User Reviews for Desmopressin

Also known as: DDAVP, DDAVP Nasal, DDAVP Rhinal Tube, Minirin, Stimate

Learn more about Desmopressin.

von Willebrand's Disease 3 reviews 11 medications

Primary Nocturnal Enuresis 4 reviews 5 medications

9.5
Diabetes Insipidus 13 reviews 16 medications

8.9
Summary of Desmopressin reviews 20 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Desmopressin

For Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: "I can remember the first time I wet the bed and for years it was almost every night and I could never get rid of it. When I was around 15 or 16 I got this medicine and it immediately stopped and only once or twice did it happen again but after I was finished with my prescription, I never needed it again and I haven't wet the bed ever since."

Dian Torres July 12, 2015

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "I've been on this since 1989. The generic pill form works best! Before DDAVP I went to the bathroom around the clock and drank tons of water. The nasal spray was difficult at first since they didn't have my dosage right which I ended up in the hospital with my sodium at 119. But after the Drs got the dosage down and with the pills now, I've had no problems. Thank goodness for DDAVP."

Jeniseb June 5, 2015

For Diabetes Insipidus: "Been on this medicine since I was 6 years old. Started on the nasal spray before the pill was invented. Found it hard to travel with because it needed to be refrigerated. Once the pill came out, I switched and never noticed a difference. Now that I am older and have a liver condition, my doctors told me to stop the medicine because it was helping my body to retain water. Now I get very little sleep and drink like a fish even though I'm on a fluid restriction. Also this med lowers my sodium levels as well due to the water retention. So if your having some of the same symptoms, please see your endocendocrinologist for help."

Crystal Dream (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2015

For : "My son is 13 and is an extreme bed wetter. 1 spray of this spray and he is dry each morning - it is so good and such a relief for my son"

Relieved-nz November 16, 2014

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "Works great but you need to take it on time."

Midnight159 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2014

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "I couldn't have a normal life without it!"

jay o April 4, 2013

DDAVP Nasal (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "I love this medication, it works a lot better than the pill! I can go about 18 hours or so whereas the pill will last only a few hours, if that!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2012

For Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: "December 6th I was finally able to sleep through the night and only woke twice to void. This is compared to sometimes every half hour or 20 mins, which I had been experiencing for the past six months or so. I was exhausted. Other medicines were ineffective but Desmopressin has been a God send. The only challenge I've had other than the face flushing, is having to decrease my liquid intake despite needing the fluids due to the pain medicines I'm taking for metastatic breast cancer. I've noticed when I've ingested too much liquid, the Desmopressin doesn't work and I'm back to voiding upwards of 10 times a night but just for that night. I'm very happy with the speed at which Desmopressin works as well."

Wapuskwew December 19, 2011

For Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: "My dad has been able to sleep again during the night, not up 6 or more times to the toilet, voiding large amounts. Back to normal. He is very happy. All blood tests normal."

Anonymous October 23, 2011

Stimate (desmopressin) for von Willebrand's Disease: "My daughter is 16 and was diagnosed with Von Willebrand's when she was 13. I have found that it is the only thing that stops her menstrual bleeding. We have tried birth control pills to prevent her from having menstruation, but that didn't work. Without Stimate, she had bled for 7 weeks straight. She reports no side effects to me."

Easpears July 2, 2011

For Diabetes Insipidus: "I've been using Desmopressin Acetate injection for about 30 years and it has been a life saver. The tablet form does not work as well as the injection but it easier to carry with me when traveling. The injection type must be kept the in refrigerator but it is much more effective. I prefer to use the injection."

Anonymous October 21, 2010

For Diabetes Insipidus: "I have been on DDAVP since 2004. I recently changed over to the tablet form. It is much more convenient to carry with me, but I have found that I have trouble having regular bowel movements and also I am having trouble losing weight. How can I lose the water weight while still staying hydrated on the DDAVP? I have heard that maybe I should limit my fluid intake. "

Anonymous September 28, 2010

Stimate (desmopressin) for von Willebrand's Disease: "From my experience's its worked amazingly well for my Von Willebrands disease. It makes your face flush and heat very quickly but its not that bad of a side effect. The first time I used it I was out of it for about 15 minutes and after that it never happened again."

Anonymous August 25, 2010

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "I was diagnosed with diabetes insipidus a little over a year ago. This medication is absolutely a life saver. I love this medication and it's the only reason that I can live a semi-normal life!"

chelsea12 August 17, 2010

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "I love this medication. It works fast and more efficiently than the pill form. After pituitary surgery I struggled for 8 months trying to get my bladder activity under control. I could not control my urine flow with the pills and if I was standing in line at the grocery store there was nothing I could do but face the embarrassment of having urine stream down my legs. With the nose spray I can dose right there when the urge hits and it sustains me for a few minutes until my situation is more condusive to taking care of things. The nose spray is way more predictable then the pill. Thank God I have it no matter what it costs."

DI2007 October 21, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: "My daughter is 8 years old now. She has suffered from bed wetting for the past 2 years. We have tried everything under the sun to help with the problem. She was so embarrassed when she would go to sleep-overs and had to wear a "pull-up". I felt awful for her. I took her to the doctor and he referred her to a urologist soon after. Her urologist put her on DDAVP almost 3 weeks ago. She takes 0.2 DDAVP every night about an hour before she goes to bed. We have been dry every since, except the first night of taking the DDAVP. I believe this medicine is a God send. My daughter is so happy, she is no longer embarrassed about wetting. We went yesterday for a follow up with the Doctor, and everything is going great."

Shereemc June 18, 2009

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Stimate (desmopressin) for von Willebrand's Disease: "Stimate has been very effective with my 2 children in stopping a bleed quickly. It is our first line of defense when a severe bleed starts. Check with your doctor and have them test the effectiveness before using."

Stimate User June 5, 2009

For Diabetes Insipidus: "I have been on this for 19 years, spray first and now tablets. The generics are not as good no matter what form or brand."

Anonymous June 4, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "I've been on the nasal spray nightly for 7 years since pituitary removal surgery. It's wonderful, expensive but it works. I have found the generic version not as good, needs to be refrigerated where the DDAVP has a normal shelf life."

ta dah February 28, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "I like this medicine when I am on a trip and it does work fast but it's expensive."

pmitch January 20, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: "This is a fast acting medication. It is easy to travel with and store."

Anonymous January 17, 2009

Stimate (desmopressin) for : "Stimate works great. In the first few minutes you should see a decrease in bleeding."

Obama 08 October 22, 2008