User Reviews for Onfi to treat Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome

Onfi has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 30% reported a negative effect.

Onfi Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome.

Reviews for Onfi

nyc1962 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2018

“A caregiver review. Started our adult daughter on Onfi for LGS (Lennox-Gastaut syndrome). In my opinion, there is an interaction between ONFI and Psych medication. It appears that the interaction amplifies many of the Onfi side effects (physical and behavior). Since ONFI was the only new variable in her medication regime what we observed was more than mere coincidence. Please carefully read the FDA listed side effects of the medication. Onfi is the Neurology team’s new and favorite drug. They can’t or won’t acknowledge that the list side effects are from the result of Onfi. Neurology will go out of their way to blame everything else under the sun.”

Lynne Y July 21, 2016

“Justin became very shaky, weak, lost stability that he has not gained back. He went into massive seizures when on the drug. After two hospitalizations, we took him off. It has been over a year and he continues to have difficulty with standing up in the mornings and walking all the time.”

Anonymous March 14, 2021

“I’ve been taking Onfi and had about five seizures a year now. The side effects are I can’t walk good, sometimes get mad very fast and I can’t even stand be around people anymore. I want to get off this drug. I’m starting to take magnesium, zinc, d3, b complex, omegas have not had a seizure since June and sorry that the doctors trying to keep me on this drug .”

Caleb's mother February 9, 2014

“This has been the best medicine for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome in our sons 11 years. It was tough going for about 6 months of severe highs and lows of crying to laughing hysterically. But getting through that has been amazing. He's more vocal, his pupils are not staying dilated and he seems to understand more. I would tell any parent looking for help to please give this medicine a try.”

Harry 6000 November 20, 2017

“It has an opiod effect. I forget words I've know all my life. I am more fatigued. My doctor prescribed it for me "because". I haven't noticed any effect. Coming off the drug, my foot and upper leg get shaky. It is also a very expensive drug.”

STex April 20, 2016

“The worst of 32 tried over the past 41 years.”

MimiMax'sMom January 18, 2014

“Worked really well for several months, then breakthroughs. Adding Banzel now.”