User Reviews for Desmopressin to treat von Willebrand Disease

Also known as: DDAVP, Nocdurna, DDAVP Nasal, DDAVP Rhinal Tube, Stimate, Minirin, Noctiva

Reviews for Desmopressin

mamabear91 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 13, 2017

“It works wonders for my son with von willebrands disease if he has a bleeding episode but is hard to obtain from our local pharmacies on the down side.”

Easpears July 2, 2011

Stimate (desmopressin): “My daughter is 16 and was diagnosed with Von Willebrand's when she was 13. I have found that it is the only thing that stops her menstrual bleeding. We have tried birth control pills to prevent her from having menstruation, but that didn't work. Without Stimate, she had bled for 7 weeks straight. She reports no side effects to me.”

Anonymous August 25, 2010

Stimate (desmopressin): “From my experience's its worked amazingly well for my Von Willebrands disease. It makes your face flush and heat very quickly but its not that bad of a side effect. The first time I used it I was out of it for about 15 minutes and after that it never happened again.”

Stimate User June 5, 2009

Stimate (desmopressin): “Stimate has been very effective with my 2 children in stopping a bleed quickly. It is our first line of defense when a severe bleed starts. Check with your doctor and have them test the effectiveness before using.”

Learn more about von Willebrand Disease

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)