User Reviews for Natazia to treat Birth Control

Natazia has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 49 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 47% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Natazia Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Natazia

LB · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2019

“I’ve been on this birth control for 6 years and am very happy. I had very painful periods that would cause me to vomit from pain before. Now I have absolutely no period on this pill and love it. I skip the placebo pills and haven’t had a period in years. I do not want to have children so I’m not concerned with any infertility issues. I tried other pills that gave me mood swings, breakouts, and weight gain. This pill actually makes me feel normal -when I’m not on the pill I feel like my appetite is crazy. This pill helps regulate my appetite, helped clear my skin, and I have no periods at all for years. I’m very happy about all of these effects and I will continue to only use Natazia.”

Sara · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 16, 2021

“The pill does what it’s supposed to do, but after a few years of taking this pill I started having very severe migraines with symptoms indistinguishable from ischemic stroke. I do not recommend taking this or any hormonal birth control pill long-term. Upon stopping this pill it took my body about a year to get back to normal hormonally, but the migraines stopped AS SOON AS I stopped taking the pill.”

itzzkelsiee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 7, 2019

“I’ve tried at least 5 different types of birth control & none of them worked, I would gain lots of weight, they made me feel tired & sad. Natazia is a miracle!! I have PCOS & was bleeding for months straight. 9 months straight to be exact. I was tired of it & was finally recommended Natazia. After 6 months on it, my period is finally down to 3 days a month!! My cramps have seem to gotten worse but it’s better than bleeding constantly. Insurance gave me a hard time but after fighting, it’s free & I don’t have to pay $300 a month. I wouldn’t recommend any other birth control other than this one, with no symptoms & little bleeding, I couldn’t be happier!”

College Athlete November 8, 2018

“I began Natazia at 14. I'm 21 so I've been on it 7 years. I have severe endometriosis, which is why I began the pill to treat it and preserve fertility. I've had laproscopy. Natazia made my periods very light and short or often, disappear. Pre-BC I had 12 day periods that were incredibly painful and heavy. Now I rarely bleed more than a day or two, even if I take the placebo. HOWEVER, I believe Natazia has caused incredibly severe and chronic issues for me. Appetite disorders, milia around eyes, severe anxiety, crippling depression, insomnia, exhaustion/tiredness, constant bloating, 10 lbs weight gain, nausea, headaches, nonexistent libido, dull hair, and uneven skin. I am very healthy otherwise as I am a college athlete and eat a plant-based diet. I really am considering stopping BC altogether this is truly unbearable. I'd rather bleed for 12 days than feel this way.”

My Experience January 3, 2020

“Started taking Natazia about 3-4 months ago. At the beginning, I experienced some breakthrough bleeding. My period would sometimes last for longer than seven days (up to 2 wks). In the 3rd month, I experienced debilitating anxiety and what I think is depression ( never been depressed before). What's interesting is that these feelings seemingly came all at once and rather suddenly. Always been anxious but this particular pill has over amplified my anxiety. Had trouble making simple decisions without worrying about and obsessing over the outcome. Traveling, which I do a lot of, became a serious issue which was never an issue before I started. Pros: my periods are lighter, acne has improved. Yet, the anxiety, depression, and even weight gain is not worth it to me. I'm glad that I detected these signs after only taking for a few months. If I opted to stay on them for longer, dealing with the anxiety, depression, and weight gain would have been unbearable.”

ladyA00 August 12, 2016

“I had terrible periods with excruciating pain and HEAVY bleeding. No birth control pill worked. I was depressed every other two weeks. It was a nightmare. I thought maybe I had endo, but a friend suggested Natazia. She had been taking it for a year and her symptoms went away. I asked for it, and my life changed. I tell people that Natazia healed me - no period symptoms, no mood swings, no migraines, no pain! The fact that it's not one does of hormones for one month makes so much sense - why did it take so long for them to develop this! It has different levels of hormones for each part of your cycle, giving you what you need or don't need! Dont give up if you don't see changes immediately- give it at least 3 mos!”

Em0873 November 4, 2018

“I just started the first month on this pill. I was really anxious starting BC again because I had HORRIBLE experiences with other kinds of pills, including ortho-Cyclin, ortho-tri-Cyclin, Sprintec, etc. all of those pills made me feel constantly on edge and extremely nauseous. I was told to wait it out and suffered for 9 months with nausea and panic attacks almost every day and my skin and periods didn’t even improve. This is the first pill I have taken that I haven’t experienced any side effects! I’ve only been taking it for 2 weeks, but with the others I could tell within a few days. I think this pill is better since the kind of estrogen in it is converted into your “natural” estrogen in your body, plus the dosing increases so gradually the first week. The only downside is that I started to spot for a few days if I’m late by even a few hours, so I have to make sure I take it at the exact same time each day.”

lost please advise March 11, 2016

“I had a tough time with my periods since day 1. Always excruciatingly painful, bloating, vomiting, heavy and lengthy 9+days. I had to miss a lot of school and later on had to miss a lot of work. Quality of life was very poor. I always had to plan my life around when my period would be coming because I knew all plans would have to be cancelled. Natazia changed all of that. I have been taking it for 5 years now and these days my periods are super light for 2 days with no pain. Cons.... since I've been on this pill ive noticed my vision has gotten progressively worse, I am moody, I have gained about 10 lbs per year that no amount of diet and exercise seems to be able to fix and finally I have NOsex drive, putting a strain on my relationship”

Annelise Gaff September 12, 2016

“Awful experience. Took Natazia for 5 days and became so depressed and anxious. I would start crying for no reason and have serious mood swings and feel very irritable/annoyed at everyone around me. My vision became very blurry and my eyes were more dry than normal (I have contact lenses). I was nauseous most days and felt very bloated. My migraines came back full force. I do not recommend this pill at all.”

Anonymous July 28, 2013

“I have been on Natazia for almost 2 years. For about a year and half I haven't really had a period. Some months its absolutely nothing at all. Occasionally I spot. Last year I told the Gyno she said its nothing to worry about. My skin doesn't break out on this pill. I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, My skin was terrible. I have gained a lot of weight since on this pill but the clear skin and no period is kind of worth it. I use to get terrible cramps and bleed a lot. Hope this is helpful.”

txmere March 25, 2011

“After Triphasil was removed from the market several years ago, I struggled to find a pill that worked for me. I tried Trivora and Lo-Ovral but my libido completely left me, and I had horrible mood swings most of the month. Eventually, I got off the pill all together. After 3 years off the pill, I needed to get back on because of bad cramps, and my doctor suggested Natazia. It has been 5 months now, and I am thrilled with the results. The first 2 months, I did not have a real period, just some spotting, but now I seem to have leveled out into a predictable cycle. I have a few days of spotting 1 week before the inert pills, then I have a period that literally lasts only a day. No cramps, minimal breast tenderness, and I feel like myself.”

Anonymus · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“No side effects, like other pills I've been on. The downside, decrease libido, very dry/painful intercourse and having my period for 8-9 days. They are very light compared to my periods when I was not on the pill for 4 years. Debating if the no side effects outweighs the cons.”

Agnes11 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 13, 2018

“I switched between 8 different BC pills for 3 years 8 years ago and have been on this one ever since I found it. My periods used to be never ending. They would start heavy and last for weeks to months with only a week or two as a break from the bleeding. My iron and potassium levels were out of control and we were looking for a BC pill that would help control my body's apparent addiction. Natazia was it. I never once had any issue with it. No depression, anxiety, headaches, light head, etc. My insurance without warning decided to not cover the 200-300$ medication over the summer and I had to petition them with several of my doctors to get them to continue to cover it for me. It turns out that most insurance companies looked through all the Natazia reviews and decided that the majority of people taking it feel that it doesn't help them. But I feel like if it doesn't help you, you are obviously going to come off it and try something new.”

vic1004 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2015

“I have been on Natazia for almost 2 months. I love it. I switched from being on Yasmin for 3 years. Natazia is a life-changer! My periods are amazing (if periods could be) and I've lost the weight I struggled to lose on Yasmin.”

Azzzz December 27, 2010

“Have been on 3 other pills before Natazia (Microgynon 30, Marvelon, and Brevinor). Had many many symptoms with these pills including constant breakthrough bleeding, nausea, vomiting, headaches, increased appetite, bad moods. I thought I would be one of those women who couldn't go on the pill at all. Then I tried this pill (having heard its more "natural" and a four-phase pill) and I cannot believe that I haven't even had any symptoms at all. Nothing, AT ALL! I would seriously recommend this pill if you have had problems with other pills especially regarding breakthrough bleeding.”

kellsbells · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2014

“This is my 3rd birth control pill. I've always had long periods (7-9 days) and after my last pill gave me mood swings, NO sex drive, and still long periods with spotting between periods; this pill has fixed all that. My periods are barely 3 days and I have no spotting between periods, which is the best part. Well, that and the fact that it works to prevent pregnancy in 2 ways.”

Anonymous November 7, 2010

“I have been using this pill since September. It is my first time using birth control pills. I am 30 with a beautiful son and my husband does not want any more kids. I spot most of the month. In October, I spotted the first week and a half. Then I began spotting again the last week. This is too much. I did not like being on my period before the pill and it was regular then. I have also had a break out in my face. I did not have acne this bad when I was a teenager. I am not sure if this pill is for me. If things do not change this month I will have to find another pill to try.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2012

“For someone who has been on 7 different birth control pills, I'm pleased with Natazia. I have had side effects all the way from vomiting/nausea to water retention and mood swings on other pills. I have noticed NO side effects on Natazia thus far; I have been on it for 2 months. I am giving my positive experience on Natazia because I think it's needed. Hopefully it will help others not to prejudge it. Give it a try. And if you're looking for a pill that gives you virtually no period, this will do it!”

Quita85 April 10, 2015

“I was put on Natazia by my Ob about a month ago to stop the growth of my ovarian cyst, heavy periods, & cramping. I did notice I was a bit moody, but it shrank one cyst to half it size. I lost 10lbs in the first month. It lightened my cycle the first four days, but it's day 10 with no end in sight. I decided to stay on it for my cyst though.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2016

“I was started on this pill over 2 and a half years ago. I had tried a lot of different BC pills and read about Natazia online and asked my obgyn if I could go on it. This has been THE best bc pill I've been on! I rarely have periods if any and don't have any side effects.”

Anonymous September 8, 2011

“This pill didn't give me any of the listed side effects, and my periods were only about 2-3 days (which is very short for me, loved that). If that was all, I would give it a 10, HOWEVER, it completely killed my ability to get aroused (wet), my libido was there and I was very into the intimate moments, but I was very dry ....unlike me. It also made my skin and scalp very dry too, it's like it sucked all the moisture out of my body. I switched to a different pill and the dryness problems went away in about a week. Definitely not the right birth control pill for me.”

Anonymous August 11, 2012

“I used Natazia for 2 years. I was with my boyfriend when I decided to use it. He noticed my moods improve and more stable PMS. Only got period 2 days, when I was used to get it for a week.. really light. I was less anxious, and didn't gain much weight. I actually lost weight on the pill with an exercise schedule. Breast enlargement was extreme. I went from a 34C to a 32DD --not right away, but within the 2 years. The enlargement was unbearable. I've been off of it for a month and I got my period back in 31 days. Everything went back to the way it was before, weight still staying off so far.”

sadiee January 9, 2014

“I've been on this for 3 months. I experience heavy bleeding and bad cramping always on the 3rd week of the pill. I have bad headaches every day. I'm a healthy eater, non smoker and workout 3-4 days a week. Going to the doctor tomorrow!”

TiffanyMe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2012

“I first started birth control at 27 when I was going to get married and needed it not only for birth control, but also so I wouldn't be on my period for my honeymoon. I have been super pleased. I used to have HORRIBLE periods. I would have to wear a nightime/Ultra Super Tampon AND a heavy flow pad.”

BH · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2019

“I started taking this birth control after experiencing bad PMS, heavy bleeding, and weight gain with my previous BC pills. The first few months were great. My PMS symptoms were barely noticeable and I was able to lose 20lbs over 4 months. But then I started getting my period a week before I was supposed to and it would last 7 days or more. After about 8 months the heavy bleeding and cramps came back. After 1 year I went in for my annual pap and it turned out I had fibroids on/in my uterus and an ovarian cyst. I have never had those issues before. I was told estrogen can 'feed' the fibroids causing them to grow and that can cause the heavy bleeding. Anyway, I got off this pill and decided to get my tubes tied since I do not want more children.”