User Reviews for Cromolyn to treat Asthma, Maintenance

Also known as: Gastrocrom

Cromolyn has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance. 89% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Cromolyn Rating Summary

9.0/10 average rating

Compare all 71 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Cromolyn

Barbie222 January 7, 2016

“I love this cromolyn sodium inhaler. It has hardly any side effects and it really made my asthma stay under control. That symbicort,advair and other steroid drugs effected me pretty badly. If I stop it. It made my asthma worse than before I used it. I am afraid of it. Why was the cromolyn sodium inhaler taken away from us???? Because it was too safe for us!!!!!”

Alison3 January 20, 2010

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn): “I used Intal for 25 years to control my asthma and it worked wonderfully. I never had problems. Since it has been discontinued, I am on Symbicort and Singulair and my health is unstable. I seem to suffer from every side effect of Symbicort. I wish someone would start making Intal again.”

Macho March 2, 2008

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn): “The Intal inhaler has worked the best for me. If using other inhalers take them first and then take Intal. Intal, I believe covers the mast cels, not allowing them to release histamine. It certainly is the best product of the inhalers. Those who have pure asthma must take Intal on a schedule which will stop or cut down on their asthma attacka. It seems Intal has been taken off the market and I have a poor quality of life because of it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more May 19, 2018

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn): “I have taken Intal for 25 years with no negative side affects. I have severe respiratory distress from exposure to diesel fuel fumes and many other pollutants. My Intal Inhaler stops the reaction within a matter of minutes. Every other product I have used caused severe side effects.”

ClaudiaNYC June 26, 2015

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn): “I use Chromolyn Sodium in my nebulizer, and it is a LIFE SAVER. I wish I could try the Intal inhaler, since it's not convenient to use a nebulizer everyday and when I travel. But for now, I will continue to use Chromolyn Sodium. I can't live without it.”

Essie Bee · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 8, 2017

“On my pharmacist recommendation, I started taking over-the-counter NasalCrom for my nasal allergies. It worked so well, that I wondered if it would help my allergy induced asthma also, and asked my doctor about it. I've been taking cromolyn by nebulizer for two years now, and have never had an another asthma attack. I finally have my life back!”

BeataW October 4, 2011

Intal (cromolyn): “I used Intal for 20 years and I believe it stabilized my asthma attacks (I am allergic to dogs). Recently I had to use when on trip to Europe and when I get back to Canada I realized that they discontinued the capsules whatsoever. I will be trying nebulizer. ”

sam scully · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2014

Intal (cromolyn): “When I was a kid I had extremely severe 'hayfever' and it continued into my 20's when a doctor prescribed nasal Intal. It cured me. Now in my 60's I've recently developed asthma. It seemed that the cold aggravated it, even the cold in the frozen food sections of supermarkets. I'm on Ventolin and that is okay. I was prescribed Symbicort, (both powder and aerosol spray) but my throat ulcerated so now have been prescribed Intal 2 puffs twice a day. I'm hoping this will work as good as it did for my 'hay-fever'!”

Anonymous March 26, 2010

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn): “Intal is the one drug that brought my asthma under control, in 1974, when I was 18 years old. It pains me to know that I now must buy it from sources outside of North America.”

Anonymous April 2, 2009

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn): “Intal is currently available as a CFC-free inhaler from Sanofi Aventis. I have taken it for 40 years. It has no side effects and helps you to get through colds very quickly.”

Anonymous September 17, 2009

Intal (cromolyn): “I used Intal for some time, about a year. It didn't really help me”