User Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline

Also known as: Pylera

Learn more about Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 111 reviews 61 medications

6.2
Summary of Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline reviews 111 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I've tried everything available with or without a prescription. The best medicines for H pylori is dill and fennel ...3 teaspoons of dill and one of fennel you boil it in 1l of water and you drink 3 small cups a day . Within a week you'll say bye to H pylori and all the stomach problems."

Elmo11 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I’ve been on pylera for 6 days now and when I started I was so scared bc of the reviews but I’m so glad I did it anyway. I’m a very sensitive person when it comes to medicines and new things but I surprisingly had little to no side effects. I did have loose stools but that’s about it.. the only real struggle is the fact you gotta take 14 pills a day . ( pylera with omeperzole)"

Firsttimeuzer September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I’m so happy I read these other reviews. My only side effect is fatigue, I mean exhausted. Plus all these pills, 12 a day. I'll just be happy when this cycle ends. My GI put me on Linzess at the same time as this and I’m still constipated. I swear I need a stick of dynamite. I’ve been drinking my Myralax every other day. Stools do come out hard and dark. I haven't had any issue other than the fatigue. I’m hoping I get rid of the H Pylori because it caused serious anemia for me. Found mine through an endoscope. Fingers crossed."

Simpleoneaz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "What an experience . . . By day 3 food was beginning to taste funny and there was a metallic taste in my mouth. By day 6 my throat hurt, my neck hurt, swallowing was uncomfortable, my urine was darkening and stools as well. By day 8 hives started, thrush in my mouth and I had difficulty sleeping, mostly due to itch of hives. After a couple days after completion hives were gone but I am now almost 6 weeks past my last day of medicine and still have a bit of metallic taste, some foods still do not taste "right" and I am experiencing diarrhea on and off. Tough tough treatment."

CRZYNENE September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm only on day 2 and I had to call out of work because I've felt nauseous all day. Yesterday I was nauseous, but today is 10x worse. I have chills, loose stools, woke up with a weird taste in my mouth last night, and I'm sick to my stomach. I've barely gotten out of bed all day, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to complete 10 days of this medication. I feel like I've been poisoned and it's slowly killing me."

Pylera sucks September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I have had an H. pylori infection 3 years ago and took PrevPac (Omeprazole, Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin), tolerated that without any side effects. I started on Pylera as the current recommended treatment due to my history of having a prior infection. Day 1-4 was fine but my stools smelled odd. Day 5 and 6, I had dizziness and headache that prevented me from driving or working."

nguyde2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 1-2 sweet metallic taste in the mouth after taking the drug Day 3: Sweet metallic taste in the mouth Some extra production of saliva Feeling very tired and sleepy in the 2nd half of the day Reduced appetite Day 4: Feel great in the morning Sweet metallic taste Irritated tongue Excessive production of saliva Mild headache Weakness Black stools multiple times a day and at night Ringing in the ears Reduced appetite Day 5: Sweet metallic taste that doesn't go away Tongue hurts Mild headache Feeling weak and sleepy Black stools, many times Ringing in the ears No appetite Slight dizziness Blurred vision Excessive production of saliva Vomiting several times 15-30 min after the 3rd doze Chills Heart palpitations Cramp"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm on day 3 and so far it hasn't been as bad for me as it has been for others. I have a bad taste in my mouth, lack of appetite, dark stools, and I'm really tired between 1-5pm. Good luck to everyone else who's on the same boat."

Jrobles88191 August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Same nightmare...thank god I had a sick day today due to some other reason. Decided to take first dose of Pylera in am and just in 30min fun started. For the last 7-8 hours I went to the bathroom like 10 times, can't even drink anything at this point. I can't get off from work till august therefore I'll stop for now and do entire course during vacation otherwise I will not survive. Hope I don't get dehydration because of this crazy diarrhea. Good luck to everyone! Hopefully its worth it))"

Anonymous July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Took 14 day course change my diet to only organic fruits and veggies no sugar no box or packaged products took probiotics with every meal experience the following: Day 1- mild headache for 2 min Day 2 - dark urine in morning and tingle in foot Day 3- dark urine in morning dizziness in evening Day 4- back pain tingling scalp Day 5 - sore right shoulder Day 6- bloat after eating Day 7 bloat Day 8 headache none stop slight chest pain but lots of energy Day 9 slight chest pain but lots of energy It does gets better after a few months now I have gotten rid of the bacteria my only side affects are slight chest pain possibly costochrondritis from inflammation some neck pain keep faith I'm 80 percent heal"

Unknown12303 July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am on day 5 and all I can say is I hope this pylera helps. I've been getting bad taste in my mouth, insomnia..which makes it so hard to function. Also headaches, stomach pain, extreme fatigue, mood swings, dark stools and urine, loss of appetite etc. But I am hopeful that this works versus all the other antibiotics I've taken. It seems like a never ending battle just about a year now and getting aggravated with this and being so limited on what to and not to eat to upset me. Hoping for the best. Good luck to all.."

Anonymous June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Just finished pylera last night and still have the symptoms as if I was still taking the meds. I'm so happy I'm finished and can't believe I got through it...it was really tough. Good luck everyone and remember it's light at the end of the tunnel"

Efultz71 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I just finished my 10 day course of Pylera and I can't believe I got through it. My side effects were bad nausea even with food, black stools, dark urine, extreme fatigue, headache, feverish feeling, and it seems like every bit of phlegm in my body is coming out one way or another. My nose runs like a sieve and also phlegm running down my throat constantly. Just awesome. I feel like I've been ingesting poison and calling it medicine. I'm hoping this takes care of the infection because I've been profoundly ill for over a year, not realizing what was making me so sick until my EGD uncovered Helicobacter. The only thing I can advise is, be kind to yourself, don't expect too much of yourself, try to not work if possible."

Angel Burkes (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is Day 4 for me and I feel like I'm pregnant having morning sickness. Everything I eat it comes right back out, slight headaches, very tired and I smell everything and it makes me nauseous!!! Please let these last six days come quick!!!"

Efultz71 (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Today is Day 1. I'm a nervous wreck after reading all the reviews. Praying I don't get too sick like others. Right now I don't have any symptoms. Memorial Weekend starts Friday and I have many plans."

Liz M. (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was prescribed pylera 3 pills 4 times a day with omeprazole twice a day. I'm on day 6. First couple of days were a little tough but not too bad. Comments made me so scared but I'm glad I didn't get the bad symptoms. Day 6 was my best day I even ate a meal and didn't have stomach pain for the first time in years! Hope it works. Good luck to all."

Eddieka May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I just wanted to share some positivity on this site. Most of the reviews are scary and disheartening. I will say pylera is rough. It made me feel worse for a few days, especially around days 5-10. I never was nauseous really, no vomiting, but I was completely beat. It's a rough medication. Get tons of sleep, rest as much as possible, and drink TONS of water. Eat enough with the doses, too. I haven't had any symptoms at all in 3 days, which is the first time in a year that I can say that!!!! Fingers crossed it sticks. Also AVOID EMOTIONAL STRESS. Plays a HUGE factor in your well being and recovery."

Km229 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "40years young female. I consider myself average slightly overweight but generally healthy woman who exercises 3 days a week. Before starting with Pylera and creon, I read all these reviews about H Pylori bacteria. On meds now 8th day. Side effects terrible day 1-2, vomiting​, uncomfortable ​uneasy. Felt everything was dirty cleaned entire house and laundry. Day 2-4 Loss of appetite, extreme​ bloat sleepless nights. Terribly tired everything Smells​. Mood swings heart palpitations. stools, dark urine, upset/pain stomach/intestine, bloated, headache, dizziness, weakness. I always had healthy meals jello and yoghurt. I still feel somehow weak, but nothing compared to 1-5. Still can't sleep and copper taste is worse but I have intestinal pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm in my 8th day taking pylera for HP. Loose stool, headaches, palpitations, chest pain, my life is literally upside down"

Diur May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "It's only the end of day 2 and and I am DRAINED! During the day I don't have any significant side effects accept for being really tired and a minor headache, at night I get a strong sense of nausea and loss of appetite. It's ONLY DAY 2, good thing I have a doctor appointment in 2 days because an antiemetic is very much needed. Let's hope the next 8 days don't get any worse than what they are."

Reynie (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "First of all I am convinced of that despite of all the negative side effects I am positive of that this is the best way to eliminate the bacteria. I am 22 yrs old, healthy patient who had mild symptoms due to the bacteria. I didn't have negative effects until I hit the day 5-6, they aren't that bad (dark stool, reduced hunger and coppery taste) during the day but after 9 pm they get way worse. The worst for me is the nausea since the headaches are quite mild and the tiredness is not that bad but the nausea is horrible to the point that I had to took an antiemetic. Only 2.5 days to go, good luck to all the people unlucky enough to have side effects!!"

Lynn. (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 7, not so bad for me, the reviews really scared me. Slight headaches, metal taste in my mouth. That's about it, hope it works. Good luck."

Had enough1 April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Let me start by saying every bodies experiences are different, but after reading all the reviews I seriously expected the worse. I am now on day 7, first day was ok, 2nd day slight headaches, 3rd day when I went to bed I had a stomach spasm, once I went to the bathroom I was fine, Yes you have headaches but I take advil for them, slightly constipated and the stool is dark, urine was dark, but the worse of it all for me was the nasty taste in my mouth, no vomiting, no diarrhea, just make sure you eat with your meals and take a probiotic, I take Accuflora, I read some people say don't eat yogurt, I did and I was just fine, 3 more days to go, lets all pray this works, Oh and I missed just one day of work."

donnybrooks April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I feel like I have been poisoned . Even though people react differently to every medication I'm sure this one beats all bad side effects by a long way . After having h pylori I began with pylera treatment for 10 days.... couldn't get through it for more than 7 days as my health started taking a heavy toll. Headaches, mood swings, bloating, painful constipation, extreme fatigue, chills and then I stopped when I had a hives allergic attack which obliged me to stop working. I'm an otherwise healthy 32 yr old who has had her life turned upside down by pylera. After stopping treatment I noticed I had developed an oral thrush due to antibiotics killing my intestinal flora and was sick in bed. Be warned as to the bad side effects and look for natural remedies!"

Kinuh April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Finished my 10 day treatment a couple of days ago. Before starting with Pylera, I read all these reviews to know what to expect from side effects. Mine were dark stools, dark urine, upset/pain stomach/intestine, bloated for 1/2 days, headache, dizziness, weakness. No diarrhea or vomiting. I always had full healthy meals and some snack before bedtime, avoided milk and similar, as well as, spicy food, juice, etc. I still feel somehow weak, but nothing compared to during the treatment. Let's see what is the outcome of the stool exam. Good luck all."

Ze do Bone April 4, 2017