User Reviews for Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide to treat HIV Infection (Page 5)

Also known as: Biktarvy

Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 118 ratings for the treatment of HIV Infection. 57% of those users who reviewed Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide

Goliath53 · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Doc switched me from Sustiva/Epzicom to Biktarvy. This is my third switch to one-pill-a-day regimen. First time was Atripla. Threw up constantly. Went off after three days. Then Triumeq — inflamed by peripheral neuropathy. Quit after three weeks. Now on Biktarvy. It’s been tough. The worst side effect is feeling a need to burp and I can’t. Very uncomfortable.”

Bobcat · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Newly diagnosed and started Biktarvy less than a month a go and have reached undetectable levels already. No side effects for me other than some swelling of the feet in the first few days of taking it. Otherwise I am very happy with this med.”

diggle · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Haven't been able to find a good platform for discussion, I was diagnosed 3 years ago, after I hit 18 I had a very sharp decline in energy levels and In the last 3 years I think that the meds have contributed to that, I have been taking stribild for the last three years, no other side effects but fatigue and I became undetectable quickly and have remained so, I start Biktarvy next Tuesday after I finish my stribild hopefull this will help with the fatigue.”

Kinakoo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 22, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Hiv+ since 1995. Since proteasa inhibitors appears the cd4 media has been 900 and virus copies are controlled since 1997 undetectable since Sustiva. Doctors impressed either my cd4 results, sometimes higher than 1300 (atripla times). Then Triumeq for a short time, then genvoya (the best for me) and now Biktarvy. Well, now I am 50 y/o and I know that my health and capabilities are not the same. Being very concerned about that I say that after one year of Biktarvy my cd4 now are lower between 700 and 800. Fortunately still undetectable. And I feel that my immunity system is now weaker. It costs me more to recover from problems like colds and I feel that I am more likely to have small health problems. It is only my feelings and I have talked to my doctor. I relay on my doctor as a father, so I will insist with Biktarvy if he says everything is ok.”

Rick · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “HIV + April 2018 my VL was only 980 but the cd4 was 173, this put me in the aids bracket. I started to get thrush on tongue and this is a danger sign. I start AART Tivicay & Descovy.. within 1 month VL 120,cd4 around 300, thrush had gone, so was out of the danger zone. The side effects for me were not sleeping well, tired all the time, in a brain fog. I switched to Biktarvy in Aug 2020. Wow, ACID is really bad, even Losec doesn't stop it, teeth enamel eating away, have to drink warm water or teeth really hurt still tired and brain fog all the time. Now I am 6 months taking it and have nausea in stomach all the time, just feel off - ever since I started AART I haven't been sharp, Normally I was quick to do things or solve things quickly, not any more. The acid and nausea is becoming a big problem, but I am undetectable and cd4 is around 580. So I suppose I should be thankful..”

Lakaydon · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was newly diagnosed in November of 2018 however I was infected in early mid 2017. My viral load was 7086 and within a month of being on it, I went undetectable! Slight nausea in the beginning but everything is good now!!!”

Bob August 18, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Have been on genvoya for 16 months with virtually no side effects and will start the switch to biktarvy tomorrow because it doesn’t require food when taking it. My irregular travel schedule made it difficult to have food as required with Genvoya. I’ll report back in a month after biktarvy. Looking forward to not having a food requirement.”

Madame pretty March 25, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Have been taking different types of HIV meds since April 2016 due to bad side effects like nightmares & terrible headaches. Genvoya has been working well but I have decided to switch due to the fat being accumulated on my thighs which makes them bigger (like chicken thighs :) ) even though my doc doesn't believe me and won't agree that this is a side effect. He has now put me on Biktarvy after I insisted that I can't go on with Genvoya but will be starting in 10 days time as I have to finish the last tabs of Genvoya. Am hoping for no or minimum side effects but after reading most reviews here it seems like this med is much better. Did anyone experience fat accumulation on a certain part of the body? I will give an update here once I have tried it for 2 weeks.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was recently diagnozed as HIV+ March 2019. I started taking Biktarvy for 1 week now and happy to say that I have experienced no side effects or whatsoever.. Hopefully it stays this way... So far so good.. I will post a followup post once I get my blood work after 1 month on Biktarvy. Mike from Toronto”

Anonymous March 26, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed with HIV in June 2018 I started Biktarvy July 2018 at that time viral load 25,700 and CD4 1126, a month later I did blood work and was undetectable and CD4 1358. 8 months later am still undetectable. I have had no side effects. I know it’s recommended to take the pill at the same time everyday but I be at work so I just give myself a window of 11a-2p to take it because my doctor recommends me to take the pill with a meal...”

Lhyonion · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I'm new to taking this medicine. It's been about a week so I'm just going to let you know about my experience so far. I really don't know what to rate it as, as of yet so I'll rate it as a 6 so far and later it may change. The reason why I'm sharing my experience is because I'm looking for information on how others are with the medication and can't find much so I'll provide my input. I just recently started this medication about a week ago. I've noticed that my skin has cleared up from before, I had rashes, dry skin and a few bumps. My skin has healed some, however I feel pretty sick but my doctor did tell me that that may happen before I start to feel better, I also still have vaginal itch. I looked up how expensive this medicine is and it doesn't make sense how much it costs but I do have insurance. I will be sure to let you guys know how it goes.”

Dennis · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Recently diagnosed with a VL of 6,800 and CD4 count of 535; percentage: 29.7%. Will see how long it takes to become undetectable and will report back in one month. Doctor seems to be happy about me being on Biktarvy.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Just started Biktarvy my viral load was very high, Dr recommended Biktarvy . I’ve experienced severe nausea, muscle aches, and I’ve been very tired. This is only the 4th day so I’ll give it a month to see if the side effects get better. I like how the pill is smaller than trizivir and you can take it on an empty stomach. I’ll give it a chance.”

Anonymous February 18, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Infected in Nov 2020. Diagnosed & started meds in Jan 2021. First bloodwork came back with VL of 25000 & CD4 count of 430. I'm now approaching 2 weeks into the meds. The biggest thing I have noticed is the constant head tension & nausea is now fading. I have more energy as I’m able workout daily. I have a rash on the back of my neck along with small areas on my arm & hand that’s been there before starting the drug. The neck rash still remains. I also have mucus in my stool that has been there since the start of my infection. I started coughing off and on. I was told that for 1st time HIV med users your acute symptoms briefly come back as your immune system is strengthening so I imagine that’s what I’m going through right now. I’m still skeptical in general. I feel some progress but I also feel like that more progress should be happening as I’m almost 2 weeks into the medication. Hopefully I’ll improve more.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 15, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I have been on Biktarvy since December of 2018. I switched from Atripla that I was on for 12 years, and I never looked back. Although, I did experience initial adjustment side effects such as an upset stomach, headaches for the first month. Now I wake up without a headache that I used to get almost every morning, also have more energy to do things.”

Nick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 16, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed in June 2020, doctor was sympathetic cause I’m young and was so confused. Still getting use to it. Anyways, I was put on Biktarvy right away and responded more than well to the treatment. No side effects for me. I even feel better with more energy. My levels are really good. Though it would help any support group suggestions. Thanks.”

Deaver · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Took my first dose tonight, so far so good. Was excited to see a much smaller pill than Triumeq. I’ve been on Complera, Stribild and Triumeq with varying experiences. Mostly no side effects but I have crazy dreams every night. Sometimes I felt sick with Triumeq when I didn’t eat so I’m hoping Biktarvy is better.”

HarvupHiv · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 23, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “HIV+ for 30 years. ☀️”

Meme May 26, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Been on this drug for over 1 year . No side effects. Cd4 never higher. Viral load undetectable . Love this little pill . 28 years and still going . Never sick. Aweome drug.”

WestCoastShawn · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “No problems at all. Very effective. Been on biktarvy for over a year. Undetectable. A little sluggish the [very] first two weeks.”

anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed with HIV infection in Oct. with a CD4 of 240, and a viral load of 80,000. After only 3 weeks, my CD4 is up to 700, and viral load is less than 20. Truly remarkable.”

Dana · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Been on this medication for almost 2 years now and I can say only the worse. I don't even want to take it anymore and considering swithing to Dovato or other medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 23, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Hair loss with biktarvy. A lot of sweating under arms . I don't like a the hair loss. Does anyone else have hair loss with this drug?”

Bright · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Been on Biktarvy for 16 days. Immediately very bad dreams, nightmares, waking up after 4 or 5 hours. Some stomach ache in the beginning. Switching today to another medication.”

Grey · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Diagnosed with HIV on August 29, 2019 and began taking Biktarvy about 1 week later. My initial viral count was over 5 million, but is down to 89 copies/ml as of January 8, 2020.”