User Reviews for D.H.E. 45

Learn more about D.H.E. 45.

Cluster Headaches 3 reviews 35 medications

Migraine 4 reviews 81 medications

7.2
Summary of D.H.E. 45 reviews 7 reviews 8.1

Reviews for D.H.E. 45

For Cluster Headaches "For me with Chronic Cluster Migraines the Dihydroergotamine injections eliminates the migraine within 30 minutes and is best. I also use cold neck pack, keep in the freezer, and Oxygen, I have an oxygen generator set at 6 ml. I used to use Migranal, similar side. Migranal is not covered by Medicare/AARP United Healthcare ($500 retail each),but DHE45 is. Preferred plan appears to have best benefits but still expensive. Instead of 1 ml dose, I cut back to .35 ml and get 3 shots from each ampule, still works great for me. I fill 3 needles and keep available. DHE not available due to manuf shortage (Valient) until Jan, 2017 and they are only supplier. Waiting 2 months will be difficult so I have to ration."

Pwrnapper (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cluster Headaches "Excellent. It worked to break the cycle without many side effects"

Kensi February 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cluster Headaches "Rough side effect profile (nausea, leg cramping, and the injections burn). Have used every day for a couple weeks to shut down a bad cluster. Worked pretty good."

Clusterhead (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I have had migraines for 30 years. In the last year and a half they went from 15 day/month to practically every day. Triptans do not work as an abortive for me. Propananol is the only preventative thus far that has worked - but it stopped working after 4 weeks. My neurologist prescribed DHE in the injectible form. I do not like the little glass vials the DHE comes in, breaking them open, and using the syringe. That said, almost every time I use it, it breaks the migraine. Unfortunately, it does not always last more than 4-6 hours. I can get this at my local CVS (though they don't carry it in stock). I don't notice any side-effects but I generally take a nap afterward to let it do it's thing."

Susan G. October 23, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I've been experiencing migraines for over 30 years. I started injecting DHE 9 days ago and haven't had a single migraine. This hasn't happened since I started getting migraines and I've been on many medications including Botox. I don't expect to never get another migraine but I'm enjoying this time while it lasts. I do believe that the DHE will control my migraines and keep them to a minimum which has never been done before. I normally average 25 migraines a month. If DHE can reduce my migraines to once a week, I'll be thrilled."

Honey17 January 27, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I had several days of DHE IV's, a good try of migraines. A few weeks of injectable DHE and it didn't do a thing for me. I wish it worked for my constant headache. I heard a lot of good things about it."

Anonymous September 9, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I have had severe migraines for years. I finally was put on Topamax about a year ago but that wasn't enough, I still had attacks that kept me from doing anything about 2 times a months. None of the triptans worked so my doctor finally suggested DHE injections. She taught me to give them to myself so I can do them at home and now I can stop a migraine when it starts and not miss work for days on end. If anything I miss one day here and there."

Anonymous March 16, 2009