User Reviews for Acthar

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Acthar.

Reviews for Acthar to treat Multiple Sclerosis

"This medication works great for me it knocks out my optic neuritis quickly. It takes about a week to calm down my other relapse symptoms. It has allowed me to work during my relapses. The drug company paid my co pay so it cost me nothing."

Anonymous January 10, 2018

"Great experience!!"

Ms help (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

"I am allergic to steroids and we used this once in my first flare up after a year of relapse. The initial results were great, but the episode returned in less than two weeks after the treatment ended. Worse side effect was a huge increase in blood sugar. The cost of the medication is outrageous even with great insurance. "

kilkennyblue May 25, 2013

"I've used this twice for a flare up as it was thought that I was allergic to steroids. This medication is a gel, injected. Its about a 2 week course (2 vials) and slowly stimulates your own steroids production to help with flare ups. My own experience is that I felt very ill during the first week, as steroid production amps up, you get the typical steroid feelings. it is very expensive, but my insurance paid for this. "

Christin in CO February 23, 2012