User Reviews for Enskyce

Birth Control
3.5

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Enskyce

littlered32 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 16, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have been on Enskyce for almost a year now. I'm shocked that so many people have had bad reactions to it because I haven't had any issues and I take it every day to prevent periods due to endometriosis. No weight gain, no emotional changes, no acne, NOTHING. Which is amazing! I definitely recommend this to women with endo because I feel like a new person without ever being interrupted by the terrible pain it causes. It may not work for everybody, but I would say it's definitely worth the try.”

Flowerchild · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “I absolutely LOVE this Enskyce birth control. I have had literally NO side effects. I have tried so many other pills in the past and nothing ever worked; I was depressed, moody all the time, and had such bad anxiety and acne! However, this pill just works for my body. I read the reviews when I found out my doctor prescribed this one and almost didn’t take it because I was worried I would have the same negative effects. Girl, I am so glad I gave it a go. Some things work different for some people, but you never know until you try. Definitely would recommend.”

Beatrice · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “I went on this birth control about 2 years ago and I feel like a different person. I don't know why I didn't switch off of it sooner. Made me an emotional wreck, affected my relationship, and worsened my acne. Steer clear from this.”

jgill09 June 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “Terrible! Mother of 2. I use to take Ortho-cept before marriage l. No problems then. I asked my doctor to recommend me something for my heavy cramps during my period and my once a month pimple that appears every month near my chin area. I am a super healthy person as I eat at home 5 days a week, cook all my meals by scratch and do no drugs besides a few cocktails on the weekends. I workout 3 to 4 times a week. I am very in tune with my body. I am on month three with these pills and they have thrown me through a complete tornado!!! I get nausea, I get bloating, my sex drive is gone! It’s awful! To top it off I get two periods a month as I start to bloat and bleed on day 15 of the pill! It sucks!! I have decided to completely go off the pill and will never return. It is not worth it. I will happily take my two days of period cramps and pimple every month over this craziness I just went through. I plan to do the IUD and call a day. Good luck ladies, no thank you to more hormones.”

J Cee · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 24, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Enskyce for about 3 years now and it was all good at first, Lighter, shorter periods, my cramps lightened up and I had no more headaches until the beginning of this year (Jan 2019). At first my periods became so light that I would only need a pad for about 3 days then the period was gone but now all of a sudden my periods have become extremely heavy now, I have to wear a tampon and a pad and I’m changing it out about every 45 min. It lasts about 3 or 4 days and then it’s back to spotting. I spotted for two weeks after my period was over. It is now about to be August and I’m still bleeding heavily. I’m not sure what’s going on or if the pill isn’t working anymore but I am looking to get on a different medication.”

Danielle · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2021

For Birth Control: “I want to share because it seems like most people only ever post reviews if their experience was negative. This Enskyce birth control has been wonderful for me. After having my Paragard taken out I needed to get back on a pill. I tried Ortho Try Cylen Lo and Yaz, both of which made me feel like I was gaining weight! Finally, my Dr. put my on this brand and I have had NO problems. I had minor blemishes (unnoticeable to everyone else) the first month. My period is light and I've had no emotional issues. While I've only been on this pill for three months, I'm really happy with this brand. With the others I could feel negative affects very quickly.”

Michele · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2019

“I have only just started taking Enskyce, about 4 days now. I am taking it because we are starting IVF treatments and part of the treatment cycle is to take birth control for two weeks. I have had sudden onset headaches with neck and lower back pains and I have vomited three times in the evenings. I take the pill between 11:00am-1pm every day. Around 7:00pm-10:00pm I have thrown up everything I am eating. I am trying to stick it out since I should not have to take it for long but if this could help anyone else who is considering taking it or currently having the same issues and plan to take it for long durations, than I wanted to share my story.”

iFreyja · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2014

“I switched to Enskyce from Reclipsen for cost effectiveness, and felt different almost immediately. After a few weeks, I noticed that my emotions were considerably more inconsistent. Small things that wouldn't normally bother me started to make me extremely upset, and although I realized that I shouldn't have been upset at the time, I felt like I couldn't pull myself out of being emotional. I didn't pay any mind to it, because I thought some outside things could've been stressing me out, but it got to the point where I'd be having emotional breakdowns almost weekly, and about normally insignificant things. Periods were thicker and more painful. Effective as a contraceptive, but the side effects were a deal-breaker for me.”

mollymare · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2021

For Birth Control: “I just finished my first month of this. I previously was on Nortrel 7/7/7 and have tried the ring. This has been the most problematic off the bat. Although my acne seems to be getting better, I have bled every day since starting the pack. It seems to be more than spotting though, its a flow similar to the middle of my period. Also, when I started my placebo pills my “period” has been more heavy than any I've had in my life. In the first week I experienced nausea and extreme mood swings and depression. My symptoms have not ben consistent with any of the other times I’ve been on birth control, hopefully they get better over the next 2 months or I’m asking for a different birth control.”

Madison · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I took Enskyce for about 2 years. In the beginning my cramps were less painful but over time they became more painful then the cramps I felt before starting birth control. In addition, 2 years after starting Enskyce I developed a blood clot in my leg and clots in both my lungs. I had three surgeries to prevent the clots from killing me. My doctors said that the birth control definitely caused the clots and if I hadn’t been on it, I would not have developed clots.”

Bikerider84 March 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “Should be illegal! Constant bleeding, extreme bloating (look 6 months pregnant), severe mood swings from angry to hysterical uncontrollably sobbing for days, severe depression, breakthrough bleeding almost the entire cycle, insomnia for days, anxiety and panic attacks, swelling, massive weight gain (8lbs) despite eating 1200 calories and biking everyday, horrible fatigue! Tried multiple times and gave up after the fourth month”

radiance · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been on Enskyce for a little over a year. Getting adjusted was the difficult part, but you have to understand that it's new hormones entering your body. Since being adjusted to it, I have had little to no issues besides your occasional bloating and headaches . I have tried many birth control options (NuvaRing, Nexplanon, other pills) and have had a lot of issues with bleeding. This keeps me on a regular cycle, has no weight gain, and I would not say I feel very different on it. I never trusted the pill before Enskyce, and now I don't foresee myself going back to anything else.”

EliteDisplay201 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “My Dr. told me Enskyce would clear up my acne & I would have no bleeding because she highly suggested skipping the placebo week. HOWEVER, about 2 & 1/2into taking Enskyce, I noticed bleeding outside of my period time. Apparently it was spotting from withdrawal bleeding (something my Dr. failed to mention to me) & when I looked it up, it seemed normal for women starting a new birth control, so I thought nothing of it. It wasn’t until the bleeding became heavy & constant that I began to worry. It’s been 13 days & the little “spotting” is now a heavy flow of blood. My normals periods have NEVER been this bad. What sucks even worse is the cramps that accompany this constant bleed. The pain has woken me up at night, interfered with my job, & overall just made doing anything difficult because the it’s crippling. To top it all off, this med has given me intense headaches every evening, hot flashes, & zero improvement on my acne. I would absolutely not recommend Enskyce to anyone.”

Katie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2020

For Birth Control: “Taking Enskyce has been an awful experience! I was on Juliber for 6 months before my pharmacy switched me to Enskyce because they claimed it was the “same pill, just a different brand” but these two pills are NOT the same when it comes to side effects. Sure, it had prevented pregnancy, and it has given me regularly scheduled 5 day periods (compared to extremely painful, abnormally heavy 10-14 day periods that did not come regularly). On this brand I have been extremely nauseous and almost completely lost my appetite, and as a result have lost a significant amount of weight (around 5-10% of my average body weight, which was already on the low side of the healthy weight range). Due to this I have also become extremely fatigued and often feel weak and light headed. It has also done very little to take away period cramps I experience. I will do everything I can to be able to switch back to juliber ASAP.”

Bug · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Enskyce birth control pill for a little over a month and it has been horrible so far. It has given me side effects so that I am anxious and sensitive to pretty much everything. My boyfriend could say “stop” to me and I would start crying. I’m skipping the placebo pills and yet I’m still bleeding (not nearly as much however) AND cramping. I feel nauseous and my boobs hurt tremendously. It pretty much feels like I’m constantly on my period (minus the bleeding). I’ve been bloated, constipated with horrible stomach cramps. I’ve had headaches. I haven’t noticed much weight gain but mind you I’ve only been on this a month. Apparently symptoms are supposed to improve in a few months but that’s ridiculous. I haven’t gotten pregnant so that’s the only advantage to this pill. I would not recommend this brand to anybody.”

JSala · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “STAY AWAY! I’ve been on Enskyce for two months and have decided to call it quits. I have had three full periods while on on active pills per my IVF doctor. Spotting if I’m not actively bleeding, migraines everyday that I can not get control of and major mood swings, mostly the urge to cry. I’ve also experienced weight gain and cystic acne. I don’t know what I’ll be on next but I’ll never take Enskyce again. It has controlled my everyday life.”

Siddy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “This was the worst BCP I’ve ever taken. Terrible side effects, headaches, stomach cramps, bloating. Weight gain, swelling, bladder issues. I had no problems until I started taking this pill. I took I got 2 months and decided to stop because of the unbearable side effects. DO NOT TAKE , you will regret it!!”

JE · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on the pill for years, since my teens because my periods were excruciatingly debilitating, and I suffered from hormonal migraines that lasted my entire period length. I've tried various pills throughout the years, trying to find the one that felt the best. I finally found Reclipsen in my early twenties, and my periods were like clockwork, knowing exactly the day & hour it began and 3 days later, the hour it ended, no migraines, clearest skin. Then suddenly my pharmacy switched to the generic brand - Enskyce it is suppose to be exactly the same. But after 3 months, I had enough: each month, very heavy, very painful, lasted longer, very emotionally unstable (up then down/happy then severely depressed; a lot of crying for no reason and a second later- fine). I felt impaired to go to work and thus, decided to stop, give it all a rest and wait for my next check-up. Already two weeks off Enskyce, and I feel so good and balanced. I downloaded the app "Clue" to track my mood and help re-regulate my cycle, and it's free.”

Bean · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’m giving Enskyce a 4 as a rating because I have been on this pill for almost 3 months now & I have terrible headaches. I get headaches every day. They are very dull yet the still occur every day & it interferes with my daily life. It has done a great job at preventing pregnancy & clearing up my acne. Sometimes I also get stomach pain & tend to get somewhat constipated. I usually have my period on the 3rd-4th day of taking the placebo pills and they have became a lot lighter but my cramps are still terrible to the point where i am unable to get up off the couch. I truly do not recommend this birth control & I would ask your doctor to switch you on something else.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2019

For Birth Control: “I do not recommend this pill. I have been taking this pill for 2 1/2 months now. The first month put me in the ER because of unbearable pain before and during my period, and I actually shed 3 lots the size of a quarter!!! My doctor said the pain was because I was experiencing pain similar to the early stages of labor because my cervix had to open to 3cm to pass the pieces of lining!!! The second month of pain was barely any better. On top of all of that, I have been severely irritable, depressed, and moody the entire time I’ve been on this pill. After this pill pack, I’m getting off of it - no matter what my doctor says.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking Enskyce for about 7 months now and my periods are only 4 days and very light, I have no cramps, my skin is clear, I never gained weight, and I don’t get headaches. However, in the past 3 months I have been so extremely moody that I’m choosing to stop taking this. If one little unfortunate thing happens, I am a total sobbing mess and I can’t deal with it anymore. I waited to see if it would get better, but it has only gotten worse.”

Angie · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was taking Apri for Endometriosis, before and the pharmacy switched them to Enskyce. I don’t remember when exactly, I read about it in Google and looked the same so it was not big deal for me. In December 2017 , June 2018 and today Dec 21 of 2018 I had again an episode of SVT (supra ventricular tachycardia ). The doctor in July prescribed me a beta blocker for that. But now I realize that these three episodes with my heart happened after 3 or 4 days of starting taking the medicine after I had my period. So I read the side effects of this Enskyce and it says heart attack, high blood pressure!!!! Stop taking the medicine if you have palpitations!!!!!! The doctor did not say that to me!!!! With Apri I didn’t have that problem before!!! I don’t have a history of heart problems in my family!!!! I am in shock!! Nobody has telling me that this happens (SVT) because of Enskyce but I am almost 100 % sure it has something to do with it”

mypantsaretight · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 19, 2018

For Birth Control: “As a few have said, I started out on Reclipsen and got switched to Enskyce. I will give it props in the fact that it doesn't make me feel sick to my stomach at all. I was on one where I would vomit every day. However, I've noticed I'm more sensitive and prone to cry which I'm not a cryer. I've also gained a good amount of weight while not changing my eating habits and I just feel bloated and like I have inflammation everywhere. Another thing is I've noticed my hair feeling thinner. Ugh...if they have the same amount of hormones in the pill, why do they act differently?!? grrrrr!”

aznsoulsis · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “My skin has cleared up immensely, my periods are lighter with way fewer intense cramps, and I haven't been paranoid about pregnancy scares in forever! The placebo pills week has made my period quite regular too. The only downside is perhaps a lowered or nonexistent libido. Like, it's just completely gone. But that's okay! I'll take all the benefits over the one disadvantage! Been taking it for over six months now -- I never want to go off this birth control.”

coffeelover84 March 31, 2021

For Birth Control: “The last pill I used was triphasic, which triggered panic/anxiety. Doctor suggested Enskyce. I skipped my periods which didn't alter my mood or depression, but I've started to feel empty. I used to be more excited, but I feel numb to everything. Panic/anxiety hasn't improved from switching to Enskyce. I'm managing it, but I start to panic in situations where it's never bothered me before. I'm not suicidal, but I have negative thoughts, even strange thoughts which I've never had before. My sex drive is nonexistent. My skin is decent but not very clear (I'm taking Enskyce for acne). These days I'd rather have acne and be happier with life. I feel bloated after eating salads. Stomach pains are uncomfortable. I began getting chest pains, shortness of breath, my GP noticed heart palpitations/murmur, and my legs feel heavy all the time. I also cycle 30-45mins every day and take walks. After a year, I'm starting to gain more weight and my diet hasn't changed. I eat pretty healthily.”