User Reviews for Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide to treat HIV Infection (Page 3)

Also known as: Biktarvy

Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 118 ratings for the treatment of HIV Infection. 57% of those users who reviewed Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide

Newbie · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed with HIV on 8/7/2019. I didn’t start treatment until 9/13/2019. On 10/3/2019, 3 weeks into taking Biktarvy, I took my follow up tests. I actually had AIDS with a CD4 count of 195 and VL of 372,000. As of 10/3/2019, my VL is 138 and CD4 count is 233. I did experience some illness the first couple weeks which could be attributed to the Bactrim I was taking and my immune system recovering so quickly. Biktarvy is amazing. I did have a rash but once I stopped taking bactrim it went away. I have so much more energy and my cognitive functions have improved”

tk1194 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “After being on Atripla for 10 years, undetectable and CD4 600, my Dr. asked if I wanted to try Biktarvy. She said it is more refined blah blah so I went on it. It seems to be fine, no blips or changes. I did start to have crazy dreams which I didn't get with Atripla. I do want to comment about the blood pressure and kidney's since I see a lot of people mentioning it. here. My blood pressure is suddenly high, and kidney function tests are off. This started recently. Hopefully will subside.”

Norse · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Got diagnosed in Feb 2020 and immediately started treatment. Went from cd4 660 and vl 40 000 to cd4 889 and undetectable in just three weeks. Very happy. Only felt a little tingling in feet the first few weeks. This however became worse with time, especially after workouts. More a feeling of numbness and sometimes sharp feeling of pain. Also got the same feeling in my hands. Suspected neuropathy. Waited it out another 3-4 weeks but it didn't subside. My doc then took me off Biktarvy and put me on dovato. Gradually feeling better but we'll see. Fingers crossed.”

NewDay · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was Diagnosed on Oct 1 2019, after being screened for PrEP. Guess I was too late. Started on Biktarvy Oct 30th. Started with a VL 18500 and CD4 269. Only slight side effects, dull headache which was relieved with Tylenol and Vivid dreams. First follow up, Dec 4th. VL undetectable, Doc didn't check CD4 at this time. Headaches are less frequent, hydration helps. Second follow up, Mar 4th 2020. VL still undetectable, CD4 count up to 516.”

DogLover1 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 18, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I've been on Biktarvy for almost a year now. I was on Genvoya prior to the switch. All of the following symptoms have been escalating. My BP is high 190/100, bloated with gas, difficult bowel movements because of the gas and now my bad cholesterol is high (never had this before)....so going to doc next week and requesting to go back to Genvoya and see how things go....reading other reviews and I'm happy that so many have better health as a result of getting this medication.”

Jai June 9, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I got infected with HIV in January 2020. I have started treatment on 27th of February. My viral load and CD4 count was 1800 and 416 respectively when I started treatment. Now after three months of treatment my viral load is less than 40 and CD4 count is 430. I don’t have any side effects. Biktarvy is amazing!!”

Coda017 · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I recently changed my medication from triumeq to biktarvy and the medication is is doing me well I thank my doctor for changing my medication because it's taking away the tingling in my feet that I got from triumeq.”

Covewiz · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “The good news is that Biktarvy knocked this into immediate recession AND it got me off Sustiva. The odd things I discovered were twofold. Immediately after starting Bkty I noticed a distinct, totally new, body odor! In the desert we almost never even wear deodorant so this anomaly was a huge surprise. Unpleasant is a good word. Rank would be another and not an odor that MY body had ever produced before. Deodorant was minimally effective. Good news: it seems to have passed out of my in under 3 months and all back to normal. Second issue, not so easily resolved: Extreme dry eye and mouth. To the point of eye infections, eyelash infections, etc. I'm on two different oral rinses all day and now addicted to eye drops. These interactions started exactly what I started Bktvy I'll be curious to see If others report any of these effects.”

TJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 25, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I had my first symptoms if HIV n July 2019 of weakness and lack of appetite. I was a diagnosed on Aug 6. When my blood work came back my viral load was 7,560 and cd4 190. I started Biktarvy on Aug 6 2019. As of Oct 7, my cd4 went up to 450 copies and viral load is now 190. I am so grateful! Doctor also had me on Bactrim until my cd4 went past 400. Thank God!!”

smithosmith · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “This is my update on this medication after taking it for 1 month and 10 days. I would say it's very effective. My VL went down from 20,883 to 25 which is undetectable level. And my CD4 is slowly rising from 526 to 571 in a month. Incredible results with no significant side effects so far. I feel less tired and can perform my daily routine well. Thanks to Biktarvy.”

Mad as hell January 2, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Just started and it is going to be a month in 5 days. This is the worst anti viral pill I have ever been on. I was on tiscavy and descovy. I have the worst stomach pain and nausea as well as night terrors to the point that my husband wakes me up. We are not lab rats to experiment on I’m so mad...been hiv+ going on 8 yrs”

Bill · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 2, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I want to warn anyone taking this medication who may have similar genetics to mine. My experience with Biktarvy over the past 6 years was awful and I was not even fully aware, or informed of the details of it once I was until way later. I am someone who loves to workout and build muscle. It caused a lot of issues in the muscle building process which hindered my growth, gave me weak wrists/hands, made me feel fatigued, and it also made me extremely gassy and gave me foul smelling stools (I almost think it gave me a sort of food allergy while taking it). My doctor eventually concluded that I may be having some mitochondrial toxicity from TAF/FTC which is unusual but not impossible. I switched to Juluca which is an NRTI sparing regimen and have not had any of the above symptoms”

INFOSEEKER20 April 24, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “@Fighter55 Do you mind telling me what type of new skin infection your dealing with? I recently start Biktarvy 4-5 months ago. I started getting this new dark spot in my face which seems to spread on my face. I went to a dermatologist and they did not even know where the skin issue came from. I was given a tropical cream but made it worse. I was trying to see if anyone else experienced the same issue so I can know to switch medicines.”

James · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed with HIV on January 7, 2019, I started Biktarvy on January 31, 2019 and now I am happy to say that as of March 14, 2019 I am UNDETECTABLE! I didn't have any side effects from the medication. I recommend this medicine!”

Chabell July 4, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Have been on Birktavy for 3 months since switching from Descovay. I like it as it's cheaper and only 1 tablet. I came on this platform to check if anyone has my side effects. For the past month I have noticed that my butt and hips are sore also the soles of my feet hurt if I'm barefooted on my rug so sensitive.. So far I've noticed 2 other people with butt soreness so I'm confident it's from Birktavy.. Has anyone found a good remedy for this soreness”

Fred · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “It is incredible how quickly my viral load went down to 53 which is clearly near undetectable. I got my first blood test 2 weeks after I started and we are all amazed.. my cd4 went from 97 to 153. I had two nausea moments at the grocery store at the beginning but it has stopped. I feel less shame taking only a tiny cute pill a day . I actually take more supplements pills! Green tea and Selenium. I found it could help with the immune system. I also took probiotics for a kick when I was with very low cd4. My doctor was worried I catch all sort of deadly diseases and now she only wants to see me in three months ! It took 2 weeks to achieved what would take more time with older treatments. Very happy !! Also I had candidasis on my tongue. They are fungus. The Nystatin they prescribed didn't work. So I bought 2 essential oils. Clove and Tea tree mixed with some coco oil. Within a week fungus was all gone! Along with Biktarvy I am healing fast. Science moved forward in 2019!”

FeverNights · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 18, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Was diagnosed about 7 years ago. Had 200k copies, CD4 130 which is an immediate AIDS diagnosis. First was Stribild, all good was getting better very fast. Then they switched me to Genvoya, even better, no side effects that I could notice. About a year ago, switched to Stribild. I don't know if I'm having side effects or not, but I do feel a bit less healthy, however -20 copies and CD4 1,344. God bless everyone of you. Please take your meds!”

Cancer0626 · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Diagnosed in 06/2018. Started on Genvoya and switched to try this medicine due to the fact you can take it with or without meds. First couple of days have been a little rocky if side effects persist. I will switch back to Genvoya”

Bill April 26, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Dr switched me to this from Genvoya (also bad news). After 6 months on it, I never know whether I'm going to pass gas or fill my pants. If its not diarrhea, then its painful gas and a stool too hard to pass and I have to take an enema. Lipodystrophy is worse than norvir. Also now I have diverticulosis which I attribute to biktarvy. I'm going to insist on switching back to my old 3 pill cocktail”

PozOklaCity · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was diagnosed with HIV on March 30, 2019. It’s probably been in my body for 10+ years....who knows? (Viral load 50,000-80,000, CD4 100.). Started taking Biktarvy April 19, 2019. Just took my 7th dose, this morning. So far, so good; no side effects. I seem to feel better. I don’t know if it’s the drug, yet, or if it’s me, glad to know what my symptoms were attributed to and finally being treated. Time will tell. But I am very optimistic!”

JZ · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2021

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I switched from Triumeq because of extreme tiredness, but Biktarvy made it even worse. I tried Biktarvy for a week, but I had to switch back because it made me feel like a complete zombie. I was so tired and sleepy that I couldn't get out of bed at all and when I did get out of bed, I felt confused and disoriented. I had no choice but to stop taking it.”

Dab · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “Got diagnosed February 15th , by a random 20 min test in clinic , shocked to say the least never knew or suspected, and according to doc must have had it for a while , as vl 49,000 and cd4 164 , as I write just had my 2nd tablet and so far so good also on co-trimoxazole until cd4 rises over 200 do fingers crossed , will update progress”

Carl · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was on Atripla for 6 years, never had any issues or side effects, my doctor said Biktarvy is better because in a long term decreases the likelihood of kidney problems but after 4 days of taking Biktarvy I am having terrible nausea and terrible gases odor and I am sweating a lot when I sleep and am having insomnia. I will talk to him to switch back to Atripla.”

ll213 · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2018

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “so I have been on this medication for about a week and I was on genvoya before hand but the doctor switched me because I had lots of weight gain and my cholesterol was sky rocketing but since being on biktarvy my face has cleared up dramatically and my skin is glowing and my appetite has shrunk too. So far I am liking this medication and I am honestly getting more rest and feeling more energized then how I was on genvoya.”

Lizzie · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

Biktarvy (bictegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I’m about to start this medication after a year of taking Genvoya which resulted in massive weight gain. Genvoya put my weight to 180lb from 145lb in a year so I’m really hoping this drug doesn’t have any extreme side effects. I’ll gladly keep you posted.”