User Reviews for Desmopressin (Page 2)

Also known as: DDAVP, Nocdurna, DDAVP Nasal, DDAVP Rhinal Tube, Stimate, Minirin, Noctiva

Nocturia 10.0
von Willebrand Disease 10.0
Primary Nocturnal Enuresis 9.6
Diabetes Insipidus 8.7
Summary of Desmopressin reviews 9.1 31 reviews

Reviews for Desmopressin

DI2007 October 21, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “I love this medication. It works fast and more efficiently than the pill form. After pituitary surgery I struggled for 8 months trying to get my bladder activity under control. I could not control my urine flow with the pills and if I was standing in line at the grocery store there was nothing I could do but face the embarrassment of having urine stream down my legs. With the nose spray I can dose right there when the urge hits and it sustains me for a few minutes until my situation is more condusive to taking care of things. The nose spray is way more predictable then the pill. Thank God I have it no matter what it costs.”

Shereemc June 18, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: “My daughter is 8 years old now. She has suffered from bed wetting for the past 2 years. We have tried everything under the sun to help with the problem. She was so embarrassed when she would go to sleep-overs and had to wear a "pull-up". I felt awful for her. I took her to the doctor and he referred her to a urologist soon after. Her urologist put her on DDAVP almost 3 weeks ago. She takes 0.2 DDAVP every night about an hour before she goes to bed. We have been dry every since, except the first night of taking the DDAVP. I believe this medicine is a God send. My daughter is so happy, she is no longer embarrassed about wetting. We went yesterday for a follow up with the Doctor, and everything is going great.”

Stimate User June 5, 2009

Stimate (desmopressin) for von Willebrand Disease: “Stimate has been very effective with my 2 children in stopping a bleed quickly. It is our first line of defense when a severe bleed starts. Check with your doctor and have them test the effectiveness before using.”

Anonymous June 4, 2009

For Diabetes Insipidus: “I have been on this for 19 years, spray first and now tablets. The generics are not as good no matter what form or brand.”

ta dah February 28, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “I've been on the nasal spray nightly for 7 years since pituitary removal surgery. It's wonderful, expensive but it works. I have found the generic version not as good, needs to be refrigerated where the DDAVP has a normal shelf life.”

pmitch January 20, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “I like this medicine when I am on a trip and it does work fast but it's expensive.”

Anonymous January 17, 2009

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “This is a fast acting medication. It is easy to travel with and store.”

Obama 08 October 22, 2008

Stimate (desmopressin): “Stimate works great. In the first few minutes you should see a decrease in bleeding.”