User Reviews for Atacand to treat High Blood Pressure

Atacand has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 40% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Atacand Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 284 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Val · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2018

“I had shortness of breath, puffy left foot, itchy scalp, weight gain abdominal fullness, loose bowels, and still had high blood pressure. When I was taking 32mg I also dark urine, joint pain muscle calf pain. I could not walk far I had been walking between 3 and 4 klms daily ended up not being able to walk half a kilometre. This drug did not make me feel better. I started off on 8mg - that was ok, then 16mg ok but at 32mg dose I had huge problems”

kuchleran February 6, 2008

“Started Atacand HCT with BP ~ 180/90 & bad headache. Five hours later with BP unchanged, took 2 aspirin for headache after verifying compatibility with manufacturer. Two hours later BP 132/77. Fifteen hours after first dose, took second dose of Atacand HCT with BP 166/93. BP remained at ~ 160/90 for next 14 hours. After two doses, six aspirin, and 36 hours, BP dropped to ~ 135/78 and stayed. After a month, a high BP reading was 141/76 and a low 105/66. Noted: lim BP increase with exertion.”

donlwashington June 3, 2010

“This medicine caused me to have hot flashes, after taking it for a week.”

Janjann · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 28, 2017

“The only medication that controls my blood press all the time, even when in a stressful situation. Still have to take a diuretic. No hot flashes or ear draining.”

cazzie123 September 3, 2014

“Chronic sinus and ear drainage”

Anonymous September 29, 2011

“Did not help blood pressure at all. Made pulse go high-106 at one point. Went back to Cozaar.”

veronica#1 August 29, 2009

“So far so good at 8mg of Atacand.”