User Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline

Also known as: Pylera

Learn more about Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 82 reviews 61 medications

6.5
Summary of Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline reviews 82 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Bismuth subcitrate potassium/metronidazole/tetracycline

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am a GI Specialist and I have prescribed pylera many times.... should have asked my patients better about their experiences with side effects. Why? Because I was diagnosed with H. pylory gastritis myself and Chose pylera as First choice eradication! What a nightmare! Days 1-3 were ok but then I experienced all the above mentioned side effects, crept to work, lost 6 pounds of weight and as one of you mentioned: thats how chemotherapy must feel like! I fought through (under the concerned pitiful Looks of my collegues) and finished yesterday still feeling pretty Bad and exhausted. Hope it worked!"

Anonymous January 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is my 3rd time that I have had the H-polori Bacteria and my first time taking Plylera. Well personally it not been a fun ride and the side effects have been not positive for me. I've been having terrible headaches, dizziness, feeling like am going to vomit, horrible taste in my mouth even with water. The positive side is am not hungry like I used too so I force myself to eat something in order to take the this medication. I have already missed a day from work because I was not able to keep my self focused and the headaches are killing me. Staying positive."

Tuchi (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was very hesitant to take this medicine based on reviews. I had taken the amoxicillin, claromyicin treatment a year before but it did not work. I tried Black Seed Oil, Mastic Gum and Manila Honey. They made my stomach feel better for a while but then the pain started again and my stool sample came back positive again. So I started Plyera. I took a strong probiotic twice a day, ate a good amount of food with each dose and took omeprazole twice a day. I eliminated any foods or drinks with dairy or alcohol. I pretty much ate oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter sandwiches and veggies. I did not have any problems with Plyera. About day 5 I had some stomach pains and was really tired but was fine otherwise and now my stool test was negative!"

Mal's Mimi January 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am 19 years old and I've had this H Pylori for almost 2 years . My doctor put me on the treatment and I started yesterday morning after breakfast . Everytime I take it I get nauseous and feel pain in my stomach. Well today I feel like I have absolutely no energy and I'm sitting at work falling asleep and still nauseous. Is this normal or should I call my doctor. I've never called off nor been late to my job but I do not feel up to working today and I don't know why I'm feeling like this. Help please"

JayyRo January 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is my third day now. I was unlucky to catch the flu the day I started the treatment so I am drained and tired. Side effects I had were migraine hitting my right side of the head all through my teeth, nausea, stomach pains, reflux at night, and waking up with panic attacks. Hope to survive the treatment. Glad to be on break, otherwise certainly unfit for work. No diarrhoea till now but I am energy less."

SamerM January 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "This is my 8th day of taking Plyera. I feel poisoned. These drugs are poison. My chest is burning up from acid. I can feel acid in my nose as well. I am pretty much confined to my couch or bed. 2 more days to go. I am concerned that this medicine is damaging my esophagaus from severe acid reflux. Doc was insistent on curing this even if I did not have any ulcers. I felt so much better before this treatment. Please prepare plastic spoons and bowls. You won't have the energy to wash anything. Also prepare 10 day worth of food you can eat using microwave. You won't be driving anywhere either. Not all will experience terrible side effects (I had them all) but for sure they are real for me."

jaeh (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am on my 5th day of this drug treatment and it has been hard. People say don't read the negative reviews before you start the treatment but for me it was helpful to know what to expect. The first 2 days were ok. But from the day 3, I have been experiencing the most of side effects. Nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain, bitter and sour taste in my mouth, chills, fatigue, foggy head, and bloating. I am sure only some people experience these symptoms but I wonder these side effects are after all just effects, not side effects. Sort of like going through chemo. For those who start the medication, please make sure to get off work and stay home!! 5 more days to go and I will stick to it."

jaeh (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Just finished with this round and glad it is over. I had all side effects but stayed positive and finished. Now I must wait 3 months and retest to see if I am negative for H Pylori. Will update once I get tested and get the results"

Princess D December 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm going to start off by saying DO NOT READ INTO EVERYONES SIDE EFFECTS...I did and it freaked me out even before I even started this medicine. I'm almost finished with day 4 and have had really no side effects. I've had a headache for a few days but I just got my period same day I started the pills..sorry TMI "

Alimacs18213 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I have been taking Pylera med for 5 days now first day it made me vomit and nauseous and now I have extremely bad diarrhea and getting hemorrhoids :"( Is this normal?"

Bettieouiie November 20, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I finished up my 10 days it was extremely difficult, had all the same symptoms the whole time, on the night time dose on two occasions I could not take the dose, I was so dizzy it was extremely scary plus the pain, I still continued on and took the two doses as I finished the others the next day. It is know7 days later I have still got my stomach pain, but today I have felt better. Doc told me to continue on the oprazelam. I think it is mainly the inflammation from taking the pylera. I think and hope the infection is gone.. I have been taking a probiotic called bio-k which is very strong. You can get this at a vitamin store, and I could tell this made a big difference. The antibiotic killed all my good bacteria."

Beverly1256 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was diagnosed with h pylori approx 6 years ago and it took care of it. It recently came back It made me very sick my stomach was in pain day and night, doc prescribed pylera again. The first 3 days were hard.dizzy, stomach pain, anxiety, can't think clear, extreme fatigue, I took probiotics and always have, I learned this years ago with stomach problems. I am now on 6 day things are getting better and better. Stay strong this is a nasty bacteria. I will let you know the end result after day 10. I'm not going to lie it has been hard, might want to consider taking a couple days off or start on a weekend."

Beverly1234jean October 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Started taking this and made me feel sick to my stomach as well as feel not with it very tired and had headaches. The worst part is the last pill before bed time I had to set an alarm and eat crackers then take pill. Then in the morning I didnt want to get up and felt very worn. I still have 4 more days and hope I make it. Will have to recheck with my results on how I did. Oh and also the cost of therse even with insurance was $250.00 all i can say is they better work."

CINDYSNOAH September 21, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "On day 5 taking amoxicillin 1000 mg 2x daily clarithromycin 500 mg 2x daily and omeprazole 20 mg 2x daily. Feeling a lot better already but minor stomach pains still...don't know if from meds or pylori. I have a bitter taste in my mouth and its worse in the mornings. I eat small meals mostly fruits and veggies except acidic ones. No sweets at all. Read sweets make pylori multiply. Id say so far so good but 9 days of treatment left. Sure hope this regimen works cuz 6 months that regimen didn't work or it came back. Im 63 yrs young. Good luck all :)"

Flirty (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Picked up a nasty H Pylori strain from an casual blind date, I know I should have gotten to know the person better. Took a while before symptoms showed up. Had severe upset stomach, occasional diarrhea, nausea and slow but steady weight loss. Took a long time and several doctors to diagnose my steadily worsening condition. Tried PrevPak first, seemed to work at first but my infection came back. The new GI then prescribed Pylera after my 3rd endoscopy. Pylera has worked, it's been a year and I am still H Pylera negative. But it's been brutal and a very hard long road back to recovery. Had severe side effects from tetracycline (in Pylera), my skeletal bones seemed to have absorbed it. Am still not completely detoxed, steadily improving."

HPyloriHell August 12, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Had absolutely no side effects except for darkening of stool. Took pylera for 10 days with a full meal and a glass of water. Slept through all nights like a baby. Will see if pylera was effective in killing the infection."

Helen 2 July 17, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 1-Started with first dose after breakfast. Full meal and 16 ounce glass of water to wash down medicine. Second dose taken six hours later with a full meal at lunch. Also drink 16 ounces of water with medicine. Around 2:30 in the afternoon started to develop a headache. I drink more water to see if that would help. Around 3:30 my headache was much worse and I started developing a stiff neck. Took my third dose at 6 PM with a full meal and 16 ounces of water. 30 minutes later I got really nauseous and threw up four times. I have never thrown up this much in my life. I contacted the pharmacist and she told me to stop the medication immediately. I also contacted my doctor and she told me to stop, as well."

Skauff51 July 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Just to counter all the fear here. On day 8, Zero side effects other than feeling that my gi function is actually feeling better. Pain to take all the pills , omeprazole morning and night before meals, others four times a day after meals containing mostly carbs. And Florastor twice a day, only pro biotic not killed by treatment. Thought perhaps mostly people with bad experiences post, thought some light could be helpful ."

Wantedtobe positive (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Everyone's differvent but for me personally. 26 year old, 160 pounds, sorta in shape. I felt permanently hung over with a metallic taste in my mouth. Lack of sleep as week really hit me. Try to stay active or entertained. Take time off work if you can. After a while everything feels like a dream"

Jsizzle2828384 June 19, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was prescribed pylera after a triple therapy failed, i'm now on my last day of it. The gastritis pain, is slowly going away but still there ( you will have to wait the next 4 weeks for it to heal ). The first 5 days i didn't feel anything different, then day 5 i had terrible headache, anxiety and nausea. day 6 and onward my body adapted and it became less powerful but still pretty crappy, I'm not gonna lie to you, you basically feel hangover for the last 4 days. Drink a lot, force yourself to eat and go out (computer will make headache horrible ). Stay strong brothers, its a pain but this has 90% success rate."

ThomLG (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Just finished 10 days of Pylera. This is my second treatment in the past few months for h-pylori after it coming back 2 weeks after finishing triple treatment. Well this has to be the worst medicine ive ever been prescribed in my life. I was bloated first few days and looked 6 months pregnant. It got worse.... the symptoms that followed were insomnia, itchiness everywhere especially my nose, anxiety, racing heart, weight gain, mood swings and just a general feeling of not feeling with it, im still bloated after 4 days after ive finished and dont feel great."

PaulaMason72 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "So far its a day 4 and i wish my doctor would've told me about the side effects so that i could've been more prepared. I hate medication and this got to be the worse medication I've taken. Ive been feeling very loopy here and there, slightly nauseas. Hopefully it works."

Anonymous May 26, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I just finished 10 day. It was really hard. Tested positive for h.pylori after endoscopy, as well as, gastritis. No ulcers. Pylera really wrecked my stomach. Side effects for me: Metallic taste, nausea, dizziness, acid reflux, lack of appetite, excessive burping, sour stomach, gnawing gut, dark green stools. Recommend asking doctor for anti-nausea meds which helped a bit. Did not eat dairy, took probiotics everyday. Force feed yourself plain meals to help with meds. Also took omeprazole twice a day. Hope it gets better - so far I feel awful!"

Kelles (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm in day five and it is terrible. I have woke the last two nights with chest pain,side hurt, back pain and numbness in both arms.Went away in about a hour.Have the worst yeast infection of my life. I'm so tired most of the time.When I start to do anything I give out. Will be so glad when I finish. Will let you know how I do."

Cadence May 4, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "First of all if you're on this site- step away from computer! Yes it's good to gather information but get it from a medical professional. Everyone is so different and no one responds the same way so why distress yourself with all the glom and doom scenarios of other people?i Did the regimen and did have 3 days where I felt real bad but after being sick as a dog for 6 wks from actual infection 3 bad days was a piece of cake."

Nlon (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016