User Reviews for Sinemet

Learn more about Sinemet.

Sinemet Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome.

Reviews for Sinemet to treat Restless Legs Syndrome

"I am going on my 5th pregnancy with boy number 5. Around 9 weeks my legs were flopping around like a half-dead fish out of water that is what my legs looked like about every 30-40 seconds all day and night unless I was walking constantly. I begged my doctor to give me something, anything. She refused. I tried every natural remedy I could think of. She finally gave me sinomet at 25/100 mg dose half a pill and it worked wonders but I noticed after a few weeks of taking it wore off faster and then my legs became worse so my doctor has to keep increasing my dosage. I am 30 weeks now and at 2 pills a day. I take in half and quarter increments throughout the day to avoid the onset of the RLS. if taken properly it works great."

Pregnantwithrls July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Sinemet for several years.... it has work great for me. I take one every night before bed. But I have recently stopped taking it and turned to using essential oils instead, I have not taken a Sinemet for the last 10 nights and have had no issues with my RLS! But I would recommend it to any one who is looking for relief from the symptoms! Myself I prefer natural ways to help with my ailments!"

Pamda (taken for 10 years or more) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At first I thought Sinemet was the greatest thing ever. I took it for two years and began to suffer all sorts of odd side effects which I didn't at first associate with the drug. But the worst was one that nearly killed me. I didn't even realize it was happening at first because I was having brief periods of blackout. I'd be walking and suddenly feel as though the earth had shifted under my feet. It finally happened while I was driving. I snapped out of it, fortunately without hitting anyone or anything, but didn't know where I was. I stopped taking it and all the symptoms I'd experienced disappeared."

Simbidia (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have to take more and more. It wears off fast. I also get constipated and itch like crazy from it!"

lizzann (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using carbi now for several years and it is a great drug. But I have a problem in the summers. When it gets hot I start getting High Uric acid (gout). I would like to know if any one else has this problem. And if so what did you do. What did your Dr do? "

KarenEdgemon August 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Sinemet for at least 15 years. I have not had to raise the dosage due to augmentation as of yet. This is the very first medicine I tried for restless legs syndrome and it works so well for me I don't feel the need to try the newer medicines. I have had restless legs syndrome since my teens and am now hitting 60."

deej416 (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I worked on my feet for 10 years now and developed restless leg about 2 years ago. No one understands what it is until they've encountered it themselves. I am prescribed Sinemet and I love it. I usually only take it when symptoms start (when those legs start a feeling funny). I am very fortunate because I suffer no side effects. I do not get sleepy and it doesn't bother my stomach. I would highly recommend this medication for anyone who is unfortunate enough to suffer from this."

MasonsMommy May 14, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This has been a God send for me. I have been prescribed carbidopa-levodopa 25/100 for 10 years and am currently 53 (age). While it may affect others differently, I have seen absolutely no side effects. If I am beginning to feel restless legs syndrome, this medicine seems to take about an hour to eliminate the symptoms. Since these symptoms seem to come over me as I relax into the evening, I simply take one in advance and another just before bed. I also take it just before long drives and flights. Works great for me and I hope others may be as fortunate. I tried Requip at one time but it made me groggy."

KevinP504 (taken for 10 years or more) December 13, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had restless legs syndrome for years due to iron deficiency. I took Sinemet for about a year and it seemed to work great for me. However, I could not take the full or even half of the dose because it really made me feel drowzy the following day so I would break it up and take a very small piece of the pill. Also, if you don't go to bed after taking it and stay up for a while, it can have the adverse effect on you. Makes you really sleepy, but make your restless legs symptoms worse. Good Luck!"

Amy Darrell February 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from restless legs syndrome since 14 years ago and been taking Sinemet since. The only medication that works for me but only lasts for 2 to 3 hours then need to take again. For about nearly 2 years I came to realize that after eating food or drink contain msg/monosodiom glutamate - 621,627 which will contribute my suffering so if I eat less of this and will be less suffering. "

Kampret January 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It is working great for me and unlike other medications it is not a controlled drug nor addicting."

Anonymous May 15, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have Restless legs both at night and during the day. The Sinemet helps some at night, but doesn't last through the night. I can't take it during the day because it makes me sleepy and upsets my stomach. If I take it with food it doesn't work at all. I have a heart condition, so there are some medicines I can't take."

Pat621 October 2, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Sinemet works great for my restless legs syndrome, even better than the drugs more popularly prescribed. It is absolutely the one medication I cannot live without!"

Anonymous August 20, 2010