User Reviews for Acthar

Allergies 1 reviews 55 medications

Multiple Sclerosis 3 reviews 87 medications

Summary of Acthar reviews 6 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Acthar

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "Been on this medicine for 12 weeks and at first it was great and then here comes the side effects. Raised blood sugar, increase in sweating, bruising, skin discoloration where the injection site, itching at injection site, abdominal weight gain. Then of course the price of the medication. Insurance and the Achtar foundation covered the cost but still yikes."

Sahara_6 August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Sclerosis "Great experience!!"

Ms help (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Acthar for about a year. It has been the first medicine since my diagnosis (12 years ago) that has helped me. My only concern is the long term side effects which are not known. It is expensive but I have not had to pay anything out of pocket with the help from the Chronic Disease Fund and my insurance."

Clutch07 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 25, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergies "very good"

gulab singh yadav (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Sclerosis "I am allergic to steroids and we used this once in my first flare up after a year of relapse. The initial results were great, but the episode returned in less than two weeks after the treatment ended. Worse side effect was a huge increase in blood sugar. The cost of the medication is outrageous even with great insurance. "

kilkennyblue May 25, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've used this twice for a flare up as it was thought that I was allergic to steroids. This medication is a gel, injected. Its about a 2 week course (2 vials) and slowly stimulates your own steroids production to help with flare ups. My own experience is that I felt very ill during the first week, as steroid production amps up, you get the typical steroid feelings. it is very expensive, but my insurance paid for this. "

Christin in CO February 23, 2012