User Reviews for Ziac

High Blood Pressure   5.6

Reviews for Ziac

James March 2, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “I was taking Brand necessary Ziac and it was discontinued. I was never able to tolerate the generic Ziac/bisoprolol due to the side effects. I was searching for a similar product and came across a notice that the Brand Ziac was now available. I was happy and looking forward to feeling better. I was very surprised to find that the brand Ziac and Bisoprolol had the same imprint b 40. After some research I was told it is the same pill. It is not the Brand Ziac that I took in the past. Be careful if you’ve had a reaction to the generic in the past. The pill says Ziac but it is the generic.”

Belle · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 6, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “Started with a low dosage of Ziac for 6 months during which I observed occasional chest pain, difficulty sleeping, muscle pain and weight gain. It did not control my blood pressure effectively so the dosage was increased to 10mg. Within a month of using the higher dosage I started suffering severe chest pain, pain behind my shoulder blades, constant stomach upsets with diarrhoea lasting days at a time. I developed gout, with stiff, burning joints and severe lower back pain. I also had chronic sinusitis and my hair started falling out. 24 hours after discontinuing this medication I started having severe heart palpitations which I did not have before using Ziac.”

Polly · Taken for 10 years or more January 3, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I’m 57 had to get off Ziac after maybe 10-15 yrs I was having to many side effects once I turned 50.... It felt like I was eally something badly wrong with me & no one was believing me bc every test l took came back I was ok. After waking up several times during the night like someone was literally choking me in my sleep I completely stop taking it. It’s been about a year I’m on a different Med...I’m doing so much better....oh & I'm a NURSE”

Pgb754 · Taken for 10 years or more February 3, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I started taking Ziac about 20 years ago. I’m 53 now. It has kept my BP normal throughout the entire duration. I have not had to change meds. It keeps my heart beat down. Even during work outs. Can usually get up to about 150 during a run. No other side effects that I have really noticed. I am pretty active so muscle and joint pain are a normal thing for me. Motrin as needed. My only complaint is “no grapefruit”. I love grapefruit. This has been the only bummer for me. All in all I have been very happy with the results”

Ziac is bad · Taken for 10 years or more January 9, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “For 15 miserable years, I was on ziac 6.25 mg. I made a zombie. Slowed my heart rate to the point where it was difficult to breathe. I am not in the medical field, but I know from personal experience that ziac is terrible.”

Mama Nette May 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “My doctor has given me about 7 or 8 blood pressure medicines but I would have some bad side effect and the medicines would not work or would bring my blood pressure down too low. Niacin the only blood pressure medicine that has controlled my blood pressure with minimal side effects.”

Adelebethcp · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I feel better in general, however there are times I feel awful, and when my BP was tested during one of those times it was lower than without meds, but still too high 140/90. However without meds, I feel awful all the time. Side effects include leg cramps, calf twitching, and excessive urination. Cramps are semi-relieved by staying hydrated. Tiredness and dizziness stopped after the first couple days. I am on the lowest dose, I suspect my doctor will increase it a bit.”

midlifestressedmom · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “This is the first regular medicine I started to take -it did get my blood pressure down-no side effects that I noticed but now a couple of years into it my pulse/heart rate has perhaps become too low (48). I am on the lowest prescribed dose and may have to stop or change. My main source of stress (teen) has left so maybe I don't need it anymore.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “Works great. Calming.”

personwhoknowhowmybodyfeel November 4, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “Took one dose of Ziac, for first time, felt tenderness, tightness, and pressure in right chest area, short of breath, became weak, left arm became numb, felt like pins and needles were sticking me, ended up at emergency room with chest pains, but blood pressure was lowered, felt very fatigued, still feel extremely tired. Moving extremely slow. ”

chefedemaquina June 19, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “Worked very good the first time I was prescribed it, was taken off it and 5 years later represcribed. It did little to lower my hypertension on the second round. Little side effects, maybe coughing a little more, that's about it. It was okay the first time but failed on the second.”

Anonymous February 12, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “Great for lowering blood pressure, BUT BAD for men. Forget about sex while taking this pill.”

Anonymous January 12, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “After about 2 months and my dosage upped my blood pressure is still too high. I have severe heartburn and my Raynaud's is far worse than before. Couldn't function to get money out of my wallet, my fingers were so bad. I live in FL and my fingers and toes have been white for over a week.”

Aljazi October 18, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “It's been good for me. I never reacted well to other medication which gave me headaches and scary heart beats. With Ziac none of that occurs and it also has a very calming effect on me.”

lynn3011 September 15, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking this medication for about 2 weeks now. It has lowered my blood pressure tremendously, but the side effects are great for me. I am so tired ALL day. This is very unusual for me because I do not sleep during the day. I have found myself laying down about 11am for a nap and not waking up until 4 or 5 pm. Not like me at all.”

Anonymous July 25, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “It's helped my blood pressure greatly (at times I went to the ER with it above 180) and I am under 35 years. The only problem is that it caused a lot of mid-section weight gain. The doctor said this was normal. But, with a history of an eating disorder, the rapid gain in this section can be emotionally trying (I now eat a healthy diet and exercise yet the weight still came on). I am also very fatigued throughout the day. Doctor says sometimes that may lesson with taking them (on them for 6 months). But, with a child and work and all else this kind of fatigue is hard to deal with. GREAT for it's purpose, but side effects could be to much for some.”

Anonymous June 7, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “Recently changed from using two other blood pressure medications that weren't controlling my runaway blood pressure. Ziac has done well. I probably should have rated it higher.”

MalTemk December 30, 2008

For High Blood Pressure: “This medicine is very good at keeping my blood pressure normal and I have no complications. My pressure has gone from 151/110 to 117/75 which is good, with the only caveat being that I urinate more often than before I started taking it, especially in the morning after I take it.”

Anonymous June 24, 2008

For High Blood Pressure: “Very good medication; no complications.”