User Reviews for Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide to treat HIV Infection (Page 4)

Also known as: Biktarvy

Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 118 ratings for the treatment of HIV Infection. 57% of those users who reviewed Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide

Little J · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I recently started Biktarvy and boy let me tell you... Night terrors. Its a daily occurrence. I am routinely terrified to the point of not wanting to go back to sleep. It's getting worse as days go by. I make sure I don't drink coffee/caffeine 8 hours before bed. I don't use my smart phone before bed either. Starting to now dread going to bed. Night sweats. Sheets now get washed frequently enough to probably warrant buying more sheet sets. Nausea. Has not subsided a few months in, but bad when waking up to night terrors. This occurs with or without a meal. After all this, getting back to sleep requires a sleep medication. Gonna try to switch meds.”

Aaron · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was recently diagnosed with HIV though I was infected six months ago. My CD4 count is 80 and the viral load around 13K. I found another person who was infected by the same person I was and he said he was on this medication. On Monday I saw the specialist and told him about what I had learned and he prescribed Biktarvy as well. So far so good though it's only been two days. I suddenly have a LOT more energy. It may be due to the strong antibiotics though (or a placebo effect). Other than a little stomach discomfort at first, I have not had any side effects (though that could be the antibiotics too). It's only been two days and we'll see how this does long term. I'm hopeful. The biggest downside is the $100 copay. I want to take it out of the hide of the person who infected me. He knew he was HIV positive (and I didn't) and removed his condom (without me knowing). I'm hoping the coupons I found will reduce the copay.”

Danny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 21, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was on Genvoya for about a year, which I liked very much. Only problem was that you had to take with a meal. I had a no problem switch to Biktarvy, which works as well and you can take without food. Have felt good since the switch, maybe even a bit more energetic. Hope it stays like this!”

Hugh · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 29, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Was previously on stribild which worked great. No problems at all. Doc switched me to biktarvy. Supposedly not as harsh on liver/stomach/bones etc. First week I felt lethargic. Still able to function and work. After the first week things have been great. No side effects. No night terrors. Weird thing is...I had bizarre dreams and nightmares waaaay before I was positive. Seems to be working well with my body. Been on it about 3 months now. Best health!”

PozOklaCity · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “UPDATE: As I’ve written, I was diagnosed March 31, 2019 and started Biktarvy April 19. After, what, 6-weeks? Here are my labs: CD4 = was 100...now 217 Viral Load = was 50,000...now 41 Near-miraculous results! Thank you God and thank you Biktarvy!”

Garro · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I just started Biktarvy on April 30th with a CD4 count of 7 and an unknown VL. Also taking bactrim and clindamicin for a tooth infection. I'm starting to feel better, I haven't had any insufferable side effect apart from mild headaches, a bit of rash and maybe one crazy dream. I'm eating healthy and also taking probiotics to protect my stomach. I'm mostly concerned with the tooth infection that haven't stop yet. But I'm keeping positive after reading many good experiences with other patients. Let's be strong!”

Rbx · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed on the 7th of July. My VL and CD4 were 29.000 and 459 respectively. I have been on Biktarvy for almost 7 weeks now. So far, no side effects. I hope to be undetectable on my next check up in about 5 weeks.”

Tom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed on 10 June 2020 and was put on Biktarvy a month later. I was shocked since the people I had been with all said they were negative. I have no idea how I got it. Anyway, I noticed I started losing my hair after getting on the medication. I also got rashes/zits on my back. Also, my stomach was upset during my 6 weeks on this medication. At my first follow-up, my doctor suggested it might be due to drug allergy so switched me to Triumeq. I had some side-effect of it in the beginning, but now after two weeks I am not having any and I’m not losing any more hair. Biktarvy was effective though. My CD4 count had gone from 425 when first diagnosed to 604 after 6 weeks. My doctor said that the hair loss was probably not because of Biktarvy, but I think it was. I was worried to switching meds since I’ve heard that they other ones are more toxic, but since I’m newly diagnosed maybe I can manage an ‘older’ drug for the time being.”

PDX · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Will switch on 7/11 from Genvoya. Kaiser seems to be moving folks off the boosters. Started 2 years ago on Stribild and then Genvoya. Neither one ever gave me side effects, and I have no reason to think Biktarvy will either. Much smaller pill too and zero copay with Gilead card. I'll report after 30 days. Until there is a cure kids, take your meds daily and take care of yourself!”

Anonyme · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed HIV October 2018. After all tests, I started my treatment with Biktarvy from December 2018 and I became undetectable in January 2019, so it works. One of side effect that I observe it is non frequent muscle pains. I haven't observed other side effects.”

JustMe · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Initial tests in February 2019 showed VL - 538,000 and CD4 - 284. Began taking Biktarvy in February. No side effects. In March the VL-103 and CD4 - 338 Just had a test in June 2019 and the VL-29 and CD4 402. I was told it would take some time for CD4 to go up. However, it’s moving quite nicely. I find exercise and diet are key. If I slow down, I become sluggish. Liver and kidney tests are good. My next test is in October. Thanks Biktarvy.”

Lissie April 2, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Have been on Atripla for 10+ years and have been doing very well with no side effects. My doctor of ten+years relocated and I got a new doctor who convinced me to switch to Biktarvy. Terrible drug, my blood pressure (BP) went to over 200/190 since starting taking this new drug Biktarvy and I am always terribly tired. I have always had a BP of 110/70. Will go back to the doctor and request to switch back to my good old Atripla -has served me well all this years.”

Mark · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Started biktarvy just 28 days ago. I’d previously been on a three tablet combo taken once a day. Up to changing I’d never encountered any side effects but my mood is a lot lower and I’ve got the worst case of sinusitis since I changed.”

Olls · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Been on biktarvy last 2 months now went from 3 pills a day to 1. I feel fine only thing I will say my blood pressure has gone up and I got call from hospital go back for more bloods because kidney function is not how should be, I don't know yet if its related to this tablet or just years of been on HIV meds as I've been on meds over 10years”

Jsw · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Newly diagnosed with HIV-1, LOVE the treatment so far. Only initial side effects were some pretty intense and realistic dreams. My initial viral load was 1,330 copies per milliliter, while my CD4 count was around 1,100. Started treatment in June and only one month latter my VL is down to 45 copies per milliliter (virtually undetectable) and my CD4 count has risen up to nearly 1,300. Would encourage at least talking to your healthcare provider about this treatment option!!!”

Undetectable · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed 4 years ago and immediately began taking isentress and truvada it took years for me to tolerate those drugs. Their effect on my body was terrible the smell from my urine and feces was awful. The aches and pains from the isentress was the worst. I had difficulty even moving around from the pain. My doctor prescribed Byktarvy when I began taking it I had mild headaches some nausea and a lot of gas but the symptoms subsided the smell from my urine and feces disappeared and every bit of joint pain disappeared as well. It was amazing even better my viral load in 30 days went from 250 to 101. I feel stronger less phlegm in my chest I'm not as tired as I was on truvada and isentress. Bottom line is this drug blows away my prior treatment and I highly recommend it. One thing for sure in order for these meds to properly work you CANNOT have diahrrea! That interferes with the meds being absorbed by your body that must be controlled and continuing unsafe receptive sex can causes diahrrea”

pmlsurvivor · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I tried it for a week and one day after taking pills my butt was very sore (it hurt to sit down) and then another 4 days of taking pill I noticed a lot of red bumps on both of my thighs. So far besides those 2 things ,that's all of the side effects. If you have my side effects, please post your experience. Thanks!”

marcojackson · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Okay, I think this is the best medication EVER.I used it for 2 months with no side effects whatsoever. When I first started it my cd4 was 378 now it's 436 ( I have PML) and my JC virus which is ( PML ) results was 127 now its 72. I love Biktarvy!!!! Great results.”

smocito · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I take Biktarvy for 8 Days now and there are no side effects maybe if feel a little bit tired sometimes, but it also could be from the very fresh infection 3-4 Weeks ago. I feel very good and look very healthy and I'm thankful that I don't have any serious side effects.”

PDX · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “One month in switching from Genvoya. Absolutely no problems. Remain undetectable and CD4 count never higher. Started 2 years ago on Stribild with a viral load of 54k and CD4s just in the 150s. As of last week, CD4s were 524. Additional benefit of no food requirement.”

Kwame · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Been taking this for a week now and have been having crazy and constant nightmares dreams even though I sleep in the day and work at night. Had the same issue with Atripla before doctor put me on Genvoya. Trying for a month to see whether the nightmares stop.”

Mbmb · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Diagnosed 6 weeks ago and immediately put on this drug . Only side effect is dreams/ nightmares and been having to urinate a lot. original test results are: Vc. 500k+ T cell 165 Been on for approx 6 weeks and will get first results next week . Will update with how drug worked.”

BigBird · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I been taking this medicine for 1 week now and all I can say that I loooooooooooove it. PROS small 1x STR pill per day with or without food NO side effects on me CONS Pricey though all HIV meds are expensive So happy that my doctor gave this meds for my regimen... I will post a followup comment once I get my 1st months blood work. ”

anne · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Taking this medication for PEP (post exposure prophylaxis) treatment because I did not have insurance to cover Truvada & Isentress, and they had this available to me at no cost. I take this at night and the only side effects are extreme nausea in the morning and vivid dreams.”

Worried · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed 1994 with the virus. I started taking medications 12 years later. Kaletra and Truvada. Because of this coronavirus kaletra isn't available. I pray Biktarvy works for me so many side effects.”