User Reviews for Ozurdex

Ozurdex has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 56% of those users who reviewed Ozurdex reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Macular Edema
Uveitis, Posterior
10.0
Summary of Ozurdex reviews 6.9 7 reviews

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2020

For Diabetic Macular Edema: “Do not use this product. Lost most of my vision from it. Dangerous. Beware.”

Kbumga · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 26, 2020

For Uveitis, Posterior: “I have had posterior uveitis and custodies macular edema for about 8 years. My vision was very blurry and lines of text had Wavy hard to read areas. I had cornea cloudiness also. About 3 months after an endothelial corneal implant, I got my first Ozurdex implant. I now can see and read so much better and my vision has improved immensely. I get an ozurdex every 3 months.”

Spirit September 16, 2019

For Macular Edema: “After cataract surgery about two years ago I developed Macula Edema that so far doesn't go away. For treatment, about once every 3 months my doctor injects Ozurdex into each eye. Everything is good with this drug for about another 3 months, then again the macula edema returns and I need the Ozurdex injection again in each eye.”

kunu June 4, 2017

For Macular Edema: “After operation of retina detachment and removal of silicon oil my wife had been injected with two injections in her eye viz. Avastin Inj twice. But the situation did not improve. Doctor advised to give ozurdex injection. She was given one ozurdex injection. After giving ozurdex injection the cornea started eroding. She first faced with conjuctivities and redness in her eye after two months of this injection. She is now having a blurred vision/hazzy and cornea erosion and it is deteriorating and having redness and irritation in her eyes. This ozurdex injection is useless and not reliable. This destroyed our hope and life.”

Tina · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2018

For Macular Edema: “I had the Ozurdex Implant two weeks ago. Everything has gone well so far. My eye where the injection was given did hemorrhage (the redness lasted about 1 week); however, there was no pain associated with it. My eye is back to normal with no symptoms. Today, I saw my opthamalogist (sp) and my eye pressure was elevated but still within normal limits. He and my retina specialist will be monitoring me pretty closely. So far I have no complaints.”

Sunny · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 1, 2018

“I had my first Ozurdex implant on the very first day it was approved by the FDA. I have had 39 treatments. This was needed because of a central retinal vein occlusion. I also needed an Ahmed Valve because of high pressure in that eye. Ozurdex is perfect option for my case. No problems.”

Deb · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 30, 2019

For Uveitis: “The injection is a lifesaver for my anterior uveitis, had been on prednisone drops for years.So thankful this eye shot is available.”

Damon · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2019

“Rapid formation of cataract after only 2 injections. Very expensive to have the cataract surgery. Vision still a mess. Do NOT let your Dr. use this product.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 12, 2017

For Uveitis: “Best thing ever”