User Reviews for Dorzolamide/timolol ophthalmic

Also known as: Cosopt, Cosopt PF

Glaucoma, Open Angle
4.2

Sue · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2021

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Eyedrops burn”

Vee January 22, 2021

Cosopt PF (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “For starters, my eyes were better with the old co-opt. The Cosopt PF is not lowering my pressure. My eyes are overly sensitive to light. The vial they come in are poorly designed. When twisting off the flange/top, I have lots of spillage and may get one drop out of each vial. My eyes burn a lot and I have to use a warm compress. The older Cosopt drops in the hard plastic bottle were better for my eye than the PF drops. The cost is unreal for those on fixed incomes. 30 year glaucoma and 17 eye surgeries. I can still drive. Have problems with dark colors and reading shiny print material and smaller fonts.”

Heddy April 29, 2020

Cosopt (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I Started using Cosopt 2x daily and after a few days I experienced really bad chest pain/ spasms, digestive pains/discomfort and itchy eyes but I continued use and after a few more days the discomfort seemed to improve and I felt like my normal self. 1 month later when I opened a NEW package, on the 3rd or 4th I started having chest pain/spasms, upper and lower back discomfort, anxiety, depression and I was extremely emotional to the point of tears. I stopped the drops for a few days and the symptoms improved.! I’ll restart the drops and see what happens and I will definitely inform my doctor. Not sure if it’s effective I’ll see the doctor in a few weeks for pressure check. ”

JeannieE July 22, 2017

Cosopt (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I was allergic to Dorzolamide which made my eye's itch and redden all around the eyelids, Dr. changed me to Cosopt that has no additives and the itching and redness left! I use them daily with no problem for Glaucoma :-)”

Cocoho · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

Cosopt PF (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Had 2 surgeries since June 2019 because my blebs closed up from previous eye surgeries. I’ve been on cosopt PF since June and am experiencing every side effect imaginable. Nauseousness strikes an hour after application but no vomiting yet. It blurs my eyes. I feel sick all over, flu-like symptoms, I become irritable because I feel so rotten. I start crying and get depressed and it limits me to everyday activities. My personality changes. How can I avoid these side effects. My mother was able to take timolol no problem. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 26, 2017

Cosopt (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have been suffering from bouts of larangytis had bouts this year, had many tests done nothing comes back when I see dr next will mention eye drops as I feel this may b whats causing whatever is wrong worth asking as all tests done show nothing.”

Raina · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Difficult to "stomach " the taste in my nose and mouth after taking the drops. I've been on A LOT of drops (at least 7) and these are the worst experience. It's only been 4 uses and I dread it every time. They burn slightly also but not as bad as Vizalta. Been using drops and had 4 laser surgeries over a 9 year period. Insurance won't cover Lumigan anymore which was working fine. Insurance won't cover name brand Alphagan either so this horribly vile drop was my new prescription to use with the generic Alphagan. 50 year old female”

1srugs February 12, 2015

Cosopt PF (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “STINGS my eye. I am a 73 years old male. I have glaucoma and corneal implants. I also take Alphagan. They seem to work equally well. ”

bea000 · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2015

Cosopt (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I experienced an allergic reaction to Cosopt with a fever and a rash. I have had glaucoma for 15 years.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2017

Cosopt (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “This was the worst drop I tried and I've tried a lot. My doctor didn't ask me if I had any heart problems and I do. it was just a bad situation all around.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2015

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Do not like the side effects - red eye and eye lids, sulfate taste.”

Chest Pain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 20, 2019

Cosopt (dorzolamide / timolol) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I had side effects of coughing, drainage, trouble breathing and chest pains after using Cosopt for several months. Became progressively worse side effects but eye pressure was good.”