User Reviews for Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Also known as: Giltuss, Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough, Tussin CF, Robitussin Multi-Symptom Cold CF, Tusicof, Deconex DMX, Zotex, Robitussin Children's Cough & Cold CF, Mucinex Children's Congestion & Cough, Broncotron Ped, Nortuss-DE, G-Tusicof, Pres Gen, Dexcon-DM, Despec DM Syrup, DuraMAX, Giltuss TR, Desgen, Desgen DM, Tusslin, Tusso-DMR, Pres Gen Pediatric, Duraphen DM, Sinutuss DM, Zotex Pediatric, Tussidex, Relhist DMX, Broncotron-D, Supress-DX, G-Supress DX, Tussi-Pres, G-Tron Ped, Tussi-Pres Pediatric, Giltuss Pediatrics, Tussafed-EX, GDP-EX, TriTuss, TriTuss-ER, Tussafed-EX Drops, Certuss-D (old formulation), Dynatuss EX, Dacex-PE, Anextuss, Dexcon-PE, Zotex LAX, Dacex-DM, Duraphen II DM, Duraphen Forte, Maxiphen DM, G-Phen DM, Phlemex Forte, Phlemex-PE, Guaphen Forte, Guaphen II DM, Endacon, Z-Dex, Robafen CF, Tusso-XR, Execof ER, Tusso-DM, Ambi 40/1000/60, Maxiphen-G DM, Z-tuss DM, Deconex DM, PDM GG, ExeTuss-DM, Mucinex Children's Multi-Symptom Cold, VanaTab DM, Despec NR Drops, Endacon DM, Q-Tussin CF, Robitussin Multi-Symptom Cold CF Maximum Strength, Mucinex Fast-Max Day Time Severe Congestion & Cough, Mucinex Children's Day Time Multi-Symptom Cold, Duravent DM, Zotex-EX, Nivanex DMX …show all brand names

Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine Rating Summary

4.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 299 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine

Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine): "I took the syrup version because I had been coughing up mucus in my lungs for about a week. Previously, I took Vicks Nyquil, but after using 24 oz, I thought that was a safer alternative. After 3 hours of taking a 15 mL dosage (the dosage cup was broken - had to use the Nyquil measuring cup which says 15 mL and 30 mL), which is 5 mL less than the recommended dosage, I was getting a fever, had trouble urinating, vomited, and had diarrhea at the same time. I did the same thing last night, but I ended up just not getting any sleep from being nauseous. I wish I had read the warning on the product that said, "do not take if your cough is phlegmy", but you know how it is with medication, the retailers keep it so well packaged that you have to take it home and read the warnings after popping down $20 to purchase it. I am going back to Nyquil for $10 in the future, but will let this cough subside first."

Ty2 February 1, 2018

Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine): "I am quite disappointed in Mucinex Fast Max . Quite expensive and it does not work for me. I started taking it yesterday morning and I am still coughing with massive spurts of coughing. I do not recommend this product especially at the high cost , $17 that I paid for it. It seems to be wasted money and I still am coughing."

Tevarado December 22, 2017

Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine): "Sunday I took Advil because I felt run down, achy body, and runny nose. Today which is Monday October 23, I woke up to runny nose, ear and body ache, swelled and achy throat, breathing issues because I have one lung, run down, and headache. I saw doctor and got prescription of nasal spray. She told me because of the pressure of my nose, that's why my earaches. Also, the drainage of my nose is why my throat hurts. But she felt my pressure points and they were swelled. Wtheck. She said to get Mucinex DM and Advil over the counter. The Mucinex DM Maximum strength 12 hour, extended release 28 pills works GREAT! I've used this and Mucine Sinus max Congest.relief 16 liquid gel in the last few years! This medication is worth spending money on!"

PABurtless (taken for 10 years or more) October 24, 2017

Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine): "Took it an hour ago. Now I'm drowsy but also heart racing and shaky and nauseous ... so 3 more hours of this, and i have to get my kids off the bus. Never again will I take this. Did wonders for my cold but these side effects aren't even worth it...."

Nicole52019 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine): "This medicine works great. I had mild diarreah as a side effect, but my annoying mucus cough was relieved."

LL97 March 16, 2016

Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine): "I took two tablets at 9am yesterday, followed by about 5-6 bottles of water. Sure the congestion and cold went away significantly, but I could not sleep til about 430am! I work a 12 hour shift, and had to call out from work. Needless to say, this medicine is going in the garbage. Heart palpitations, anxiety and insomnia!"

VanessaT (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016