User Reviews for Solia
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
Reviews for Solia
For Birth Control "Years ago I was put on Apri and absolutely loved it. I had no side effects and my periods were extremely light. I then switched insurances and Apri was no longer covered by it. I was given Solia and told it was the generic version of Apri and that it was exactly the same. Never have a experienced such a horrible side effect like I did with this brand of birth control. The entire month I took this pill I couldn't poop. I wasn't constipated, I tried everything from yogurt, fiber, lots of water and laxatives, but it felt like my colon was swollen and wouldn't let anything pass. It was extremely painful and I felt miserable. I went to a gyno who pretty much thought I was exaggerating and blamed by symptoms on something else because "Solia and Apri are exactly the same".I couldn't take it anymore so I stopped them. After,I was able to poop normally again. This is my experience with Solia, it's different for everyone but what I learned is that generic birth control brands are NOT the same."
Anonymous March 30, 2018
0 users found this comment helpful.
Learn more about
Drugs.com Health Center
- Birth Control Options
- Birth Control Pills
- Hormonal Birth Control (Non-Pill Options)
- Non-hormonal Birth Control
- Permanent Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- Birth Control Pills - Benefits vs Risks & Side Effects
- Birth Control Pills - Periods
- Birth Control Pills and Breakthrough Bleeding
- Missed taking your birth control pill?
- Antibiotics and Birth Control Pill Interactions
- Birth Control Medications and Alcohol
- Grapefruit and Birth Control Pills
More about Solia (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol)
- Solia Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: contraceptives