User Reviews for Cromolyn

Also known as: Gastrocrom, Intal, Intal Inhaler

Learn more about Cromolyn.

Asthma, Maintenance 9 reviews 116 medications

8.7
Systemic Mastocytosis 2 reviews 8 medications

8.6
Summary of Cromolyn reviews 11 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Cromolyn

Gastrocrom (cromolyn) for Systemic Mastocytosis: "This drug did not work for me. It was bothersome to take as you had to remember to take it 30 minutes before each meal."

nickim April 19, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I love this cromolyn sodium inhaler. It has hardly any side effects and it really made my asthma stay under control. That symbicort,advair and other steroid drugs effected me pretty badly. If I stop it. It made my asthma worse than before I used it. I am afraid of it. Why was the cromolyn sodium inhaler taken away from us???? Because it was too safe for us!!!!!"

Barbie222 January 7, 2016

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I use Chromolyn Sodium in my nebulizer, and it is a LIFE SAVER. I wish I could try the Intal inhaler, since it's not convenient to use a nebulizer everyday and when I travel. But for now, I will continue to use Chromolyn Sodium. I can't live without it."

ClaudiaNYC June 26, 2015

Intal (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "When I was a kid I had extremely severe 'hayfever' and it continued into my 20's when a doctor prescribed nasal Intal. It cured me. Now in my 60's I've recently developed asthma. It seemed that the cold aggravated it, even the cold in the frozen food sections of supermarkets. I'm on Ventolin and that is okay. I was prescribed Symbicort, (both powder and aerosol spray) but my throat ulcerated so now have been prescribed Intal 2 puffs twice a day. I'm hoping this will work as good as it did for my 'hay-fever'!"

sam scully (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2014

Gastrocrom (cromolyn) for Systemic Mastocytosis: "This has been a great medication and has made me feel much better. If you take too much at one time it can upset your stomach. "

Irro334 August 1, 2013

Intal (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used Intal for 20 years and I believe it stabilized my asthma attacks (I am allergic to dogs). Recently I had to use when on trip to Europe and when I get back to Canada I realized that they discontinued the capsules whatsoever. I will be trying nebulizer. "

BeataW October 4, 2011

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Intal is the one drug that brought my asthma under control, in 1974, when I was 18 years old. It pains me to know that I now must buy it from sources outside of North America."

Anonymous March 26, 2010

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used Intal for 25 years to control my asthma and it worked wonderfully. I never had problems. Since it has been discontinued, I am on Symbicort and Singulair and my health is unstable. I seem to suffer from every side effect of Symbicort. I wish someone would start making Intal again."

Alison3 January 20, 2010

Intal (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used Intal for some time, about a year. It didn't really help me"

Anonymous September 17, 2009

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Intal is currently available as a CFC-free inhaler from Sanofi Aventis. I have taken it for 40 years. It has no side effects and helps you to get through colds very quickly."

Anonymous April 2, 2009

Intal Inhaler (cromolyn) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The Intal inhaler has worked the best for me. If using other inhalers take them first and then take Intal. Intal, I believe covers the mast cels, not allowing them to release histamine. It certainly is the best product of the inhalers. Those who have pure asthma must take Intal on a schedule which will stop or cut down on their asthma attacka. It seems Intal has been taken off the market and I have a poor quality of life because of it."

Macho March 2, 2008