User Reviews for Firmagon

Learn more about Firmagon.

Prostate Cancer 4 reviews 52 medications

9.2
Summary of Firmagon reviews 4 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Firmagon

For Prostate Cancer "Been taking it for about 4 months, lower back pain gone, heat and cold flashes, testicles shrinking, no sex drive, weight gain, My PSA number was 212 and last checked was 9 so its working. I have stage 4 where it has gone to my bones. Now I am also using Marijuana to see if it helps cancer.. we shall see........"

magwa999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Started with PSA of 30. After three months on Firmagon the PSA was below one. This stuff really works! I had all the usual side effects: lethargy, hot and cold spells, and especially injection site pain. The injections site become red, hot, puffy, and hurts quite bad for a few days after. And you have to get the injection every 28 days. But, it really does hammer down the PSA."

old geezer (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "I was diagnosed with prostate 10 years ago and the surgery. Because I still had PSA activity I was put on Lupron. My PSA decreased below 1.0 and I voluntarily ceased the Lupron injections. Earlier this year tests showed PSA was greatly elevated. I started with a new doctor who put me on Firmagon. My PSA dropped from 3200 three months ago to 29! There have been no significant side effects other than those similar to the Lupron use."

thewaldo November 13, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "After biopsy revealed it was tiime to consider Hormone Therapy. I was started on Lupron. I came back in for a three month check and my PSA had not changed that much and my Testosterone was still high. I did not want to add another pill to my "diet" so Urologist tried 3 months of Firmagon. Wow!! PSA down huge and Dr says I'm completely Test-Suppressed."

downstg (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2012

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate