User Reviews for Desmopressin to treat Primary Nocturnal Enuresis

Also known as: DDAVP, DDAVP Nasal, DDAVP Rhinal Tube, Minirin, Nocdurna, Noctiva, Stimate

Reviews for Desmopressin

"I can remember the first time I wet the bed and for years it was almost every night and I could never get rid of it. When I was around 15 or 16 I got this medicine and it immediately stopped and only once or twice did it happen again but after I was finished with my prescription, I never needed it again and I haven't wet the bed ever since."

Dian Torres July 12, 2015

"December 6th I was finally able to sleep through the night and only woke twice to void. This is compared to sometimes every half hour or 20 mins, which I had been experiencing for the past six months or so. I was exhausted. Other medicines were ineffective but Desmopressin has been a God send. The only challenge I've had other than the face flushing, is having to decrease my liquid intake despite needing the fluids due to the pain medicines I'm taking for metastatic breast cancer. I've noticed when I've ingested too much liquid, the Desmopressin doesn't work and I'm back to voiding upwards of 10 times a night but just for that night. I'm very happy with the speed at which Desmopressin works as well."

Wapuskwew December 19, 2011

"My dad has been able to sleep again during the night, not up 6 or more times to the toilet, voiding large amounts. Back to normal. He is very happy. All blood tests normal."

Anonymous October 23, 2011

DDAVP (desmopressin): "My daughter is 8 years old now. She has suffered from bed wetting for the past 2 years. We have tried everything under the sun to help with the problem. She was so embarrassed when she would go to sleep-overs and had to wear a "pull-up". I felt awful for her. I took her to the doctor and he referred her to a urologist soon after. Her urologist put her on DDAVP almost 3 weeks ago. She takes 0.2 DDAVP every night about an hour before she goes to bed. We have been dry every since, except the first night of taking the DDAVP. I believe this medicine is a God send. My daughter is so happy, she is no longer embarrassed about wetting. We went yesterday for a follow up with the Doctor, and everything is going great."

Shereemc June 18, 2009