User Reviews for Crisaborole topical to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Also known as: Eucrisa

Crisaborole Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 143 medications used in the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis.

Reviews for Crisaborole

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Eucrisa didn't burn, but it didn't work at all."

itchy (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I’ve dealt with eczema my entire life, I used steroids for years which bleached my skin and made me extremely self conscious. It usually only flares up a couple times a year in the same spot but as I got older it spread to my neck and face. I did not want to use steroid cream so my doctor prescribed this. Yes it burns for just a few minutes but it subsided after a few uses (maybe after the open skin heals?). It has been a life saver. I don’t use it every single day but when my skin is flaring up and it immediately heals within a few days and doesn’t come back. If you can deal with the burning for a couple days I highly recommend."

T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I am torn on how to review this. Luckily my dermatologist warned me about possible burning and suggested I mix it with face lotion. I tried this and, dear god! It burned like nothing I have ever felt. I was tearing up and actually sweating from the pain, that caused more hurt even so I had to remove. I eventually figured out if I put on a layer of aquafor (which has similar consistency) then put on a little Eucrisa it was manageable but still quite painful (would have a glass of ice water and ice pack ready to immediately apply to help). This actually did seem to help and my skin felt smoother and saw less flaking but I just couldn’t face this torture every day. I hoped the burning would decrease like some other reviewers experienced but it never did."

PippiL11 March 20, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "First thought this stuff is so greasy. My eczema problem at the time was majorly my hands. It makes it hard to do anything cause my hands were so greasy. Yes it burns but I thought if it helps I’ll deal with it. At first my hands improved, the cut type places healed BUT now its all WORSE. My hands are worst than they were to begin with, but I now have it in places I’ve never had it before and some places have grown largely. I’m so disappointed and upset. I’m mentally exhausted with this eczema stuff and now it’s worse. "

Britt09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I had tried everything to get rid of the eczema on my hands that I have have suffered with for the last 10 years. I've tried various steroids, UV light therapy, Dupixent injections, wrapping my hands in petroleum jelly overnight. I had come to accept that my hands were just going to be inflamed and look awful for the rest of my life. The best thing I could do was try to wrap the cracks on my fingers with band-aids to try to keep the pain down. Then I tried Eucrisa and the results were staggering, the first time I applied it, I noticed significant improvement by the next day and after two weeks of use, my hands are completely clear. And when a little crack tries to make an appearance, a little application to the area, and the crack is gone the next day. I don't know how it works, but it has indeed worked wonders for me."

RB (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Works quickly, better than any over the counter or Rx eczema steroid I've ever had. It doesn't burn or cause irritation on my hands, my most troublesome area. I love this stuff tbh."

Shawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "As others have experienced, when applied to the face this feels like acid. Perhaps because the skin is more sensitive here, the pain lasts about half an hour. After using daily for a few weeks it hurts less, or it is quite possible my pain tolerance has increased...but the presumed areas of eczema haven't shown improvement. For this level of pain I was expecting a better return. I'm giving it a full month though to work its magic."

BM (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Over the past 30-60 days using eucrisa on my face (mild eczema) and upper back (notalgia paresthetica). Itching decreased noticably within a couple weeks, the moderate burning subsided and disappeared after two weeks, and the scaly patch on my forehead has disappeared but I continue to have some scaly skin at brow patch. All positive. Now for the negative-could be coincidence but have noticed some welty, itchy bumps lately where i apply to my back. But my gut is telling me there is a relationship. I wonder if the intense burning with application is from applying too much. Just a thought from somebody who has had long-term mild eczema."

Yoda (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I randomly started getting a red bumpy rash at my nostrils which wrapped around my mouth & chin. Also flaked. Did not itch or burn. I was originally put on a steroid & after I stopped the rash came back after 5 days. I saw my PCP & he gave me a sample 16 days ago. He told me to apply it 2x daily. I’m not so good with skin care sooooo.... I’ve used it 1x daily & missed 4 days. This stuff burns for maybe 2 min. You guys just need to push through the burn ! I love this stuff & once my sample tube is out I will fill my Rx! Great product as far as I’m concerned. For those people who have a full facial problem maybe your doctor needs to find you another product! I wouldn’t want to put this ointment on a full face! OUCH"

CLD February 19, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I have had eczema since I was a baby. My doctor prescribed me Eucrisa for my face (above my lip and all around my lips along with my cheeks & the creases of my arms and legs are the worse) he didn’t want me using hydrocortisone on my face so this is what I got. It burns pretty bad but goes away within 5-10 minutes. I try fanning my face but it doesn’t seem to work lol. But, my inflamed skin has gone down so much! It’s not as red, nor as scaly as it used to be. I am going to keep giving this medicine a try! I hope this is helpful and that it works for all of you as well! Remember to keep fighting that burning sensation so your skin can look good!"

Rina February 17, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Does not work for my 4 or 2 year olds"

Mm (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I have a combination of chronic allergic hives (source unknown to this day) and eczema. I was in true misery for months with completely broken, red, hot, insanely itchy, burning skin before an allergist prescribed me Eucrisa. Within 20 minutes of my first use, my severely irritated skin felt calm enough to put clothing over. It’s the first and only product that worked for me to fade the rash and heal the broken skin, too. (Probably because it allowed me to stop scratching and let it heal.) Before I found Eucrisa I was relying on steroid injections because oral weren’t touching the issue. So thankful I found this product."

Tiffany (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I’ve been using Eucrisa for 10 days now it does seem to help I put on a lotion from Avon that has lidocaine in it first and it numbs my skin on my neck where I have eczema and it makes where it doesn’t hurt or burn or itch when I put the Eucrisa on. It really makes it comfortable to put Eucrisa on my eczema"

Peaches (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I was born with eczema, so I’ve been trying things for 23 years. When prescribed Eucrisa I was excited to think a non steroid cream may help. But this cream is the greasiest and feels like ACID is being poured on my face I’ve never felt such excruciating pain in my life ( and in the past I’ve literally had my skin scraped off with a scalpel for samples) I couldn’t handle it. It dried my skin out and left me greasy as can be. Not worth it"

Anonymous January 31, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Used for bad inverse psoriasis (armpits, groin), and after 6 weeks I am 95% clear. Wonderful medication. Wish the tube were larger, though. Also, first few times I applied Eucrisa there was mild stinging for about 2-3 minutes. Stinging stopped after a few days. For those complaining about the stinging: read the materials that come with Eucrisa."

Jeff (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Hello! I am unlucky to have been born with eczema & asthma. I have it on my hands. One day I had a bad flare up from my allergies around my eyes so bad it was so dry & red ! I also started to get it on my back and stomach. I went to the dermatologist and was prescribed prednisone for 10 days. I used pred one time along with the eucrisa one day not even a full day yet, and my eyes are almost cleared up and my hands! One time!! I will say I can not give this 10 stars like I want to because I haven’t used it long term, AND the unbearable burning sensation I get on my face for 3-5 minutes from it !! It is awful but it feels GREAT and works amazing after that time! I guess since I’m using it on my eyes its more sensitive , but I guess looking at others reviews, it must just be the ointment working!! It is a thicker consistency, I wear face makeup too and I’m fine with it being applied underneath due to my eczema anyways! But I will say so far I like it!"

Born with eczema January 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Literally feels like someone is burning your skin off when you apply. Was using it only on my body and just suffering through the application, because it did help slightly in the beginning. Tried it on my eyelids once (supposedly is safe for around the eyes) and woke up with red and swollen eyes for about 3 days. Was desperate again yesterday for relief on the insides of my elbows, so used it again and now I have hives all over my body and even my face although I didn’t apply it to my face this time. Can’t say for sure this is the cause but it’s the only common denominator I can think of. Don’t waste your money, not worth the pain you will endure."

Disappointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Cream was great. I had eczema was on level ten and it reduced it to a one suffered for years"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Yes, it did burn like crazy when applied. It initially improved the eczema on my hand but it went back to not really doing much good within a week and the eczema on other parts of my body which were so minor as to not be noticed have spread like wildfire and gotten exponentially worse, like a spot the size of a dime has now spread to half of my arm and these areas were never bad until now and I've had eczema for about 6 years."

Patty RN January 12, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "I got samples from my aunt for my dry patches around my nose and upper lips and hairline. First day I used it it burned like fresh hot coffee for about 8-10 minutes. After day 3 it was clearing up my face and stopped burning. Used it twice daily and my eczema was clear. I stopped using it to see how long before it came back and it took about 3 days. Hopefully, my dermatologist can help find a solution that last longer but otherwise I’ll stick with it."

Gymjunkie (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Eucrisa has made my flare ups of eczema WORSE!!!! I scratch so hard now I'm always breaking the skin. Hoping I don't get an infection!!! I had to pay $40 copay for a tube that cost $700. Thats crazy!!! I hope someone can come up with something because we all need some relief from this misery!!!!"

Momma M (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "This has changed my life. I will do whatever I have to do to get this medication. My hands were so bad I could not open a door or bottle of water. 13 dermatologist and 2 allergist and $1000's. Life saver!!!"

moe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "This medication burns like someone is pouring acid on your face. After using it the first time at night (which I cried because it burned so bad) my face became less red after 30 min to an hour, but by the next day it looked exactly the same as it had prior to using the cream. My dermatologist recommended that I put facial lotion on first and then apply the Eucrisa to PREVENT it from burning, but, that turned out to be a laughable solution. The second day I had to talk myself into applying it on my already sore face. It burned for 30 minutes. I have applied it for 5 days now and my eczema is exactly the same; all over my face, weeping, bright red, and itchy. I give up and I really hope my dermatologist can find something else because it is just not worth the pain for no result. I really wanted this to work. The only positive thing I can say is it applies easily and my dermatologist provided me with a coupon that made it $30. Not a fan."

Kate (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "Just applied for the first time on my face and it stings/ burns. Applied on my wrist and forearm and no reaction."

UpstateNYNCM (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole): "It worked only in a small spot of my skin-still, after a month of using it, I noted only a small improvement - not substantial when compared to some over-the-counter items that cost 100x less. The high cost of this medicine, close to $700, is questionable. I suggest not to purchase this almost useless medicine (in my case) unless you obtain free samples and run tests on your skin."

Albin (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2018