User Reviews for Crisaborole topical to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Also known as: Eucrisa

Crisaborole Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 143 medications used in the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis.

Reviews for Crisaborole

Treek · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Two applications and my skin felt and Looked better than it had in 10 years. Only thing that ever helped before was high doses of prednisone. Praying It continues to work. Priceless product..Been to numerous dermatologists and had numerous prescriptions. None of them ever even touched it. God bless this project."

Scout · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I have flare ups of perioral dermititis on my face and Eucrisa is the only thing that has given me results in hours. I also have eczema and it has worked great on that. I highly recommend finding samples rather than getting a full tube, unless you are using it specifically for eczema. It feels like death when you put it on, especially on you eyelid, it goes away after a while and with continuous use."

Jk · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Does not work. I've had eczema for 45 years. Had great success with Synlar when it was made by original company for 20 years. Once sold the formula changed I guess and it stopped working. Been using Cloderm for 3 years successfully. Dermatologist gave me samples if Eucrisa a week ago. It does not burn. My eczema itches non stop and a week later and is spreading. I will go back to Cloderm."

Evie · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I've only been using Eucrisa for two weeks but I feel like my eczema is getting worse. I've used clobetasol and within a few days it was clearing but my Dr. insisted on giving me Eucrisa. I'm really upset it's not helping at all. I'm lucky to say I don't have any of the side effects most people have experienced, it just doesn't work for me at all."

Lysa · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "After a year of trying everything from steroids, using natural remedies, and getting allergy tested for my skin, I finally gave in and purchased Eucrisa (my cost $100). I had read the reviews on here the day before I picked up my prescription and I was incredibly worried that I would use it and it would burn my face as badly as the others described. For me it does burn, but not my entire face just random parts of my skin burn and it does go away within a few minutes. I have a high tolerance for pain so I’m able to withstand the burn, but it doesn’t feel great. The positive is my skin was so much better by the morning! I still have some dry spots but my skin looks so much better then it did. My goal is to get my skin completely clear then only use Eucrisa as needed."

MaeMae88 · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I have had eczema my whole life. I’ve always used steroid creams so when my new dermatologist suggested this when I requested a refill I thought I’d give it a try. Big mistake. I wasn’t flaring much at all just a little on my eye lids and hand. I haven’t flared up much in the last 2 years. I’m vegetarian and that seems to have helped drastically. Anyway. I gave this a try. And now I’m flaring on my forearms, neck, back, both hands and elbows. I haven’t flared on my forearms since I was in middle school and I’m 30 now. This is GARBAGE! DO NOT USE THIS! I gave it a full weeks try! And today I broke and just rampaged through my home to find an old almost used up tube of Triamcinolone Acetonide. I’ve never been so glad to use this cream until today."

Flaming eyeballs May 16, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I can't remember the last time I cried before using Eucrisa. I now can point out the exact date. May 15, 2019 Today was the 5th application and holy moly, my eyeballs had flames protruding from for the last 10 minutes. I had some odd swelling, redness and irritation on both eyelids and below the eye. I put Eucrisa on them and was happy that it alleviated the symptoms with little discomfort. Until today... My symptoms were raw just like my flaming eyelids. This may be the source of the most pain I have experienced for 8 minutes. I closed my eyes, fanned with my hands, put a water bottle on them and hoped it didn't blind me if it made it's way down. It didn't and I still have the gift of sight. Eucrisa is very effective but feels like hemorhoids on your eyes (if this is where you are affected). The pain let's you know it is working. Again, the first 6 applications were tolerable. I paid $10 for this giant tube of flames with a coupon."

nestea · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Eucrisa burned so much the moment I put it onto my face I couldn't handle it. I had to wash it off with cold water and simply apply my regular moisturizer."

ethorp · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 12, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I used it for 4 weeks and saw no improvement. I saw 15% improvement with hydrocortisone but only for a few weeks then it got worse. I used frankincense oil with vaseline for the same few weeks and it's now almost gone. Thanks for nothing eucrisa. Save your $700 and doctor visit and get you some frankincense oil. But it's also not cheap. Around $100 per bottle but a lot cheaper than the alternative"

TimeAgain42 · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Guys, do NOT use this medication. The last time I had an ointment that burned like this, it was found to be a carcinogen two years later. Find a medicine that's been on the market for a LONG time (I use a combo of Desonide and Triamcinolone) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg."

eczema w/ skin dicoloration · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I've had eczema since I was a child and her I am now 41 yrs old and my new dermatologist gave me a sample of Eucrisa. I can only speak for myself and I see what others have dealt with on this site. Let me start by saying I used aquaphor and cetaphil for years and Vaseline and wrapped my skin with plastic to keep it moisturized. I saw my derm on Monday 4/29/19 and 4 days later 5/3/2019 it has cleared up tremendously no itching the color is coming back to normal. I highly recommend this product I have brown skin and the patched were dark to the point I do not show my legs but this summer I will be showing leg leg and more leg. lol I am sure my insurance would cover this medication but he gave me some samples and I am truly blessed."

Monica · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Eucrisa is extremely painful to use. My doctor told me it was okay to use around my eyes, but I could not handle the burning pain. It was so painful that I fell to floor trying to calm the burning down. My eczema is the same but I have to ice my eyes to try and get rid of the burning feeling."

Eczemaman7797 April 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "It does almost nothing to help my severe total body eczema. I blend it in with vanicream moisturizer. It burns a little bit briefly on the face, but at least Eucrisa is better than nothing at all. It's mostly something to use on days when I must take a break from using steroids."

eczema man · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I have been using Eucrisa for 2 years, but I am giving up on it. I stopped using it on my face a month ago. Eucrisa seems to do nothing. My face is actually better off without using it. I was blending it in with my moisturizer to use on my face and neck every day, but a few hours afterwards my face and neck were always getting very red. I am less red overall when I don't use it. It didn't burn much at all, but it doesn't work."

Ve April 12, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Eucrisa did not work at all, in fact, if made my skin a lot worse. I broke out in a horrible rash, as did the only other person I knew who had been given this from their dermatologist for eczema like I was. It burns and leaves skin worse than when it started. I do not understand how it is marketed as a miracle fix for eczema. I now understand why my insurance did not want to pay for this."

itchy · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Eucrisa didn't burn, but it didn't work at all."

T · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 21, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I’ve dealt with eczema my entire life, I used steroids for years which bleached my skin and made me extremely self conscious. It usually only flares up a couple times a year in the same spot but as I got older it spread to my neck and face. I did not want to use steroid cream so my doctor prescribed this. Yes it burns for just a few minutes but it subsided after a few uses (maybe after the open skin heals?). It has been a life saver. I don’t use it every single day but when my skin is flaring up and it immediately heals within a few days and doesn’t come back. If you can deal with the burning for a couple days I highly recommend."

PippiL11 March 20, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I am torn on how to review this. Luckily my dermatologist warned me about possible burning and suggested I mix it with face lotion. I tried this and, dear god! It burned like nothing I have ever felt. I was tearing up and actually sweating from the pain, that caused more hurt even so I had to remove. I eventually figured out if I put on a layer of aquafor (which has similar consistency) then put on a little Eucrisa it was manageable but still quite painful (would have a glass of ice water and ice pack ready to immediately apply to help). This actually did seem to help and my skin felt smoother and saw less flaking but I just couldn’t face this torture every day. I hoped the burning would decrease like some other reviewers experienced but it never did."

Britt09 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "First thought this stuff is so greasy. My eczema problem at the time was majorly my hands. It makes it hard to do anything cause my hands were so greasy. Yes it burns but I thought if it helps I’ll deal with it. At first my hands improved, the cut type places healed BUT now its all WORSE. My hands are worst than they were to begin with, but I now have it in places I’ve never had it before and some places have grown largely. I’m so disappointed and upset. I’m mentally exhausted with this eczema stuff and now it’s worse. "

RB · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I had tried everything to get rid of the eczema on my hands that I have have suffered with for the last 10 years. I've tried various steroids, UV light therapy, Dupixent injections, wrapping my hands in petroleum jelly overnight. I had come to accept that my hands were just going to be inflamed and look awful for the rest of my life. The best thing I could do was try to wrap the cracks on my fingers with band-aids to try to keep the pain down. Then I tried Eucrisa and the results were staggering, the first time I applied it, I noticed significant improvement by the next day and after two weeks of use, my hands are completely clear. And when a little crack tries to make an appearance, a little application to the area, and the crack is gone the next day. I don't know how it works, but it has indeed worked wonders for me."

Shawn · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Works quickly, better than any over the counter or Rx eczema steroid I've ever had. It doesn't burn or cause irritation on my hands, my most troublesome area. I love this stuff tbh."

BM · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "As others have experienced, when applied to the face this feels like acid. Perhaps because the skin is more sensitive here, the pain lasts about half an hour. After using daily for a few weeks it hurts less, or it is quite possible my pain tolerance has increased...but the presumed areas of eczema haven't shown improvement. For this level of pain I was expecting a better return. I'm giving it a full month though to work its magic."

Yoda · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Over the past 30-60 days using eucrisa on my face (mild eczema) and upper back (notalgia paresthetica). Itching decreased noticably within a couple weeks, the moderate burning subsided and disappeared after two weeks, and the scaly patch on my forehead has disappeared but I continue to have some scaly skin at brow patch. All positive. Now for the negative-could be coincidence but have noticed some welty, itchy bumps lately where i apply to my back. But my gut is telling me there is a relationship. I wonder if the intense burning with application is from applying too much. Just a thought from somebody who has had long-term mild eczema."

CLD February 19, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I randomly started getting a red bumpy rash at my nostrils which wrapped around my mouth & chin. Also flaked. Did not itch or burn. I was originally put on a steroid & after I stopped the rash came back after 5 days. I saw my PCP & he gave me a sample 16 days ago. He told me to apply it 2x daily. I’m not so good with skin care sooooo.... I’ve used it 1x daily & missed 4 days. This stuff burns for maybe 2 min. You guys just need to push through the burn ! I love this stuff & once my sample tube is out I will fill my Rx! Great product as far as I’m concerned. For those people who have a full facial problem maybe your doctor needs to find you another product! I wouldn’t want to put this ointment on a full face! OUCH"

Rina February 17, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I have had eczema since I was a baby. My doctor prescribed me Eucrisa for my face (above my lip and all around my lips along with my cheeks & the creases of my arms and legs are the worse) he didn’t want me using hydrocortisone on my face so this is what I got. It burns pretty bad but goes away within 5-10 minutes. I try fanning my face but it doesn’t seem to work lol. But, my inflamed skin has gone down so much! It’s not as red, nor as scaly as it used to be. I am going to keep giving this medicine a try! I hope this is helpful and that it works for all of you as well! Remember to keep fighting that burning sensation so your skin can look good!"

Learn more about Atopic Dermatitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)