User Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline

Also known as: Pylera

Learn more about Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 74 reviews 61 medications

6.6
Summary of Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline reviews 74 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm going to start off by saying DO NOT READ INTO EVERYONES SIDE EFFECTS...I did and it freaked me out even before I even started this medicine. I'm almost finished with day 4 and have had really no side effects. I've had a headache for a few days but I just got my period same day I started the pills..sorry TMI "

Alimacs18213 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I have been taking Pylera med for 5 days now first day it made me vomit and nauseous and now I have extremely bad diarrhea and getting hemorrhoids :"( Is this normal?"

Bettieouiie November 20, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I finished up my 10 days it was extremely difficult, had all the same symptoms the whole time, on the night time dose on two occasions I could not take the dose, I was so dizzy it was extremely scary plus the pain, I still continued on and took the two doses as I finished the others the next day. It is know7 days later I have still got my stomach pain, but today I have felt better. Doc told me to continue on the oprazelam. I think it is mainly the inflammation from taking the pylera. I think and hope the infection is gone.. I have been taking a probiotic called bio-k which is very strong. You can get this at a vitamin store, and I could tell this made a big difference. The antibiotic killed all my good bacteria."

Beverly1256 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was diagnosed with h pylori approx 6 years ago and it took care of it. It recently came back It made me very sick my stomach was in pain day and night, doc prescribed pylera again. The first 3 days were hard.dizzy, stomach pain, anxiety, can't think clear, extreme fatigue, I took probiotics and always have, I learned this years ago with stomach problems. I am now on 6 day things are getting better and better. Stay strong this is a nasty bacteria. I will let you know the end result after day 10. I'm not going to lie it has been hard, might want to consider taking a couple days off or start on a weekend."

Beverly1234jean October 30, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Started taking this and made me feel sick to my stomach as well as feel not with it very tired and had headaches. The worst part is the last pill before bed time I had to set an alarm and eat crackers then take pill. Then in the morning I didnt want to get up and felt very worn. I still have 4 more days and hope I make it. Will have to recheck with my results on how I did. Oh and also the cost of therse even with insurance was $250.00 all i can say is they better work."

CINDYSNOAH September 21, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "On day 5 taking amoxicillin 1000 mg 2x daily clarithromycin 500 mg 2x daily and omeprazole 20 mg 2x daily. Feeling a lot better already but minor stomach pains still...don't know if from meds or pylori. I have a bitter taste in my mouth and its worse in the mornings. I eat small meals mostly fruits and veggies except acidic ones. No sweets at all. Read sweets make pylori multiply. Id say so far so good but 9 days of treatment left. Sure hope this regimen works cuz 6 months that regimen didn't work or it came back. Im 63 yrs young. Good luck all :)"

Flirty (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Picked up a nasty H Pylori strain from an casual blind date, I know I should have gotten to know the person better. Took a while before symptoms showed up. Had severe upset stomach, occasional diarrhea, nausea and slow but steady weight loss. Took a long time and several doctors to diagnose my steadily worsening condition. Tried PrevPak first, seemed to work at first but my infection came back. The new GI then prescribed Pylera after my 3rd endoscopy. Pylera has worked, it's been a year and I am still H Pylera negative. But it's been brutal and a very hard long road back to recovery. Had severe side effects from tetracycline (in Pylera), my skeletal bones seemed to have absorbed it. Am still not completely detoxed, steadily improving."

HPyloriHell August 12, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Had absolutely no side effects except for darkening of stool. Took pylera for 10 days with a full meal and a glass of water. Slept through all nights like a baby. Will see if pylera was effective in killing the infection."

Helen 2 July 17, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 1-Started with first dose after breakfast. Full meal and 16 ounce glass of water to wash down medicine. Second dose taken six hours later with a full meal at lunch. Also drink 16 ounces of water with medicine. Around 2:30 in the afternoon started to develop a headache. I drink more water to see if that would help. Around 3:30 my headache was much worse and I started developing a stiff neck. Took my third dose at 6 PM with a full meal and 16 ounces of water. 30 minutes later I got really nauseous and threw up four times. I have never thrown up this much in my life. I contacted the pharmacist and she told me to stop the medication immediately. I also contacted my doctor and she told me to stop, as well."

Skauff51 July 13, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Just to counter all the fear here. On day 8, Zero side effects other than feeling that my gi function is actually feeling better. Pain to take all the pills , omeprazole morning and night before meals, others four times a day after meals containing mostly carbs. And Florastor twice a day, only pro biotic not killed by treatment. Thought perhaps mostly people with bad experiences post, thought some light could be helpful ."

Wantedtobe positive (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Everyone's differvent but for me personally. 26 year old, 160 pounds, sorta in shape. I felt permanently hung over with a metallic taste in my mouth. Lack of sleep as week really hit me. Try to stay active or entertained. Take time off work if you can. After a while everything feels like a dream"

Jsizzle2828384 June 19, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was prescribed pylera after a triple therapy failed, i'm now on my last day of it. The gastritis pain, is slowly going away but still there ( you will have to wait the next 4 weeks for it to heal ). The first 5 days i didn't feel anything different, then day 5 i had terrible headache, anxiety and nausea. day 6 and onward my body adapted and it became less powerful but still pretty crappy, I'm not gonna lie to you, you basically feel hangover for the last 4 days. Drink a lot, force yourself to eat and go out (computer will make headache horrible ). Stay strong brothers, its a pain but this has 90% success rate."

ThomLG (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Just finished 10 days of Pylera. This is my second treatment in the past few months for h-pylori after it coming back 2 weeks after finishing triple treatment. Well this has to be the worst medicine ive ever been prescribed in my life. I was bloated first few days and looked 6 months pregnant. It got worse.... the symptoms that followed were insomnia, itchiness everywhere especially my nose, anxiety, racing heart, weight gain, mood swings and just a general feeling of not feeling with it, im still bloated after 4 days after ive finished and dont feel great."

PaulaMason72 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "So far its a day 4 and i wish my doctor would've told me about the side effects so that i could've been more prepared. I hate medication and this got to be the worse medication I've taken. Ive been feeling very loopy here and there, slightly nauseas. Hopefully it works."

Anonymous May 26, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I just finished 10 day. It was really hard. Tested positive for h.pylori after endoscopy, as well as, gastritis. No ulcers. Pylera really wrecked my stomach. Side effects for me: Metallic taste, nausea, dizziness, acid reflux, lack of appetite, excessive burping, sour stomach, gnawing gut, dark green stools. Recommend asking doctor for anti-nausea meds which helped a bit. Did not eat dairy, took probiotics everyday. Force feed yourself plain meals to help with meds. Also took omeprazole twice a day. Hope it gets better - so far I feel awful!"

Kelles (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm in day five and it is terrible. I have woke the last two nights with chest pain,side hurt, back pain and numbness in both arms.Went away in about a hour.Have the worst yeast infection of my life. I'm so tired most of the time.When I start to do anything I give out. Will be so glad when I finish. Will let you know how I do."

Cadence May 4, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "First of all if you're on this site- step away from computer! Yes it's good to gather information but get it from a medical professional. Everyone is so different and no one responds the same way so why distress yourself with all the glom and doom scenarios of other people?i Did the regimen and did have 3 days where I felt real bad but after being sick as a dog for 6 wks from actual infection 3 bad days was a piece of cake."

Nlon (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Ok, I'm back to share my experience with Pylera. I completed a 10-day dose of 12 pills/day. Glad that I read reviews before begining or else the side effects would've concerned me. From. day 1, I experienced daily nausea even though I ate a small meal with each dose, had a slight headache for about 3 days, my feces turned blackish brown by day 3 & lost its stink! No kidding! I also felt a little off, i.e. a feeling not quite right & a little tired. I drank a lot of water with each dose just as stated. I wont know the results for another 2-3 weeks. In the mean time I am taking Omeprazol 2x daily & a Probiotic."

Marlew (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I just stumbled upon this site & gladly so. I recently had an endoscopy performed & the biopsy revealed H. Pylori bacteria. What the heck is that? How did I get it & how long have I had it? Thought I was having liver pain, no gall bladder issues, no a hyatial hernia, or pancreatitus! What I have is this creepy bacteria that has caused erosive ulcers in my stomach & duodenum area along with rings in my esophagus that have caused me to have spasms while swallowing. Then bloating and abdominal cramping began at the latest stage. The GI doc prescribed Pylera & I have now taken 2 doses with 28 more to go! Will let you all know how I do."

Marlew March 23, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is my last day & after finished it still had residual side effects (hopefully it will work) "

Abdien February 28, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I finally got rid of H Pylori after completing Pylera in Dec 2015. This was after 2 courses of other antibiotics combo that failed to eradicate it. Before taking Pylera, I had read other reviews that were scary. I promised myself I would come back and review for others in similar situation. Please make sure you take a really good probiotic(taken at different time) and ask for an anti-nausea medication to offset/lessen the side effects; it will make taking Pylera much more doable."

Asianfemale (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm on day 9. Number one side effect for me has been inability to focus on one thought for more than a few seconds, which has affected my work. It really is a brain fogger! On day 5, the metallic taste/sour mouth was pretty awful all day, but it abated gradually over last few days. If I don't drink a lot of water (20 oz or more) with each dose, my urine is very dark, which is scary, but drinking more water does help. I agree with the comments that you should eat a full meal with each dose, even at bedtime. It is rough doing the schedule and getting in the food, water and pills four times a day. On a few days I had to set an alarm and get back up at midnight or 1 am to take the last dose. Stick with it, power through the 10 days."

H. Pylori Pummeler (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I finished my 10 days dose of the medication, and nothing changed. I still have the stomach bloated and same old same old intestinal problems as before. Not sure why my doctor gave it to me for 10 days, but it was useless."

Bloated_belly January 19, 2016

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm on day 5. This has been hard to go through but I think it's doable so far. For me it was hard to eat a full meal and then take 3 pills consecutively after. It was easier to eat a little, take 1 pill, wait 10-15 min, eat again, take another pill, then wait untill all 3 pills are gone. It was easier on my stomach and increased the amount I ate. As far as symptoms, I've experienced them all. Fruit, apple sauce, Cheerios and veggie sandwiches worked best for me. Get the apple sauce in the little pouches, you can recap them if you get full. I am 18 year old, 5'6", 120 lb female in case that means anything to anyone."

Canileavenow January 10, 2016

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I've been taking this medication now for 4 days. I have had minimal side effects. I'm absolutely thrilled this medication is helping me. The stomach pain I was having prior to diagnosis and treatment was debilitating!!! At times, I could not even stand up straight, or sit up straight enough to even drive my car because the pain had me so doubled over in agony. Now, after only 3 or 4 days, I can't believe the difference. I have actually gone a whole day without excruciating pain putting me in bed!! Now for the bad part, why does it have to be so expensive? Even with my insurance, this drug cost me well over $200.00 out of pocket. Why do drug companies feel it's necessary to inflate the price of medications??!!??!!"

Lynnzie2435 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015