User Reviews for Crisaborole

Also known as: Eucrisa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Crisaborole.

Atopic Dermatitis
6.9

Summary of Crisaborole reviews 6.9 61 reviews

Reviews for Crisaborole

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Ever since I was 9 I have had very extreme eczema, and I mean REALLY bad. I was born with light brown skin, but as I grew older my arms, and neck got darker and dry. When I used steroid ointment my cracked skin would clear up for a couple of months but soon it would be back to square 1. I just recently been prescribed Eucrisa by my allergy doctor. Every time I use it my skin would burn like crazy. I don't think I'll ever use this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My daughter was prescribed this medication for very dry, red patches on her face. After a few days of use her face was covered with acne and she felt burning and rawness on her face. Her face became even more red than it was initially! Once she stopped using the ointment it calmed down. We won’t be using this anymore. Back to the drawing board ☹️"

AMama4 February 13, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "This cream is Amazing! I have battled atopic dermatitis for nearly 2 years without much relief. I used steroids which would clear it up, then a few weeks after stopping it was back. My hands were so cracked and bleeding it was unbearable. Once I tried this my life has been changed. I have never experienced the burning. My hands do itch a little but no signs of the cracking and bleeding. I am so thankful."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I’ve had eczema on my face for about 11 years now, Doctor prescribed steroids creams and pills which had it’s drawbacks. So they decided to give me Eucrisa, and in all honesty it helped. It stings a lot on even just the smallest cuts from light scratching, but it helps. Try to mix it with Vaseline to dilute it (stinging), and to help moisturize your skin. It sucks to have eczema especially on the face because its exposed to constant environmental change. So it flares up the most for me during weather changes."

Menat February 3, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "It has been the first drug that has worked for me. Now I am on Medicare and I cannot afford $600 a month. Why is it so expensive? I just can't pay the price of my monthly house payment for a medication that has been around for a while."

TellCity January 30, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "MY 5yr old daughter has battled mild eczema since she has been born. She has been on a mid level steroid cream. I never realized the potential harm that can come with repeated use of a steroid cream, such as hypopigmentation and skin atrophy. When Eucrisa came into the market, it was an absolute no brained for us to ask to be switched to this new steroid free option!! This medication has been amazing. My daughter sees quick results, and I can feel safe knowing that there is no limit on duration of use unlike the steroid cream where we had to stop use after 10-14 days of use! My daughter has mentioned a little bit of burning and stinging on a few occasions, but it has gone away and is an afterthought within 5 minutes!! Having an effective and safe treatment available has beeen overwhelming welcomed in our home!! Thank you Pfizer!!"

BigBeliever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 29, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Dermatologist provided the idea of a new drug approved recently that has had great results , as know as Eucrisa. During that time I had a major outbreak of eczema ( atopic dermatitis) on arms, neck, and face ( eye lids, around eyes, upper lip ) etc. I tried the samples and it burned at a rate I could not handle, especially my facial area. I have had more pleasure using steroid creams then this “non steroid” Eucrisa. Did it calm down my major outbreak ? Sure . But since then I have had redness on and off on my face that Eucrisa can not solve , along with a steroid cream . I was some what pleased initially, but long term it really doesn’t fix , just temporarily masks the issue . Just like the rest on here , the search continues for relief."

E.D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My granddaughter was given this for her severe weather eczema. I made her let me put it all over her. She could not stop itching for hours. Just made it worse!!!"

Rdcfty (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I use this for eczema flare ups on my neck/forearms and it clears it up in a few days. However, the burning is really painful. It is more painful than getting a tattoo in my opinion. It works but it definitely is a bad burning sensation"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Love it. I use and so do my children. I'm very thankful for this medicine!"

Itch free (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2018

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Completely ineffective. Horrible burning feeling. Made skin worse."

MAFNY December 31, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Works great for me. Clearing eczema up on my face. It burns, but it goes away quickly (5 minutes?) and has no other side effects. Wish my insurance covered it!"

Jojobita December 24, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I had severe eczema flair ups on my lips and was concerned about continued steroid use on my face. I was given a sample of eucrisa to try. The first time I used it it burned so bad that immediately washed it off and thought something wasn’t right, like maybe I was allergic or something. I tried again the next day and fought through the five minutes of intense burning. It cleared me up but the burning is a major bummer or a side effect. Especially when it’s on such a sensitive area like your face. I found that if there is any open skin at all that’s when it hurts the most. I find the pain to be worth it though as it generally works and is steroid free"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I loved eucrisa for the first few weeks. It burned a little and then caused peeling, but after that my eczema was amazing. I primarily used it on my hands- where I have the most severe eczema. After constant use my hands were getting more red and itchy- in places I didn’t usually have issues like my palms and the back of my hands. So I used more, and it got so much worse. I stopped using it and went back to my normal steroid cream, and I went back to my baseline. I was so excited for a non steroidal cream, but I had a bad reaction with continual use : ("

Mariel5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "THIS MEDICINE IS HORRIBLE, I have terrible outbursts of dry itching skin all over my body and face. I got prescribed this and all it did was cause horrible excruciating pain from stinging and burning!!! Looks like I'm back to using steroid creams, benadryl, and cortisone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have been suffering for 5 years with dime to quarter size red spots that scale over every night. My dermatologist has tried dozens of treatments to no avail until Eucrisa. My husband saw this advertised on TV and suggested I ask my doctor. He had samples and instructed me on how to use. The first morning after using I saw a change. Now after 2 weeks I haven't got one single scale. The spots are slightly red still. This could be scarring or they may lighten. It has only been 2 weeks. These spots have been part of my appearance for 5 years so there could very likely be scarring. But even how it is now is completely amazing. Only the slightest burning during the first week. The downside is it is greasy. So I use it sparingly on each spot."

Snowflurie (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Works great! Virtually stopped the itching and brought down the redness in my face that I've been battling with no relief for the past few months overnight. Unfortunately, IT BURNS! Good gosh does it burn my face! Bring tears to my eyes burns. Worse than any steroid cream I've ever used. But it does not burn using it on my hands/back/legs/chest. Hope it takes the place of protopic/mometasone. So far so good."

Mannyhe (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My skin, especially my face, flared up horribly in the summer and my local dermatologist recommended Eucrisa for my face only. I was initially very pleased as the red turned to pink and my skin stopped flaking but within a month, it just flat out stopped working and the red came back in nasty patches. Plus the ointment actually encouraged itching and scratching. I have since starting using this First Aid Beauty Ultimate Moisture Cream I bought off of QVC and it's actually doing a better job...still some dryness but pink instead of red and fewer patches I'll take anyday. And yes, when I put Eucrisa on, all that goes through my head is Linda Blair screaming "It burns. It burns" from 'The Exorcist.""

Jim S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I can't really rate the product because I couldn't take the immense pain that nearly put me into shock. After 4 or 5 minutes I had to wipe it off. I have sensitive skin on my face and overall, thin skin. Am I the >1% that is allergic? I'm guessing so."

Aunt Ann (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Had terrible, raw, itchy eczema for 10 years on backs of both hands. Tried everything and nothing worked. Saw ad for eucrisa on tv, called my doctor, and got it quickly. It does burn when it goes on, but after several applications it goes away. My skin is completely clear! Took only 3 days!!"

Dmon December 14, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Eczema is uncomfortable. Adding a burning hot pain is not acceptable. The last thing you want on an outbreak is heat. This should not be acceptable."

Madi123456 December 13, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Hey guys, so just a bit of advice, try to let your eczema heal up a bit (somehow, I know its hard thats why we buying creams) so that there are not as many or as “deep” open sores/cracks, you can still moisten it up with vaseline and use things like polysporin eczema, wrap your ankle in clear ceran wrap when you sleep to avoid scratching during sleep and it stays moist, almost every cream will have a slight burning sensation if you have cracks or open sores, my left ankle gets soo bad that its raw, thats when it burns no matter what I do, even my sheets touching it burns, so try to heal it up a bit, at least most deep open sores before applying this stuff to avoid the burn. My right ankle has fully healed now thanks to these steps."

Dude1990 December 8, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I am 57 and have suffered from eczema my whole life. I am allergic to everything and have constant itching on my face mostly. Sometimes I cannot figure out what has triggered when it gets worse. I have used steroid creams regularly for the last 40 years and when extremely bad they will put me on prednisone which is awesome until it comes back soon after I am off the medicine. I have been using Eucrista now for a week. It really stung at first but, fingers crossed, my eczema is MUCH better and it feels like there are a couple new layers of skin on my face.... Hoping."

Chris KC December 5, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My 8 year old daughter has had severe atopic dermatitis and eczema, exacerbated by allergies, almost her whole life. It's so severe that her skin is consistently like raw meat, cracked open, and bleeds. This medicine says not to use on irritated skin. Is that a joke? Because the condition it claims to treat is in fact what it says to not use it on. Adding further insult, is the excruciating pain that comes along with the treatment. My daughter says she'd rather deal with the bullying, torment, unsightlyness, itching, irritation, pain and bleeding than use this medicine. How sad they develop a medicine that causes more pain than it's worth for children. I thought perhaps my daughters struggles would be cured. Back to the drawing board folks."

KierstynEmbersMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

Eucrisa (crisaborole) for Atopic Dermatitis: "It says "Do not use this medicine on open wounds or on sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated skin." LOL! What is eczema- its dry irritated skin that sometimes has open wounds!"

Tiredofeczema November 17, 2017