User Reviews for Crisaborole topical

Atopic Dermatitis
5.6

Summary of Crisaborole reviews 5.7 189 reviews

Reviews for Crisaborole

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for : "I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this before: Eucrisa does NOT absorb into the skin... it merely "sits on top." It's sticky, like Vaseline, and if you use it on your face (like I did), you'll be walking around with a wet, shiny face all day. It didn't work at ALL for my condition (Rosacea), and it burned... it was very painful & it made the redness and swelling worse. I'm not a chemist or anything, but this is the first time I've used a topical medication that didn't absorb into the skin. It makes me wonder how a drug could possibly work at all if isn't absorbed?"

Red (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I can't remember the last time I cried before using Eucrisa. I now can point out the exact date. May 15, 2019 Today was the 5th application and holy moly, my eyeballs had flames protruding from for the last 10 minutes. I had some odd swelling, redness and irritation on both eyelids and below the eye. I put Eucrisa on them and was happy that it alleviated the symptoms with little discomfort. Until today... My symptoms were raw just like my flaming eyelids. This may be the source of the most pain I have experienced for 8 minutes. I closed my eyes, fanned with my hands, put a water bottle on them and hoped it didn't blind me if it made it's way down. It didn't and I still have the gift of sight. Eucrisa is very effective but feels like hemorhoids on your eyes (if this is where you are affected). The pain let's you know it is working. Again, the first 6 applications were tolerable. I paid $10 for this giant tube of flames with a coupon."

Flaming eyeballs May 16, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Eucrisa burned so much the moment I put it onto my face I couldn't handle it. I had to wash it off with cold water and simply apply my regular moisturizer."

nestea (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I used it for 4 weeks and saw no improvement. I saw 15% improvement with hydrocortisone but only for a few weeks then it got worse. I used frankincense oil with vaseline for the same few weeks and it's now almost gone. Thanks for nothing eucrisa. Save your $700 and doctor visit and get you some frankincense oil. But it's also not cheap. Around $100 per bottle but a lot cheaper than the alternative"

ethorp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Guys, do NOT use this medication. The last time I had an ointment that burned like this, it was found to be a carcinogen two years later. Find a medicine that's been on the market for a LONG time (I use a combo of Desonide and Triamcinolone) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg."

TimeAgain42 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I've had eczema since I was a child and her I am now 41 yrs old and my new dermatologist gave me a sample of Eucrisa. I can only speak for myself and I see what others have dealt with on this site. Let me start by saying I used aquaphor and cetaphil for years and Vaseline and wrapped my skin with plastic to keep it moisturized. I saw my derm on Monday 4/29/19 and 4 days later 5/3/2019 it has cleared up tremendously no itching the color is coming back to normal. I highly recommend this product I have brown skin and the patched were dark to the point I do not show my legs but this summer I will be showing leg leg and more leg. lol I am sure my insurance would cover this medication but he gave me some samples and I am truly blessed."

eczema w/ skin dicoloration (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Eucrisa is extremely painful to use. My doctor told me it was okay to use around my eyes, but I could not handle the burning pain. It was so painful that I fell to floor trying to calm the burning down. My eczema is the same but I have to ice my eyes to try and get rid of the burning feeling."

Monica (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "It does almost nothing to help my severe total body eczema. I blend it in with vanicream moisturizer. It burns a little bit briefly on the face, but at least Eucrisa is better than nothing at all. It's mostly something to use on days when I must take a break from using steroids."

Eczemaman7797 April 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have been using Eucrisa for 2 years, but I am giving up on it. I stopped using it on my face a month ago. Eucrisa seems to do nothing. My face is actually better off without using it. I was blending it in with my moisturizer to use on my face and neck every day, but a few hours afterwards my face and neck were always getting very red. I am less red overall when I don't use it. It didn't burn much at all, but it doesn't work."

eczema man (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Eucrisa did not work at all, in fact, if made my skin a lot worse. I broke out in a horrible rash, as did the only other person I knew who had been given this from their dermatologist for eczema like I was. It burns and leaves skin worse than when it started. I do not understand how it is marketed as a miracle fix for eczema. I now understand why my insurance did not want to pay for this."

Ve April 12, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Eucrisa didn't burn, but it didn't work at all."

itchy (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for : "100% clearance of Palmar plantar pustular Psoriasis (PPPP) within 30 days of using Eucrisa. Use as needed now. Maybe once a week or when I remember. Nothing else worked for me. I must have overactive PDE4 enzymes"

Ep (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I’ve dealt with eczema my entire life, I used steroids for years which bleached my skin and made me extremely self conscious. It usually only flares up a couple times a year in the same spot but as I got older it spread to my neck and face. I did not want to use steroid cream so my doctor prescribed this. Yes it burns for just a few minutes but it subsided after a few uses (maybe after the open skin heals?). It has been a life saver. I don’t use it every single day but when my skin is flaring up and it immediately heals within a few days and doesn’t come back. If you can deal with the burning for a couple days I highly recommend."

T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I am torn on how to review this. Luckily my dermatologist warned me about possible burning and suggested I mix it with face lotion. I tried this and, dear god! It burned like nothing I have ever felt. I was tearing up and actually sweating from the pain, that caused more hurt even so I had to remove. I eventually figured out if I put on a layer of aquafor (which has similar consistency) then put on a little Eucrisa it was manageable but still quite painful (would have a glass of ice water and ice pack ready to immediately apply to help). This actually did seem to help and my skin felt smoother and saw less flaking but I just couldn’t face this torture every day. I hoped the burning would decrease like some other reviewers experienced but it never did."

PippiL11 March 20, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "First thought this stuff is so greasy. My eczema problem at the time was majorly my hands. It makes it hard to do anything cause my hands were so greasy. Yes it burns but I thought if it helps I’ll deal with it. At first my hands improved, the cut type places healed BUT now its all WORSE. My hands are worst than they were to begin with, but I now have it in places I’ve never had it before and some places have grown largely. I’m so disappointed and upset. I’m mentally exhausted with this eczema stuff and now it’s worse. "

Britt09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I had tried everything to get rid of the eczema on my hands that I have have suffered with for the last 10 years. I've tried various steroids, UV light therapy, Dupixent injections, wrapping my hands in petroleum jelly overnight. I had come to accept that my hands were just going to be inflamed and look awful for the rest of my life. The best thing I could do was try to wrap the cracks on my fingers with band-aids to try to keep the pain down. Then I tried Eucrisa and the results were staggering, the first time I applied it, I noticed significant improvement by the next day and after two weeks of use, my hands are completely clear. And when a little crack tries to make an appearance, a little application to the area, and the crack is gone the next day. I don't know how it works, but it has indeed worked wonders for me."

RB (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Works quickly, better than any over the counter or Rx eczema steroid I've ever had. It doesn't burn or cause irritation on my hands, my most troublesome area. I love this stuff tbh."

Shawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "As others have experienced, when applied to the face this feels like acid. Perhaps because the skin is more sensitive here, the pain lasts about half an hour. After using daily for a few weeks it hurts less, or it is quite possible my pain tolerance has increased...but the presumed areas of eczema haven't shown improvement. For this level of pain I was expecting a better return. I'm giving it a full month though to work its magic."

BM (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Over the past 30-60 days using eucrisa on my face (mild eczema) and upper back (notalgia paresthetica). Itching decreased noticably within a couple weeks, the moderate burning subsided and disappeared after two weeks, and the scaly patch on my forehead has disappeared but I continue to have some scaly skin at brow patch. All positive. Now for the negative-could be coincidence but have noticed some welty, itchy bumps lately where i apply to my back. But my gut is telling me there is a relationship. I wonder if the intense burning with application is from applying too much. Just a thought from somebody who has had long-term mild eczema."

Yoda (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I randomly started getting a red bumpy rash at my nostrils which wrapped around my mouth & chin. Also flaked. Did not itch or burn. I was originally put on a steroid & after I stopped the rash came back after 5 days. I saw my PCP & he gave me a sample 16 days ago. He told me to apply it 2x daily. I’m not so good with skin care sooooo.... I’ve used it 1x daily & missed 4 days. This stuff burns for maybe 2 min. You guys just need to push through the burn ! I love this stuff & once my sample tube is out I will fill my Rx! Great product as far as I’m concerned. For those people who have a full facial problem maybe your doctor needs to find you another product! I wouldn’t want to put this ointment on a full face! OUCH"

CLD February 19, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have had eczema since I was a baby. My doctor prescribed me Eucrisa for my face (above my lip and all around my lips along with my cheeks & the creases of my arms and legs are the worse) he didn’t want me using hydrocortisone on my face so this is what I got. It burns pretty bad but goes away within 5-10 minutes. I try fanning my face but it doesn’t seem to work lol. But, my inflamed skin has gone down so much! It’s not as red, nor as scaly as it used to be. I am going to keep giving this medicine a try! I hope this is helpful and that it works for all of you as well! Remember to keep fighting that burning sensation so your skin can look good!"

Rina February 17, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Does not work for my 4 or 2 year olds"

Mm (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have a combination of chronic allergic hives (source unknown to this day) and eczema. I was in true misery for months with completely broken, red, hot, insanely itchy, burning skin before an allergist prescribed me Eucrisa. Within 20 minutes of my first use, my severely irritated skin felt calm enough to put clothing over. It’s the first and only product that worked for me to fade the rash and heal the broken skin, too. (Probably because it allowed me to stop scratching and let it heal.) Before I found Eucrisa I was relying on steroid injections because oral weren’t touching the issue. So thankful I found this product."

Tiffany (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I’ve been using Eucrisa for 10 days now it does seem to help I put on a lotion from Avon that has lidocaine in it first and it numbs my skin on my neck where I have eczema and it makes where it doesn’t hurt or burn or itch when I put the Eucrisa on. It really makes it comfortable to put Eucrisa on my eczema"

Peaches (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2019

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I was born with eczema, so I’ve been trying things for 23 years. When prescribed Eucrisa I was excited to think a non steroid cream may help. But this cream is the greasiest and feels like ACID is being poured on my face I’ve never felt such excruciating pain in my life ( and in the past I’ve literally had my skin scraped off with a scalpel for samples) I couldn’t handle it. It dried my skin out and left me greasy as can be. Not worth it"

Anonymous January 31, 2019