User Reviews for Acthar

6.8

Juvenile Rheumatoid ArthritisNot rated - Be the first1 review 162 medications
Summary of Acthar reviews 8.0 8 reviews

Reviews for Acthar

For Multiple Sclerosis "This medication works great for me it knocks out my optic neuritis quickly. It takes about a week to calm down my other relapse symptoms. It has allowed me to work during my relapses. The drug company paid my co pay so it cost me nothing."

Anonymous January 10, 2018

For Sarcoidosis "amazing medication"

pbs12 November 8, 2017

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "Been on this medicine for 12 weeks and at first it was great and then here comes the side effects. Raised blood sugar, increase in sweating, bruising, skin discoloration where the injection site, itching at injection site, abdominal weight gain. Then of course the price of the medication. Insurance and the Achtar foundation covered the cost but still yikes."

Sahara_6 August 13, 2017

For Multiple Sclerosis "Great experience!!"

Ms help (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Acthar for about a year. It has been the first medicine since my diagnosis (12 years ago) that has helped me. My only concern is the long term side effects which are not known. It is expensive but I have not had to pay anything out of pocket with the help from the Chronic Disease Fund and my insurance."

Clutch07 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 25, 2014

For Allergies "very good"

gulab singh yadav (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2014

For Multiple Sclerosis "I am allergic to steroids and we used this once in my first flare up after a year of relapse. The initial results were great, but the episode returned in less than two weeks after the treatment ended. Worse side effect was a huge increase in blood sugar. The cost of the medication is outrageous even with great insurance. "

kilkennyblue May 25, 2013

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've used this twice for a flare up as it was thought that I was allergic to steroids. This medication is a gel, injected. Its about a 2 week course (2 vials) and slowly stimulates your own steroids production to help with flare ups. My own experience is that I felt very ill during the first week, as steroid production amps up, you get the typical steroid feelings. it is very expensive, but my insurance paid for this. "

Christin in CO February 23, 2012