User Reviews for Premarin Vaginal

Premarin Vaginal has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings on Drugs.com. 56% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 25% reported a negative experience.

Postmenopausal Symptoms
6.4
Atrophic Vaginitis
Atrophic Urethritis
3.7
Summary of Premarin Vaginal reviews 6.7 16 reviews

Reviews for Premarin Vaginal

Pogmothoin · February 24, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “I was on bioidentical HRT for a couple of years before I had to have a hysterectomy. I was able to keep my ovaries, vagina and cervix. After the surgery, I was only allowed to take my transdermal estrogen; no more progesterone. I am 60 years old now and have had painful, unpleasant intercourse for some time. My gyn noticed how dry I looked and talked to me about it and gave me a prescription for this. I am so glad she did. I was hurting after my exam and used it that night. It made a difference overnight. It isn't messy at all. I use it at bedtime twice a week. I'm so glad there was a solution to this problem that is rarely talked about. A friend chided me for taking a non-bioidentical and I told her that I don't care.”

MsStarbright · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 2, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had dryness and inflammation of vaginal area due to post menopause. Also, I had stress incontinence and would leak a little urine whenever I sneezed. And, I had a sore feeling around my urethra and frequently felt like I had a urinary tract infection, when I actually didn't. All in all, my general condition was miserable. My gynecologist prescribed Premarin cream to be applied in a pea-sized amount to vagina entrance 3X per week. I started feeling improvement within a few days, so I applied the small dosage every night in order to expedite the healing! It took about 2 weeks to stop the stress incontinence (so nice!), and about 7 weeks to heal the vaginal area. Excellent! I plan on using Premarin cream indefinitely.”

AML-L · July 20, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “I am 56 years old, and my periods stopped 18 months ago. Over the past 6 months I began suffering from vaginal dryness and tightness, which resulted in painful intercourse, even when using a lubricant. After using Premarin vaginal cream for just one week, vaginal dryness and tightness was significantly reduced and there was no pain during intercourse. I've now reduced Premarin cream usage to just two times per week, and I'm continuing to feel the benefits. I haven't felt any side effects.”

Jo · Taken for less than 1 month · August 25, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Every time I squeeze tube and place medicine into the syringe the medicine never stops coming out of the tube. I can't get the medicine to stop coming out. This is very frustrating because it is super expensive!!! There has to be a better way.”

Joy · June 17, 2020

“I had large loss of Premarin cream when squeezed into applicator. I learned to hold finger over the opening before and after filling the applicator and squeeze gently. This eliminates any loss. Also get some needle nosed pliers to squeeze out last bit of cream as about 3 doses are still in the tube after it appears to be empty.”

Loribean · Taken for less than 1 month · June 30, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I use HRT so I can live a long healthy life without falling apart. I’m trying the Premarin cream to use as a systemic treatment not just for the local vaginal effects. I do not tolerate synthetic estrogens well. I’ve been using 1 gram per day and so far so good. Premarin is harvested humanely now so don’t believe the animal rights freaks. I love horses and I’m so thankful for this medicine that’s been safely prescribed since 1942. No I do not work for the pharmaceutical industry!!”

Tsarina · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 19, 2021

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “I was particularly turned off by the reusable applicator. I couldn’t get it cleaned out, no matter how many q tips I used. This didn’t seem very hygienic to me. After doing some investigation I found disposable applicators (same as the one included) on Amazon at a very affordable price. No I don’t work for them or sell them. I hate to put more plastic into landfills, but I hate it even more to put their “reusable” applicator into me!!”

artzy1 · Taken for 5 to 10 years · June 11, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Considering the cost of Premarin Vaginal Cream, I would think they could find a way to stop the air bubbles in the tube AND somehow cure the way it is impossible to stop the medicine from flowing out of the tube after each use.”

Hotflashlady · Taken for less than 1 month · February 6, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was having extreme hot flashes every day and night. They would wake me out of my sleep. On a scale of 1-10 my hot flashes were at 15. My vaginal dryness was maybe at a 2. After my second day on this cream my hot flashes are gone thank you Jesus!! I would recommend to any woman having hot flashes”

Suffering · Taken for less than 1 month · November 6, 2021

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “I started having menopausal symptoms at 34-35. I had chronic infections over a 10yr+period. Burning, itching, irritation. And it only got worse after my recent hysterectomy. I kept my ovaries. I'm only 45 (just turned 45). The burning and pain was becoming unbearable. Went to another OBGYN in the office (mine was off). She recommended premarin. It has saved my life!!!!!! I don't know how I can re-pay her. Been using the vaginal cream for 4 days now. I have my life back. I will pay the money. I was SUFFERING. After multiple treatments for infections, lab work for STD's etc. This has saved my LIFE. I will forever be grateful to her.”

Ruth Williams · January 18, 2017

For Atrophic Urethritis: “I had such horrible cramps after one use I could not even use Premarin vaginal again. Two different doctors scoffed at my situation and as I have done my own research I have found out that this is very common. It's time for doctors to start listening more and prescribing less!”

Jlm · September 11, 2021

For Atrophic Urethritis: “I have lichen sclerosus also I’m 60 with a hysterectomy It has helped me tremendously, sex is the best ever at 60 after having pain and tearing for years. I am concerned about it might be the culprit in reoccurring yeast and UTI. It could be the reusable applicators I see I can buy more after reading here. I want to know if anyone else gets a tingly feeling after using regularly? I keep thinking it’s a UTI, I go round n round with these things.”

Happy Mily · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 10, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Great results. Had a burning feeling, dryness, and felt like I had a urinary infection when I didn't . Started using g a pea size 3 x a week and it’s gotten so much better. I will be using this cream until my doctor says to stop”

Quite contrary · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 6, 2020

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “Premarin cream helped me tremendously but the cost is not affordable, $421, so I went through Canada. Why is it affordable for men to get help and enjoy sex and not women?”

straycat · Taken for less than 1 month · September 20, 2020

For Atrophic Urethritis: “I had to stop using the Premarin vaginal cream (dose 0.5 GM 4x/week) after 4 doses due to extreme swelling of the vaginal and vulvar tissues. I'm going to try Replens next.”

Anne · Taken for less than 1 month · August 12, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This drug is made from the urine of pregnant mares hooked up to a catheter their entire life!!!! Educate yourself. Get a synthetic form.”

tacky38 · Taken for less than 1 month · August 14, 2014

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Air bubbles in tube cause loss of medication.”