User Reviews for Bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide

Also known as: Ziac

Learn more about Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide.

Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 348 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide to treat High Blood Pressure

"This medicine took my blood pressure down way to low.I would be waiting on a customer and would just dose off to sleep.I stayed in the restroom urinating. I never drink ice water and I was drinking it all day.my fingers and legs would go numb and I kept a chill."

Baybaye (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "My doctor has given me about 7 or 8 blood pressure medicines but I would have some bad side effect and the medicines would not work or would bring my blood pressure down too low. Niacin the only blood pressure medicine that has controlled my blood pressure with minimal side effects."

Mama Nette May 13, 2016

"Lysinopril only put a dent in my elevated hypertension. My doctor took me off lysinopril and now I'm on this medication. I'm still monitoring my blood pressure daily but I already feel a difference in my mobility. I'm able to walk better. I've passed enough fluid to be able to stand comfortably. Maybe I can do physical exercise now. I have fewer headaches. I'll know if this medication has worked favorably in a month or so when I go back to the doctor for a follow up checkup. I do feel better."

Vivique921 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "I feel better in general, however there are times I feel awful, and when my BP was tested during one of those times it was lower than without meds, but still too high 140/90. However without meds, I feel awful all the time. Side effects include leg cramps, calf twitching, and excessive urination. Cramps are semi-relieved by staying hydrated. Tiredness and dizziness stopped after the first couple days. I am on the lowest dose, I suspect my doctor will increase it a bit."

Adelebethcp (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

"Works great for me, with no side effects. I went from 140-150s/90-105 to 120/80 or better within 48 hours. I take biso2.5/hctz6.25. Less is better with this med for me, which l love."

freefromsearching October 8, 2015

"After being put on triamterene/hctz with zero affect on my blood pressure and tons of bad side effects my doctor tried 5mg Amlodipine which also did zero to budge my 140-150's/90's-104 blood pressure, and also had several unwanted side effects for me. l researched extensively for days on every known high blood pressure med out there and contacted my MD to say that since neither med she had prescribed to me had a positive effect that l wanted to try a low dose bisoprolo/hctz 2.5-6.25. To my amazement within 24 hours of taking this medicine my readings have consistantly been 120/85 or better and l feel fantastic! :) With zero, and l mean zero side effects as well! l love this medicine. l should be the the poster child for this 1 pill wonder."

c.renee October 7, 2015

"I have been taking it for 10 days and am shocked by the side effects - starting with very dizzy, continuous headache, very tired. Warns against doing anything needing alertness! How can people in full time jobs take this? Then in the last days developed runny nose, sore throat and now for 3 days i have trouble getting my breath - even just talking on the phone. So i am now coming off it - cutting dose in half for a few days (dose was only 1.25). unimaginable to take more of it. I take felodopine as well as read that its not necessarily a good idea to take it with that drug too. Pretty bad."

Blue7676 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "This is the first regular medicine I started to take -it did get my blood pressure down-no side effects that I noticed but now a couple of years into it my pulse/heart rate has perhaps become too low (48). I am on the lowest prescribed dose and may have to stop or change. My main source of stress (teen) has left so maybe I don't need it anymore."

midlifestressedmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2013

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "Works great. Calming."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2012

"Very good medicine. Take one a day 10 mg. No sex drive issues. Blood pressure lowered to 120/75."

Anonymous July 7, 2012

"I have been taking the prescription for more that 4 years now and feel great. I take it every morning when I get up first thing. No side effects other than some mid tummy weight gain. My blood pressure has stayed normal, no problems to speak of at all. Sex life is great, (male) my Hypertension has dropped, and I am not tired from the medicine nor am I having any problems with my stomach."

nynotny (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2012

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "Took one dose of Ziac, for first time, felt tenderness, tightness, and pressure in right chest area, short of breath, became weak, left arm became numb, felt like pins and needles were sticking me, ended up at emergency room with chest pains, but blood pressure was lowered, felt very fatigued, still feel extremely tired. Moving extremely slow. "

personwhoknowhowmybodyfeel November 4, 2011

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "Worked very good the first time I was prescribed it, was taken off it and 5 years later represcribed. It did little to lower my hypertension on the second round. Little side effects, maybe coughing a little more, that's about it. It was okay the first time but failed on the second."

chefedemaquina June 19, 2011

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "Great for lowering blood pressure, BUT BAD for men. Forget about sex while taking this pill."

Anonymous February 12, 2011

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "After about 2 months and my dosage upped my blood pressure is still too high. I have severe heartburn and my Raynaud's is far worse than before. Couldn't function to get money out of my wallet, my fingers were so bad. I live in FL and my fingers and toes have been white for over a week."

Anonymous January 12, 2011

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "It's been good for me. I never reacted well to other medication which gave me headaches and scary heart beats. With Ziac none of that occurs and it also has a very calming effect on me."

Aljazi October 18, 2009

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "I have been taking this medication for about 2 weeks now. It has lowered my blood pressure tremendously, but the side effects are great for me. I am so tired ALL day. This is very unusual for me because I do not sleep during the day. I have found myself laying down about 11am for a nap and not waking up until 4 or 5 pm. Not like me at all."

lynn3011 September 15, 2009

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "It's helped my blood pressure greatly (at times I went to the ER with it above 180) and I am under 35 years. The only problem is that it caused a lot of mid-section weight gain. The doctor said this was normal. But, with a history of an eating disorder, the rapid gain in this section can be emotionally trying (I now eat a healthy diet and exercise yet the weight still came on). I am also very fatigued throughout the day. Doctor says sometimes that may lesson with taking them (on them for 6 months). But, with a child and work and all else this kind of fatigue is hard to deal with. GREAT for it's purpose, but side effects could be to much for some."

Anonymous July 25, 2009

"I have been taking this medicine every morning for the past six months and it has reduced by blood pressure from 155/105 to 138/88. It has a Beta-blocker and makes me feel calmer shortly after taking it. Although, I find it harder to get going with my cardiovascular exercise. My doctor recently added an additional drug, amlodipine (calcium channel blocker) to my treatment regimen. My heart rate went down to a constant 42 beats per minute, which made me very tired and dizzy."

Anonymous June 13, 2009

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "Recently changed from using two other blood pressure medications that weren't controlling my runaway blood pressure. Ziac has done well. I probably should have rated it higher."

Anonymous June 7, 2009

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "This medicine is very good at keeping my blood pressure normal and I have no complications. My pressure has gone from 151/110 to 117/75 which is good, with the only caveat being that I urinate more often than before I started taking it, especially in the morning after I take it."

MalTemk December 30, 2008

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): "Very good medication; no complications."

Anonymous June 24, 2008