User Reviews for Velivet

Learn more about Velivet.

Birth Control 22 reviews 292 medications

5.5
Summary of Velivet reviews 22 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Velivet

For Birth Control "After trying four other types with horrible side effects, Velivet was a welcome improvement. First month was a bit moody and had spotting but after that my very irregular period (weeks off) became regular almost to the hour. I did not gain weight and have minimal decreased appetite. Doesn't seem to have a strong effect on my sex drive either way. Almost entirely cleared up my acne outside of a touch right before I get my period. Horrible cramps that would me bed ridden are mostly gone. Just have moderate cramps for 24 hours after first getting my period. Period only lasts 3-4 days now compared to 5-7 before."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 2 months. I don't have cramps anymore. Thank goodness! My appetite is smaller. Breasts have stayed the same size and thats fine by me. My period is now 6-7 days (used to be 3-4 days when I wasn't on birth control). No babies though. I do notice that I get more headaches. Im not sure if its from the pill because I've been more active and the sun in FL is strong."

Bumblebee19 June 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about six months now and it's by far the best one I've ever taken. It definitely does the job, no babies and lighter periods, the first month was hard, depressed and low sex drive but those symptoms have gone now. I started the pack on the first day after my period, it has completely cleared up any acne, my boobs have gone up a size and I feel I've lost some weight due to a lack of appetite. I think if u can get through the first month without any serious problems this medication should work out fine for u. My only issue I would say is some months my period is a few days off."

KJ107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this product for years so I dont know if the effects are from the pill or just me personally. It does the job; regular, lighter periods and no babies. But I never want to have sex. I thought something was wrong with until I lost my script. Also about 48 hours of PMS but that's it."

ouchy222222 April 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on three different kinds of birth control. I used this one twice in the past and had horrible experiences. This pill gave me awful depression from the first day of use (both instances). I could only stay on it three weeks the first try, and one night the second. If you are someone with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or similar, I would suggest strongly against taking this oral contraceptive. It gave me suicidal thoughts that followed into my dreams. Traumatizing experience. If I could rate it lower, I would."

svalentine July 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 25 have tried about 5 different types birth control pills. I was on Velivet for about 8 months. I know every one is different but for the last 3-4 months I was on it I was getting 2 full periods per month instead of 1/month. Another down fall was it completely shutdown my sex drive which is fine if you are single and looking to stay out of trouble. The pros of this pill are: kept my acne away and it kept my mood stable no crying or moodiness. Before this pill I was on Sryonx and it turned me into a crying machine. I am now switching to Reclipsen hopefully it helps with reducing my periods to once a month. In conclusion it was not a good enough pill to make me want to stay on it."

MaTorres (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I have used this pill for the last month, and I just started on my second month. I want to say that I started this pill not on the first day of my period, the reason why I wanted to go on the pill was because my period was irregular. I've lost a total of 10 lbs since starting this pill, and I've noticed that my appetite is a lot smaller now than it was before. I've tried other birth control pills and those always made me eat like a monster, but with this pill, I feel a lot better. The first month is pretty brutal. I had a fever the day after I first started the pill, and then I felt sick with stomach pains for the first couple of weeks, but after the first month, I'm feeling a lot better. Note that everyone's body works differently."

karnariz (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "Today marks a month and a week since I've been on this pill. I was on it before and had no problems so when I found out I had ovarian cysts my dr. Put me back on it. My periods have been not as painful and I'm pretty sure my cysts are gone. (Although I haven't had another ultrasound) but I have been nauseous every single damn day. My breasts hurt and I always feel sick. I'm not sure the side effects outweigh the benefits. I'll give it a couple more weeks to let my body adjust to the hormones and update, but this is awful."

fachelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I tried Tri-Nessa for one whole month and it did nothing for me. I still bled like crazy and it was just horrible. I went to my doctor after the trial period with Tri-Nessa was up and let her know I wasn't satisfied SO she changed me to Velivet. I kid you not after 2 days my unstoppable hemorrhaging stopped!! After 6 months of constant blood & discomfort this pill stopped it. The 1st month that I was on my period after the Velivet was very painful. There was constant lower abdominal and lower back pain. I endured it and I've been loving it ever since. For me it does the opposite I have a regular libido sometimes a bit high lol. I've noticed that I'm more emotional and the week before my period I do get grouchy but overall I'm so thankful."

loveliepeaches (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been using this since I was 13 or 14 because my periods were SO irregular and it has helped tremendously with that. I wasn't sexually active until earlier this year and I haven't gotten pregnant so far, so that's good! My cramps are manageable and kind of bad sometimes but I try not to take pain killers. Before I was sexually active I had little to no cramps, but I guess sex changes your hormones and stuff. I'm not moody until my period comes which is pretty normal I think. I feel sad that it has such a poor rating on here, so maybe this will give a little balance. I gave it a 9/10 and not a 10/10 because I now get cramps and a little moody, but it's worked really well for me."

HeyGinger November 5, 2014

For Birth Control "It has worked great for preventing pregnancy, but has it's downfalls. It has increased my migraines greatly and also has lowered my sex drive. I have also noticed since taking it I have been less happy and occasionally a lot more moody."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2014

For Birth Control "One month into the pill I fell deeply into depression. Also, I started the pill with the first day method (on the first day of my period) causing me to spot for the whole 2 months of taking the pill. After taking a break from the pill after the second month I started to recover from the depression. Giving it another try I started the pill once again but instead this time after my period ended solving the spotting issue, but I notice that after the first month of taking the pill I fall into depression once again. It's made my acne much worse, but. It does prevent pregnancy. I'll be switching pills."

Kaylin P (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on Velivet for 2 months now. The first month I felt nauseous, tender breast, I gained 10 lbs and I turned very moody (especially with my boyfriend). My period was very light and best of all no cramps. The second month is better I am still a bit moody."

Mimin (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2013

For Birth Control "I have taken it only a month and have experienced bloating, nausea, breast tenderness, fluctuation in appetite, constipation, and I get mad at my boyfriend very easily. Plus all of these symptoms make me not feel like having sex. "

ForeverNauseated January 27, 2013

For Birth Control "It made me violent. 1 month straight. My breast stayed sore. I am already bipolar II and I needed this pill to stop my PMDD spikes and it amplified it. "

Dishauna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2012

For Birth Control "Pros: Worked great as a birth control & light periods Cons: Completely killed my libido, I've always had migraines but I got them much more frequently with this pill, I gained weight, & made me moody. I've been on this pill for 9 months. I was hoping things would get better but they are not so I am discontinuing use."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2012

For Birth Control "Velivet worked well as birth control, but made me really nervous and emotional all the time. I would get upset and/or cry over anything. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 27, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Velivet for about a year. It has been better than the birth control I was on before, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, but I have decided to go off of it because for 2 weeks at the end of my cycle I am incredibly emotional, cannot stop crying, am irritated and irrational and it's having a serious toll. I also have a pretty low sex drive."

Anonymous May 29, 2012

For Birth Control "I'll keep this short. I have taken Tri Lo Sprintec, Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and Velivet (in that order). Although my experience with Velivet was not as bad as with Ortho Tri Cyclen, it wasn't great. Pros: I lost weight, very regular periods, effective as birth control. Cons: Velivet completely killed my sex drive. Not only that, it turned me into a nervous wreck - and I am usually a pretty calm person. I was constantly worried about the way others perceived me, what my boyfriend *really* thought about me (believe me ladies, he is not a master of subtlety... there was no reason for me to be feeling this way), etc. "

Anonymous July 26, 2011

For Birth Control "Velivet is great for birth control. I've been on this for almost over two years and have had no problems. Only major problem is that I get angry or upset for no reason the week before my period. "

Anonymous December 8, 2010

For Birth Control "My experience with Velivet was horrible. I was on Velivet for a year and a half. I've been on Ovcon(loved it), Femcon(also great) and now Apri(hate it). Velivet was the worst though. The good things about Velivet: Perfect for contraception, great for regulating your period, increased my breast size by half a cup, no real cramps, no weight gain. The bad things about Velivet. Crying and or angry over nothing all the time. ZERO sex drive. I wouldn't recommend it."

Anonymous September 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I have taken Velivet for almost 2 years. I've been getting menstrual migraines from withdrawal sometimes during my period. Also have low libido which I'm not sure if it's related to this pill. "

Anonymous October 2, 2009