 1 year before I thought it was ruining my relationship with my husband because I had no libido what so ever and vaginal dryness. I experienced dry skin as well. My periods were long 7-8 days /regular. I am now on a new pill lo lolestrin fe I think it's called and noticed a significant improvement. No breast swelling, no long periods, happier moods, not as angry or tired and have regained my libido ..I think even more than before I started taking birth control. It's amazing! . Just in case someone has the same side affects as me on zarah"

ani7821689 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the absolute worst birth control you could possibly take. I was on Ocella for one month before I had to switch pharmacies due to my new insurance and Ocella was fine. Once I started on Zarah, I had constant anxiety/palpitations. It got so bad to the point that I was seeing my doctor and thinking that I had a heart problem (had an echo done, normal). This birth control literally made me feel like I was going crazy and that I had all kinds of health problems. It made my left hand tingle, and I was also constantly exhausted to the point where I was almost sleeping 20 hours a day. OH and my blood pressure sky rocketed. Went off this birth control and got the Skyla IUD. I didn't get pregnant on this BC which is literally THE only good thing"

NOOO (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control when I was a teenager and felt great. I had since been diagnosed with endometriosis and had to stop birth control for treatment. When I finished the 6 month treatment I had to start birth control again. I tried a bunch of different birth control pills to try to minimize bleeding and pain. I had issues with acne, depression and anxiety, weight loss, breakthrough bleeding, severe cramping, painful sex, and a million other things. I asked to be put back on Zarah and should have done it years ago. My skin is completely clear, I have no depression and anxiety, it did not change my weight, there is no breakthrough bleeding, severe cramping, or painful sex. I feel 10x better than being on no birth control. The best!!!"

JO38792793 December 1, 2015