User Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline

Also known as: Pylera

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection
6.1

Summary of Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline reviews 6.1 121 reviews

Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 5 I am exhausted, lots of dark lose stools, dark urine dizziness, nauseated and headaches. Starting getting the chills this morning. I'm contemplating whether to stop this medication all together. This is my second treatment (different course of antibiotic') treatment . Omg.. Help..."

E.N February 14, 2018

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is day 10 for me and I made it. Based on bad reviews I was refusing to take this medication for nearly a month, I was terrified to start taking them. But my doctor said I have to take them. Well the only side effect I had was dark stools and that's it. No dizziness, no stomach pains, no black tongue, no dark urine a bit of tiredness in the evenings but nothing dramatic. I was strict with the times of taking them. 6 30am 11 30am 17 00pm 21 30pm. Always with meals. Well rice. pasta. bread. avocado. bananas. egg. Any other fruits. No sauces at all. 3 to 4 L of water every day. I believe food and water made the difference on not having side effects."

E.f January 26, 2018

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Talk about a medicine with side effects. I tried prevpac which failed to eradicate h pylori so here I am. Before I start, remember not everyone's body reacts the same to medicine. Some are sensitive to these medicines while others are not. First day of medicine no side effects. Second day I started with a really bad headache. Third day headache, fourth day nausea and very tired. 5th day, aches, pains, nausea and weak. Rest of the days very nauseated, my blood pressure dropped and was very light headed, and shaky. Tried to sleep as much as I could. I am on day 8, and CANNOT wait for this to be over. Praying it works because I don't think I can go through it again"

Morgmorg January 22, 2018

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is a very dangerous drug. I now have weakness in my arms and legs and it's been five days since I finished my last dose. I felt a slight weakening in the legs on the last day but still completed the course. It then progressed to heaviness, so bad that I can't barely lift my arms or go up the stairs. Now I realized that peripheral neuropathy is a side effect. I just hope and pray that this is reversible. I am writing this to warn others. The sad part is I didn't feel any side effect until after the last dose. Wish I had been more diligent. Please be careful."

Vee0620 January 17, 2018

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm currently on day 4 of a 20 day regime. Drinking plenty of water and getting plenty of rest has helped counter the side effects of this medicine. By day 2, I was exhausted. I slept majority of the day and night and did not understand that it was because of the medicine until I began reading reviews. Day 3 I experienced headaches through out the day. I have also experienced extreme moodiness, dark stools, & an after taste in my mouth since beginning the medicine. This is my 2nd treatment and I'm optimistic because I would not want to go thru this again. I'm not sure how my next couple of weeks at work will be. I have stopped taking my multivitamins so that the antibiotic won't have any interference so my energy levels are low."

Rashonda January 15, 2018

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am a 58 year old female that was VERY SCARED after reading the reviews, I was just afraid of taking 140 pills in 10 days, once I read the package again and it said blister capsules I became more comfortable however, I waited until I came back from Christmas vacation to start my pill taking because of the reviews, I didn't have any side effects I just continue to pray and say THANK YOU JESUS each and every day, my stool was very black, I drank plenty of water. But I am finish I had a FINISH UP TAKING PILLS PARTY. Next follow up appointment is Feb. Hope this help someone out."

Cornbread245 January 9, 2018

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was expecting the worse when I read the reviews here , I even threw away my original prescription due to the reviews here. But symptoms (fatigue for the last 4-5 years years, lack of appetite, and occasional nausea ) were getting to severe to ignore so I had to bite the bullet and just go for it. As it turns out, this experience wasn’t nearly as bad as reviews here. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest level of discomfort, I’d give this drug a 4. I had some diarhea, weakness, and moments of nausea. But I never came close to throwing up. I’m not going to say it was easy, but it wasn’t all that bad either. It wasn't anything remotely close to the nightmare scenarios I saw written here. Maybe I’m just lucky?"

Arrowstar55 December 26, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I can’t believe I made it, 10 days under that horrible antibiotic. I hope it really works, after 7 days of taking those bunch of pills, everything got better, most of the symptoms were gone. After that I am taking vitamins, B complex and probiotics. Be strong "

Laurita5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is a horrible drug. On day two I experienced severe nausea, dizziness, mood swings and random bursts of crying, abdominal pain, heart palpitations, dark urine and dark stool, and felt so weak I could barely stand. This medication has pretty severe side effects. Not everyone will have them, but I did, and couldn't tolerate it. had to stop immediately"

1nat101 December 23, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Doctor prescribed 14 days, I stopped at 10 days because I hate what this medication did to me. You treat one thing and 10 other things pop up. Mood swings, unusual stools, constant pressure in head, abdominal pain, liver pain (I have liver damage), weight gain."

HatesMedicine (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I've tried everything available with or without a prescription. The best medicines for H pylori is dill and fennel ...3 teaspoons of dill and one of fennel you boil it in 1l of water and you drink 3 small cups a day . Within a week you'll say bye to H pylori and all the stomach problems."

Elmo11 October 17, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I’ve been on pylera for 6 days now and when I started I was so scared bc of the reviews but I’m so glad I did it anyway. I’m a very sensitive person when it comes to medicines and new things but I surprisingly had little to no side effects. I did have loose stools but that’s about it.. the only real struggle is the fact you gotta take 14 pills a day . ( pylera with omeperzole)"

Firsttimeuzer September 23, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I’m so happy I read these other reviews. My only side effect is fatigue, I mean exhausted. Plus all these pills, 12 a day. I'll just be happy when this cycle ends. My GI put me on Linzess at the same time as this and I’m still constipated. I swear I need a stick of dynamite. I’ve been drinking my Myralax every other day. Stools do come out hard and dark. I haven't had any issue other than the fatigue. I’m hoping I get rid of the H Pylori because it caused serious anemia for me. Found mine through an endoscope. Fingers crossed."

Simpleoneaz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "What an experience . . . By day 3 food was beginning to taste funny and there was a metallic taste in my mouth. By day 6 my throat hurt, my neck hurt, swallowing was uncomfortable, my urine was darkening and stools as well. By day 8 hives started, thrush in my mouth and I had difficulty sleeping, mostly due to itch of hives. After a couple days after completion hives were gone but I am now almost 6 weeks past my last day of medicine and still have a bit of metallic taste, some foods still do not taste "right" and I am experiencing diarrhea on and off. Tough tough treatment."

CRZYNENE September 14, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm only on day 2 and I had to call out of work because I've felt nauseous all day. Yesterday I was nauseous, but today is 10x worse. I have chills, loose stools, woke up with a weird taste in my mouth last night, and I'm sick to my stomach. I've barely gotten out of bed all day, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to complete 10 days of this medication. I feel like I've been poisoned and it's slowly killing me."

Pylera sucks September 9, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I have had an H. pylori infection 3 years ago and took PrevPac (Omeprazole, Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin), tolerated that without any side effects. I started on Pylera as the current recommended treatment due to my history of having a prior infection. Day 1-4 was fine but my stools smelled odd. Day 5 and 6, I had dizziness and headache that prevented me from driving or working."

nguyde2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 1-2 sweet metallic taste in the mouth after taking the drug Day 3: Sweet metallic taste in the mouth Some extra production of saliva Feeling very tired and sleepy in the 2nd half of the day Reduced appetite Day 4: Feel great in the morning Sweet metallic taste Irritated tongue Excessive production of saliva Mild headache Weakness Black stools multiple times a day and at night Ringing in the ears Reduced appetite Day 5: Sweet metallic taste that doesn't go away Tongue hurts Mild headache Feeling weak and sleepy Black stools, many times Ringing in the ears No appetite Slight dizziness Blurred vision Excessive production of saliva Vomiting several times 15-30 min after the 3rd doze Chills Heart palpitations Cramp"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm on day 3 and so far it hasn't been as bad for me as it has been for others. I have a bad taste in my mouth, lack of appetite, dark stools, and I'm really tired between 1-5pm. Good luck to everyone else who's on the same boat."

Jrobles88191 August 21, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Same nightmare...thank god I had a sick day today due to some other reason. Decided to take first dose of Pylera in am and just in 30min fun started. For the last 7-8 hours I went to the bathroom like 10 times, can't even drink anything at this point. I can't get off from work till august therefore I'll stop for now and do entire course during vacation otherwise I will not survive. Hope I don't get dehydration because of this crazy diarrhea. Good luck to everyone! Hopefully its worth it))"

Anonymous July 13, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Took 14 day course change my diet to only organic fruits and veggies no sugar no box or packaged products took probiotics with every meal experience the following: Day 1- mild headache for 2 min Day 2 - dark urine in morning and tingle in foot Day 3- dark urine in morning dizziness in evening Day 4- back pain tingling scalp Day 5 - sore right shoulder Day 6- bloat after eating Day 7 bloat Day 8 headache none stop slight chest pain but lots of energy Day 9 slight chest pain but lots of energy It does gets better after a few months now I have gotten rid of the bacteria my only side affects are slight chest pain possibly costochrondritis from inflammation some neck pain keep faith I'm 80 percent heal"

Unknown12303 July 9, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am on day 5 and all I can say is I hope this pylera helps. I've been getting bad taste in my mouth, insomnia..which makes it so hard to function. Also headaches, stomach pain, extreme fatigue, mood swings, dark stools and urine, loss of appetite etc. But I am hopeful that this works versus all the other antibiotics I've taken. It seems like a never ending battle just about a year now and getting aggravated with this and being so limited on what to and not to eat to upset me. Hoping for the best. Good luck to all.."

Anonymous June 11, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Just finished pylera last night and still have the symptoms as if I was still taking the meds. I'm so happy I'm finished and can't believe I got through it...it was really tough. Good luck everyone and remember it's light at the end of the tunnel"

Efultz71 June 9, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I just finished my 10 day course of Pylera and I can't believe I got through it. My side effects were bad nausea even with food, black stools, dark urine, extreme fatigue, headache, feverish feeling, and it seems like every bit of phlegm in my body is coming out one way or another. My nose runs like a sieve and also phlegm running down my throat constantly. Just awesome. I feel like I've been ingesting poison and calling it medicine. I'm hoping this takes care of the infection because I've been profoundly ill for over a year, not realizing what was making me so sick until my EGD uncovered Helicobacter. The only thing I can advise is, be kind to yourself, don't expect too much of yourself, try to not work if possible."

Angel Burkes (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is Day 4 for me and I feel like I'm pregnant having morning sickness. Everything I eat it comes right back out, slight headaches, very tired and I smell everything and it makes me nauseous!!! Please let these last six days come quick!!!"

Efultz71 (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Today is Day 1. I'm a nervous wreck after reading all the reviews. Praying I don't get too sick like others. Right now I don't have any symptoms. Memorial Weekend starts Friday and I have many plans."

Liz M. (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017